prayer needed

prayer needed

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:57 pm

I am asking that whoever is moved to do so, please pray for me.
I have received correspondence form one of the men in our former church who is responsible for us leaving. It is a very long convoluted story. It has been over three years and that he even wrote me is an answer to prayer in itself. Please pray that this man will see the wrong he has done to harm his brother in Christ and that he will have a true desire to repent, confess and be reconciled. I truly believe that if he did so, that it would help my husband spiritually "get back on the horse" so to speak. He just hasn't been the same since and has really lost his zeal for the Lord it seems. It would also do wonders to help restore our faith in the body of Christ.

Please pray that the Lord will guide me to say the right things in my response to him.

Thanks

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Re: prayer needed

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 pm

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby jgilberAZ on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm

2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you for praying,I had a definite sense of God's leading in writing my response, now please pray that this man will have his eyes opened to the truth about himself.

Thank you again,

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 pm

ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 pm

RT, I actually experienced joy when I read your post tonight. I recall, though not with great detail, but with great memory of the impact this had on you and your husband, the posts in times past, when this was going on. who knows the Lord's perfect time, and why...but most importantly, who needs to know? the fact is, things happen in His perfect time, and it is such a blessing for me to have been here on FP, fellowshipping with you, long enough to learn that the time is now to see this come full circle. It was truly a joy to pray and also praise the Lord for His perfect time. :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby InNeedofaSavior on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee wheresoever thou goest.
InNeedofaSavior

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 am

GodsStudent wrote:RT, I actually experienced joy when I read your post tonight. I recall, though not with great detail, but with great memory of the impact this had on you and your husband, the posts in times past, when this was going on. who knows the Lord's perfect time, and why...but most importantly, who needs to know? the fact is, things happen in His perfect time, and it is such a blessing for me to have been here on FP, fellowshipping with you, long enough to learn that the time is now to see this come full circle. It was truly a joy to pray and also praise the Lord for His perfect time. :praying:

Thank you for sharing that GodsStudent, I have very mixed emotions, but am trying to keep them in check. I agree, God's timing is impeccable, I have been praying over the years since we left specifically for this man in particular, even though there were others involved, so it truly was an answer to hear from him and to know that the Lord is working in his heart to convict him. He is far from the point of repentance and as yet is unwilling to be reconciled, but the Lord can change that in a moment's time by opening his heart and eyes to the truth about himself if he is willing. I am trusting in the Lord to bring him to that point, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. What happened to us at the hands of men in leadership was by far the worst thing we have ever had to endure spiritually speaking (or otherwise). But the Lord has a purpose in it, to grow us, to mature us in our faith, and to keep us trusting in Him. It is really hard sometimes, to lack that fellowship we had there with the members of the body we had grown to love as family, there will likely never be another church that will be for us what it was. Those here at FP have become the closest thing to it for me anyway. But I know the Lord is good, and He will see us through, thank you so much for praying.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 am

Im not surprised that this man may not be ready to repent and apologize to you for his part in hurting you and your family. Pride and arrogance is a vile thing. Your job, right now, may be to plant seeds in this man that will be watered and grown by others at a later time...he clearly needs those seeds of truth and an honest awareness of what he has done, though he may not sort them out right away. I only say that because I do remember how hurt you were when this happened, and I do recall reading posts over the past few years, which told me you are still grieving and in pain over it all. You are certainly a mature Christian and don't need to be told anything by me, you are quite a wonderful lady, I guess I just want to lovingly remind you that he may not be up to the truth right away, and I want you to be emotionally prepared if he responds in the flesh. (his track record is not good with me, and I do care about my Christian sister's feelings!!!) :hugs:

:praying: for you , RT. May the Lord give you grace, strength, and may He have the last word in this terrible miscarriage of justice! :a3:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 pm

God bless you GodsStudent. I will take what you have said to heart.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby pegmo on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 am

Praying for all you requested RT.

