Okay, This is really intense, but I am ready to share it

Okay, This is really intense, but I am ready to share it

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 am

I pray to God, this will touch someone because it is so behind me now. I feel so driven to have written this and, oh my goodness, post it in public!
Okay, here it is, my testimony!

I was born in 1957, to a pedophile father in prison, and a mother who came from an abusive home. I was almost born in jail because my father robbed a gas station while my mother was in the car, and my mother went to jail too. Thank goodness they let her out to give birth to me! My mother endured many live- in men in her home growing up. (my grandmother never married then, just did the live-in thing.....4 kids, 4 different fathers) My mother began enduring sexual abuse at a very early age. This was in the 1950’s, when that was shunned and ignored. My grandmother came from a broken home too, stemming from a high 33rd level Mason.. He had a Christian burial, followed by a mason burial with all the demonic rites cited. It is all documented, I have the obit if you would like. He was a member of the Knights of the Templar, and a Big time Shriner. My mother left her home @ 14 yrs and married my father to get out. He went to prison while she was pregnant with me for robbery and raping a 9 yr old girl. My only full blooded sister was born 3 ½ yrs later. My mother divorced him when I was about 3 yrs old. She married my stepfather right away. They had 2 more live girls together (and 8 miscarriages or still borns). He also came from an abusive home, but this was physical beatings
Folks, I got the best of both worlds. Sexual abuse, and physical beatings. Had I been seen in a hospital these days with the strap marks on my back, butt, legs, and face, my parents would have lost parental rights. Had there been someone to recognize a sexually abused child, I may have received help. But that did not happen. I learned to both fear and hate the world.....and all who lived there.
Amazingly enough, I was so intelligent that I sailed through grade school. The teachers did not know what to do with me. They let me study beyond my grade (this was before talented and gifted classes). My mother had my IQ tested, and I scored 165! This went so far, then I became bored.
In the 5th grade, my parents put me in a catholic school (my stepfather was catholic), and I was so unruly and rebellious. I was in fierce fights every day. I played sports. The girls hated my talents. I had been accustomed to playing sports with the local boys, so I had become very tough. The girls did not understand this. I had no understanding of emotional states of girls, and I did not want to. I was the Tomboy your mother had nightmares about!
The Catholic school advised my parents, I should not return for the 6th grade. I went back to public school. The 6th grade teacher I had was very embolden to encourage a few of us to study at our own pace. We did. I was actually enjoying school again. Straight A’s all the way. But like everything else......All good things must end.......
One night, in the middle of the night, while at my grandmother’s house due to the heat in our home being broken, Our home, and everything we had, burnt to the ground. I actually woke up before the phone call to my grandmother, the first clue that I would have dreams. I knew what happened and went back to sleep without being told.
I was never a normal girl. This fire took the life of my only friend.....my Rat. I always had a report with animals, and this actually shook my hardened heart!
My mother, decided to contact my biological father after the fire. She wanted him to know “we were okay”. Since I was so young during his trials, I never knew he was a pedophile. My mother failed to inform me of this before she granted visitation rights.
From the age of 11-14, I endured my real father’s molestations and rapes, and my stepfather’s beatings! Then my mother forced me to testify against my biological father for rape. In those days, the victim was persecuted! I HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!
I ran away, I started stealing, doing drugs, drinking, sleeping around . I will not go into the details, but in 1973 I was sentenced to a reform school in Oregon. I spent 2 yrs in high security there. I was remanded to adult court for attempted murder and several counts of burglary and robbery after an escape from there. The people dealing with me knew that I was intelligent, and they somehow held out hope in me! They went to bat for me. I had already tattooed my body beyond belief, and through the state I had allowed them to try and remove them, leaving hideous scars. Although they are recovered with beautiful art, I still live with them everyday as I write this. Charges were dropped and they paroled me @ 17 yrs old to my biological father! He never tried to touch me again. I was seeking to be emancipated when I met an adult male who I though was for real. I was pregnant with my first child right away. When I refused an abortion, the father tried to beat me to death. I escaped and went to a home for unwed mothers. I met my first husband while I resided there. It was a great home, but not much in way of discipline.....so of course, I took advantage.
