The Christ Clone Trilogy

The Christ Clone Trilogy

Postby Skywalker2B on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am

Has anyone else read these three books, collectively titled The Christ Clone Trilogy (In His Image, Birth of an Age, and Acts of God) by James BeauSeigneur? If so, what is your opinion about them? Did you like them? How do you think they compare to the Left Behind series?

As for me, I just finished listening to them on audio CD for the third time. This time, however, my kids were able to hear bits and pieces of them. In between I would update them on what was happening in the story. Just last night we all listened to the last chapter of the last book where the author gives an incredible idea about life in the Millenial Kingdom. To me, and I think to my kids, that is the best chapter in the entire trilogy and makes me yurn for Heaven. My son even broke down in sobs when I told him how close we are to "going home". You see, I'm a watcher. But not only a watcher, I for the past few years have also been telling people that "we're almost there". So much so, that most everyone that I know...including my wife and kids, think that I'm crazy. They see me constantly watching Glenn Beck and Hal Lindsey and listening to nothing but conservative talk radio. They hear me talk about the stuff I gleen from this site and Drudge and WND and how it all relates to prophecy. I've followed the "blood moon" theory and learned about the Jewish Feasts/Festivals. And...I've tried to tell as many people as I could about it all. But, since we're all still here...I'm obviously just a crazy person. Now, back to last night...when my son realized just how close we really are and that I'm really trying to get people to be ready and forget about "this world" and put their hope in Jesus he broke down in sobs and gained a new kind of love and understanding for me. I wouldn't trade that moment for anything! :) This morning he got up, hugged me, and said "He's coming soon" (which are the code words the tribulation believers use in the trilogy). The look in his eyes as he looked at me in a different light was priceless.

So, if you haven't read, or listened, to the books, I highly recommend them. My kids begged me to listen to them every time we got in the car. That said, I must caution those that will read/listen to the books, most of the characters in the book are unsaved and their language shows it. There are several scenes where there are bad words used (however, no use of the F-bomb...thankfully). There is also some homosexuality referenced...as well as other sexual behavior. After all, this is a story about the time before the Second Coming. Just a heads up.
Skywalker2B

Re: The Christ Clone Trilogy

Postby milo3 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

Skywalker2B wrote:Has anyone else read these three books, collectively titled The Christ Clone Trilogy (In His Image, Birth of an Age, and Acts of God) by James BeauSeigneur? If so, what is your opinion about them? Did you like them? How do you think they compare to the Left Behind series?

As for me, I just finished listening to them on audio CD for the third time. This time, however, my kids were able to hear bits and pieces of them. In between I would update them on what was happening in the story. Just last night we all listened to the last chapter of the last book where the author gives an incredible idea about life in the Millenial Kingdom. To me, and I think to my kids, that is the best chapter in the entire trilogy and makes me yurn for Heaven. My son even broke down in sobs when I told him how close we are to "going home". You see, I'm a watcher. But not only a watcher, I for the past few years have also been telling people that "we're almost there". So much so, that most everyone that I know...including my wife and kids, think that I'm crazy. They see me constantly watching Glenn Beck and Hal Lindsey and listening to nothing but conservative talk radio. They hear me talk about the stuff I gleen from this site and Drudge and WND and how it all relates to prophecy. I've followed the "blood moon" theory and learned about the Jewish Feasts/Festivals. And...I've tried to tell as many people as I could about it all. But, since we're all still here...I'm obviously just a crazy person. Now, back to last night...when my son realized just how close we really are and that I'm really trying to get people to be ready and forget about "this world" and put their hope in Jesus he broke down in sobs and gained a new kind of love and understanding for me. I wouldn't trade that moment for anything! :) This morning he got up, hugged me, and said "He's coming soon" (which are the code words the tribulation believers use in the trilogy). The look in his eyes as he looked at me in a different light was priceless.

So, if you haven't read, or listened, to the books, I highly recommend them. My kids begged me to listen to them every time we got in the car. That said, I must caution those that will read/listen to the books, most of the characters in the book are unsaved and their language shows it. There are several scenes where there are bad words used (however, no use of the F-bomb...thankfully). There is also some homosexuality referenced...as well as other sexual behavior. After all, this is a story about the time before the Second Coming. Just a heads up.

Hey Skywalker2B,

I really enjoyed your family story, very cool.

I have read this series and it is an absolutely amazing series. I loved it and it absolutely crushes the left behind series. I of course, don't see things from a pre-trib perspective which these books are, but I still really enjoyed them. They are very well written and the author has a well thought out and researched story line. I would highly recommend to any end time fiction buffs.

milo3
milo3
Supporting Member

Re: The Christ Clone Trilogy

Postby Skywalker2B on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks, milo. Anyone else read it or listen to it?
Skywalker2B

Return to Links and Books Share