What is Turmeric Good For? 10 Turmeric Health Benef

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

What is Turmeric Good For? 10 Turmeric Health Benef

Postby st louis steve on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

…What is Turmeric Good For? 10 Turmeric Health Benefits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoUN-7coR6k
st louis steve

Re: What is Turmeric Good For? 10 Turmeric Health Benef

Postby st louis steve on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingre ... 2/turmeric Overview Information
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant. It is commonly used in Asian food. You probably know turmeric as the main spice in curry. It has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses. But the root of turmeric is also used widely to make medicine. It contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which is often used to color foods and cosmetics.

Turmeric is used for arthritis, heartburn (dyspepsia), joint pain, stomach pain, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, bypass surgery, hemorrhage, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gallbladder disorders, high cholesterol, a skin condition called lichen planus, skin inflammation from radiation treatment, and fatigue.

It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, hay fever, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, itchy skin, recovery after surgery, and cancers. Other uses include depression, Alzheimer's disease, swelling in the middle layer of the eye (anterior uveitis), diabetes, water retention, worms, an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), tuberculosis, urinary bladder inflammation, and kidney problems.

Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, sprains and swellings, bruising, leech bites, eye infections, acne, inflammatory skin conditions and skin sores, soreness inside of the mouth, infected wounds, and gum disease.

Turmeric is also used as an enema for people with inflammatory bowel disease.

In food and manufacturing, the essential oil of turmeric is used in perfumes, and its resin is used as a flavor and color component in foods.

Don't confuse turmeric with Javanese turmeric root (Curcuma zedoaria).

How does it work?
Turmeric contains the chemical curcumin. Curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric might decrease swelling (inflammation). Because of this, turmeric might be beneficial for treating conditions that involve inflammation
st louis steve

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 am

LOL, I bought a big bottle of Tumeric in December, planning to try to take it, but I can't figure how to get that powder down. I do not like the taste of it.....I am thinking I may buy some gelcaps online and make up some pills for myself.....to try it and see if it does anything for my symptoms.....
I didn't realize a paste topically would be beneficial, perhaps I will try that....but often, my particular issues are nervous system related and everything in the affected area hurts, not a certain place I could easily spot and apply a paste to.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:08 pm

GodsStudent wrote:LOL, I bought a big bottle of Tumeric in December, planning to try to take it, but I can't figure how to get that powder down. I do not like the taste of it.....I am thinking I may buy some gelcaps online and make up some pills for myself.....to try it and see if it does anything for my symptoms.....
I didn't realize a paste topically would be beneficial, perhaps I will try that....but often, my particular issues are nervous system related and everything in the affected area hurts, not a certain place I could easily spot and apply a paste to.

Maybe put it in bath water? Might be a mess to clean up though. Or add it to a smoothie? Just some thoughts.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby st louis steve on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Get one of those mixer plastic containers with the little ball of metal wire. Use almond or coconut milk. Add a little chocolate protein powder, maybe a teaspoon of MCT Keto Powder. Don't forget add a pinch of black pepper.
st louis steve

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

st louis steve wrote:Get one of those mixer plastic containers with the little ball of metal wire. Use almond or coconut milk. Add a little chocolate protein powder, maybe a teaspoon of MCT Keto Powder. Don't forget add a pinch of black pepper.

Hey St. Louise Steve.....can you write a recipe like for this (and give me brands of choc. protein powder, amount of turmeric to add...amounts of each ingredient to add.....as it sounds like you are describing a smoothie or something? What is the recipe, how much of each to add and then blend?

Also, what is a mixer plastic container with the little ball of metal wire? Are you saying get a blender?...or is this something else?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby st louis steve on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Blender Bottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, Clear/Black, 20-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/BlenderBottle-Cl ... ef=pd_lpo_­v­t­p­h_79_bs_t_1/132-1487754-4552600?_en­c­o­d­i­n­g­=­U­T­F­8­&­a­m­p­&­p­s­c­=­1­&­a­m­p­&­r­e­f­R­I­D­=­C­N­H­M­B­X­Z­K­1­Z­H­Z­X­H­X­T­8­9­6­R­ , Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (comes with scoop- one scoop) https://www.amazon.com/OPTIMUM-NUTRITIO ... B000QSNYGI - comes with scoop - one scoop , nutricost c8 mct medium chain triglycerides powder comes with scoop - one scoop - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nutricost-MC ... gIvLvD_BwE , Apple cider vinegar https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nature-s-Tru ... 957ebb5fee , unsweetened coconut or almond milk
st louis steve

Postby st louis steve on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Apple cider vinegar should be in pill form - not the drink. Also a spoon full of honey. Health Benefits of Turmeric
www.youtube.com/watch?v=buvDAv4-yb8
st louis steve

