Thought Provoking Site for Bible Study

Thought Provoking Site for Bible Study

Postby AtHisFeet on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 am

Earlier last year I stumbled upon a site that has really challenged what I have always been taught in the churches I've attended. Not only are all the articles thought provoking, the questions and answers at the end of each article are as well. I have been so blessed by this site that I just had to share this great resource and encourage anyone that disagrees with the author, Don Samdahl, to post questions to him themselves.

Here's the site:

http://www.doctrine.org

Enjoy!

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Tim. 2:15
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Tim. 2:15 )
AtHisFeet

Re: Thought Provoking Site for Bible Study

Postby SueAnn on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Athisfeet,
Thank you so much for sharing this website link with us.
I have been reading his articles every night. What a fabulous teacher he is. I have learned so much and I am hungry to learn more.

Again, thanks for bringing this teacher to my attention.
Sue Ann
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Yes, thank you, AtHisFeet. I've read several that I found very good and learned some things I didn't know. It's always a good thing when studies make you think and can lead to a new perspective and understanding. :grin:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby AtHisFeet on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi SueAnn and Abiding,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the articles. They have helped and blessed me immensely in my study of the Word. :-)

AtHisFeet
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Tim. 2:15 )
AtHisFeet

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:53 am

I also wanted to thank you for the link. I am taking advantage of the resource as well.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sonbeam on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 am

While there might be something to learn from this site, personally I would stay away from it because of what
the author says in the article he titles Jesus vs Paul here:

http://doctrine.org/jesus-vs-paul/

and also because of rebuttals here which I agree with:

Rebutting Brian McLaren’s Latest Heresies: Was Paul’s Gospel Different Than Jesus’ Gospel?

http://www.extremetheology.com/2010/02/ ... ospel.html

and here:

https://carm.org/questions/other-questi ... same-thing

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:48 pm

:cry: There is so much "bad stuff" on the planet ....I understand why Jesus asked when He returns, will He find faith.....it makes me so sad that He asked...but I totally get it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 pm

I have been reading one article a day on the site. I have not found one word...NOT ONE...that raises my hackles.
The site is a good one. VERY good.

No warning of the site is necessary.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby AtHisFeet on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 am

Sonbeam, I have found the articles written by Mr. Samdahl to be very well supported by scripture. Can you please share specifically what you have found in the article Jesus vs Paul that you don't believe is scriptural?
AtHisFeet

Postby AtHisFeet on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:50 am

GodsStudent wrote:I also wanted to thank you for the link. I am taking advantage of the resource as well.

Good to hear that you too are reading the articles, GodsStudent.
AtHisFeet

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:17 am

AtHisFeet wrote:Sonbeam, I have found the articles written by Mr. Samdahl to be very well supported by scripture. Can you please share specifically what you have found in the article Jesus vs Paul that you don't believe is scriptural?

It is clear that you are a much more patient person than I am. :wink:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Sonbeam on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:46 am

Sonbeam wrote:While there might be something to learn from this site, personally I would stay away from it because of what

Rebutting Brian McLaren’s Latest Heresies: Was Paul’s Gospel Different Than Jesus’ Gospel?

and here:

sonbeam

Hi AtHisFeet and Sue Ann,

Did you have a chance to visit the urls I posted? And I assume you first read what the author of the site you are recommending said in the article he titles Jesus vs Paul.

The rebuttals are very thorough, and I agree with their basic premise that Jesus and Paul preached the same gospel. And it is your choice to agree with them or not.

:blessyou:
sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Jericho on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

GodsStudent wrote::cry: There is so much "bad stuff" on the planet ....I understand why Jesus asked when He returns, will He find faith.....it makes me so sad that He asked...but I totally get it.

Just want to add no one's doctrine is perfect, but it doesn't necessarily mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Sonbeam on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Jericho wrote:
GodsStudent wrote::cry: There is so much "bad stuff" on the planet ....I understand why Jesus asked when He returns, will He find faith.....it makes me so sad that He asked...but I totally get it.

Just want to add no one's doctrine is perfect, but it doesn't necessarily mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water.

Yes, I would agree that none of us have a perfect grasp of all of God’s Word Jericho. BUT for me the fact that there is only one gospel is a nonnegotiable.

Believing Christ preached one gospel and Paul another can definitely skew how a person views the process of salvation, and in turn also views the rest of God’s word IMO.

You’ll see an example of this here http://doctrine.org/baptism/ if you scroll down to just below the calendar on the right of the screen and read what the author in question says about how the Jews were saved under the Sinai Covenant (SC). This shows a misunderstanding of the purpose of the SC and the salvation process.

I've only looked through two of the commentaries in that site, but for me that is enough.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby AtHisFeet on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
Sonbeam wrote:While there might be something to learn from this site, personally I would stay away from it because of what

and here:

sonbeam

Hi AtHisFeet and Sue Ann,

Did you have a chance to visit the urls I posted? And I assume you first read what the author of the site you are recommending said in the article he titles Jesus vs Paul.

The rebuttals are very thorough, and I agree with their basic premise that Jesus and Paul preached the same gospel. And it is your choice to agree with them or not.

sonbeam

I read the articles at that site and have for quite some time now. Apparently you did not read the very article (along with all the scripture links) that you are attempting to refute with your two links. If you had, you would have seen that there is no comparison in what he is teaching and what they are refuting. I didn't post the resource in order to debate anything with anyone. If what you read agrees with scripture, believe it. If not, then don't. I encourage you to at least read the full article including all the supporting scripture verses before you pass judgement. The author encourages questions and can answer you much better than I.
AtHisFeet

Return to Bible Study Resources