My dad has been badly burned

My dad has been badly burned

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue May 01, 2018 6:01 am

Please pray. He was flown to Harborview in Seattle last Sunday. He was out burning slash and caught on fire. Lower half is really bad. Several surgeries ahead. 3rd one this morning.

Dearest Yeshua, Please preserve and protect him through this next surgery. Guide the caregivers and give them skill, accuracy, compassion. Let the grafts take. Prevent infection. Peace for all and strength for his body. Thank You Lord. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Re: My dad has been badly burned

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 01, 2018 6:57 am

Spreading Salt wrote:Please pray. He was flown to Harborview in Seattle last Sunday. He was out burning slash and caught on fire. Lower half is really bad. Several surgeries ahead. 3rd one this morning.

Dearest Yeshua, Please preserve and protect him through this next surgery. Guide the caregivers and give them skill, accuracy, compassion. Let the grafts take. Prevent infection. Peace for all and strength for his body. Thank You Lord. Amen

Oh Lord, we pray in agreement for your greatest help and healing!
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 am

I'm really sorry to hear this Spreading Salt. I will remember your dad in my prayers :praying:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Tue May 01, 2018 8:40 am

:(

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue May 01, 2018 9:43 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 02, 2018 7:43 pm

:( I will be praying with all of you. :(
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

Agreeing with all. :praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu May 03, 2018 10:45 am

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I have had a couple friends suffer some bad burns so know that it is a hard long and sometimes painful road to healing.

Dear Jesus, I pray for his doctors and caregivers that they would have wisdom and gentleness in treating his wounds. I pray against infection or complication. I pray for swift healing and that any grafts would take on the first try. I pray against any lasting nerve damage or dis-figuration. I also pray for peace and strengthened faith for Spreading salt and his Dad. Lord use this tragedy to reach others for Christ.

Amen

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri May 18, 2018 5:47 am

My mom and I have been here in Seattle since Monday. Yesterday was day 26th of his admission in the burn unit. What a horrible place and there are so many people in it. Just sad sad sad to hear and see what they are all going through. Ugh!

As for my dad, he is alive and this is wonderful. He is in pain and uncomfortable. I have seen his wounds and they are raw and just horrid. His upper grafts have gone ok but his lower legs are definitely the problem area that is being focused upon. There is some exposed bone and tendon in places that will not take a graft at this point because there isn't any soft tissue in that area. The doctors are determined to try to save his legs from amputation and we are willing to run the course, as long as necessary to let them try as well.

New plan will be several smaller graft attempts on the best possible tissue sites along his lower legs so that his body can focus on the smaller zones for healing. They will work their way towards the bad areas over time to try to shrink down these zones so that they can accept a graft eventually. His upper body they will pretty much let heal on it's own since it is 'covered' and not threatened by amputation. Many more surgeries required over the next several weeks. He has one today.

I am only here through the 21st and I don't want to leave but work/family is 270 miles away! This just plain sucks!

Dearest Yeshua, It is all quite overwhelming. You know our situation and again, daily, hourly, I continue to give it to You as You are more than capable to take care of every detail. Help me remember this and trust. Peace today and through the days ahead. Guide each person touching dad and give them compassion, skill, gentleness, firmness, joy, and hope in his healing. Strength for his body. Knit each and every cell, new cell, old cell, and any other cell into his connective tissues. Let the vitamins cause new growth and strong connections. Please shrink down the bad areas and help them to take grafts over time. We would love him to be able to keep those legs of his Lord. Your plans, Your timing, Your will be done in our lives. Help us through the separations please. Comfort and guidance. Thank You. Amen :bowing:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 am

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Fri May 18, 2018 6:42 am

burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sonbeam on Sat May 19, 2018 6:26 am

Sonbeam

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue May 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Fri May 25, 2018 2:19 pm

:praying: :( sounds so tough and horrible for all.....makes me sad to even think about it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed May 30, 2018 5:43 am

They have moved him from the burn ICU into a non critical care burn unit. He now has a roommate as well. I get to drive over tomorrow to see him again with my mom and I am so looking forward to that and being able to see him and get an in person update regarding his therapies and plans as the days move forward. His lower shins are still critical in a couple of areas but the hope is that grafts will be able to cover them eventually. Time time time is going to tick by for a very long healing and recovery process. Spiritually, God is moving. My dad, even though he is not completely lucid, has moments of clarity and he is asking/pondering/dwelling some on spiritual themes. There is a pastor from a church in Seattle who's' congregation has been praying for my dad. He has asked to visit him and we said absolutely. Perhaps he will have some encouraging words and good seeds that dad is ready to hear.

