Can anyone suggest a documentary DVD about Christianity?

Can anyone suggest a documentary DVD about Christianity?

Postby glovzz on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:48 pm

For my parents. My dad watches the History channel a lot and enjoys the religious and other historical documentaries, but he should NOT be watching without knowing the Truth of the Gospel. I want to send him some DVDs since he is not a reader. Apologetics would be good too. I can send him a few DVDs after my husband and I watch them ourselves.
glovzz

Postby geauxsaints on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:14 pm

How about that movie on luther?
geauxsaints

Postby tharkun on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 am

Some great videos are the Faith Lessons (formerly That the World May Know) put out by Focus on the Family. They're hosted by Ray van der Laan (sp?) who goes into great detail about the social customs and politics, etc of certain passages in the Bible. Awesome stuff!

If you want apologetics, ICR, Answers in Genesis, Kent Hovind (DrDino.com) have tons of stuff on creation/eveolution and other topics.

tharkun
Get caught up in the pre-wrath rapture, when fiction will be Left Behind.

I brake for Balrogs.

"When I became a man, I put childish things behind me--including the desire to grow up!"
---C S Lewis
tharkun

Postby Butterfly on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:44 am

Word Pictures have some great dvds. If you have satellite you can watch them on Thursday night at 7 central and Saturday morning at 7 central on I think Angel One. You can go to crosstv.com to see all their videos and order. They have a lot of great programs and all I have seen are really good. :grin:

Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby glovzz on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am

Thanks everyone. I abandoned this thread for a while since I didn't get a response for so long. I appreciate the recommendations and will check these out.

Come to think of it, I have the Luther DVD around here somewhere. I forgot about that one.
glovzz

Return to Bible Study Resources