HI

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

HI

Postby SoftTouch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm

I guess I should introduce myself formally huh? :mrgreen: I wasn't sure where to do this until today when I found this section.

This is my Testimony:

Hi, I’m Debbie and I’m from Silver Spring, Maryland. That’s right outside of Washington, D.C.

I’m a stay-at-home Wife and Mother of a teenage son. I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior when I was very young. I grew up in the United Methodist Church, and went through ‘confirmation’ and ‘baptism’ (basically a drop of water on my forehead) at age 12. At age 13 (?) I began attending a Baptist Church during the summer (they sent a school bus around to bring kids from far and wide to their summer program) and it was there that I walked the “Romans Road” with one of the counselors. I “Thought” that’s all I had to do… I was Saved…. Right? Well, not necessarily as I’ve found out! There’s So Much More To It! (Yes, we Are Saved by Grace through Faith, but we have to Understand what exactly that means) You see I didn’t really understand the whole concept of “Sin” and “Repentance” and all that it means. Sure, I had admitted that I was a sinner and there was nothing I could do for myself to change that, but I don’t think I really understood in my heart of hearts just how grievous that really is to our Father in Heaven and the fact that I needed to Turn Away from that Sin! I went on to live my life, my way, and boy did I mess up!!!! I was Baptised again (this time by Immersion) at a Baptist Church in 1980, but I still had quite a long journey ahead of me before the Lord really opened up my eyes to HIS Truth!

It wasn’t until sometime in 1998 (I wish I could say I remember the date, but I don’t, just the experience, that I had a Truly Profound Experience with our Lord and Savior on a Very Personal Level. You see, I had ALMOST fallen for the New Age LIE that all roads lead to God. I was Heavily into the Beatles and especially George Harrison (who was an avid Hindu/Buddist follower), and although I prayed for Harrison to receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior on a regular basis, I was starting to believe that his religion was valid too (after all, I reasoned, he was seeking 'god' 'with heart and soul' - I was deceived). I had even managed to meet his sister (Louise) and had become friends with her through the couple of Beatlefests that I had worked. I had managed to meet quite a few of George Harrison’s personal friends through those Beatlefests and even became kind of well known to some of them. George's sister Louise and I even talked on the phone quite a bit. I was in deep.

Then I read a book trilogy called “Conversations with god” by New Age Guru Neal Donald Walsh that was claimed to be written by ‘automatic writing’ (I later found out this was an occult practice) and was really sucked into the LIES the book proclaimed. It said that Buddhism and Hinduism were much closer to what ‘god’ had originally intended for mankind then Christianity would ever be. It really bashed Christianity severely. I still can’t believe I read all three books!

At the end of the third book, something really strange happened. I actually HEARD an audible voice (I even looked up to see where it was coming from). I Knew it Was JESUS! This voice said to me “Those are LIES from the enemy, Come Back To Me!” I threw the books into the trash immediately. I was Immediately Convicted in my heart of how far I had strayed from Jesus. I spent the next three days on my hands and knees weeping before the Lord, crying out to him for forgiveness. Every sin I had committed to that point in time came flooding back to me and I asked forgiveness for each and turned away from them.

Up until this time I was also heavily into 'Partying' (Smoking Pot and Drinking). When the Lord convicted me of my sin, HE also TOOK AWAY All desire to 'Party' anymore! I am no longer a pot smoker or an alcoholic! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY!!!!!

The following week was just as strange as I kept hearing a voice in my head saying: – “My Name is Yeshua, My Name is Yeshua” over and over again until I finally said, “OK Lord, what do you want me to do?” (Yeshua is Hebrew for Jesus). I remembered a Messianic congregation (that’s Jewish and non-Jewish people who Believe that Yeshua (Jesus) IS the Messiah and God in the Flesh), that we had visited 5 years before and called to see where they were. Our family attended Son of David Messianic Congregation from 1999 to 2007. We've learned a LOT about the Jewishness of our Faith and our Lord and Savior (Not Judaism) and how the various Feasts and High Holy Days were pictures of what Messiah Jesus (did and) would fulfill. It has been a wonderful experience! We are now attending an Independent, Fundamental, Baptist Church where our son (Steven) is attending the BEST Christian School he’s been in yet – PRAISE GOD

I’ve spent the past couple of years on various Christian Message Boards fellowshipping with other Believers, but mostly Contending For The Faith against the Vast Array of False Teachings and Errors assaulting us nowadays. I have learned More of God’s Holy Word from this Contending then I have any other way! It hasn’t been Easy… in fact, at times it’s been quite painful, but I’m very grateful for the opportunities the Lord has brought me through these types of interaction. I’m learning more about dying to Self (as I mess up in how I deal with things); I’m hopefully learning How to communicate better as well! (This remains to be seen…) Being a stay at home mom can be a lonely job sometimes and I’m a bit of a hermit. Lack of social interaction has taken its toll on my ability to hold a conversation I’m afraid.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to new opportunities to Grow in HIS Word as We fellowship together and seek the Lord and His Kingdom first and foremost!

May God Bless each of us and open our eyes and our hearts to what HE has to tell us through HIS Word; and may He Bless this Message Board to HIS Glory, In Jesus Name, Amen
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:36
SoftTouch

Postby nonymouse on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Thank you for your testimony, ST.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby proparent on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Thankyou for sharing ST!!!! And welcome to the board. :blessyou:

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby SoftTouch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:39 pm

proparent wrote:Thankyou for sharing ST!!!! And welcome to the board. :blessyou:

Love, in Christ,
Lisa

Thank You Lisa :grin:

I must admit, I was starting to get a little nervous wondering if I was welcome or not :mrgreen:

You're the first to Welcome me here and I really appreciate it! :blessyou:
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
SoftTouch

Postby burien1 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:53 pm

:welcome: :wavewelcome: SoftTouch! Great Testimony. You`re going to be a great addition to the board!

YSIC
Last edited by burien1 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby SoftTouch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Thank you burien1 :grin:
SoftTouch

Postby soonverysoon on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:37 pm

:wavewelcome: :spin: :hugs: :banana: :hugs2:

Glad your here.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby SoftTouch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:54 pm

soonverysoon wrote::wavewelcome: :spin: :hugs: :banana: :hugs2:

Glad your here.

soonverysoon

LOL!!! Awww Thank You :hugs:

I love these smilies :lol:
SoftTouch

Postby JayCee on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:08 am

:welcome: Soft Touch, and thanks for sharing your testimony!

Many blessings

Jane
JayCee

Return to Dew Drop Inn