Update: Prayers please for another cousin

Update: Prayers please for another cousin

Postby Loop on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:45 pm

It seems I"m coming here for Prayer way too often any more..
Another cousin "Sandy" who has been on oxygen for years, has had very bad lungs and lots of other problems recently fell and broke her ankle, she had to have surgery and then they sent her to a rehab... Needless to say she was complaining the nurses at rehab weren't doing their job "they weren't", she ended up with her ankle infected and instead of the rehab getting the anit biotics she was supposed to immediatly it took them three days..
Bad to worse yesterday we were told her liver has failed and her husband and daughter went to spend the day with her, they have unplugged her life support and are not putting any oxygen on her and not giving her any fluids..
Please Pray for this to be over with soon so she doesn't needlessly suffer, I know she is unconsious but... Please just pray for her mom and family Thank you...
Last edited by Loop on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Re: Prayers please for another cousin

Postby Loop on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm

She is still breathing but non responcive...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:38 pm

:praying:

This is a very sad situation, but as you said, hopefully she is not suffering pain. :(
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:34 pm

I am so sorry, Loop.
There are some wonderful people working in nursing home/rehabs. And then there are the absolute worst that only care about payday.
:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby ToledoDebbie on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Loop, I am very sorry this has happened. I pray that she does not suffer and that you and her family can find strength and comfort in the Lord. You have had so many struggles this past year, I hope your faith will carry you through this difficult time. :praying: :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Re: Update: Prayers please for another cousin

Postby Loop on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:53 am

My cousin woke up this morning and asked for something to eat! Praising God right now!!

I'm smiling from ear to ear... Haven't heard much else but they are taking her mom to go visit she asked for her, this was almost three days without oxygen and fluids, and she was on oxygen full time, I'm still in shock..
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby Loop on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:56 am

I forgot to add, thank you everyone who prayed and please keep praying. :hugs:
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:49 pm

:praise:

So very happy to hear this good news, Loop! Thank you for the update!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Loop on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:15 pm

My cousin "the sister" of Sandy was with her all day today, she said the dr's and nurses kept coming into the room and were excited, they put her iv back in and put her oxygen back on her, she said her eyes had cleared up a lot so apparently God touched her liver and its working again PRAISE GOD!

Hear they unplugged her from everything and expected her to be dead by now, and now she's awake and talking and asking for food, I'm just so in awe! They are doing bloodwork and it should be in sometime tomorrow..

Michelle said she couldn't believe it when she went in that Sandy was awake and talking, she was expecting to go in and say her goodbyes, Not only that but Sandy knew her and her brother and was asking for her mom... That long without oxygen and apparently no brain damage... God is good!
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby Exit40 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 am

The power of fervent Prayer. Awesome for us to see God work in answer. Such great news !

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:15 pm

That is amazing ! Our God is an awesome God.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Loop on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:02 pm

I got to visit her yesterday, they are still calling it end of life, letting two up at a time to visit with her, she knew me when I went in an she was wide awake and she jokingly asked what tree I fell out of lol, she asked where my son and husband was, she still gets confused at times but her eyes has cleared up with very little yellow in them. The nurse said her kidney function was a little worse yesterday. Please keep praying..
She once thought she was on a boat and then her house but she kept coming back and talking good.. She was talking about all the people in her room, "its a single bed only her" , she was talking about things we did when we were young, and about going fishing when she gets well.. And wanted me a couple times to wake her husband.
The nurse brought in her food and walked out, she is still weak and wouldn't have been able to eat or drink herself so I got her potato soup and fed her she ate really well and had jello and drank three different cans of pop while I was there, she still seems dehydrated as she drank quiet a lot while I was there, her mom and sister was coming later in the evening so I left so she could rest up until they got there but it was so good to see her...
And yes it was a miracle she even woke back up and her liver is working again, that they were not expecting, so we got more time with her...
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 am

Loop wrote:It seems I"m coming here for Prayer way too often any more..
Another cousin "Sandy" who has been on oxygen for years, has had very bad lungs and lots of other problems recently fell and broke her ankle, she had to have surgery and then they sent her to a rehab... Needless to say she was complaining the nurses at rehab weren't doing their job "they weren't", she ended up with her ankle infected and instead of the rehab getting the anit biotics she was supposed to immediatly it took them three days..
Bad to worse yesterday we were told her liver has failed and her husband and daughter went to spend the day with her, they have unplugged her life support and are not putting any oxygen on her and not giving her any fluids..
Please Pray for this to be over with soon so she doesn't needlessly suffer, I know she is unconsious but... Please just pray for her mom and family Thank you...

In prayer with you, sis. I'm so sorry to hear stories like this, and there seem to be many these days. Many cases of people not caring enough, loving enough, and doing the right thing, without debating it....just doing it, because it's the right next thing to do.
God's blessings and comfort on all of your family as you deal with this suffering trial.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 am

Loop wrote:I got to visit her yesterday, they are still calling it end of life, letting two up at a time to visit with her, she knew me when I went in an she was wide awake and she jokingly asked what tree I fell out of lol, she asked where my son and husband was, she still gets confused at times but her eyes has cleared up with very little yellow in them. The nurse said her kidney function was a little worse yesterday. Please keep praying..
She once thought she was on a boat and then her house but she kept coming back and talking good.. She was talking about all the people in her room, "its a single bed only her" , she was talking about things we did when we were young, and about going fishing when she gets well.. And wanted me a couple times to wake her husband.
The nurse brought in her food and walked out, she is still weak and wouldn't have been able to eat or drink herself so I got her potato soup and fed her she ate really well and had jello and drank three different cans of pop while I was there, she still seems dehydrated as she drank quiet a lot while I was there, her mom and sister was coming later in the evening so I left so she could rest up until they got there but it was so good to see her...
And yes it was a miracle she even woke back up and her liver is working again, that they were not expecting, so we got more time with her...

Those are all very positive signs. Keep praying, keep believing. It doesn't matter what the doctors and nurses are saying. God has the final word. My nephew's kidneys were also not functioning, but overnight his stats suddenly changed. The facts may say one thing, but the truth is by His stripes we were healed.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Dearest Yeshua, Thank You for the extra time together. This is so encouraging. Please continue to give her good days of health and stability. Your will be done Lord. Praising You for the strength and wellness You have provided to her. Amen :bowing:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:21 am

She is doing about the same as of yesterday... Was a little more drowsy her sister told me.. Thank you for all the Prayer.
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Adding my prayers for continued improvement!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:13 am

:praying: Thinking of you and your family, Loop.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests