Gunshot to the face

Gunshot to the face

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 am

Please pray for my coworker. Her son shot himself last night. He has made it through surgery but will probably lose his eye. Doesn't appear to have any brain damage. He is in ICU and intubated.

Dearest Yeshua,

I know You are in control. I trust You to take care of every need. Thank You for guiding his care. Please calm the family and shower them with love and encouragement, peace Lord. I know there is a plan here. Help us to grow our faith through the days ahead. Use Your people to comfort this family. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Re: Gunshot to the face

Postby drdos on Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 am

:praying:
drdos

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 pm

so sad :(

Will certainly offer up some prayer on his and his family's behalf

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 am

It's going to be a looooonnnnggg road. All the bone structures are shattered. Tongue, sinuses, ligaments. Major reconstruction coming over multiple surgeries. He has a tracheotomy for breathing and feeding tube for nutrition. He is able to write notes. My fear was a suicide attempt but that was not the case and it was goofing off stupidity. The immediate concern over the next few days is the swelling. He is on high dose steroids, pain meds, antibiotics. He will probably end up with pneumonia as he most likely aspirated stuff into his lungs from the trauma. Family is exhausted and in shock.

Dearest Yeshua,

It breaks my heart. Please comfort my friend and her family. Please prevent the swelling from causing more problems for him. I pray that his caregivers will take the best possible care. Keep them alert to changes and give them guidance. Please comfort him and allow him to recover. I know You are with him and that You will work out the details. May support and encouragement continue to surround them and hold them through the days ahead. Father, please let them see blessings all around them and help them to focus on the good and not the yuck. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 am

That's terrible.
burien1

Postby laney on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 pm

so sad. Praying for him and family.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm

:( :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 am

1st major surgery down. 8.5 hours!

Dearest Yeshua,

Please be there and continue to heal him today. Stay on top of his pain. Surround him with the best competency and skilled staff. Please shower this family in compassion and peace. May he make such a quick recovery that Your Glory is attributed completely. Encourage them. Strengthen them. Protect them in this vulnerable state. Guard their hearts Lord and turn their thoughts to You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:12 am

Spreading Salt wrote:1st major surgery down. 8.5 hours!

Dearest Yeshua,

Please be there and continue to heal him today. Stay on top of his pain. Surround him with the best competency and skilled staff. Please shower this family in compassion and peace. May he make such a quick recovery that Your Glory is attributed completely. Encourage them. Strengthen them. Protect them in this vulnerable state. Guard their hearts Lord and turn their thoughts to You. Amen.

Praying in agreement !
burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please give him relief today. I pray for continued healing. Thank You for growing their faith through this trial Lord. May You continue to guide and direct all his care and comfort. Encourage them and provide for all their needs. Thank You.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Off the vent already and moving to less critical room!!! :grin:

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for Your faithful care. You are Mighty!! I know You are knitting each cell back together just right. Bless this family Lord, in ways we can't even imagine. Please stay on top of the pain Lord and let him get some much needed rest tonight. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:36 pm

burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Dear FP,

Your prayers are soooooo powerful! Thank you for continuing in prayer for this family. It is working!
A 3D CT scan is being used to make a model of his nose and left sinus passages. The model should be built and ready for surgical implant within 2 weeks. He is so swollen right now and there is a lot, a lot of pain at this stage. Thank all who are lifting up a brother in need.

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to provide for all his needs. Thank You for the care he is receiving and the compassion/encouragement/prayer. I know You are hearing our prayers and You will answer them accordingly. Oh Lord, You are so powerful and mighty to save. I praise You for all that You are accomplishing in the lives touched by this accident. Thank You Abba! AMEN! :a3: :banana: :bowing:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Dusty on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 am

Praying for this young man and his family.
Dusty

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please watch over them today. I pray for comfort and rest. Please heal the wounds and guard their hearts. We all want our requests answered "yesterday". Please forgive our audacity and selfishness. I know You are working everything out in Your timing. You have everything mapped out according to Your plans. Thank You for being there and guiding his care. Please encourage them today. Many blessings. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:20 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am

He was able to get water swallowed yesterday during a swallow evaluation. If things still look good today, they will be able to discharge him Wednesday (without his feeding tube), on a liquid diet. His jaw will remain wired shut for another 5 weeks. His eyes work some days and not others, due to the fluctuating pressure/swelling. His attitude is still hanging in there. He even wants to come to church with me! :grin:

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to heal him. It would be so nice if he could go home without a feeding tube. Your will Lord. I pray for him today as they are preparing to send him out of the hospital. Please prepare his heart for the upcoming days. Surround him with caregivers who will continue to aid and assist his needs. I pray for continued healing. Please protect him from anxiety and allow his heart to be drawn into a closer relationship with You through this. I pray You will work out the finances Lord. Guide their path and give them strength for this day. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh, wow, sister....church? Praise the Lord!!!! Continuing to lift this young man and his family in prayer.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Another surgery today to tighten up the wires and such, prior to discharge. 3rd surgery scheduled next week for the new sinus/nose structuring.

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for watching over Justin through this next surgery. Guide the hands of everyone taking care of him. Peace Lord. Please let him lean on You and trust You through his healing. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm

burien1

Postby Dusty on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Dusty

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 am

All teeth from incisor to incisor had to be removed due to necrosis. Also, a portion of his lower jaw. There is now a much larger opening in the roof of his mouth that will need an appliance.

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for guiding the decisions of the physicians. Please let them treat him with skill and accuracy. I pray for this new finding that was unexpected but not unmanageable. Thank You that it is treatable. Please continue to help him heal from this surgery. Strengthen him to receive the news. I pray for peace in his heart. May he lean on You for comfort and provision. Please let him have a great day today Lord. Show him some blessings and encouragement. Thank You Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 pm

:( :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 am

With all the bad tissue and bone removed, he has been able to heal a little quicker. Praise God! They are changing out to a fenstrated trach, so he'll be able to talk (or make sounds). Hope for discharge from hospital by tomorrow. His outlook is good and the prayers are definitely helping!

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for taking care of all his needs. Please protect his mind and continue to give him hope. Thank You for the healing that has occurred and for what is to come. You are so faithful! Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Lord we thank you for sparing this young man's life. We know you have a purpose for him. We ask that you would continue to heal him and make him an instrument for you in a mighty way. In Christ's precious name we pray, amen.
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 am

The new trach isn't as wonderful as he had hoped. With his jaw wired shut and the multiple holes inside, he can't focus on any true speech. Very frustrated. But he is able to write so communication is happening. 3rd surgery next week for the new sinus and nasal passages. He is home with his mom for now.

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to provide. Thank You for giving him a break from the hospital. Thank You that he is appreciative of the little things that so many of us take for granted. Please continue to show this family many blessings and encouragement. Give them hope and perseverance. Guide the care and path Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:03 am

burien1

Postby laney on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:The new trach isn't as wonderful as he had hoped. With his jaw wired shut and the multiple holes inside, he can't focus on any true speech. Very frustrated. But he is able to write so communication is happening. 3rd surgery next week for the new sinus and nasal passages. He is home with his mom for now.

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to provide. Thank You for giving him a break from the hospital. Thank You that he is appreciative of the little things that so many of us take for granted. Please continue to show this family many blessings and encouragement. Give them hope and perseverance. Guide the care and path Lord. Amen.

