Speaking opportunity

Speaking opportunity

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 am

Hello all,

I am soliciting your prayers for a speaking opportunity I have this coming Saturday at noon. I was asked to speak at a ladies' luncheon at my church. I will be sharing the gospel tying it into a mother's day themed talk. I have never spoken before a group before and am a tad nervous. I have been singing for decades in church and have led many bible studies, but standing in front of a group of women and talking is a whole new experience for me. So I ask you to pray for me, and especially that the Lord will speak through me for His Glory that some may come to Christ as a result. Also my daughter will be coming and she has strayed from the Lord, so also please pray for her that God would stir her spirit to return to Him.

Thank you so much

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Re: Speaking opportunity

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Mon May 07, 2018 11:05 am

Praying for you, RT!

Remember . . . the one speaking, as the oracle of God.

Give 'em the Word!!

Much love!
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby burien1 on Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 am

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Mon May 07, 2018 11:41 am

What I know that some of you may not (unless she sent her material to you, too).....is HOW FANTASTIC her prepared speaking material is.....that's right.....she sent it to me to look over a few weeks back and it is OUTSTANDING. Our sister has such a gift as a teacher......
So, now, my especially sweet friend, I will certainly be praying for your to be uplifted when it comes time to share your gift with the group of ladies you are speaking before....AND.....I will pray that as your daughter listens to your awesome material, the clever and scriptural sound words will plant a small seed in her heart that the Lord will cultivate and help grow her in her relationship with Him.
RT, I want you to be confident in the beautiful message you prepared. It is outstanding and I am so proud of you for using your God Given Gift.....you can feel good about this one....it's good stuff!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Mon May 07, 2018 6:59 pm

The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue May 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks everyone! Thank you GS for the kind words. I did make some changes from the one I sent you, but sticking with the same scriptures because that is what the Lord originally laid on my heart.

You are all a blessing to me, I appreciate the prayers very much!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 am

If you made changes, it was to improve it....each time you tweeked it, the lesson got better....You will do well. You are, indeed, gifted in your studies and ability to teach/convey what you learned. We've all seen that for years here on FP. May the Lord use your willingness and effort to touch one or many this weekend, when you present it. Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat May 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to those who prayed for me. My talk went very well. I know God heard and answered prayers , as I was completely relaxed without any nerves at all.

There were 48 women there and some I know don't know the Lord. I gave a clear gospel presentation, and can only hope that the seed was planted and at some point down the road will bare its fruit.

many of the women came up to me afterward and thanked me and told me I did a fine job, which is nice to hear, especially since it was my first time ever speaking before a crowd.

I certainly do appreciate you all having my back!

God bless you

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 am

:hugs: :bounce: :onlyjesus: :praise: :sunshine: :typing: :clap2: :spin: :award:

I am SO EXCITED that you are happy with the way your presentation went.
You are a teacher, RT....plain and simple......I have been SO BLESSED by your gift of the Lord.

I am so pleased that others got to share in it and that you feel it went well.....blessings everywhere and for everyone.....

PRAISE THE LORD!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 am

So glad to hear this RT :) I didn't post because I didn't have my login detail when I needed it but I was and have been keeping you in prayer. Thank You Lord for this successful gospel presentation. Bless the good see that was spread and bring these women to yearn for more of You. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue May 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Praising God for the experience and the sharing of the gospel! :banana:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Return to Prayer Requests