I had my daughter in Dec 1975, 4 days before I turned 18. I married the “nice guy” I met when my daughter was 3 weeks old. He was willing to accept her. Of course, when I became pregnant right away.....things changed. I had a medical condition with this one that rendered me bed ridden. If I dared to get up, I would bleed profusely. I felt rejected again when my husband demanded I abort. I refused. I turned to someone I never knew. I begged for mercy. I prayed everyday to Jesus Christ. I had no idea who he was, I only had heard his name when in catholic school. But I was desperate.
When I was 5 weeks from delivering, I had a major bleed. They rushed me into ultrasound because the clots I was passing were the size of your fist. I suddenly stopped.......The ultrasound showed I was normal. The doctors were all saying “it is a miracle” I never grasped the whole scope of it ( I had a Placenta previa). I was released against medical advice due to the fact I was 4 cm dilated. ( my husband refused me to stay) I delivered a healthy baby boy 2 weeks later, (11 1/2 mo. after my first child) although my hemorrhaging afterwards caused me to stay in the hosp, later having my tubes tied (at 18, this was rare) End of child bearing!
Now come in post partum depression, something nobody knew about. I had nightmares every night....they were paralyzing, some demonic. I could not function. I hated my life and after hearing the bitter words of accusations from this man I married. I left. The chief of police took me out of this isolated town.....and of course, tried to seduce me. I WAS SO SICK OF PEOPLE!
I spent the next 3 yrs fighting custody in my divorce (my ex happened to re-marry a freak who worked for child protective services) I could spend a lot of time on what happened here. Bottom line is, I lost custody of my son, but my daughter was not his, so I raised her......and my son grew up thinking I had abandoned him. It bit me later, believe me! I spent 5 yrs with an alcoholic, abusive man who almost beat me to death many times. His ex killed his 2 yr old son, and then blamed me for interfering in her relationship! I was so grief stricken with the loss of this child I helped raise. I left him and started stripping to raise my daughter. Shortly after I started traveling, I had a premonition that something bad happened in my family. Coming home from a dancing contract on the Oregon coast. The closer I got, the worse it got. I had my babysitter go to my door when I got home. There was a note on it. Call my grandmother. My sister’s son had been beaten to death at 18 mo. old! To this day, no one has been charged with that crime.
I almost drank myself into oblivion, I started shooting meth. I met a cook in the “good ole days” when I was stripping for a living. I prostituted myself....but I never really gave myself over. I lived with him for 5 yrs. I was hooked on meth and heroin. I was on stage in Alaska when I looked at the audience and decided I had enough. I went o NA and AA and left everything behind. I was going to get clean or die.....I knew it!
I went back to Oregon and made a few more mistakes. Then I started having revelations and visions. I got scared.
This could become a novel, but I will make it short. I tried to walk right in the eyes of my newly found God. I began having spiritual warfare right away. I remarried a couple times, but my last husband left me for a teenage boy. (guess it is true you marry someone like your father). That all right after I was delivered a death sentence, oh yeah, I have chronic active Hepatitis C from all my drug use. I had 2 full courses of treatment, chemotherapy that failed! Folks, I have been to the pit and back.
I will say this....I love God and Jesus with all my heart, no matter what. I am married now to a man who has a true heart, but he is manic depressive. That is okay, compared to what I have seen, he is truly an honest man who loves God. I love him with all my heart! I endure spiritual warfare every single day of my life. I am used to it by now. God MUST have a purpose for me. The dreams and visions I have are sometimes so intense, I cannot share them. But I have hope and faith. I know for a fact that these are the end times for the world. I may be damaged goods, but I have Love in my heart in spite of all that has happened......that my friends is a miracle. He came to save the broken, there are not many more broken than I. If he can save me, he most certainly can save you.
Amazing grace has a very deep meaning......listen, seek, trust, Jesus is Lord.

Candy
Last edited by Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Foot note

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:39 am

To any of you who feel sorry for me DON'T
Jesus said to those who overcome, I will give you everlasting life. THAT IS ME!
I am not seeking pity, only responding to the Lord's command here.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 am

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found, I once was blind but now I see

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come
Twas grace hath brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home

When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise than when we'd first begun.

:blessyou: :praise:
AndCanItBe

Postby JR on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:51 am

I also came from a physical abusive step father. I was spared the level you endured, but I understand to a point what you have been through.

My testimony is below, I think some of it will sound familiar. Just click on the How I got here link.

Why am I doing this?

How I got here.

Fruit bearing

The second vision

What I am pointing to?

What is your purpose?

I share these with you, because of the common experience of having visions and trying to encourage you regarding a purpose. This world has caused you tremendous pain and, wanted or not, I am sorry for that. No child or adult should have to endure that, but God can use it. You have visions, find some one that can help you interpret them (if you do not know their interpretation).

Regarding a purpose, you have a very unusual back ground. Intelligence with tremendous tragedy. To me, that seems like a rare combination of experience and gifts. When you add to that visions, I think God has a real purpose to this. I am not sure what, but I do not believe He will want to waste it. You have something to accomplish for the Lord. Seek His will and His purpose. He can be trusted.

I believe we are in the end times. I have shared my testimony and visions (only 2 and I am not really seeking anymore) because I want us all to be ready and busy when our Lord returns.

May God continue to remind you of His love for you.

:angel:
JR

Postby Watching & waiting on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:23 am

You are such an overcomer!!! It reminded me of the verse " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Halleluiah & praise the Lord for all that he can do for us broken human beings.
Isaiah 40:31 But those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Watching & waiting

Postby Watching & waiting on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 am

:bowing: :sohumble:
Isaiah 40:31 But those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Watching & waiting

candy

Postby Navymom :) on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:06 pm

Candy I cannot even fathom what pain you have endured. Girl you need to write a book on how to overcome so much pain. Thank God you are still here to say how much you love the Lord.

Thank you for sharing. It truely amazes me how much suffering a parent can put their kids through.

I pray that God will bless you beyond measure for the rest of your days.

Your sister in Christ
Navymom :)

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:13 pm

:sofa:
Thank you for not judging me, I was terrified to post this. If I wrote a book, it would be too big to publish :blahblah:
I just hope it will help someone. :wink:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:30 pm

You are a survivor for sure, Candy. God will use your testimony for someone who has lost all hope.

Only in Him can we find true peace and rest - Thank you for sharing your testimony; it was such a blessing for me to read.

Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby beeps on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:34 am

God has a special mercy for those of us who have suffered so cruelly in our childhoods i believe. We are clean now. Love in Yeshua to you candy
beeps

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:15 pm

Thank you for your testimony, Candy. This world is in such a state. Thank the Lord for saving us! I hate suffering so much. Praise the Lord that He can heal. Thank you again.
Salty Skipper

Postby kat on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:09 am

God Bless you Candy for having the courage to post your testimony!!! Amazing Grace has special meaning for me as well...which is why I tattooed it to my wrist....I think you and I discussed that already....but it was awesome to read your testimony...your strength to open up to all of us...and bare your soul!!! I feel for you....and understand where you are coming from....been there...not to the extreme that you have...but grew up as a pawn for sick men...grew up feeling like my purpose in life was to please men...YUCK!!! Still have issues sometimes with that...But....I ended up using my past....when I was ready...to help others and worked for a few years as a dv/sa counselor....and now still work in protecting children. I sincerely applaud you!!!! You have been to hell and were refined by the fire....and made pure by the love and grace of Jesus!!! Keep looking to our Savior for guidance....and strength....Through HIM you will be healed!!! Your Sister in Christ, Kate :hugs:
kat

Postby gospeltract on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:24 pm

Candy,

I also want to thank you for sharing Jesus through your testimony. Thank you. You have really encouraged me. One day we will all be with Jesus and the nightmares of this world will be left behind; I can't wait.

