Re: Mom's cancer recovery (40% chance). Read update please!!

Postby Missy08 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:03 am

9/8/17 ***UPDATE***

Last Thursday, August 31st, she was sent to the recovery lodge (Praise God!) and everything has been looking up.

She is 100% over the virus she came down with and her white blood cell count has now stabilized around 8.6 which is exactly where it should be. Praise God!!

Her appetite, nausea and the fluid retention are what she's currently struggling with.

I have added a more detailed update post to this thread.

I will continue to update this thread as I'm updated.

Thank you SO much for your continued support and prayers - you guys are awesome!

God bless,
Missy
------------------------------

8/27/17 ***PRAYER REPORT - PRAISE GOD!***

I wanted to thank and update everyone who has been praying for Judy - she's doing very well.

The doctors and nurses are very surprised at how fast things have been moving throughout this entire procedure recovery wise. We all attribute it to the Lord's hand being on her without question.

She wasn't doing too well and had been told her body had to start producing white blood cells because she literally had none. Then she came down with a virus and it was very serious and could have become fatal because her immune system was bottomed out due to the chemo, radiation and all the medications.

Around two days after I had posted the prayer request for white blood cells on this forum - her body started producing white blood cells. They were shocked it happened so quickly and early.

She is WAY ahead of schedule recovery wise and numbers wise.

A normal white blood cell count is between 4.5 (4500 white cells) and 11.0 (11,000 cells)

It went from 0 to 0.3 (300 cells) two days after I had posted the prayer request here:
to 3.6 (3600 cells) the following day,
to 6.5 (6500 cells) the next
to 11.7 (11,700 cells) the next
and stabilized at 15.7 (15,700 cells) which is normal because of her body fighting off the virus.

Her body is fighting out the virus. Her appetite has come back fully and her strength is returning.

She was told that because even though her brother was a perfect match for her stem cell donor wise, which was a miracle in itself, because he wasn't the same blood type it would take approximately a full year before her hemoglobin would raise to a normal level. Hemoglobin makes you feel good and carries oxygen through your blood throughout your body.

Her hemoglobin within two days went from bottomed out to 41 to 87, normal range for her is 120. She's more than 2/3's there. Praise God!

She was told with smiles from the staff that her stem cells were grafted. Which means her body began accepting them. (was 40% chance)

They made the statement that this never happens this quickly. Her cells are making more of a comeback than they ever see because even though the procedure is done, she's still going through rounds of medications and tiny shots of chemo to ensure everything's gone - it's extremely early for this type of recovery to be happening.

Two of her four doctors are now finished with her because of her tremendous recovery. They had originally told her whatever she's doing to keep it up because it's working - she told them it's God's hand being on everything and attributed it to all the prayer that's been going on for her. There's a testimony there in all of this for them too. Two of her nurses told her privately that they aren't allowed to talk about their faith but opened up to her that they're Christian.

The staff has been amazing to her and the family and she's been in great hands.

We were just informed that due to her fantastic recovery and her numbers being as good as they are, and she has a good chance of going to the recovery lodge. Which is a short distance to the hospital where she's going to be recovering, but free to go outside and become active again, but will have to go to the hospital every day or two for a quick checkup for approximately two months.

If everything continues - she'll be home before the end of November.

She thanks you sincerely from the bottom of her heart as does the family.

Thank you so very much to those who have stood with us in prayer - I will continue to update.

God bless,
Missy

8/23/17

We were just informed that Judy has come down with a virus. Any sickness at this point can be fatal. Requesting prayer if you have the time!!

Thank you so much!
Missy

8/20/17

We just heard today that one of the doctors overseeing Judy has said that her body needs to start producing white blood cells, that she needs at the very least ONE, but is currently at ZERO.

We would extremely appreciate prayer that her body starts producing white blood cells for her recovery.

God bless,
Missy

8/17/17

Thank you all for your amazing support!

Judy had the stem cell procedure done and is now awaiting testing at the end of (supposedly) next week to see whether or not her body is going to accept it.

Please pray her body accepts it (they gave her a 40-50% chance), otherwise there's no chance of recovery.

Thank you & God bless!
Missy

Hello,

I am requesting prayer from all my fellow prayer warriors: PLEASE pray for Judy (my mom)!

My immediate family is in the Christian faith and we have seen the Lord's hand perform many miracles even within our own family.

