Guess what He did for me...

Guess what He did for me...

Postby christian_m0mmy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:27 pm

About 5 days ago, my husband and I decided to stop smoking.

I have always felt guilty for smoking. But recently, I watched a video by Paul Washer, with a friend, and talking to her about his sermon has made me start looking at my life. I thought...I'm saved, so it's ok. I can smoke because God understands how hard it is to quit, and he knows I'm not strong enough.

Sounds good, don't it? But Brother Paul said something that makes sense. He said, "If I come in here and say, sorry I'm late, but I had a flat tire. And while trying to fix it, the lug nut fell and rolled away a little bit, and when I turned to grab it, I looked up and a huge log truck was 10 feet away from me, flying at about 60 miles an hour and there just wasn't time to get out of the way, so it hit me, ran me right over. So here I am, sorry I'm late." Now...is he lying, or is he a lunatic, or is he telling the truth?

What do you think?

*theme song from Jeopardy plays*

Well how can someone come into contact with something as large as a log truck, and not be FOREVER changed? Either dead, mangled, paralyzed, head knocked off....SOMETHING?!?!

So, how can I say I am a child of God, and STILL say I do not have the strength to do ANYTHING I WANT to do? If I really want to do this, how can I say I can't? How can I come into contact with GOD and not be different? RADICALLY different?

So, here I am, day 4, and haven't had a piece of the gum since day one.

I tried quitting last summer, TWICE. And both times, about tore Bill's head off. But I sit here...4 days later...no gum since bedtime of the first day...and not the first craving. Even when someone comes in the house who smokes...I can't even smell it on them!! Isn't that something?

JESUS TOOK IT FROM ME! Now, I don't believe I have more faith than I did last summer, but I know I have more POWER because Jesus is my source.

:a3: :banana: :armor:

GO JESUS, GO JESUS!

:bounce: :praise: :peace:

PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD!
Col 2:6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him

Col 2:6 You have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord. Now keep on following him.
christian_m0mmy

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:33 pm

:praise:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:34 pm

:a3: :a3: The Lord did the same for me Jan 2006! After 15 years of over a pack a day - He just turned it off! 3 days later the smell of smoke made me sick. Now - I can't even think about them without gagging a bit.

THANK YOU JESUS!!! and :praying: for you and hubbie!
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby christian_m0mmy on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:52 pm

Well see, I smoked for 20 years. I started when I was 13, sneaking around my mom, but once I moved out at 17, I smoked about a pack a day.

Now, every once in a while, I "forget" that I don't smoke. I know that is Satan lying to me saying things like:

"wouldn't it be nice to smoke one right now?"
"OK, finished eating, so where's my smokes?" :blahblah:

Well I recognise those as what they are...LIES. I rebuke him every time he tries to lie to me and tempt me. :armor: Because when he's not tricking me...I don't want it. I DO NOT SMOKE ANYMORE. :a3:

christian_m0mmy

Postby jln on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 am

Praise God for your huge victory!!!! I love the things that were in the video(?) that helped you to stop! How powerful!! And forever after God will get glory for this! Yay!
jln

Postby christian_m0mmy on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Well, just to update, I am still not smoking. I've been offline a while so I haven't been here in a couple of weeks or so, but I wanted to let you all know Jesus is still working.

I haven't even gained a pound! I don't feel the need to eat constantly or snack all the time. I have even found myself not drinking as much coffee as before. I have only drank coffee about 4 times in the last two weeks! when before, I didn't wanna open my eyes if the coffee wasn't made already. And if we were out of sugar....everyone dodged Mommy cuz she couldn't have her coffee.

But that's gone too. I still like coffee and find it a nice relaxing treat, but no more "gotta have it, gotta have it, gotta gotta gotta" anymore.

AIN'T JESUS AMAZING?!?!

I love Him, not because of this, just because...

christian_m0mmy

Return to Testimonies