Pegmo
pegmo

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for moving through Your Body of believers. I pray Your perfect will be done in the life of RT and this gentleman. Lord, thank You for encouraging her through this. Thank You for leading him to reconnect with this wounded sister. Please use this for good in all their lives. Continue to grow and mature their faith. Heal the wounds and strengthen their resolve to reconcile their relationships. Thank You for loving them through these processes. You are so faithful and so true to Your people Lord. Amen.

RT,

This was in my devotions:
Psalm 27
Of David.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour[a] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.

7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.

As brothers and sisters in Christ, we will all be together forever. He loves each and every one of us. I know He smiles and nods His head when He observes our relationships as they heal. These relationships might not ever heal completely until He comes and makes everything right. However, the interactions we have as peacemakers with each other are surely seen and approved of by our King. I am very encouraged to see this happening in your lives. His timing is indeed perfect and I know everything will work out for good. SS :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Thank you all for praying, I just found out yesterday that the pastor at the church we left announced yesterday that he will be leaving in August. I am not sure if my communication with this man, who is an elder had anything to do with it, but I know the Lord is at work.

Please keep praying!!!

who knows the Lord's perfect time, and why...but most importantly, who needs to know? the fact is, things happen in His perfect time, and it is such a blessing for me to have been here on FP, fellowshipping with you, long enough to learn that the time is now to see this come full circle. It was truly a joy to pray and also praise the Lord for His perfect time.

GodsStudent, I don't know if you will see this before your surgery tomorrow, but I just had to tell you, I drove by the church this evening and the sign out front (ironically) said "God's timing is perfect", I broke out in laughter, remembering your post to me, there are no coincidences with God!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Thank you all for praying, I just found out yesterday that the pastor at the church we left announced yesterday that he will be leaving in August. I am not sure if my communication with this man, who is an elder had anything to do with it, but I know the Lord is at work.

Please keep praying!!!

who knows the Lord's perfect time, and why...but most importantly, who needs to know? the fact is, things happen in His perfect time, and it is such a blessing for me to have been here on FP, fellowshipping with you, long enough to learn that the time is now to see this come full circle. It was truly a joy to pray and also praise the Lord for His perfect time.

GodsStudent, I don't know if you will see this before your surgery tomorrow, but I just had to tell you, I drove by the church this evening and the sign out front (ironically) said "God's timing is perfect", I broke out in laughter, remembering your post to me, there are no coincidences with God!

RT

And I couldn't have seen this at a better time. I overdid today and cannot sleep as I am in such pain and turmoil right now. Today has been a day of dread for tomorrows surgery, and I haven't been as graceful as I'd have liked. I instantly remembered praising and thanking the Lord the other morning when I read your post. That was just the boost I needed right now to help me pray again and get more focused on Him and less on me. sister, you truly are right, there are no coincidences in God. :praise:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 am

Praying for you as you wait to go into surgery

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 am

Thank You Yeshua for all You are accomplishing in this body of believers. Your will be done all the time, every day, any way. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I have responded twice now to emails sent by this man, this last time I told him that I have said all I can and now it's time for him to decide if he will act on it. Please continue to pray that the Lord would open his eyes, he along with the others involved are so blinded to their own fault. Pray they would see their sin and be convicted. I am hoping that true reconciliation is within reach. Thank you again all who have and are continuing to pray. It would be so awesome to report back that this man is willing to work toward reconciliation.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:30 pm

:praying: RT.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:19 am

In agreement with RT Lord. Reconciliation for this body of believers. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 am

Sadly it seems that this man and the others involved are not serious about reconciliation, though I still have hope that through some act of God they might be, but the chances seem very slim. I had responded to this man as I have told you all a second time. In his letter to me he had mentioned how he and the elders were hoping and praying for reconciliation. In my response to him I told him that what they need to do is act, they don't need to just hope and pray, but put feet under their prayers and hope, I quoted this passage to him:
1 John 3:16-18
16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.

