Simple Definitions

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Simple Definitions

Postby mark s on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Christian Radio = Radio whose format is chosen according to what is believed will build up other Christians. No profit motive.

Commercial Radio = Radio whose format is chosen according to what is believed will induce the listeners to buy the products advertised. Profit motivated.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: Simple Definitions

Postby mark s on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Here's another one . . .

Christian Culture = A culture informed by and patterned after the teachings of the Bible, characterized by unity in love, that is, love is the cohesive element which unifies all participants, regardless of differences of opinion on some particulars.

Worldly Culture = A culture informed by and patterned after the depravity of mankind as further shaped by powers of darkness, characterized by self-centeredness, pride being the driving force that separates all participants, regardless of whatever other agreements they may have on other matters.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:06 am

how about this one:

Christians: those who believe in and follow Christ

Non- Christians: those who believe in and follow self

too simple maybe?

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 pm

I Like simple!

I think we need simple to take in the deepest truths.

Much love,

Mark
mark s

Postby Mark F on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 am

Biblical Worldview = Those who read and study Scripture, learn it's precepts and principles, then look at and understand the world through the lens of Scripture.

Non-biblical worldview = Those who look at all the things on earth and all around, make incorrect assumptions of the world and all that it contains based upon an incorrect understanding.

* Not all Christians have a biblical worldview......
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Return to Whatever (Almost)