We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
One gospel tract: $.15
One envelope: $.08
One first class stamp: $.44
Sharing the gospel with the possibility of someone coming to Christ: PRICELESS!
gospeltract

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:47 pm

kat wrote:...But....I ended up using my past....when I was ready...to help others and worked for a few years as a dv/sa counselor...

Wow! So did I, kat! I was a victim advocate for 10 years down here in Florida!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Wow Kat! :hugs: Your post reminds me that I am not the only one who has endured those same feelings about myself!!!!!!! Sometimes I need to hear that. I have always been told I should get involved with helping people as a counselor. I know myself well enough to know that I would be so empathetic, that I would likely rise in anger if it was a career. Maybe someday God will call me to do that, but he has made it clear to me when I pray about, that that was not where he was sending me at this time. I know better than to try to open a door by my own will. :scared This is true for me as well:
grew up feeling like my purpose in life was to please men...YUCK!!! Still have issues sometimes with that..
I still do too, but God is dealing with me on this matter :a2:
I sincerely applaud you!!!! You have been to hell and were refined by the fire....and made pure by the love and grace of Jesus!!!
This applies to you as well Kat!!!!!!! :angel:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Calvin and Hobbs on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:24 pm

:a3:
Beautifull story of Jesus..
and how he found you and saved you :banana: :banana:

we all had a journey ....yours was further

You just gained my deepest heartfound respect.

Your brother in Christ
Calvin and Hobbs

Postby soonverysoon on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:21 pm

I am so glad that God came and put on flesh (Jesus). Jesus beat all the devil could dish out. Praise God, may the Lord Jesus free you from anything that would hold you back. Because you must have a very special work to do for the Lord.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:52 pm

Bless you, Candy, and thank you for sharing your story!
I though I had it sort of bad...what I had was really nothing at all.

I praise your strength, courage, and most of all your faith in the Lord!
Stay strong in faith always, sister! God loves you.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby simplemod400 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:35 am

I really don't know what to say about a testimony like this. The old saying that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger definately holds true for you. It's wonderful that you have found Jesus. May God bless you. Thank you for sharing your testimony.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
simplemod400

Postby drsone on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm pretty late in reading this post but it has been such a blessing to me, I was weeping by the end of it. I have not been through even one tenth of what you have, but I am also someone who thought I was completely broken and beyond repair.

Thank you so much for being brave enough to share, God bless you sister!

:armor:
drsone

Postby Lookfortruth on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Thank you for all the responses. I was hesitant to share it, but I am glad it has blessed so many. I am also very humbled. Please understand that there was not anything I could have done to land on the path I have. That was soley the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I am so grateful that Jesus found me worth lifting up and out of the horrible circumstances that he did. If anything could prove to me that Jesus will leave the flock to save one sheep......this has. I could never had changed my heart, only Jesus was capable of that kind of transformation. We just all need to remember to be patient for those are yet to come to the fullness of the truth. :grin:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Passion on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Candy, you are NOT "damaged goods"!!!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come."2Cor. 5:17

I often quote this verse to myself when I'm haunted to horrible memories of my past; my abusive childhood, although nothing compared to yours (btw, my dad is also a 33rd degree Mason, Shriner, Scottish Rite, etc. He's mellowed and changed a lot since I was a kid and we get along fine now, but still...I pray for him to get out of those organizations!); my slutty living as a teen and young adult; two failed marriages, two abortions....etc., etc. Yuck. There's not a day goes by that that jerk Satan doesn't throw something in my face....but I just quote that verse and then I'm o.k. I have been washed clean and made new. I am not that person I was before Jesus took over, and neither are you!

Thank you, thank you, for sharing your testimony with us. Just a thought re. writing a book: since you didn't seem too thrilled with that idea...have you ever thought of a blog? One of the members on this board gave me the idea, since I'm not very good at witnessing in person--I get so tongue-tied--but, where God didn't give me a gift of verbal gab, He made up for it by giving me the ability to express myself much better with the written word than I can when I speak (I can identify with poor Moses! :roll: ) I think some other FP members have these types of blogs, too.

Just a thought. :hugs:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby lahalbo on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 pm

I've posted this before but it bears repeating.