I don't think he knows I still get the prayer chain e-mails, but he as an elder had a message for all those on the prayer chain that essentially admonished them to reach out in deed and truth to those around us and he quoted the exact passage I quoted to him. I was a bit flabbergasted, that he had the audacity to admonish the church to do something that he himself was admonished to do and as yet remains unwilling to do. He has not yet responded to me and my guess is that he was merely paying lip service to alleviate his own conscience and perhaps at the request of the board of elders, I am not certain, I hope I am wrong and that perhaps he will be willing after all,though I have serious doubts. I guess for me I have done what I could, and what the Lord showed me I should do. If I had remained silent, for me it would have been sin, because I know that seeking reconciliation was the right thing to do. I have done all I can, the rest is up to them and the Lord. He will reprove and discipline, and if they remain unwilling to accept His discipline, then they will suffer the consequences of their rebellion.

It just makes me sad, because I know if they would respond with humility and repentance, that they would reap the benefits of a closer walk with Christ, they just don't know what they are missing. They are blinded by their own pride and prejudices, and yet they think they see clearly, but in reality they have a giant beam in their eye, they don't realize that their vision is impaired.They've had that beam in their eye so long, they think that how they view things is the right way. It is so sad to know that blessing and peace are within their reach and that I remain helpless and unable to get them to see clearly. I guess it's all up to the Lord now.

Thank you all for praying, I really still hope for the best, but am increasingly coming to the realization that it is unlikely. However with Christ anything is possible.

RT
Last edited by Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow, RT. When I just prayed concerning this situation, I got a phrase....."dry as bones." then an understanding that when inspiration comes from the copying of man and not from the Devine meeting of needs as determined by the Lord, the meat is dry as bones.

Before I prayed, and while reading what you wrote, I was wondering if this current series of events wasn't meant for you to gather peace in your decision to leave....was just thinking.

This week at my relatively new church I met a lady. She said she and her husband hadn't planned to come to our church. But she had visited, and knowing she was in the presence of Philadelphia, she and her husband had to make the move. I replied to her that when you're hungry and thirsty, a rock simply cannot satisfy you.

I know that you've planted seeds, RT. I also know that some of us are stubborn as mules and proud as peacocks. You need not worry, the haughty WILL be brought low. I just can't help but see this as an affirmation that you can feel whole in your decision to move from this place of worship and to your new family in fellowship. Of course, I could be wrong. Knowing you as I do, I am certain you worry over those you left behind, and to this proud leadership.

My new pastor says God should always have the last word, and that a Christian should never need to. In this, I prayed from the depths of my heart that the Lord will not be silent, and I truly trust and believe that at the right time, His time, He will not be silent....He will have the last word, RT. :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 am

GS - good assessment IMO :grin:

RT- God will use all of this for good! :wink:

Dearest Yeshua,

Please continue to move and do good works in this situation. Change hearts and humble the people. Thank You for all You are accomplishing in their body. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:28 pm

update:

So this guy, finally got up the nerve to write to my husband rather than to me. It does not appear from his e-mail that anything I said to him had much of an impact. It seems he is still unwilling to admit to what he did wrong. Though at least he opened a line of communication which is something.

Please pray now for my husband, that he will seek the Lord's wisdom as to how to respond to this man, and if he even should.

Thanks again

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:28 pm

burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for moving in the hearts of these families. Change them and grow their faith through all their interactions. Use this to turn them back to You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 pm

RT...I'm sorry, I got distracted....how are things now, sis? :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

My hubby is working on drafting a reply, we have been distracted too- our son who is supposed to be married next month to my best friend's daughter, might call off his wedding, so we are focusing our attention on that crisis at the moment. Seems like one thing after another, what an emotional roller coaster.....especially with the added dimension of my friendship with his fiance's mom, it is a tough place to be in right now, I just really would like a vacation!

Anyway the hope is not to have an e mail debate with this guy, but that he would be willing to meet in person to talk things over- pray for wisdom and the Lord's perfect timing and that he would be willing to meet with my husband. I have also found out that the pastor of the church is leaving in August, not so sure what that's all about, but it seems that the Lord is cleaning house over there.

Thanks for asking, how are you doing these days??? Hope you are fairing better with your pain issues

God Bless you sister

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh, RT! I'm glad I asked about you...we need to keep you in prayer! I will be praying for all the needs here.

