Old Fool

Old Fool

Postby ToledoDebbie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 am

Dear Heavenly Father, I have been an old fool and allowed my own child and grandchildren to be indoctrinated by the "powers and principalities of evil" in this world. I have not raised my voice loud and strong and stood unyielding against the lies that this world is teaching them. They have been bombarded in our so called educational system, movies, television, obscene video games and social media. I look at my own house and I am afraid that my weakness, based on my desire to show love and acceptance to my family, has put them on a very dangerous path. Father forgive me for not doing the right thing when I saw behavior that was totally unacceptable and destructive. I am so ashamed. Please help me Father to do whatever I can from this day forward to witness to my own with love and compassion. I can not give up on them, please open their eyes and their hearts to your truth. In Jesus name I pray.
ToledoDebbie

Re: Old Fool

Postby Jericho on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

:praying:

Don't be too hard on yourself Debbie, going against the culture is a very difficult thing to do. We are getting just a taste of what the early Christians had to fight against in a much more debased culture than our own. It has given me a new appreciation for them.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby david on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:58 pm

I deeply feel your pain. I also have children that have gone astray that I am so worried about. I feel guilt as you may as well. However be humble but don't be ashamed you should not have to live in a constant state of shame. There is no fault in being a loving caring mother. I pray you will have the strength to witness to your family.

david
david

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm

:praying:

As much as we love our children, God's love for them far surpasses ours. Put them in His hands and trust that He will draw them to Himself.

I agree, David, shame and guilt are unproductive. We do the best we can as parents.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:33 pm

In Jesus' Name I also pray with you!

And I will say too . . . the irony is great, wasting time thinking about the lost time. We move and look forward, not backward. We look towards what God will do, knowing He is faithful to you, His vessel.

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to Prayer Requests