A quote from a lady who gave her testimony in church:

Satan knows my past but I know his future.
lahalbo

Postby Lookfortruth on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:07 pm

lahalbo wrote:I've posted this before but it bears repeating.

:banana:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Lookfortruth on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:10 pm

Passion, I actually do have my story on my blog. :grin:
I had it on myspace blog, but deleted it when my boss signed on as a friend. There are some things they just do not need to know at work. Thanks for your kind words, I am not that person anymore for sure.....and I know why. It had nothing to do with me beyond my broken heart when I cried for his help. :a3:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Finaldash on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:33 am

WOW! With a testimony like that it is easy to "go back". I'm glad you have remained faithful. . You are such a blessing.

Praise Jesus.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:39 pm

lahalbo wrote:I've posted this before but it bears repeating.

:laugh: :clap2:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby laney on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Candy, that was the most inspiring testimonies I have ever read. I thought my life could not be beat and what all I have endured but you know, we all think that way sometimes. But there are many others even others that have suffered more than you. We live in a sad world. Thank you Jesus, for sparing Candy and may you bless her to be able to use her past to bring many to you in the future. God bless you Candy, I salute you! :grin:
laney

Postby ultimatum on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:34 pm

Candy, I would just like to thank you for having the courage to share such a testimony. I've been going through trials and one day I decided to drop by the testimonies part of the board to see what was going on and your testimony encouraged me and reminded me how great our God truly is.
Proverbs 16:33 We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.
ultimatum

Re:

Postby kyle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 am

Lookfortruth wrote::sofa:
Thank you for not judging me, I was terrified to post this. If I wrote a book, it would be too big to publish :blahblah:
I just hope it will help someone. :wink:

If you ever meet a group of professing Christians who judge you harshly because of your testimony, just run. The difference between a true Christian and most professing Christians is that the true Christian knows how rotten he is and the professing Christian thinks he's not that bad compared to other people (which I think is one of the main reasons Jesus was so popular with tax collectors, prostitutes, etc. - he didn't have to convince them of their sin, they already knew).

Every one of us is just as rotten (in our natural state) as each other. The only difference is that some of us express it in more "socially acceptable" or more destructive (to the physical body) ways.

The same applies for anybody else who has what they think of as a difficult testimony assuming that the testimony ends with repentance and faith (and if it doesn't, then it's still a work in progress hopefully :grin: )
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Re: Okay, This is really intense, but I am ready to share it

Postby mouserpg on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:12 am

You are much more brave than I am. I could not possibly post my full testimony here. There are things I don't want anyone to know.
Isaiah 55:6-7 wrote:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
mouserpg

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:29 am

You said you "may be damaged goods". But that's not true, not from God's perspective. Even if our earthly tents become damaged, it's OK because they are passing away. Our souls only become more pleasing to God as they become refined by the fire. Like gold!
extravagantchristian

Postby mouserpg on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:You said you "may be damaged goods". But that's not true, not from God's perspective. Even if our earthly tents become damaged, it's OK because they are passing away. Our souls only become more pleasing to God as they become refined by the fire. Like gold!

:a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3: :a3:
Isaiah 55:6-7 wrote:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
mouserpg

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

mouserpg wrote:You are much more brave than I am. I could not possibly post my full testimony here. There are things I don't want anyone to know.

I am surprised this old thread came back up. Mouser, I am not brave.....just obedient. Whatever you think, the enemy would like to make you believe you must hide, but, the truth is, shedding light on our secrets.....makes the enemy powerless. It may just mean you should share things with a friend, and put any darkness into light! Love you brother! :hugs:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby longing on Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 am

Wow what a life testamony of Gods never ending Love. I too was abused as a child by a close aunt of mine and did it ever do a number on my mind. It is only now after 30yrs that I am able to say that I have overcome the effects of the sexual abuse and it has been with the help of my Heavenly Father who knows everything about me and my life. He knew it from the beginning up until I pass from this life into the next. God bless you Candy and I pray that He will use our past to help others who will go through things similar. God bless and keep the faith
Just any day now His face I'll see
longing

Return to Testimonies