My Testimony

My Testimony

Postby Matt1984 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey... although I am new here, I feel that I'll open myself up to everyone and share what the Lord has done in my life. This is long, but I hope you take the time to read.

I was raised up in a family home where my parents attended the Worldwide Church of God. After attending it for most of my childhood, my dad stopped going to church. Our family moved back to NY and my mom shortly decided to start going to a Lutheran church. After I received my Communion and Confirmation I figured if my dad didn't have to go to church, why should I. I always knew there was a God but like many people I figured I'm a good person, so I have nothing to worry about.

In my absence of church, my mother and sister started attending a Bible believing Christian church and had been trying to witness to me for years. I got a good job... was working lots of overtime, working out, dating a lot. Bought my own house. Life was good, or so I thought. I started worshiping money, and myself. I got into steroids for a few years. It made me more arrogant, prideful and sinful than before.

My mom and sister kept praying and doing their best to witness to me. Now I was always a zealous and passionate person in anything I believed in. I felt in my heart that I was right and they were nuts. Whenever my sister or mother would open their mouth about God, I felt possessed and filled with the anger of hell. The things I've said to them, and accused them of and said against God...I'm just embarrassed and saddened that it was things that came from my mouth.

Throughout all of this I was very conservative and very much into politics. My mom kept pushing Christian prophecy books and other Christian book/ Bibles at me. They never gave up. It made me sick and angry. I read them but never really "got it".

While still doing steroids, I went to the doctor for a physical and my blood pressure and cholesterol were horrendous. The doctor was shocked I haven't had a stroke yet. Keep this in mind I was 25 at the time December of 2009. I finally got off the steroids and was depressed realizing I'm mortal and not invincible. What a blow to my pride. I started dating a wonderful woman shortly after. She was an agnostic at the time.

My mom and brother in law and sister asked me if I wanted to go to Easter service with them, so I said sure. I found myself tearing up knowing the truth about Jesus sacrifice. I didn't want to go back... I kept reading, feeling more and more drawn the Christ... After a few weeks I was reading a book by David Jeremiah, and the words jumped out at me. I could NOT get to heaven unless I accepted Christ's sacrifice and asked him to forgive me of my sins and to have mercy on my soul.

I got on my knees crying to Jesus, and I felt the weight of the world off my shoulders... I started having more and more questions and my mom and sister were just ecstatic. Now my zealous and passion was for the Lord...If you can't beat Him, join Him!!! They are now shocked at how my passion has been completely flipped!

Since then I've had ups and downs but the Lord has answered prayer after prayer. Still praying for my father to accept the Lord. I just need to be patient that the Lord will call him on His time, if it is His will.

Hope this can be an inspiration to many who may have that family member that you thought was completely lost. No one is completely lost when the Lord works. Praise God, who saves us!
Matt1984

Re: My Testimony

Postby Truthinlove on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Praise God! Thanks for sharing your testimony. :blessyou:
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOljzwNVGNY
http://www.giannajessen.com/
Truthinlove

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:18 am

.... there is joy in the presence of God's angels over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10

:praise:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Christisalive on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks for sharing this wonderfull testimony,
Praise to Jesus our Lord...

Praying for your father to come to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Christisalive

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am

Hope this can be an inspiration to many who may have that family member that you thought was completely lost. No one is completely lost when the Lord works. Praise God, who saves us!

Thanks for sharing that, Matt1984. Praise God ! And WELCOME to FP ! :hugs:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Matt1984 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 am

Anytime!! I'm just happy to be here!
Matt1984

Return to Testimonies