Dearest Yeshua,
Your ways are not our ways. Your timing is perfect. Help us continue to trust You through this entire process. I pray especially for my dad's salvation. Give him eyes to see and ears to hear Your truth. Use this moment in his life to turn his heart around to repentance and spiritual change. Keep knocking Lord and I pray he will finally open the door to You. Please guide his caregivers and give them skill and compassion. Heal him physically Lord. Please preserve those legs. Let us have safe travels to visit with him. Thank You. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed May 30, 2018 6:13 am

:praying: for healing and his salvation !
burien1

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 am

Spreading Salt wrote:Dearest Yeshua,Your ways are not our ways. Your timing is perfect. Help us continue to trust You through this entire process. I pray especially for my dad's salvation. Give him eyes to see and ears to hear Your truth. Use this moment in his life to turn his heart around to repentance and spiritual change. Keep knocking Lord and I pray he will finally open the door to You. Please guide his caregivers and give them skill and compassion. Heal him physically Lord. Please preserve those legs. Let us have safe travels to visit with him. Thank You. Amen

Set in agreement... :a3:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 am

shorttribber wrote:
Spreading Salt wrote:Dearest Yeshua,Your ways are not our ways. Your timing is perfect. Help us continue to trust You through this entire process. I pray especially for my dad's salvation. Give him eyes to see and ears to hear Your truth. Use this moment in his life to turn his heart around to repentance and spiritual change. Keep knocking Lord and I pray he will finally open the door to You. Please guide his caregivers and give them skill and compassion. Heal him physically Lord. Please preserve those legs. Let us have safe travels to visit with him. Thank You. Amen

Set in agreement... :a3:

When in need of a physician, if your dad gets more than one, then thanks be to the Lord! As I prayed about this situation, I saw that while the body needs healing, the more important healing and recovery needs to happen in the spirit, and if this physical thing brings about a spiritual thing, then all praise, thanks and glory to our Loving Father! My spirit was singing with joy as I prayed about this and pondered what was going on here.....so joyful to see someone in this process......of a changed heart and spirit.....may salvation come!!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm

In agreement

Bugtussle and I
sacredcowbasher

Re: My dad has been badly burned - UPDATE

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 am

So daily 'wound care' sucks. There are still 8 open areas on his lower legs that need to be kept from scabbing in order for them to receive the next round of grafting. There is much debridement and I seem to be the only one able to handle it. Some days even I struggle but put on a strong face. It doesn't hurt him because there are no nerves there at this time. I will never forget the look, feel, smell, and sound of this daily routine. Ugh.

We head back to Seattle for his 6th round of surgery on Sept 21st. He has no memory of the accident nor does he remember the time from April - June. Now that he is alert and oriented, he is very fearful of what is to come. He is worried about where they are going to 'skin him' for his next set of grafts.

Dearest Yeshua,
Please provide for every detail of this next round, from traveling mercies to successful grafting. Calm his fears Lord and use this time to work out his salvation. Help us to love him through each day. Give us strength and ability to support and help him through each phase of this recovery. Thank You Lord. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:05 am

Dearest Yeshua,
Please provide for every detail of this next round, from traveling mercies to successful grafting. Calm his fears Lord and use this time to work out his salvation. Help us to love him through each day. Give us strength and ability to support and help him through each phase of this recovery. Thank You Lord. Amen

Agreeing in Prayer..
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby burien1 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:13 pm

burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Joining you in prayer for your father and for all of you who are going through this together as a family.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:48 am

Road trip today back to Seattle. 6th surgery for grafts. 8 remaining wounds to cover. Now that my dad has been out of the hospital for a good month, his mind has cleared and he is cognizant of his situation. He is afraid this time, knowing what is coming. He does not know Jesus personally yet. Stubborn is a mild word for this sweet man!

Dearest Yeshua,
Please guide our journey as we head the many miles. Protection along every route. Prepare dad's body for the next round of grafting. I pray every site will be fixed this time. Skill and accuracy for the staff. Full healing. No complications please. Guard his heart and mind Lord. Encourage and strengthen us all through the coming days. Please let him find You as his personal King sooner rather than later. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:14 am

SS, I empathize with how unsettling it is to work with a family member who doesn't embrace Christ Jesus. My grandmother was much like this. Even though she went to church for years, she just didn't believe that she was going to "qualify" for heaven because of the way she lived her life and the things she did. It took many years of talking this through before she became willing to even conceive that such a thing as Christ's finished work on the cross was for her and all of her "bad behavior."
I watched her live with Alzhiemers for a good decade and I believe wholeheartedly (though I dont have any proof) that it was during this time that she, along with the Lord and those angels He may have sent to work with her, got this work completed. I know that before losing her mental state, while she asked for Christ's precious gift for us, she never really worked it all out with any human beings. I strongly felt that it was during this time when her body was still with us, but her mind was elsewhere, that she may have come to a place of faith.....again, I dont know it to be true, but I strongly believe it might be......just knowing how it was with her and that nomatter who the human was, noone here could convince her.

