Plalgum the painter

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

Plalgum the painter

Postby plalgum on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am

Hi folks,
I was made redundant about a year ago,and not having a trade skill and being over fifty had made looking for gainful employment very tough.I have empathised with others on this forum who where in the same boat,the uncertainty and worry can take its toll.With the prospect of no real job in the offing i am endevouring to turn a weekend hobby into a career.I like painting,so i have taken the plunge and cashed in my pension!I hope that the money will sustain me until i can make a living from painting pictures.
My Nephew Dean has kindly designed a web site for me and each day i go to work on a small painting which i then post on the site for all to see.So far things have been going well and i have sold 8 pictures, though at very low prices!It is enough to keep me encouraged.
Would the good folk of FP mind if i post my web site address so that you can take a look for yourselves?
plalgum

Re: Plalgum the painter

Postby burien1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 am

Please do ! If not allowed, please PM me.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby plalgum on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:35 am

burien1 wrote:Please do ! If not allowed, please PM me.

Thankyou Burien,
I thought to add that some of my paintings have christian meaning in them,all my work in paint is done for the glory of God!
I will send you a PM until i have an ok from admin.
plalgum

Postby burien1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 pm

WoW ! I was shocked. You are very talented. Your grasp of light on glass is incredible. And the metal pitcher and the plums looked like I was looking at a photograph. God has given you a wonderful talent. I pray that he blesses the fruit of your labor, and you bring glory to him. If I could afford it, I`d buy a painting from you. And I`m a very picky decorator.
I don`t think you`ll regret cashing out your pension. All good gifts come from above.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby aaron on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm a painter too, my work is mainly abstract landscapes. Please pm me and I'll send you my website as well.
:grin:
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby david on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Please PM me, my wife has been working on building a collection herself and would like to sell. It's always nice to see other works.

Thanks

david
david

Postby FreeInHim on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi plalgum, please pm me with you website, as well. And if I've read Board Rule #11 correctly, you CAN post your website in your profile.

Blessings
FreeInHim

Return to Dew Drop Inn