Nolan

Re: Nolan

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:13 am

From a facebook update:

The power of prayerIt is a true miracle - Nolan was released last night to come home! A record recovery for him. Surgery Wednesday, release Friday! I just can't believe how strong this kid (well young man) is - he is such an inspiration to us. While he obviously is not 100%, he figures we can manage the pain at home while he enjoys the comfort of his own bed, can be around his friends, and hang with his best bud Jazz. He will have to take it easy for awhile, but he is determined to get back on the golf course. The release papers said 6 weeks of no activity, which definitely won't happen, but the surgeon said in a couple weeks he will be able to start swinging (maybe just not full blown). We almost had to insist with the nurses that he didn't want anymore of the pain meds because they make him nauseated. Can you imagine how painful throwing up would be after having your side sliced open from front to back? Nolan is 18 now and can make his own decisions medically (scary thought) and he told them he can tolerate pain much more than he can nausea, so Tylenol and Ibuprofen it is, and only in dire straights will he take something stronger. Nolan is looking forward to the annual guys golf trip at the end of March with Tim, so something to keep him focused on his recovery is great.

Yesterday we found out that Nolan's surgeon, Dr. Christopher Moir, was one of the lead surgeons that worked on separating conjoined twins in 2007 at Mayo. That really makes us feel blessed knowing our baby was in the hands of such a skilled surgeon.

Yesterday we also met some fascinating people, Shanna and Sherri Decker. Shanna is an Osteosarcoma survivor of 17 years. She was diagnosed at age 7 with a tumor in her left femur. She has turned her experience into being a mentor to other cancer patients and professional inspirational speaker. She even was awarded the youth volunteer of the year and was honored at the White House in 2008. The Decker's, along with 3 other childhood cancer survivor families in the Rochester area, formed a nonprofit called Brighter Tomorrows, Inc. We were very inspired, shared stories, and even shared laughter. It is amazing how connected you can become with strangers when the unfortunate commonality is cancer. This organization knows how it feels to be told "your child has cancer". If you feel like being inspired - go to www.brightertomorrowshope.org.

Other than getting an xray next week here in Omaha to send to Mayo for a follow up, Nolan's next steps are a routine checkup in 3 months. Thank you so much for the prayers, hugs, texts, etc. We couldn't be as strong without our supporting family and friends. We appreciate you all. Tim and Erica

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to watch over this precious family! Please continue to heal Nolan and help him through his recovery. Please don't let him overdo anything. Encouragement and strength. Grow their faith daily. Thank You for all You are accomplishing along this walk. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:51 am

God is so good; thank You Lord for watching over Nolan, choosing the right surgeon, and bringing hope to him and his family. Help him to be fully recovered for the end of March golfing he is looking forward to.
:praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 am

How is Nolan doing? Will he be competing in the tournament?
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:08 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please stop the growth of these tumors in his lungs. Fresh strength and courage today for him and his family. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:59 pm

:praying: :( Im so sorry to hear he is still struggling. What a young champion.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Was hoping for better news about Nolan and am so sorry to hear what he is going through. Will continue to pray for him.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Nolan got great news just in time for September! The tumors shrunk again - small one is barely noticeable now and the larger one is not as round or solid white looking. He will continue on the study - go back again end of September. The prayers are working! Please keep them coming!

Thank You Yeshua for answered prayers!! Please use this young life for Your glory. May he keep You involved in every moment and be a light to those around him. Such wonderful news Lord!!! Amen. :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:59 pm

That is great news and we serve a great God SS.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:25 pm

With a heavy heart, Nolan's lesions are growing again in his lungs (since his last check up 3 months ago).

Dearest Yeshua,

This is hard to hear. What a battle this young man is fighting. Please come alongside him and encourage him. Help his body fight this horrible cancer. Strength to each cell in his body to battle the bad cells. Father, I praise You that Nolan belongs to You! I pray he will trust You through the days ahead and his family too. Please give them hope Lord! May Your will be done in their lives. Shine on them today Yeshua. Thank You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:21 pm

sacredcowbasher

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:17 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:25 am

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:50 pm

sorry to hear this. will add my prayers for Nolan

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:26 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Continuing to believe that God and Nolan will beat this thing.
sacredcowbasher

Re: Nolan 5-11-16 Surgery

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed May 11, 2016 7:28 am

*** 11th surgery today for this precious 19 year old ***

Dearest Yeshuah,

Hold him through yet another operation. Guide the hands of everyone interacting with him through this. Skill and compassion Lord. Accuracy and love. Please rid his body of the bad cells and heal and regenerate his good cells. Peace for him and his entire family through the days ahead. May they trust You and Your provisions completely. Thank You Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed May 11, 2016 8:31 am

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu May 12, 2016 5:25 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu May 12, 2016 5:37 am

sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Our amazing, determined kid was released last night. It is the shortest stay in the hospital ever- 1 overnight. What a strong kiddo. Remaining recovery will be at home under our care and his best companions...

post follows with a picture of Nolan with his dogs. I don't know how to paste it though!

Thank you all for your prayers for this kid!! SS

Thank You Yeshua! Continued healing and strength for Nolan. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sat May 14, 2016 9:20 pm

So glad to be a part of praying for Nolan. Our God is awesome and so is Nolan
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue May 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Continued healing Lord. Please encourage him today and knit each cell back together. Thank You Yeshua.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 am

Nolan is heading in for a check-up.

Dearest Yeshua,

Please let him still be cancer free! Peace through the process Lord. Hope and strength today. Safe travels to and from the testing. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Nolan is heading in for a check-up.

Dearest Yeshua,

Please let him still be cancer free! Peace through the process Lord. Hope and strength today. Safe travels to and from the testing. Amen.

Yes Lord
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon May 22, 2017 6:55 am

Still cancer free!!!!!!!!!! :bowing: :bowing: :banana: :banana:

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You Mighty God for keeping his body free of cancer! Please continue to bless his body and use him for Your glorious purposes. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

Yesss! God is awesome. Thank You Lord, and in agreement with SS. :banana:
sacredcowbasher

Postby burien1 on Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am

:praise: :bowing: :praise:
burien1

Previous

Return to Prayer Requests