2 young men need salvation

2 young men need salvation

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:13 pm

I know there are many out there who need the pricking of their hearts by our Loving Father. I am so touched by how deeply I am feeling for so many in this day, and how worrisome it can be to love someone who resists our Savior, or outright denies Him. Many things contribute to why people turn their hearts from our Lord and Savior, but how a person can get to the place where they lose all sense of needing Him is scary and worrisome for me.

I would like to ask you to please pray for my brother, he needs it. His education has confounded him, and though he tends to talk above many in the "smart" circles he travels, he has closed his mind and his heart to Jesus (if he's ever even known him). We grew up in church together, but in all of the activities and flurries of things to be done at church, I am not sure either of us "got Jesus there." Now, he is turned off and turned away. Please pray for the Lord to prick his heart and open his eyes and ears. Thank you so much for your prayers.

There is another young fellow who needs these prayers. His name is Adam. Please pray the Lord will prick Adam's heart and open his eyes and ears. His mother aches for him to come to a personal relationship with Christ. I certainly understand her pain and grief as I struggle with my feelings over my brother. It is so difficult.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: 2 young men need salvation

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Surround these two with people who truly know and love You. I pray that You would remove their blinders and soften their hearts. Please turn them to You for salvation. Strengthen their family who is so saddened by their choice. I pray that they truly repent and are saved before they die Lord. Thank You.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Dear Lord above, we come in agreement that you would touch these young men with your conviction. We pray that you would have mercey on these souls until they turn to you. We know it is not your will that any perish so we ask for protection upon them at this time. Please keep knocking at their hearts door until they answer. In Jesus's name we ask, amen.

If you don't mind Godstudent, I would like to add my son onto this prayer request. His name is Nathaniel. It is my greatest desire to see him come to know Christ before its too late. He is a good boy but he needs the Lord. So anyone praying for GS brother and Adam, please remember Nathan. Thank you in advance. :praying:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby burien1 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Praying for all of our loved ones.
:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby laney on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 pm

remembering these young men... :praying:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby laney on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

burien1 wrote:Praying for all of our loved ones.

Yes, all of our loved ones that do not know Christ personally. :praying:
laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 am

Please continue to surround these unbelievers with Your Presence, everywhere they go. Soften hearts today Lord. Use their situations to wake them from their spiritual slumber and save them. Thank You Yeshua.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 am

Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 am

laney wrote: If you don't mind Godstudent, I would like to add my son onto this prayer request. His name is Nathaniel. It is my greatest desire to see him come to know Christ before its too late. He is a good boy but he needs the Lord. So anyone praying for GS brother and Adam, please remember Nathan. Thank you in advance. :praying:

I am overjoyed to add him and pray for him, Laney. :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank you Godstudent.. :grin:

And all others who are praying for these. :a3:
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Please surround these with Your Presence. Open their eyes to Your truths and bring them to true repentance. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Give me the right words, the way Lord....I see little signs sometimes, I know I'm not worthy Lord so help me... :praying:
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 pm

laney wrote:Give me the right words, the way Lord....I see little signs sometimes, I know I'm not worthy Lord so help me... :praying:

Just tonight, Laney, my brother seemed as though he wanted to be near me. He has avoided me for a long time and here lately, he seems to be wanting to come around me. He told me he has to keep himself busy to sustain his "spiritual health" tonight. I didn't even ask, as we were on the phone and I had one bar left....but.....I'm seeing little windows...just waiting for the right time and place to strike up the next conversation....this is delicate and ongoing, and I try very hard to open up dialogue when both of us are in a good place to get into it.....

Trusting God will give me the words, at the right time, to help the conversation go in a new direction...the direction he needs it to go in, but is unprepared for it to go in.....he always has the "right answers" that are "the wrong answers." :verysad:

Only God can fix this mess....I am just willing if I am called or allowed to participate as a witness.

I heard a really good sermon on witnessing to family members today! Every little bit of experience and advice helps. The pastor suggested picking around three family members, and fasting and praying one day for each. He said to pray for the Lord to give you special insight when you're around the loved one. Not everyone will respond to the same thing, and something as insignificant as a doorknob can hold the right words to paint a picture that will stick with them. The Lord can give us the words, the insights, the special "thing" that will move them on the inside....so I am praying for all of these things. Then he said to keep a journal about small conversations you hit on with the family member each time the subject gets "touched on" so that you can refer back...he said this makes it personal to the other person and they will see evidence that you care and are keeping up with them. Never push, never get upset...just keep the dialogue going and full of genuine love. Live by example so that they want what you have, even if they never tell you that this is what they want....they will be thinking about it...and will come back for little bits over time.

