Please pray

Please pray

Postby kyle on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:15 am

Please pray for my wife, Gina, and for our marriage to be healed. Thank you.
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Re: Please pray

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 am

Lord, please touch this couple's hearts and renew their love for each other. Help them to surrendor their marriage to you completely. Please cause them to seek you in this trial so that your pourpose would be worked out in their life.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:08 pm

:praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby FreeInHim on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:41 pm

:praying: Heavenly Father, please bless this couple, Kyle and Gina, with a rejuvenation of their love for one another, and help them build and strengthen it on Your unshakable Foundation. May they be charitable towards one another, merciful, patient and kind to one another. Please bless them with rekindled hearts for You, each other, and all of their loved ones. Bless them with strengthened faith, both in You and each other, and help them overcome whatever stumbling blocks they encounter. Amen.
FreeInHim

Postby PraiseHim on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Praying for blessings :a3:
Remember in Algebra I how you always had to show your work? That's the idea James is getting at here.

James 3:13-18 (New Living Translation)

13 If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don't cover up the truth with boasting and lying. 15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

So, here's the extra credit.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. 18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

This is 411God.
PraiseHim

Postby kyle on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Thank you to everyone who responded. I sure need it.

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby Lightseeker on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Praying that God will heal your marriage with Gina, Kyle.
Lightseeker

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:13 am

Praying for your marriage, kyle.

Also wanted to welcome you to the FP board!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby kyle on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:Praying for your marriage, kyle.

Also wanted to welcome you to the FP board!

Thanks. The information on this page has really strengthened my urgency in a lot of things (including the prayer request here - actually especially the prayer request here) because I'm realizing just how little time we have left (even if Herb's theory is off, it's still not too far off).

kyle

Postby kyle on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:02 am

Sorry for bumping my own post like this, but I'm feeling really down right now. I know that God will heal my marriage and bring Gina to repentance in His own time, but until that time comes, I've been feeling very depressed. Thank you.

kyle

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:19 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:25 am

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby kyle on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Thank you very much.

kyle

Postby Sozoed on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am

Dear Kyle,
I am standing in prayer for you and Gina right now.
Father God, we ask that both Kyle and Gina's hearts are touched, changed and healed. The hurts, the misunderstandings and the miscommunication, Lord, we lift up to you. Bring them both to a place of repentance and restoration in You, Lord. Heal the wounds, we pray, and show both Kyle and Gina the way to have a healthy and caring marriage through Your Word, and Your tender love for them.
We ask these things in Jesus' merciful Name~amen.
Sozoed

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Sozoed wrote:Dear Kyle,
Father God, we ask that both Kyle and Gina's hearts are touched, changed and healed. The hurts, the misunderstandings and the miscommunication, Lord, we lift up to you. Bring them both to a place of repentance and restoration in You, Lord. Heal the wounds, we pray, and show both Kyle and Gina the way to have a healthy and caring marriage through Your Word, and Your tender love for them.

Praying in agreement for Kyle and Gina!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby OBXBob on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:11 am

OBXBob

Postby soonverysoon on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:38 am

Sozoed wrote:Dear Kyle,

:a3: soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby bluejay on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:28 am

:hugs: :praying: Praying for you and your wife.....
bluejay

Postby JayCee on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:18 am

JayCee

Postby kyle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 am

I'm not sure how much more to say because there's a fine line between gossip and a prayer request, not to mention that I love her and don't want to talk negatively about her, so I'll just leave it at things seem a bit worse. I'm hoping it's God allowing things to get temporarily worse so that He can show his mighty power to save from any circumstances (although if that's the case, I hope it doesn't get too much worse- I already don't know how much more I can bear). Please pray that Gina will come to repentance.

(and since I know that a lot of people are going to jump to conclusions and since I don't want my wife's name tarnished, I should point out that as far as I know, there is no "other guy.")

kyle

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 am

Not important that we know the problem, kyle, because God knows.

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby FreeInHim on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Still praying for you and your wife, Gina. :praying:
FreeInHim

Postby kyle on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:31 pm

FreeInHim wrote:Still praying for you and your wife, Gina. :praying:

Thank you.

kyle

Postby kyle on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:29 pm

She's moved out. :(

Nothing has changed on my end though. I'm remaining faithful. Not only do I believe that God has called me to remain faithful and that He will change her heart and bring her home, but even if He doesn't, I know that it's the most God honoring thing to do. If a marriage is supposed to be a picture of Christ and His church for the world to see and the man (i.e. me) is supposed to represent Christ then what message about Christ would I be sending to the world if I stop loving her and praying for her and seeking her return because she decided to stop loving me. When I was a sinner who hated the things of God, He didn't give up on me, but pursued me with His love anyway, so if that's the love that I'm supposed to represent, that's what I'll do.

In the meantime though, it really hurts. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well... I'm prepared to wait until I'm 80 for her to repent and come home, but looking at the prophetic landscape, the good news is that I don't think I'll have to wait that long.

kyle

Postby kazbo on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:05 am

I'm sorry your wife has moved out, Kyle. :( I know it must be heartbreaking. Life is so stinkin' tough sometimes. May God be your close and loving comfort right now.

am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm appalled at the abandon with which these accusations are flying around. It's a serious thing to call someone a heretic or false prophet, and while I know we're to be discerning, I also know we shouldn't be quite so quick to judge and label someone.
kazbo

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 am

kazbo wrote:I'm sorry your wife has moved out, Kyle. :( I know it must be heartbreaking. Life is so stinkin' tough sometimes. May God be your close and loving comfort right now.

Thank you. But as hard and as difficult as it is for me, I know what the future holds for me. When I remove myself from my selfish self-pity, I'm far more worried and scared for her than I am for me.

kyle

Postby burien1 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 am

I`m sorry to hear this , Kyle. I`m praying for you, your marriage, and your wife. May our Lord give you his peace, that surpasses all understanding. :comfort: :armor:
burien1

Postby daffodyllady on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Kyle, I have been where you are now. 6 years ago. And the pain! Oh the pain! My heart breaks for you.

And may I reassure you that the One who promises to never leave you nor forsake you, can also heal all hurts. He will be your constant comfort and companion. He is carrying you when you cant even feel it. Walk in prayer. Be faithful. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:59 pm

daffodyllady wrote:Kyle, I have been where you are now. 6 years ago. And the pain! Oh the pain! My heart breaks for you.

And may I reassure you that the One who promises to never leave you nor forsake you, can also heal all hurts. He will be your constant comfort and companion. He is carrying you when you cant even feel it. Walk in prayer. Be faithful. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!

Yeah, I remember seeing your post in that other Being Prepared thread. Although, to be honest, without getting into too many details, I was there 6 years ago also. I'm back there again. But pretty much at that time, it was other earthly things that brought her back home (mostly money). Next time, it will be God bringing her home and it will be permanent.

And BTW, you can have the same hope that I do. If God is bringing your spouse home, you know it can't be too far away because there isn't that much time left! I find that very encouraging, because I was getting all prepared to wait until I'm old(er) and gray (or bald). Even if Herb's wrong (and I don't think he is, to be honest) and we're not in the 70th week, it's still not that far off.

Have you ever heard of Rejoice Marriage Ministries? Theologically, there would be a few things I could nitpick about them, but overall, they're a tremendous source of encouragement in a situation like ours.

kyle

Postby FreeInHim on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Kyle..... :comfort: I'm so sorry. Praying for you and praying for your wife, Gina, that she may turn her face towards the Lord. May He help her to see you as He does, that she returns in love and repentance. :praying:
FreeInHim

Postby PerishNot on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Kyle,

I have been praying for you as I've seen your request on the bottom of all your post. Just tonight as I prayed for you I was considering asking you what specifically I should be praying for, then I saw this post.

"OH FATHER, hear the humble crys of my brother Kyle. Be his rock, his shield, his deliverer, his mighty fortress & his help in this time of trouble. Bind satan from this marriage, place your hedge of protection around them and allow your Holy Spirit do your powerful restoring work in their lives. Change them on the inside, cause them to have godly sorrow that leads to repentance. Shine your saving light upon Gina, convict her of sin, righteousness & judgement. Reveal to her the need for you as her Lord & Savior. Extend your saving grace upon their lives. Give Kyle a heart of pure love for YOU and her. Give Kyle & Gina the power to love with tender words, kindness, humility, patience, self-lessness, forgiveness, self-control, truthfulness, faithfulness, protectiveness, persevereness & hope. In Jesus Name, Amen."

Don't loose heart or be discouraged but rejoice in this..... that your name is written in the book of life!!!!
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2Pe 3:9
PerishNot

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 pm

PerishNot wrote:
"OH FATHER, hear the humble crys of my brother Kyle. Be his rock, his shield, his deliverer, his mighty fortress & his help in this time of trouble. Bind satan from this marriage, place your hedge of protection around them and allow your Holy Spirit do your powerful restoring work in their lives. Change them on the inside, cause them to have godly sorrow that leads to repentance. Shine your saving light upon Gina, convict her of sin, righteousness & judgement. Reveal to her the need for you as her Lord & Savior. Extend your saving grace upon their lives. Give Kyle a heart of pure love for YOU and her. Give Kyle & Gina the power to love with tender words, kindness, humility, patience, self-lessness, forgiveness, self-control, truthfulness, faithfulness, protectiveness, persevereness & hope. In Jesus Name, Amen."

Praying in agreement, Kyle. :comfort:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Praying for you dear brother.
Keep your chin up, and your eyes on the prize, whom we all know of as Jesus.
Ken
Psa 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
IamtheWalrus

Postby kyle on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:Praying for you dear brother.
Keep your chin up, and your eyes on the prize, whom we all know of as Jesus.

Thank you.

kyle

Postby kburic0375 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm

2Cr 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
2Cr 4:17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
2Cr 4:18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
kburic0375

Postby crmann on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:51 pm

crmann

Postby apfuchs on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Praying in agreement as well.

Peace be with you, brother.
Waiting for His coming,

A.P. Fuchs
apfuchs

Postby kyle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Thank you again to everyone. You've been a real encouragement.

kyle

Postby Lightseeker on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 am

Oh Kyle, I am so sad for you. Praying for you both. May you be filled with the peace that only He can give.
Lightseeker

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:20 am

Dearest Yeshua,

We know that you are in control of all things. Today, I am lifting up Kyle and Gina to You. You alone know the needs of this couple. I pray for strength and encouragement. Bring them both to Your throne of grace Lord. Open their eyes to the needs of each other. Guide their every step. Remind them that You are bigger than any storm they are experiencing and that You will not forsake them. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will stengthen you, yes. I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" Isa 41:10 Thank You for what You will accomplish in their lives through this trial Lord. Please help them to have a great day today and be encouraged. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 pm

:a3:
sacredcowbasher

Postby kyle on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:02 am

You guys have no idea how much your prayers mean to me. :cry:

kyle

Postby kat on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:30 pm

kat

Postby crmann on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Our Father who art in heaven, I pray tonight for Kyle and Gina... My thy spirit be with them... Give them comfort at this time. May thy will be done in their lives. Show them the way you would have them to go. Touch their hearts, Lord. Lift them us. Bless them as only you can, O Lord. Strengthen Yyle's spirit, Lord. Show him the way you would have him to go... Bring them back together... Mend their hearts, Lord.

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Jesus.

Amen, Amen

crmann

Postby InHim on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Praying...
InHim

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Dear Yeshua,

Please show them many blessings today. Remind them of all they have to be thankful for. Break down the barriers Lord and keep their hearts softened. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kyle on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:54 pm

I guess it's the holidays or something, but I'm feeling very lonely right now and could use your prayers. Thank you.

kyle

Postby Triton57 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Lord I ask that you minister to Kyle's heart as only you can. Bring him even closer to you and guide him in what he should or shouldn't do. You have a plan and we stand in faith that your will be done. May the God of love, patience, peace and joy lift your spirit in His presence.

These times are difficult, I know. Your heart and love for your wife is evident in you concern for her soul. Keep showing the selfless love of God to her in confidence and humility. God bless you!

John 6:37-39
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Postby Soul'dOut4God on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:55 am

Praying for you, Kyle.
Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Soul'dOut4God

Postby burien1 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:58 am

Triton57 wrote:Lord I ask that you minister to Kyle's heart as only you can. Bring him even closer to you and guide him in what he should or shouldn't do. You have a plan and we stand in faith that your will be done. May the God of love, patience, peace and joy lift your spirit in His presence.

These times are difficult, I know. Your heart and love for your wife is evident in you concern for her soul. Keep showing the selfless love of God to her in confidence and humility. God bless you!

John 6:37-39
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

:a3: :comfort:
burien1

Next

Return to Prayer Requests