A few quick prayer reports to get your faith stirred:

Mom:
When my grandmother was pregnant with my mom the doctors and nurses suggested to her to have an abortion because the baby was going to be born with Spina Bifida. They had told her the child was going to go through a lot of pain even just growing up and had given her a "lifespan estimate" of under 30 years.

My grandmother refused and sure enough my mom was born with Spina Bifida. She suffered for years with pain where she could barely stand and had a lot of walking problems throughout her childhood. Not really able to do much without having to sit on the sidelines a lot and watching everyone else.

Around age 22 my mom came to Christ and fed up with her pain, cried out to God and had those around her in her church pray for her. That night changed everything for her - she was healed entirely of her pain, walking issues, and has more than doubled her "lifespan estimate", now being 64.

My parents wanted to have children and every baby delivery doctor she went to suggested against her having children, not only for her own health reasons but because her children are extremely likely to suffer from spina bifida as well. She found a Christian doctor who told her if she believes God wants her to have children, to pray, and do so. I have three older siblings and all four of us have absolutely no health problems whatsoever.

Dad:
My dad was born with epilepsy and suffered from seizures throughout his life from a young age. Him having a driver's license was ruled out early on and it was understood he would never drive. He was on heavy medications to keep his seizures under control and but still suffered a lot from them and side effects of the medication.

My father meets my mother and becomes a Christian. There was a service going on at their church and my dad was prayed for - and was healed immediately of his epilepsy. He felt different and went to his doctor (who is not a Christian and was very confused) and was given the clear to stop taking the medication. He has had no signs of ever having epilepsy and just retired from driving for a living for a trucking company of 38 years.

Uncle:
My uncle was having a lot of problems concentrating and was just overall not doing well. He went in for a lot of tests and they couldn't figure out what the problem was until finally they came to realize he had a tumor growing inside his skull on his brain. They informed him it was too big and too dangerous to operate on. He was given up to 6 months to live at the time.

Our family came together and prayed for him. After weeks of him constantly going back so they could monitor his tumor growing (and it was) - he goes in after all the prayer - the tumor vanished. Literally vanished. They had no words to say about it except, whatever he's doing to keep it up. Even though this happened he's not a believer - but he was definitely healed.

Prayer request:
In a very high amount of cases where someone comes down with lymphoma they're gone within a few years. Judy (my mom) had been told it was extremely likely she would be taken by the cancer within a maximum of 5 years - well, it's been 8. (Praise God!)

After so many different medications and different forms of chemo - none of them were working. She had been told if she's able to be healthy enough to recover - she's a candidate for stem cell replacement. This is an absolute last resort because it only works 40-50% of the time.

What they do is kill off all cancer cells with heavy doses of chemo over several days and then take a matched donor's cells and introduce them into her immune system and if her body doesn't react negatively and accepts the cells as her own - she begins to develop a brand new immune system. They know within 2 hours whether or not her body has accepted it. If it doesn't accept it, her body starts attacking itself and she's gone.

Praise God her one brother is a match for her and he is going to be there during the whole procedure as the donor, otherwise it would've taken months or longer to find a matched donor anywhere even remotely close.

Her body wasn't taking to any of the medication over the last 8 years but was told about a medication that was her very last resort and they held off all this time because of the side effects AND it only has a 30% success rate. Well, to their surprise - thank you Lord, it's working!

She is now booked to go in for August 3rd for heavy doses of chemo until August 8th or 9th, when they're doing the stem cell procedure.

As your sibling in Christ, I ask that you please pray that the procedure will be a success that she may continue to be a walking and talking miracle who always gives God the glory. Please pray for us, her husband, her children, her grand children, and the rest of our family that we do not fall off course but continue walking in Him regardless the outcome.

The Lord's hand has been at work throughout this entire ordeal and she has already beaten the odds so many times. She was healed of her pain that she was told she'd have for life, she's outlived the age by more than double what the doctors had predicted before she was born, she had four children who did not have any health problems passed down to them, she has lived almost twice as long as people ever do with lymphoma, she was given the very last resort medication that had a 30% success rate and it succeeded, and lastly, I would LOVE to come back to report that with God and your prayers, she now beat another 40% success rate AND recovered from the chemo.

Thank you for your time in reading this, those of you that have. Whether you pray for us or just simply skimmed through this - I'm praying for you that you may walk in Him for eternity and bear much fruit throughout your life walking in the Spirit.

