My Road to Salvation

My Road to Salvation

Postby NewlyBorninChrist on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 am

I posted this on the Economic MOB forum to comfort a couple of guys who were going through some rough time then I realized that it was the first time I had shared my full testimony of how I was lead to the Lord so I thought I would post it here:

Salty Skipper wrote:Praying for you guys. The toughest circumstances are when the Lord does His greatest works in us. Hang in there!

Amen, Salty I've been there and done that guys and I know it is no fun but my darkest moments lead me to the Lord. Me and my wife split up a couple of years ago. At the time, I did not know the Lord though I knew of Him and like many I considered him more of an enlightened teacher than the Savior and Creator of the universe. When my wife told me she wanted out of our marriage, I was destroyed. I was in denial for several months and I left because of her wishes hoping and praying that she would change her mind. I ended up in a motel room, alone, over a thousand miles away from family and friends, a stranger in a strange land. I was unemployed and running out of room rent and food money fast. It was December and the snow was piling up deep with temperatures below 0. I was desperate, I was a complete emotional wreck, and I was about to be homeless in the middle of winter in the very unforgiving western Colorado Rockies. I was at my lowest point and at the end of my rope. I opened the drawer in my room and grabbed the Gideons Bible and started skipping through Matthew, looking for answers. I got to Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." I got down on my knees and I began to pray through my sobbing and my tears. "God please restore my marriage! Have mercy on me! I don't think I can take much more of this God, please help me!"
Well, I was down to about a week left of money for my rent and I got a call on a job I had applied for and got hired that week. Payday was still a couple of weeks away and it was looking like I might have to live in my Jeep for at least a week in the subzero cold. That same week an acquaintance from my work offered to take me in until I could get back on my feet. The day my room ran out, I moved in with her and her son. I kept working on talking my wife out of ending our marriage but to no avail. So one day I just decided to make peace with myself and her over it. I let it go... I surrendered to my circumstances and decided that it was time to move on.
I ended up meeting and falling in love with someone else way sooner than I should have but through all of it God was setting things up for me to be drawn to him through my beloved Savior. Within 6 months and before I had even started divorce preparations to end my marriage I was talking about marriage with my new love. I had bought my own place, a fixer upper that I got a great deal on and talked my girlfriend into moving in with me. I knew in my heart that I was committing adultery but I made excuse for my behavior saying that my wife had ended the marriage and it was over except the legal stuff. My girlfriend moved in the first week of July. I was very much in love with her and she with me and we were making plans for the future but there was still that little issue of me still being married. I also visited with my grandbabies and me and my wife actual had developed a very good friendship based around both of us wanting me to remain close to the children. This brought alot of jealousy into my relationship with my girlfriend and we often argued about it because she didn't understand the love I have for those little ones and felt like I still had feelings for my wife. I truthfully insisted that I was very much in love with her and she didn't have anything to worry about because there was nothing but friendship left between me and my wife but after living with me for 3 months she left me on October 1st a year to the very day that my wife told me she wanted out of our marriage.
There I was devastated again. The girlfriend and I were still talking and somewhat involved but there was some distance in our locations so we didn't get to spend much time together. I found out that a Pastor worked the night shift with me and I decided to ask him for his advise. The first thing he asked me was "Are you saved?" I said "Yes I think so anyway." and he said "Well, the first thing we need to deal with is your adultery. Do you want a divorce?" I told him yes I want a divorce but I can't afford to file the paperwork and deal with the legal fees. He told me I should pray and ask the Father for guidance on what to do and ask for a financial blessing to handle my legal fees. He told me to pray in Jesus' name. So I did what he told me to do and I prayed about it. Keep in mind, I was still not saved through all of this. Well I continued seeking advice from my Pastor and things weren't improving either financially or in my relationship with my girlfriend. I was fit to be tied. She was telling me that she didn't know what she wanted and she needed time, always more time...
In the meantime, my wife had ended a rebound relationship that she had been involved in for about the same amount of time as mine had been. About a week before Thanksgiving, I was talking to my wife on the phone, telling her what had been going on and she invited me over so I wouldn't have to be miserable by myself. So I went to visit with her and the kids and my step-daughter and she said something that made me think that she might be wanting to talk about getting back together. We talked and decided to give our marriage another chance. This once again threw me into emotional turmoil because I would have to tell my girlfriend the devastating news. I dodged her for a few days then finally, crying like a baby, I told her that me and my wife had decided to try again. It destroyed me and her and on top of that I felt horrible that I had hurt her so badly. I began mourning the loss of my new love while trying to put my broken marriage back together. I even cried on my wife's shoulder about it for a couple of days before I realized that it was in no way fair for me to be grieving my ex-girlfriend while trying to restore my marriage so I bottled up the emotions and decided once again to pray to God. One night as I was lying in bed crying my eyes out, miserable when I should have been happy to have my family back, I cried out the God and asked him, "How do I find peace?" It was pitch black in the room and my eyes were wide open, and out of thin air a cross appeared about 2 feet in front of my eyes of the most brilliant white light I had ever seen. Still crying, I reached out for the cross and wrapped my hand around it and it disappeared. A feeling of incredible peace came over me and engulfed me and I knew immediately that the answer had been given and the answer was Jesus the Christ. A few other things had happened before that were obvious signs.
I went to the Pastor and started asking him about the Lord and I told him that I didn't think I was saved and didn't really know what that meant. I had alot of questions about God, Jesus, Hell, and other philosophical inquiries that I'm sure many believers have when they get saved or maybe even before they get saved but the Word of God presented to me by my Pastor cleared up every lie and misconception that I had been told about God, Jesus, the Bible, and Christians. I had always thought that Christians were hippocrites and that they were judmental and holier than thou but through my talks with my Pastor those lies that the enemy had told me began to dissolve and within a couple of weeks of being witnessed to, I accepted the Lord as my Savior and asked to be forgiven of my sins. I didn't keep the date of my salvation written down. All I know is that it was shortly before Christmas 2008 that I sat alone in my bed and asked the Lord to save me. I was Baptised by water a couple of weeks into January, and I became hungry for the Lord. Prophecy immediately drew my attention and being a watcher has been my primary focus of study since I was saved. I joined this sight shortly after my salvation and I have really absorbed alot of wonderful information and testimony since. I greatly appreciate all of my brothers and sisters in Christ and hope to continue to grow and be a good servant to the Lord. The best reward I could think of in Heaven when I stand before Him is for Him to say to me "Well done my good and faithful servant". That is my hearts desire because any crown I get, I will cast at His feet giving him praise and glory! This is my testimony...This is how God worked to draw me to salvation and I thank Him for being so patient, longsuffering, and full of grace because I was no where near deserving of the gift He gave me. So to all of you who are having trouble dealing with life, be it a marriage, finances, or whatever else the enemy has to throw against you, keep in mind that the Lord will restore all things and:

Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Praise and Glory to the Most High and His Son Yeshua the Messiah and my Savior!

YBIC
Rob
NewlyBorninChrist

Re: My Road to Salvation

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 am

I saw this post in the other thread, thanked you there for this beautiful post....but want to thank you here, too.
GOD IS AWESOME !!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby NewlyBorninChrist on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

Yes He is awesome and always working for our good even if it seems the opposite sometimes. When I was younger, I spent alot of time being angry at God but what I failed to realize at the time was that I was responsible for the mess my life was in along with alot of help from the enemy of course but the Lord worked everything out and here I am a new creature in Christ and blessed always by His grace and love even when things don't look so great through the windows of my soul. I'm glad you were touched by my testimony. There really so much more to the story but it would take a book to write it and the blessings continue. My wife has now renewed her faith after years of backsliding and is attending church with me every Sunday. Bless you!

YBIC
Rob
NewlyBorninChrist

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:47 pm

YES !!!!! :a3: AWESOME news about your wife!!!!!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby lamb7 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:19 pm

I am so happy for you, Rob, truly. What a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. May God bless you and your family always with His love, peace and grace.

In Christ,
lamb
:blessyou:
lamb7

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:55 pm

One night as I was lying in bed crying my eyes out, miserable when I should have been happy to have my family back, I cried out the God and asked him, "How do I find peace?" It was pitch black in the room and my eyes were wide open, and out of thin air a cross appeared about 2 feet in front of my eyes of the most brilliant white light I had ever seen. Still crying, I reached out for the cross and wrapped my hand around it and it disappeared. A feeling of incredible peace came over me and engulfed me and I knew immediately that the answer had been given and the answer was Jesus the Christ.

Awww, that portion just took my breath away and has left me sitting here just bawling like a baby!!!!

YESSSS, an awesome, awesome testimony!!! Bless you for sharing it!

:angel:
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby Swayde on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Praise God! I am sorry I didn't read this sooner. I am so glad you shared this though. I love hearing about how the Lord works in our lives, especially in the hard times, if we just let Him.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby Matt1984 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 pm

wow awesome! Praise God!
Matt1984

Return to Testimonies