I will post on my spinal chord thread, too. :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue May 01, 2012 6:24 am

Another update:

My husband sent a short response to the gentleman involved. Pray that the Lord will move in his heart to truly open his eyes to the wrong he has done.

On another note- my son who was to be married in a few weeks, is no longer getting married. He is such a good guy,and is growing in his faith, his fiance is just not ready for marriage and though she has a child, she just wants to "have fun". Please add my son to your prayers, he was head over heels in love and is brokenhearted, pray that he will have clear direction as to where to go in his relationship with her. He at the moment is willing to continue in a relationship, but it is our feeling that he should make a clean break, at least until she shows some real signs of maturity. Pray he will grow in his faith through this trial, and that the Lord in due time will bring a godly, mature woman into his life. This whole thing is complicated by the fact that his fiance's mother is my best friend...so pray for me too as we attempt to unravel all the wedding plans.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 am

burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed May 02, 2012 5:55 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please heal these relationships. Thank You for guiding their path and strengthening their purpose. Use all situations to bring repentance and grow their faith. Help RT to be the wife You need her to be, the mom You need her to be, and the friend You need her to be. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sat May 05, 2012 6:44 pm

:praying: RT....oh, the tangled webs we weave.....if I had a dollar for every time.....My daughter is 12 going in 18.....wow, it's complicated sometimes!!! I will be praying for all of you.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu May 17, 2012 5:41 am

latest update-

I sure am getting tired of all the drama! Anyway, the fellow from our former church responded back to my husband, and it is pretty clear that he just doesn't get it. He wants to address the why- and not the what. He doesn't understand that in order to reconcile he needs to do something to undo the actions that he wrongfully took, he can't just confess for having wrong motives and then still try to justify his actions. In other words he is unwilling to take responsibility for what he actually did. So it appears that reconciliation is not going to happen.

As for my son, his former fiance is having a really hard time dealing with the predicament she got herself into. She is also one who thrives on drama and creating a crisis to get attention. She is very unstable emotionally and I am afraid that she might take it too far and harm herself, or do something that will result in heavy consequences for her. Please pray that she would find hope in Christ. She was raised in a christian home, but it seems she has rebelled against what she knows to be true. My son is trying to be sensitive, but at the same time he wants to move on. I have seen great growth in him through this trial, pray that he will draw closer to the Lord, and seek out christian fellowship.

Thanks again

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 am

RT: I am praying for all of you. Only the Lord can move mightily enough to repair some things when they get so discombobulated, so I agree with you, it is most wise to seek His counsel and I join you in doing so, for all concerned here. :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Thu May 17, 2012 9:32 am

Hello RT, praying for a resolution about this man and your son's ex-fiance so everyone can move on. :praying:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu May 17, 2012 2:16 pm

for those who might catch this today (Thursday) please pray specifically for Rachel- my son's former fiance. She is coming into town on her way from Toledo right now, my son did not want her to come and I am very concerned for her and for my son. I do not know if she is bringing her 2 year old son either. I told my son to call me if he feels he can't handle her on his own. Please pray that I will have wisdom in dealing with her, and that Christ's love for her will flow through me. If I don't see her today, I will likely see her tomorrow. Pray that she will not lose it emotionally, my son has a very hard time dealing with her instability.

Thank you so much for praying- I really don't have a church family to pray for me- it means a lot to know that you all here at FP are interceding on my behalf.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

:praying: for her, your son, and for you.
burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please guard their hearts and minds. Comfort and encourage. Lord, heal the wounds and redirect their paths. I pray You are in their midst and that You are helping them. Please take every thought captive and allow their relationship with You to grow stronger from these trials. Please give them hope for their future, apart from each other. Show them that they can carry on without their previous relationships. There is a time and season for everything. May they see and look forward to the next season. Please allow the right thoughts and deeds to flow from their hearts through these coming days Lord. Lead them. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 am