God bless,
Missy
Last edited by Missy08 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
Missy08

Re: Prayer please: Mom has cancer and may only have 5 days left.

Postby Sonbeam on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:13 pm

:bowing:

:praying:

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby shorttribber on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 pm

:banana: Wow Missy, you have shared such encouraging testimonies of God's healing power :banana: .....how can it be possible to not pray in faith and believe?....thank you....we will believe and pray with you.
:praying: Knit us together oh Lord in You, and in Your Authority over this infirmity in sister Judy's body, Amen. :praying:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:40 am

Thank you for sharing these testimonies. I sense your faith and your love for your mom and family and am agreeing with you and others that Judy will come through this challenge as well. Thank you Lord for Missy’s unwavering faith. We look to You for deliverance from this cancer, Jesus. Thank You for the way Your hand has been on Judy in the past and Missy’s dad, and her uncle. We look to You once again, for Your love and power can not be exhausted. Father, in Jesus’ name, we ask for another miracle. Either allow the stem cell treatment to succeed or do an outright miracle and touch Judy and heal her now. We pray and ask this in Jesus’ name, Amen. :praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Re: Please: Mom has cancer & may only have 3 days left. *Updated

Postby Missy08 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 am

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. It means a lot to me, my mom, and my family. If you have the chance please continue praying for her and I have updated the stem cell procedure time on the top of the original post.

Praying for you as well!

God bless,
Missy
Missy08

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:22 pm

What a wonderful testimony your family has of God's healing touch.
Praying for your mother and for you and your family,
RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby shorttribber on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:56 am

We all agree with you today Lord, that your Will and Glory should be made known by the healing of Judy's body.

:banana: Thank you in advance of your wonderful touch oh God. :banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Re: Mom recovering from heavy chemo, radiation & stem cell

Postby Missy08 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:37 am

Hey all,

Thank you SOOO much for your support!

I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know - so far so good. We're still looking to give the praise report when we come to hear that her body has accepted the stem cell procedure and is making good recovery. When we do hear that, and we're very optimistic that we will, the first thing we'll do is give God the glory, then I'll update this post to let you all know.

The worst thing she's had through all of this so far is hallucinations from all the medications she's been on. Wednesday and Thursday she was doing really well. Friday she was very tired and wasn't social at all until Saturday morning when she was starting to return to her normal self. I can only imagine how hard the body is fighting so the up and down energy is fully expected.

On Saturday they started her on anti-rejection medication for the white blood stem cells they introduced to help her immune system fight back. From what we know this is a "safety" and is standard procedure so it doesn't necessarily mean her body has rejected anything.

Love this community, don't stop being great!

God bless,
Missy
Missy08

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:50 am

I feel like God is going to deliver Judy from this battle as He has done from others. I’m thinking about Gwen Wilkerson, David Wilkerson’s wife. She had many bouts with cancer during their marriage and she is still with us today. David passed away in an auto accident a few years ago and is now resting from the work God had for him. Gwen was injured in that accident and my understanding is that she has recovered completely.

Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am

Hi Missy08:
I am late coming on to the board as lately, I have been in and out very quickly, due to so much going on around and with me. I am attempting to apologize for being late on getting in with the prayers for your mother, Judy.
I'd like to thank you for your testimony and encouragement for the saints as these things you've shared do just that for us all.

I am joining in prayer for Judy and would love to continue to learn of updates in her situation as they arise.

Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Missy08 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:12 am

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!!

We were told we (should) know by the end of next week whether or not the body fully accepted the stem cells (she was given a 40-50% chance of success). Then depending on the reading I believe they test again two weeks after that. If her body does not accept the stem cells then they said there's no chance of recovery.

So far she's doing ok as far as recovery goes. She's not eating much because of the nausea and medication side effects but she's keeping in touch with everyone and is in good spirits. She's very positive and is trusting the Lord throughout.

She is extremely thankful for all the prayer going out for her and so is the family. I will continue to update as we learn more.

Thank you very very much!!

God bless,
Missy
Missy08

Re: Mom's recovery (40-50% success). Has ZERO white blood cells

Postby Missy08 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

Hey all,

We just heard today that one of the doctors overseeing Judy has said that her body needs to start producing white blood cells, that she needs at the very least ONE, but is currently at ZERO.

We would extremely appreciate prayer that her body starts producing white blood cells for her recovery.

