Bring you up to date

Bring you up to date

Postby carpentersdaughter on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:50 am

Hello all,

Most of you don't know me but some will. I use to moderate here little over a year ago.

For almost five years, the doctor had me on percocet for cronic pain due to MS, and other problems.

The doctor started me on twenty mill a day, then gradually put me on fifty mill a day. When the fifty mill stopped working, I took that extra pill a day to just try and stay normal and not go into withdrawel.

This up and down hell went on for a year before I quit here a mod, and FP all together.

I was in a battle that I've never had to go through before, and believe me, it wasn't easy.

Being a Believer, how could I have gotten into this mess?

No matter how, it happened, and up untill April 21, 2007, I struggled with addiction, and pleading to God for help to stop.

Finally, on Aprl 21st, I ran out of pills and decided, no matter what, I wasn't going to my doctor for a refill. Of which he would have done.

By that afternoon on the 21st, I will in such agony, it scared me to death for the way my body was reacting.

I went to a clinic for help. Not to get pills, but hopefully something to ease the withdrawals.

This doctor had a heart of stone. He told me he wasn't going to do anything for me and to go home and tuff it out. Even though he said I needed to be in a hospital.

Well, my husband gave me a hug and we went home. I sat in my chair in a fetal position, thinking how stupid I was to get myself into this position.

Now, as my body was going through Hell, the Holy Spirit ministered to my heart, and kept quoting scripture to keep my mind from going insane.

I knew I wasn't going to get out of this without pain, and knew that I had to reap what I had sown.

But in God's infinite love, he stayed with me and made his presence known to help me through this very difficult time.

I don't see how anyone could go through anything like that without knowing God to help and comfort in such a time.

I never took these drugs to get high, and always took what I should at the proper time, but what I did do was take more a day then I should have, and that was where it began.

It's been 45 days since that last pill, and I still have symptoms and some withdrawalsl, but doing so much better.

Well, just wanted to let those of you who are still around as to why you haven't seen me for a while.

I thank and Praise my God for the love, kindness and support He gave to me during this time.

In His Love,
Linda
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby Sherree on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am

Am thanking God for you, Linda, and for your testimony. We had a great team way back then, didn't we? Boards and moderators change for whatever reasons, and I'm surely glad you decided to come back!

Me and Cary mostly just lurk, now. If you remember, I have Lupus. I stepped down as mod, too, and one of the reasons was the Lupus. Too much stress that kept it flared up all the time. That's why I mostly lurk instead of posting.

Anyway, I could not let this opportunity to say "hello" pass by!

You hang in there! God will finish what He has started in your life!!!

Sherree
Sherree

Sherree

Postby soonverysoon on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:06 pm

I am happy for you. You took a big step in trusting God and we all know faith is what makes Him happy. I pray Jesus will heal you and bless you.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Thank you.

Postby carpentersdaughter on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Sherree and Soonverysoon,

Soooooooooooooo happy to hear from you. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am so gratefull for your words of encouragement. Seems like I've come alive again, and am so gratefull to God, and for folks like you guys.

Now, as to world events. It is so incredible what is going on, with prophecy moving at the speed of light.
:shock:

Right now my brain is trying to absorb all that is going on.

Love you guys,
Linda
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby OBXBob on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi Linda,

It's such a blessing to have you back on the board!

Praise the Lord for your recovery!!

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Sherree on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:45 pm

Linda, I know how you feel about trying to catch up on everything! I was flat of my back for seven weeks before and after back surgery. Then, after I could get up, I found that I could not sit here at the computer long enough to read or say much. I was in fits! When I finally got to the point where I could sit here and catch up on everything, I thought my brain would explode with all the info! Just take your time, girl.

Hugs...

Sherree
Sherree

Sherree

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Welcome back Linda, I am so happy to see you around here. I was sad when I did not see you around for awhile. I am praying for you, I understand addiction very well. Jesus will always help us weather the storm, and so will your brothers and sisters in Christ here on FP!
:hugs:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:11 pm

:praise: for helping you overcome your addiction, Linda. You've really been through the ringer. I'm so happy you've been set free! May the Lord continue to bless and comfort you as you gain strength in your sobriety. I sure do hope to see more of your posts, and Sherree's, too. :a2:

The one body that gets more beautiful the bigger it gets is the Body of Christ.
FreeInHim

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Linda,

Praise the Lord, that you have found healing of this addiction, I know how difficult pain can be, I still have reccurring pain and symtoms since having parvo in 2001, back then it was so bad they thought I had MS and Lupus, now I am doing far better. I pray that your pain will not drive you back into the cycle. That the strength of the Lord will hold you up and help you to endure.

God Bless and make yourself at home here again.

Resurrection Torchlight
Resurrection Torchlight

Return to Testimonies