Hey Everyone! I'm New (:

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

Hey Everyone! I'm New (:

Postby amessenger4god on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello everybody,

I've been following the forums for a month or so. I guess it was about mid-summer that I really started having this gut feeling... well you know. :grin: And so I've been spending a lot of time catching up on my eschatology.

Everyone here seems to be really considerate, temperate and caring. I hope I can become part of the community! I sure could use a lot of prayer right now in my life!

Anyway, here I am:

Non-denominational (I attend a Christian church, church of Christ, Community church, and a Catholic church near my house from time to time)

I believe the argument between works vs faith can be settled with one word: GRACE. Faith and works come from ourselves, but grace comes from God in baptism when we are crucified and raised with Christ.

I have several brothers, some on the right track, some... not so much :(

My life and my family are officially dysfunctional... but I've grown, at least I think I've grown, so much in Christ because of it, and am happy that Jesus would deem me worthy to suffer for Him! :blessyou:

I'm in my last year of college and hopefully, I'll soon be graduating, if I can survive one more year with three particularly worldly roommates.

...And last, but not least: I'm both pre-trib and pre-wrath, they both make sense to me and I've heard good arguments on both sides. Time will tell. Preterism and post-trib make no sense in my view (but that's just me).

I also have a youtube channel with some videos. Maybe you all might enjoy them. Check out my new ones, which were done with a Star Wars theme: http://www.youtube.com/amessenger4god

Thank you everyone and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting in on the discussions!
David
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
amessenger4god

Re: Hey Everyone! I'm New (:

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:50 pm

:wavewelcome: to the board, amessenger4god! Thank you for that nice introduction and I hope you'll be very happy participating here. I'm not too partial :mrgreen:, but I think it's one of the nicest boards on the internet with lots of very knowlegeable students of the Bible!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Welcome to the FP family, amessenger4God !
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby nonymouse on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Welcome, AM4G.
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby aaron on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:20 pm

:welcome:
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Welcome! Praying that God will give you stength to shine for Him in your situation.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby soonverysoon on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Praying that God will bless you and the you will grow in Him and do His will. :hugs:

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby kazbo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:55 pm

Welcome, AM4G!

My life and my family are officially dysfunctional...

Back in the 80's (when the word 'dysfunctional' became established)I would visit a Messianic congregation occasionally and the minister pointed out during a talk that according to the current statistics, 95% of families were considered dysfunctional. Sooooooo, he said, that makes dysfunctional families the norm. :grin: Good point.

Grace is a beautiful thing! If you get the chance, Randy Alcorn's book "The Grace and Truth Paradox" is excellent, building on the Bible's statement that Jesus came full of grace and truth - both, equally. He discusses how churches (and believers) get off track when they lean to one or the other side too much - "truth" churches are legalistic, "grace" churches way too liberal. It's an interesting read.

Glad you joined!
kazbo

Postby plalgum on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:32 am

:grin:
"Hello"
plalgum

Postby JayCee on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:05 am

...and a 'Hello' from me too! Hope you will be very happy here. :wink:
JayCee

Postby proparent on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 pm

A warm and welcoming Ojibwe "Boozhoo" to you from Minnesota. My son, who is "Grets Sirob" on this board, is also 21! Looking forward to seeing you around the board!

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby Swayde on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Welcome! :hugs2:
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby lamb7 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

lamb7

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 am

Welcome to the group, and I hope you are able to stick around and watch prophecies unfolding right before your eyes with the rest of us. These are interesting and active times we are living in, no doubt!

May God Bless you !! :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby InNeedofaSavior on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 am

Welcome to the board!! :mrgreen:
Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee wheresoever thou goest.
InNeedofaSavior

Return to Dew Drop Inn