Amen and Lord we ask that you would turn what is tragedy into triumph as we know you have done time and time again. We also ask prayer for this poor mother, that you would give her the strength and knowledge she needs to deal with this situation, in Christ's precious name we ask, amen.
laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:03 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please work out the details for his new appliance. I pray he can get back into surgery sooner than expected. Guide his care and protect his attitude. Show him that You are with him Lord and may he seek You for all his needs. Fresh hope today Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Re: Gunshot to the face - UPDATE

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 pm

He has gone back to work you guys for 4 hours a day - light duty!! He is able to talk with his latest trach. He is praising God to sooooo many people. His wires will be removed on the 25th. Next surgery is still pending. They can't seem to get the appliances right and their design takes a little time. He is a walking, talking, working miracle!!

Dearest Yeshua,

Please know that there are no words to begin to express the joy and love I feel for You. The work you are doing in his life and in his body is beyond comprehension. Thank You that You are receiving all the glory for his healing and recovery. Thank You that he is praising You and thinking of You so often. There are so many surgeries ahead. Please guide all his care and procedures. Give the doctor's wisdom and the workers compassion. Please also be with his mom as she is fighting some post traumatic stress. Fresh strength, hope, and encouragement for her tonight Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 am

burien1

Re: Gunshot to the face - UPDATE

Postby laney on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:He has gone back to work you guys for 4 hours a day - light duty!! He is able to talk with his latest trach. He is praising God to sooooo many people. His wires will be removed on the 25th. Next surgery is still pending. They can't seem to get the appliances right and their design takes a little time. He is a walking, talking, working miracle!!

Dearest Yeshua,

Please know that there are no words to begin to express the joy and love I feel for You. The work you are doing in his life and in his body is beyond comprehension. Thank You that You are receiving all the glory for his healing and recovery. Thank You that he is praising You and thinking of You so often. There are so many surgeries ahead. Please guide all his care and procedures. Give the doctor's wisdom and the workers compassion. Please also be with his mom as she is fighting some post traumatic stress. Fresh strength, hope, and encouragement for her tonight Lord. Amen.

:a3: Thank you Lord Jesus for for the miracle you have worked here. We ask that you would continue the healing process and be with this mother whom has gone through such a tragic event. Amen!
laney

Postby Dusty on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:48 pm

:praise: :praying:
Dusty

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 am

He came to church Sunday!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank You Yeshua for continuing to work in his life. I know You are using him in a mighty way. May he find You, receive You, and grown in his relationship with You. Please guide the construction of his appliance and line the surgery up in the correct time. Thank You! :a3:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 am

Praise God !

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 pm

:a3: What a joy to see such great news come out of such a great tragedy. Lord, I pray you will continue to meet the needs and I pray for Your Blessings in this young fella's life. I also pray that you will continue to give the family strength and endurance through the process that had become their circumstances. Thank you Lord that you are so faithful to us all.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for his new teeth. It is so amazing how You have helped him through this. Encourage him through the days Lord and help him to adjust to the many changes. Give him patience and perseverance Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:35 am

Next major surgery today. Trach coming out and new sinus mold going in.

Dearest Yeshua,

Please surround this entire family with Your peace and comfort. Guide the hands of the physician and give him skill and attentiveness. Please provide for all their needs through this. Let all the caregivers be compassionate and accurate. I pray for no complications and a swift healing Lord. Thank You for being in control of this. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am

Praying all goes well !
burien1

Re: Gunshot to the face - update

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm

He was out of surgery and got rushed back in.

Dearest Yeshua,

Please work out the details. Calm them and guide them. Protect them. Love them. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm

All is well. Thank You Lord!!! Please continue to watch over him and knit each cell back together perfectly. Keep ahead of any discomfort and provide the best skilled and compassionate care. A good night for all Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Please let it be a much better night for him. Help the nurse's stay ahead of his discomfort. Thank You for continuing to heal him and strengthen every fiber. May he lean on You for all his needs Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Dearest Yeshua,

Please let it be a much better night for him. Help the nurse's stay ahead of his discomfort. Thank You for continuing to heal him and strengthen every fiber. May he lean on You for all his needs Lord. Amen.

In agreement Lord. :praying:
laney

Next

Return to Prayer Requests