Unmasking the Spirit of Jezebel

Postby jgilberAZ on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Just wondering if anyone had read this book and could offer an opinion.

Product Description
With keen insight, John Paul Jackson peers through the enemy's smokescreen and exposes one of the most deceptive snares used to destroy the Church. In this eye-opening book, the author challenges Christians to embrace God's divine order and seeks to strengthen God-breathed intercession and prophetic ministry that bears the marks of humility, wisdom, and discernment. "Unmasking the Jezebel Spirit" is biblically anchored and seasoned with years of divine revelation and thoughtful reflection

2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Re: Unmasking the Spirit of Jezebel

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Jeff,

After doing a little research on the author, he appears very much like those involved in the Apostolic/Prophetic Movement. I'd stay far away myself.

http://www.streamsministries.com/index.php?page_id=46

Advanced Prophetic Ministry Course Description

By the end of this course, you will:

* Know what prophecy is and why it’s important to the church today
* Be able to discern the different ways God speaks
* Activate your revelatory gifts, such as the discerning of spirits and words of knowledge
* Know how to avoid common pitfalls in the prophetic
* Know how to effectively and confidently deliver a prophetic word
* Be acquainted with protocol for prophetic ministry
* Be familiar with team ministry dynamics
* Be familiar with Prophetic Ministry teams

I'm very leery of people who offer to "train" others in activating the gifts of the Holy Spirit within themselves. This man holds seminars to train in the areas of interpreting dreams, visions, and prophecy.

Understanding Dreams and Visions Seminar:

* Introduction to Visions
* Biblical Terminology for Dreams and Visions
* History of Dreams from God
* Dreams: God's Night Parables
* Basic Types and Symbols
* Intuitive Dream Recording
* Basic Interpretation Skills
* Dream Functions
* 20 Categories of Dreams
* Spectrums of Light
* Parabolic Principles in Dreams
* Elements of Dreams
* Colors in Dreams
* Five Ways of Recording Dreams
* How to Remember Your Dreams
* Developing Your Dream Vocabulary

He seems to be a self-proclaimed prophet:

Prophetic Bulletin from John Paul Posted on September 19, 2008

I originally wrote this Prophetic Bulletin for the Streams Ministries Partners at the beginning of August. At the urging of my Board, I am now making it a public Prophetic Bulletin. When I first wrote it, little did I know the events that were soon to happen concerning Todd Bentley, the Gulf Hurricanes, Russia’s invasion of Georgia, the trains that would collide near Los Angeles, Sarah Palin’s nomination and the stir that would cause, or September 15’s Stock Market plunge. All of these are early elements of what the Lord called “The Coming Perfect Storm.”

In fact, he is listed here as one of the Kansas City Prophets:

Kansas City Prophets

Some of those who shaped the current Apostolic-Prophetic Movement in the United States were based in Kansas City, Kansas and became known as the "Kansas City Prophets". Members of this group were Bill Hamon, Rick Joyner, Paul Cain, Bob Jones, Mike Bickle, James Goll, John Paul Jackson, and Lou Engle. Cain had participated in the Voice of Healing Revival initiated by William Branham during the 1950s. The Kansas City Prophets continue to be active in ministry throughout North America and are often seen and heard as speakers at charismatic Christian conferences and meetings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic- ... c_Movement
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks.

It appears that check in my spirit was valid.

Please pray for me and my church.

Thanks,
Jeff
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:08 am

uh oh.... sure will, Jeff.

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:56 pm

:praying: for you and for your church.
This thread brought a smile to my face. What a blessing to get the "check into this" nudge, and what a blessing that we act on those. We are blessed to be loved by such a wonderful Father.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby MaranathaYeshua on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:16 am

jgilberaz,

I am interested in searching this out as well for the Lord speaks to the church at Thyatira in Revelation and says
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols." (Rev 2:20)
It is interesting in Jezebel and the Jezebel spirit was the enemy of the prophets and the spirit of prophecy (I Kings).
MaranathaYeshua

Return to Links and Books Share