any LOST fans?

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

any LOST fans?

Postby kazbo on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm not sure if this the place to post this, but does anyone else here watch LOST?
kazbo

Re: any LOST fans?

Postby Jericho on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 am

I've watched it since the beginning, and pretty soon till the end!
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby mark s on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 am

I watched it the first two and a half or so seasons. I thought the first season was the best. Once the current season finishes, I might ask my brother to download the season for me to see what happens. So maybe I'd better not read here too much lest I spoil the surprise!

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jericho on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 am

mark s wrote:I watched it the first two and a half or so seasons. I thought the first season was the best. Once the current season finishes, I might ask my brother to download the season for me to see what happens. So maybe I'd better not read here too much lest I spoil the surprise!

Love in Christ,
Mark

The series finale ends sometime this year. Lost is one of those shows that if you don't watch from the beginning you really will be lost. :grin:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby kazbo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 pm

SwordofGideon wrote:I've watched it since the beginning, and pretty soon till the end!

Any theories on who Jacob and the MIB (or, Flocke) are? Did you watch this week's episode (The Substitute)?

I love LOST. I love the mystery of it and I love the characters. What a ride!
kazbo

Postby kazbo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

mark s wrote:I watched it the first two and a half or so seasons. I thought the first season was the best. Once the current season finishes, I might ask my brother to download the season for me to see what happens. So maybe I'd better not read here too much lest I spoil the surprise!

Love in Christ,
Mark

Oh no no no, Mark! You can't just pick up with the final season! You'll miss so much of the fun and anyway, it won't make any sense. You won't be able to see "what happens" - it'll just be a very confusing muddle. I mean, you have to know that they time-travelled (not too much of a spoiler there :wink: ) to get what's going on now. And you have to understand what Jacob's role has been. And so on...

I started watching it last year because a friend of mine kept raving about it (who unfortunately isn't up to date, so I can't discuss it with her) and managed to see all five seasons online for free. Hulu had almost everything (don't know if they still do...hold on......oh yes! Look, they have them all! : http://www.hulu.com/lost [scroll down]). If you started tonight maybe you could get caught up by next week's episode :mrgreen: .
kazbo

Postby Jericho on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 pm

kazbo wrote:
SwordofGideon wrote:I've watched it since the beginning, and pretty soon till the end!

Any theories on who Jacob and the MIB (or, Flocke) are? Did you watch this week's episode (The Substitute)?

I love LOST. I love the mystery of it and I love the characters. What a ride!

Yup I saw it. Jacob and the MIB remind me of Good vs Evil. Jacob being the good guy but I could be wrong.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

My sister and I followed it for quite awhile and then we got LOST! :mrgreen: Very confusing imo. If you missed even one episode, it was near impossible to keep up. We did enjoy it though.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:02 pm

The board gets pretty quiet on Tuesday nights.

:popcorn:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:21 pm

:lol:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

YES, I'm a LOST fan! Glad to see a thread on it.

At the end of last season, I was pretty sure LOST had developed into a Judeo-Christian metaphor for salvation, but now I'm not so sure. I also thought Ben might be a Jesus figure and Richard might be the Holy Spirit, but I don't think that anymore.

I think the man-in-black (MIB) is Esau, Jacob's half-brother.

Not at all sure about any scriptural connections with the smoke monster, though!

A few of the things I love about LOST that set it apart from most TV shows:

1. Characters being allowed to change--people we thought were evil have been shown to be good and vice versa
2. Flash-forwards
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Return to Dew Drop Inn