Praying for Todd, Adam and Nathaniel...and praying for those of us who want an opportunity to serve them! :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Godstudent, I truly understand what your saying. :hugs:

Thats really great tips there in that sermon. Looks like you took notes. :grin:

Thanks for sharing and we shall keep these loved ones in our hearts and prayers. :a3:
laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 am

Thank You Yeshua for giving us the words/actions we need to express at just the right time today, so that those who are searching will wonder and desire to know more about You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby rabka4 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 am

rabka4

Postby FreeInHim on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Praying for Todd, Adam and Nathaniel. :praying:
FreeInHim

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Open the eyes of our loved ones who have not chosen You yet. Let them see the world around them and realize that there is a major problem and they need a Savior. Tug on their hearts today and encourage them to seek answers in Your Word. Surround them with Christians who can lead them to these answers Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:02 pm

I was talking yesterday about the earthquake and all and how it could be us next and as usual my son was like well according to the scientist.... :roll: that every so and so many years, this stuff happens. I went ahead and said, well all I know is that Jesus is comming back soon and we all need to be ready. I left it at that and he didn't argue with me. I kind of think he may be under conviction here lately. Acting like something is bothering him. So keep praying for him and Todd and Adam. We appreciate your prayers more than you know. It touches my heart every time I look here and more members, even ones I don't know that well, are praying. :hugs: Just want you to know I love you each and every one.
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby rabka4 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:36 am

rabka4

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:32 am

Open their eyes to Your truths today Yeshua. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 pm

I've had a few times to witness to Nathan here lately. Have to do it sparingly because he is so....can't find the right word.
But the Lord has been sending blessings my way here lately and I always praise the Lord and thank Him in front of Nat. Just hoping that through my faith, Nathan will answer the calling of our Lord.

Thank each and every one that has taken the time to pray for Nat, Todd and Adam.

:hugs2:
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

:praying: ......"he is so......" Boy......have you been a fly on the wall in my house this week? I spend my time listening to sermons and Todd is in and out working. Every once in a while, the spirit of argument will take over and he gets going, talking back to whichever pastor who I'm listening to at the time.

Most of the time, I know I am to be still and let the Lord work in his heart as He Wills. Once in a while, we can talk in small incriments......but....... :lol: "he is so........" :grin:

We just gotta keep seeking the Lord in this matter. :grin:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Lisa... :hugs2:
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am

:blessyou: :hugs2:

I heard a sermon the other day that knocked my socks off. ....I genuinely wasn't prepared for what I heard. It was concerning salvation. The pastor was talking about what the scriptures say....When Jesus comes back, He will say to some "Depart from me, I never knew you." The pastor said that we should be less focused on whether or not we know the Lord, and much more focused on whether or not He will know us. Then, he was also saying that we think, in all of our self glory, that WE ELECT salvation by "praying that prayer" or whatever "steps" we take in order to accept Christ into our lives. While it is true that we can ask to be saved, the FACT IS that it is God who chooses to give us that salvation, and not the other way around. Pastor said that many people walk around thinking they've got that salvation thing under wraps because of something we did....and in fact, it's the other way around quite naturally. Likewise, since salvation of any and all is at the Will of the Lord, we should not assume to pray for someone's salvation before asking the Lord if it is His Will that we do pray for that person. That is where we are supposed to start.....with all humility....and let our hearts desires be known before the Lord.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 am

I can't understand that Lisa, it is not God's will that any should perish but that all would come to redemption by Grace through faith. :dunno:
laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 am

I understand LIsa. Ultimately, it is all about relationship. When you have a relationship with someone, you get to know each other. Stating you have belief in Jesus is not having a relationship with him. Satan believes in Him too. Satan ain't saved folks.

Dearest Yeshua,

Please use us today to minister to those we interact with in our lives. Help us to hear Your prompting and to see the needs presented before us today. Thank You for what You will accomplish in our hearts and for those who are searching for You. Let it be a great day in Your kingdom Lord. Help us find the lost sheep. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 am

laney wrote:I can't understand that Lisa, it is not God's will that any should perish but that all would come to redemption by Grace through faith. :dunno:

Hi Laney: I understand the feeling. We impart our own understanding of free will and choice to the issue of salvation. Check out the sermon I listened to, I am posting a link here. :hugs2:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.a ... 6809126533
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:48 am

Soften their hearts today Lord. Surround them with thoughts of You and may their long to know about You Yeshua. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

laney

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 am

Dearest Yeshua,

As we remember Your resurrection this weekend, what a great time to bring many to repentance and turn their hearts to You. Please work mightily in our congregations Lord. Give us hearts that long to please You and minister to those who visit our churches. May we hear You prompting us to love them and encourage them. Give us the words they need to hear to make that solid choice for You this day. Please strengthen our pastors and guide their sermons. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby rabka4 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:08 am

rabka4

Postby laney on Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Continuing to ask the Lord to knock on their hearts, have mercey and protection upon these we pray for.

laney

Postby GodsStudent on Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby billiefan2000 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:46 am

praying
billiefan2000

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you for your prayers, ....please continue to pray for Todd, Adam and Nathaniel. Thank you.

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 am

laney

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Please continue to surround Todd, Adam, and Nathaniel with Christians who know and love You. Spread good seed in good soil Lord and turn their hearts. Thank You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Please continue to tug on their hearts Lord. Salvation would be sooooooo fabulous. Thank You for working in their lives and giving them every possible opportunity to turn to You. You are so very faithful and merciful. :bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

:praying: for Todd, Adam and Nathaniel.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby rabka4 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:33 pm

rabka4

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:38 am

Good seeds in their lives today Yeshua. Open their hearts to You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 am

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 pm

:praying: for Todd, Adam and Nathaniel.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am

In agreement Lord. Please surround Todd, Adam and Nathaniel with many wonderful Christian influences today. Soften their hearts and give them the desire to know You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Next

Return to Prayer Requests