Renewed Zeal for the Lord

Renewed Zeal for the Lord

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed May 30, 2007 7:38 am

God has been working in my life lately and I have longed to share it with someone, my friends and family kinda think I'm a little nuts. So here goes..

I have been saved for about 30 years. I grew up in a middle class home in the country in western NY. I had your typical dysfunctional family of the 1960's, My mom stayed home, my Dad worked third shift. Though we had our issues as a family, I basically had a happy childhood. In the 8th grade our family moved a little closer to suburbia, a friend I met led me to the Lord and to church. I have attended that same church since. I always believed that I had a strong faith, though I couldn't defend it very well and though I read the Word, I wasn't fluent in it. Maturity came for me in stages, and I expect it will continue in that way.

In 2001 I became seriously ill with Parvo Virus B19, I was sick for a week and ended up in the ER, They couldn't figure out what was wrong and sent me home. My primary doc found the problem a week later. For the next three years I suffered debilitating joint pain, neck pain, extreme fatigue, what I think were some form of seizure, and other odd symptoms. This too was a difficult time for me, the medical community could not help me, I had to wait on God for healing. Slowly my symptoms have improved and today I feel much better, although not completely back to normal. God used this experience to grow me as well. I gained sympathy for those who suffer physically, and God gave me a real concern for those who suffer chronic illness.

In about 2003/2004 I started having strange dreams and dejavu experiences. I had dreams about people I cared about dying or getting ill and in a relatively short time they would come true. It really freaked me out. I also had waking visions, or like flashes of dejavu, of events that were going to happen and that same day shortly afterwards, it would happen. Usually just dumb everyday stuff, nothing consequential.

This continued until this past winter. I picked up Larry Burkett's Book "The Coming Economic Earthquake" which had been sitting on our shelf for years. I read that he predicted an extreme economic downturn for our country, many of his predictions have already come true. This shook me up a bit. God brought back to my mind what I believe was a vision I had 15 years ago while building our home. Here is the vision:

I was working on the floor plans for our house when I got this picture of our home in it's completed state, the time of year was late fall, on the floor in our living room people were camped out in sleeping bags. Outside my husband and some other folks were guarding the house with guns. In the vision I was not much older. I had the distinct feeling that God was going to use my home as a refuge for others during a coming time of crisis.

I had completely laid this vision aside, I remember thinking about it when Y2K came around, but when nothing came of it I just chalked it up to an overactive imagination.
Since the Lord brought this back to me, I could not shake a growing sense of urgency. I began perusing the net to see if my thoughts and Burkett's idea of an economic meltdown were justified. To my surprise, I found that many economists, politicians and investors feel we are headed very swiftly into another depression. So I began to wonder if this could play into the end times somehow, and embarked on a several month long study of scripture concerning the prophecy's of end times.

Up until this time I had never really had much success in putting together a study of the Bible, I had tried and come away feeling inadequate. Sure I had read the Word and it spoke to me. But this was entirely different, I could not stop myself, I almost felt compelled. God's Word came alive to me in a way I have never known before. It was as if the Holy Spirit guided me to each passage. As I tried to confirm my thoughts on the end times, I sought additional info on the net, which led me to this site.

here is a link to a timeline I posted in the pre-trib forum

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=27100&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying that I have the one true answer about the end times, I still have doubts about this whole experience and am open to criticism, I just really feel that God directed me. It is the only way I can explain it to myself, because on my own I am not capable of putting something like this together. I do not know why God has allowed me to see these things, I just made myself available to Him and I have found a renewed zeal for His Word and His Work. I still question myself and wonder if I'm completely off base. But God always seems to confirm that I'm on the right path. I have never felt so close to the Lord as I do now, I am excited and afraid at the same time. The awesomeness of God causes me to pause and takes my breath away.

Resurrection Torchlight
Last edited by Resurrection Torchlight on Fri May 09, 2008 9:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Passion on Thu May 31, 2007 12:35 pm

:shock: What an awesome testimony, Stacey! I don't think you're a crackpot.

One shocker, though--you actually had Parvo? Like dogs can get? I didn't know humans could get that...
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu May 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your testimony, Resurrection Torchlight! I know how it is to have something inside that just has to burst out! I'd enjoy reading your essay, and will get to the link you posted this weekend.

I'm so happy to have you with us on the board.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu May 31, 2007 7:56 pm

One shocker, though--you actually had Parvo? Like dogs can get? I didn't know humans could get that...

It's not the same Parvo, it's a human strain, also known as B19 or fifths disease, which sometimes causes an immune disorder. For some people it eventually goes away, others have severe symptoms for many years. It is incurable. Kids can get it and completely recover in a couple weeks. I consider myself fortunate to have recovered so well.

Thanks for the encouraging words

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu May 31, 2007 8:25 pm

I enjoyed reading your testimony as well, Stacey. I'm glad you decided to post it. The Lord uses many things in this life to bring us closer to Him. :grin:
Salty Skipper

Return to Testimonies