She is talking extremely well and has energy and feels great. She's up and about and is very positive. She's attributing everything to the Lord. This is day five where she has felt amazing. Her appetite has been increasing and she's not on as many medications as she was - they're beginning to take her off them.

The support from this site has been amazing - thank you!

God bless,
Missy
Missy08

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Praying for those white blood cells to kick in!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Dearest Yeshua, Thank You for healing Judy. Get those healthy cells reproducing. Increase here appetite. Keep her hope thriving in You. May she get a great night of rest and wake up refreshed and ready for the next day. Strength for every cell Lord. Kick all bad cells out and grow healthy, strong and vibrant new cells for her body. Encourage her and all her family Lord. Thank You. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:27 am

I, too, am praying with all of you for the Lord to give her the white blood cells her body needs to begin recovering. Please keep us posted, Missy.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re:Mom's recovery(40% chance) White blood cells PRAYER REPOR

Postby Missy08 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:31 am

Hi everyone,

I updated my original post with a very happy prayer report.

Please read it over - We very seriously appreciate all your continued prayer and support.

We give God the glory!!

Thank you & God bless!
Missy
Missy08

Postby shorttribber on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 am

Missy08 wrote:Around two days after I had posted the prayer request for white blood cells on this forum - her body started producing white blood cells. They were shocked it happened so quickly and early. She is WAY ahead of schedule recovery wise and numbers wise.A normal white blood cell count is between 4.5 (4500 white cells) and 11.0 (11,000 cells)It went from 0 to 0.3 (300 cells) two days after I had posted the prayer request here: to 3.6 (3600 cells) the following day, to 6.5 (6500 cells) the nextto 11.7 (11,700 cells) the next and stabilized at 15.7 (15,700 cells) which is normal because of her body fighting off the virus. Her body is fighting out the virus. Her appetite has come back fully and her strength is returning.She was told that because even though her brother was a perfect match for her stem cell donor wise, which was a miracle in itself, because he wasn't the same blood type it would take approximately a full year before her hemoglobin would raise to a normal level. Hemoglobin makes you feel good and carries oxygen through your blood throughout your body.Her hemoglobin within two days went from bottomed out to 41 to 87, normal range for her is 120. She's more than 2/3's there. Praise God!She was told with smiles from the staff that her stem cells were grafted. Which means her body began accepting them. (was 40% chance)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

shorttribber

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:11 pm

such an awesome answer to prayer, praise the Lord! :wow:

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm

:bowing: I LOVE the Lord!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 pm

He is an amazing God. Thank you for letting us be apart of carrying your mom’s name up to our Father. I can see us all dancing in heaven when this story is told. For right now, we are all the bananas on ST’s post.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Missy08 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 am

Hey all,

Last Thursday, August 31st, she was sent to the recovery lodge (Praise God!) and everything has been looking up. She was eating well and her blood work came back fantastic. The first few days at the lodge she was doing very well except her legs were/are swollen with fluid. This is said to be pretty common but they are keeping an eye on it to be sure it won't spread to her chest.

She is 100% over the virus she came down with and her white blood cell count has now stabilized around 8.6 which is exactly where it should be. Praise God!!

For a few days, however, she had very bad nausea and could not eat. Anything she ate her body rejected and she was feeling very tired. Yesterday night I was informed that she was having blood work done and they noticed her dietary numbers were out of sorts. Her folic acid, salt, magnesium and a few other vitamins and minerals were bottomed out. She was told they're going to keep her for two to three days just to get her body back to normal. She ate a full sandwich yesterday and was excited because she had no trouble keeping it down and had no nausea.

Her appetite, nausea and the fluid retention are what she's currently struggling with.

This community has been absolutely a shining star to us and a Godsend - Thank you so so much for all your continued support and prayers!

I will continue to update this thread as I'm updated.

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

God bless,
Missy
Missy08

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for the update Missy, so glad to hear your Mom has improved, will continue to pray that she makes a full recovery.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:42 pm

So happy to hear of your mom's good progress, Missy. Thanks for the updates and know that she is still in our prayers.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Thanks for the update Missy, so glad to hear your Mom has improved, will continue to pray that she makes a full recovery.<br abp="726"><br abp="727">RT

Abiding in His Word wrote:So happy to hear of your mom's good progress, Missy. Thanks for the updates and know that she is still in our prayers.

:a3:

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests