Can anyone recommend a good book?

Can anyone recommend a good book?

Postby hoshianna on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Does anyone know a book that tells the gospel of Jesus Christ & put in ALL the scripture in the ENTIRE bible pertaining to him? Something that puts it all together. I'm scatter-brained and I think the whole Jesus Christ picture is scattered all over the bible in bits & pieces. I find it difficult to put it all together. I've read the entire bible at least twice. And still, I THIRST.

If anyone agrees with someone else's suggestion, let me know. That's how I'll make up my mind. An ISBN number would be nice. Thanks!
hoshianna

Re: Can anyone recommend a good book?

Postby tharkun on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:19 pm

hoshianna wrote:Does anyone know a book that tells the gospel of Jesus Christ & put in ALL the scripture in the ENTIRE bible pertaining to him? Something that puts it all together. I'm scatter-brained and I think the whole Jesus Christ picture is scattered all over the bible in bits & pieces. I find it difficult to put it all together. I've read the entire bible at least twice. And still, I THIRST.

If anyone agrees with someone else's suggestion, let me know. That's how I'll make up my mind. An ISBN number would be nice. Thanks!

Try a chronological Bible for the NT; it gives the events of the 4 gospels all cut together. It's a start...
Get caught up in the pre-wrath rapture, when fiction will be Left Behind.

I brake for Balrogs.

"When I became a man, I put childish things behind me--including the desire to grow up!"
---C S Lewis
tharkun

Re: Can anyone recommend a good book?

Postby hoshianna on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:24 pm

tharkun wrote:
hoshianna wrote:Does anyone know a book that tells the gospel of Jesus Christ & put in ALL the scripture in the ENTIRE bible pertaining to him? Something that puts it all together. I'm scatter-brained and I think the whole Jesus Christ picture is scattered all over the bible in bits & pieces. I find it difficult to put it all together. I've read the entire bible at least twice. And still, I THIRST.

Try a chronological Bible for the NT; it gives the events of the 4 gospels all cut together. It's a start...
Thanks to your advice, I got the idea to get a book that "examines the biblical chronicle of the crucifixion as a historical narrative." I've finished reading it & have acquired a deeper understanding about my Master. I am in the process of reading it again. Thanks!
hoshianna

Postby mark s on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:47 pm

I like "The Words and Works of Jesus Christ" by Pentacost.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to Bible Study Resources