I am praying for your father about these various needs of his.....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

SS,

We have a very good friend who went through exactly what your dad is going through after he suffered electrical burns from a high power line many years ago now. The wound care is the worst, and he too had to undergo many surgeries. He lost some fingers and toes and had to have his thumb rebuilt through grafts. They took most of the grafted skin from his legs.

It is a very long road to recovery. Our friend still has pain from nerve damage he suffered. The good news is that though it takes time, he will get through it. Despite his pain our friend went on to live a normal life, had three kids, and is still going strong.

I don't know if any of this is a comfort to you, but make sure you let your Dad know that folks here are praying for him, and that though we don't know him or you personally, we share concern for his well being, both physically and spiritually.

Continued prayers

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby shorttribber on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 am

shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 pm

sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:SS,

We have a very good friend who went through exactly what your dad is going through after he suffered electrical burns from a high power line many years ago now. The wound care is the worst, and he too had to undergo many surgeries. He lost some fingers and toes and had to have his thumb rebuilt through grafts. They took most of the grafted skin from his legs.

It is a very long road to recovery. Our friend still has pain from nerve damage he suffered. The good news is that though it takes time, he will get through it. Despite his pain our friend went on to live a normal life, had three kids, and is still going strong.

I don't know if any of this is a comfort to you, but make sure you let your Dad know that folks here are praying for him, and that though we don't know him or you personally, we share concern for his well being, both physically and spiritually.

Continued prayers

RT

Beautifully shared. Thanks RT.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm

How did your dad’s surgery go, and how are you doing SS?
:hugs2:
sacredcowbasher

Postby bluejay on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm so sorry to see this. I will keep your father in my prayers. And for you and your family. :cry:
bluejay

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 am

Thank you for all who have been praying for our family. What a crazy year and we are so looking forward to the closure of 2018. The left leg is healed up from the grafts. The right lower leg still has two spots we are working with each day. One has about an inch of exposed bone and one has about one centimeter of exposed tendon but this one is about 1/2 inch deep so still has a ways to go for full closure. We have to clean these every day and keep them covered in antibiotic ointment and wraps to avoid air and possible infection. He is in PT and getting stronger. Lost a bit of muscle. He can walk (PRAISE GOD), and he does 1/2 mile every other day. His outlook is good but he just wants to go back into the forest and be active again so he is a little discouraged by the slowness of the healing. One of the perks is that I crank up my Christian music while working on his legs so he is getting some good exposure to some awesome and uplifting music filled with hope and joy!

Dearest Yeshua,
You have healed my dad in places we weren't sure would heal. You have provided wise and skilled doctors and compassionate caregivers throughout this entire ordeal. You have strengthened all of us every day as we work with him and encouraged him. Thank You for all You have done and continue to do in our lives. We are so close to having full closure of the wounds. Please continue to knit these areas back together and prevent any infection. Please continue to strengthen the muscles and grow areas of stability in his legs again. Please soften his heart and bring him to a saving knowledge of You! Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 am

Dearest Yeshua,
You have healed my dad in places we weren't sure would heal. You have provided wise and skilled doctors and compassionate caregivers throughout this entire ordeal. You have strengthened all of us every day as we work with him and encouraged him. Thank You for all You have done and continue to do in our lives. We are so close to having full closure of the wounds. Please continue to knit these areas back together and prevent any infection. Please continue to strengthen the muscles and grow areas of stability in his legs again. Please soften his heart and bring him to a saving knowledge of You! Amen

Thanks for the progress report which testifies to answered prayer both for the healing of your dad’s legs and the strengthening of his daughter for the labor of love provided. God continue to give you the health and strength needed, and bless your family, which I know supports you throughout this process.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:33 am

SS,
Good to hear your Dad is on the mend, it is a very slow process, but he will get through it and it sounds like he will get back to doing the things he wants to do, though it will probably be a couple years before he is fully recovered. In the meantime you are being a wonderful testimony of God's love to him, so keep it up and don't be afraid to talk about the Lord while you are there to help him (perhaps you have already). I led my Mom to Christ in the car on the way into the emergency room. Times of medical crisis are a great opportunity to talk about one's eternal destiny.

Prayers continuing for your Dad and your family.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Return to Prayer Requests