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks for the clarifications. Maybe I will try to formulate this and get that turmeric down. I love to eat, so I have not ever really gotten into the smoothies...(grinding up my food). I like to chew it and swallow it.....I know a lot of people make all sorts of "meals" in their blenders and even buy the pre made ones in the stores.....but I totally get into my meals.
That said, I do want to try that turmeric and see if it helps my pain....if it does, I'll just have to "skip" a few meals and drink up!!! lol.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby st louis steve on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:03 am

12 Major Benefits of Ginger for Body & Brain www.draxe.com/10-medicinal-ginger-health-benefits/
st louis steve

Postby st louis steve on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:10 am

HONEY Health Benefits: https://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-he ... honey.html Honey Suggestions:

To reap the most benefits from your honey, make sure it is pure and raw. Raw honey contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes not present in refined honey.

Honey Cautions:
•Do not feed honey to infants. Spores of Clostridium botulinum have been found in a small percentage of honey in North America. This is not dangerous to adults and older children, but infants can have a serious reaction of illness in the first year. Do not add honey to baby food or use as a soother to quiet a fussy or colicky baby. Most Canadian honey is not contaminated with the bacteria causing infant botulism, but it’s still best not to take the chance.

1. Helps prevent cancer and heart disease:
Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.

2. Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders:
Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis. This may be related to the 3rd benefit…

3. Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal:
“All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand. This contributes to the incredibly long shelf-life of honey.

4. Increases athletic performance:
Ancient Olympic athletes ate honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

5. Reduces cough and throat irritation:
Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey. In a study of 110 children, a single dose of buckwheat honey was just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving nocturnal cough and allowing proper sleep.

ThinkstockPhotos-454958277 (1)

6. Balances the 5 elements:
Honey has been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for at least 4,000 years and is considered to affect all three of the body’s primitive material imbalances positively. It is also said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea and nausea.

Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” since it has a quality of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body. When honey is used with other herbal preparations, it enhances the medicinal qualities of those preparations and also helps them to reach the deeper tissues.

7. Helps regulate blood sugar:
Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is not the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys have a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t jolt your blood sugar. (Watch this video Sweetener Comparison where I compare stevia, brown rice syrup, honey, molasses and agave, and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each.)

8. Heals wounds and burns:
External application of honey has been shown to be as effective as conventional treatment with silver sulfadiazene. It is speculated that the drying effect of the simple sugars and honey’s anti-bacterial nature combine to create this effect.

9. Is probiotic:
Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. This may explain many of the mysterious therapeutic properties of honey.

10. Helps improve skin:
Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, honey can also be moisturizing and nourishing. For a powerful home beauty treatment for which you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already, read Carrot Face Mask.
st louis steve

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Its worth repeating something I posted about a few years ago regarding left spin and right spin and sweetners. The sweetners that God made spin one way (molecules in the body) while all created sweetners cause molecules to spin the other way (be they low calorie or not). It was a fascinating discovery. Google it and learn about it for an interesting and amazing lesson on sweetners that are man made versus God made. So cool!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Use almond or coconut milk.

On the Almond milk ""Which I love"" If you start having a lot of pain "more then normal" its possible the almond milk may be the culprit.. I have done smoothies using almond milk for several years and always thought the body aches and joint aches were the result of my many falls from my horses, and some are but as I was dieting "keto" I was eating and drinking more almonds and for the past few months have been really having a lot of pain "muscle and joint" I stopped my smoothies and almonds for a while, had severe ear infection which took three anti biotics prescriptions to get rid of.. Well, after finally getting rid of the ear infection I made myself a smoothie with a half cup of almond milk, that night I was miserable, hurting all over, I had never associated the muscle/joint pain with the almond milk until I thought about what the difference was... And apparently was also causing the ear infections... No almond milk or almonds for a while now and I feel so much better. I guess I must be allergic and never knew..
My only problem is trying to drink my green smoothies without the almond milk, I do use ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric in my smoothies a lot but they don't cover the greens taste as well as the almond milk...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby ToledoDebbie on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:26 pm

st louis steve wrote:12 Major Benefits of Ginger for Body & Brain http://www.draxe.com/10-medicinal-ginge ... -benefits/

My daughter's Pain Clinic Doctor, just prescribed Ginger to help with her pain and she has noticed a real improvement in just 2 weeks!! We bought the Ginger capsules at the Drug Store and she takes one each day now. I don't have the kind of pain that she and many others here suffer, but, I wanted to share that small testimonial for anyone that might want to try.
ToledoDebbie

Postby st louis steve on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm

One of my church friends uses turmeric for arthritis (inflammation of the joints).
st louis steve

Postby st louis steve on Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm

20 Reasons Why Turmeric Is An All-In-One Herb https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turme ... n-one-herb
I wonder why doctors never tell us about Turmeric. Steve
st louis steve

Return to Whatever (Almost)