Thank you for praying- I know that the Lord heard. My son ended up calling and both my husband and I dropped everything and drove over there. Rachel was having an emotional melt down, and was threatening suicide, fortunately she left her son at home. It was extremely stressful for me, but by God's grace He gave my husband and I the right words to help calm Rachel. In the end we drove her back to our house for the night. I was able to share with her the hope that is in Christ, whether she carries it forward remains to be seen. She is on her way back to Toledo now, she is a very emotionally troubled girl and needs some professional help. I am thankful that all this happened before they got married and am praying that the Lord will send her the help that she needs for emotional growth and healing. But mostly I think she needs to relinquish her need to control- to Jesus. I have a whole new appreciation for her parents, and for all those who have children with emotional problems.

Thanks again for your prayers

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 am

Glad you could help her. Will continue to pray for her.

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm

:praying: for all.
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Update:

It has been over five years since we left our former church. Of the 12 people that were instrumental in the wrongdoing that led to our departure, only 3 remain. The man I mentioned earlier in this post is one of those who left and is interning at another church in hopes to be a pastor himself someday.

Last December the interim Pastor there came to us to talk to us about why we left. However my husband did not think it was prudent to discuss it with him at the time, because he was being considered for the full time pastoral position and was going to be voted on by the church. We did not want anyone thinking that we were trying to meddle in that process, so we told him that if he got voted in that we would discuss it afterward with him. Well I have not heard a peep from anyone since then and had all but given up on the idea of reconciliation and left it in God's hands.

I had not prayed about the situation in some time, then something happened this week that brought it to my mind and I found myself praying yesterday morning for God to convict the hearts of those who remain there and the Pastor who said that he would work toward reconciliation with us.

God is so good, and I can say that he hears and answers prayer! Even before my prayers left my lips He answered- Today I found in my mailbox a letter in the mail from the Pastor and current board of elders saying in short, that they desire reconciliation, they admitted that the church wronged us and apologized.

So I immediately called my husband at work and read him the letter. Now we need your prayers as to how we respond to this opportunity. I feel strongly that more than an apology is required for true reconciliation. There needs to be a recognition on their part as to what their wrongdoing was (namely false witness). And I believe that there needs to be some public confession to it. Since the false witness was a public thing, the reconciliation has to come in a public forum as well. But it isn't what I feel needs to happen that is necessarily what God wants, I am open to His direction, whatever it might be. In any case I do believe that a face to face meeting needs to happen. Please pray that all parties, including my husband will be willing to do so and for God's leading and wisdom as to what to say and how to proceed from here.

This is a huge deal to both my husband and I, and a wonderful opportunity for a true healing to take place, relationally and spiritually. I have been praying on and off these many years for God to perform a work of reconciliation, please pray that this opportunity will result in that!

Thank you so much!

Stacey (AKA Resurrection Torchlight)
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Wow. This is wonderful. What a way for the Lord to answer your prayers.
The apology in itself is a big thing. God knows you hearts and what has occurred. I pray that he leads you and your husband in this. Sometimes, an apology is all we get, and we have to let our own walk be our vindication, as hard as that is to do, and allow the Lord to bring things to light in His timing. I have seen Him do this in my Church after a major rift.
You are a wise lady, so I know you will follow His leading in this. And you don't need my advice, but you have my prayers.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

burien1 wrote:Wow. This is wonderful. What a way for the Lord to answer your prayers.
The apology in itself is a big thing. God knows you hearts and what has occurred. I pray that he leads you and your husband in this. Sometimes, an apology is all we get, and we have to let our own walk be our vindication, as hard as that is to do, and allow the Lord to bring things to light in His timing. I have seen Him do this in my Church after a major rift.
You are a wise lady, so I know you will follow His leading in this. And you don't need my advice, but you have my prayers.

ditto. I have been blessed by her guidance and leadership, especially as I've watched and listen to her go thru the past 5 years with this situation (I can hardly believe it's been 5 years...I remember when it first happened....). I am so blessed to have seen her example in the face of this persecution, and I know I'm not the only one.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 am

oh....am praying with you, sis!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Next

Return to Prayer Requests