a year question

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

a year question

Postby mrgravyard49 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 am

I guess we are in year 5778? If so we have 222 years to go to 6000. So how can we think we are in end times? Very confused :dunno:
mrgravyard49

Re: a year question

Postby Jericho on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:37 am

I believe the Jewish calender is missing quite a few years. Maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on it.
Last edited by Jericho on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby ToledoDebbie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 am

I have no knowledge to add regarding the Jewish Calendar or its accuracy, however, Jesus did say this:
Matthew 24; vs. 21-22
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
ToledoDebbie

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 am

For a good read on the Chronology of the Old Testament, then the free PDF download of
Chronology of the Old Testament: A Return to the Basics
By
FLOYD NOLEN JONES, Th.D., Ph.D.
15th Edition
Revised and Enlarged with Extended Appendix
(First Edition 1993)
KingsWord Press
P. O. Box 130220
The Woodlands,

From the following web page is well worth a read.
http://standardbearers.net/uploads/Chro ... hD_ThD.pdf

P. O. Box 130220
The Woodlands,

May be of interest

He did his PHD on the Chronology of the Old testament. However, it is my view that he is in error and that Ussher's brother in-law, T. Lydiat, is much closer to the actual reality of a chronology of the Old Testament.

On page 26 of the Book, he provides a section on the date of Creation for 31 various authors and also provides a date of creation for the Jewish Chronology. I have copied the list of the authors with their suggested year BC of creation and added 2017 years to calculate the present year according to the provided chronologists of the number of years from the creation of Adam.

The following list of people have created their Chronology of the Old testament with the following results: -

1 J. Jackson 5426 7443
2 W. Hales 5411 7428
3 M. Scotus 4192 6209
4 L. Condomanus 4141 6158
5 T. Lydiat 4103 6120
6 M. Maestlinus 4079 6096
7 J. Ricciolus 4062 6079
8 J. Salianus 4053 6070
9 H. Spondanus 4051 6068
10 M. Anstey 4042 6059
11 W. Lange 4041 6058
12 E. Reinholt 4021 6038
13 J. Cappellus 4005 6022
14 J. Ussher 4004 6021
15 E. Greswell 4004 6021
16 F. Jones 4004 6021
17 E. Faulstich 4001 6018
18 D. Petavius 3983 6000
19 F. Klassen 3975 5992
20 Becke 3974 5991
21 Krentzeim 3971 5988
22 W. Dolen 3971 5988
23 E. Reusnerus 3970 5987
24 J. Claverius 3968 5985
25 C. Longomontanus 3966 5983
26 P. Melanchthon 3964 5981
27 J. Haynlinus 3963 5980
28 A. Salmeron 3958 5975
29 J. Scaliger 3949 5966
30 M. Beroaldus 3927 5944
31 A. Helwigius 3836 5853
32 Jewish Chronology 3760 5777

This list of the number of years from when Adam was created to the present year, varies from 7443years down to 5777 years. This provides a variation of 1666 years in the various chronologies from when Adam was created to the present day.

Using the same argument as stated in the OP, depending on the chronologist that we wish to use, we may have already passed into Eternity.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby SueAnn on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:41 pm

When Jesus said that no one except His Father knew the date He wasn't kidding, was He? LOL Look at the variations on those calculated dates!

I am curious - on what scriptures do we base the magic of the year 6000 being the end of the era?
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 pm

SueAnn wrote:I am curious - on what scriptures do we base the magic of the year 6000 being the end of the era?

It's a theory that goes something like this... God created the earth in 6 days, and rested on the 7th. In biblical numerics, 6 is the number for man, and 7 is the number for God, completion, and perfection. Couple this with the scripture: a day is like a thousand years to God, and a thousand years are like a day (Psa 90:4, 2Pe 3:8). So the reasoning is man will have dominion over the earth and toil for 6,000 years, and the Millennial Kingdom will be like the 7th day of rest (mirroring the 6 days of creation). If we count the genealogies in the Bible from Adam to Abraham was 2,000 years, from Abraham to Jesus was 2,000 years, and from Jesus to now is roughly 2,000 (give or take). That puts us somewhere around the 6,000 year mark.

Something else of interest. God said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” (Gen 6:3). I don't believe this refers to lifespan, because as recent as 1997 a woman lived to be 121. But if we multiply 120 years by 50 Jubilees we get 6,000.

Of course we still don't know the exact starting date, if there are any gaps in the genealogies, which calendar God is using, and even if it has to be exactly 6000 years. So it would be impossible to set any sort of dates. I do, however, think there may be something to the 6,000 year theory, and we are nearing the end of this age, but that's just my opinion.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:50 am

If we look at the Chronology of the patriarchs then Abraham was born 1949 years (Solar) after the Creation of Adam.
Isaac was born 100 years later. King David was born was born around 1,024 years later and Christ was born around 4 BC depending on the theory that is accepted as to the year in which he was born.

If we speak in approximate time spans, then the explanation of Jericho's is within the ball park for the approximate end of this age, but since we have passed the 2000 year period from the birth of Christ, probably around 20 years ago in 1996, then we really do not know if the Hebrew and Greek understanding of the respective words translated as 1,000 is in fact, actually equal to 1,000 years, or is actually a little greater.

Can 490 years be found in the Book of judges? and how does that relate to the 480 years from the time of the exodus to the laying of the foundation stone of Solomon's temple.

There are still many mysteries for us to understand yet.

A prophetic fact I do know is that from the dedication of Solomon's temple to the GWT judgement, there is "precisely" 4 x approximately 1,000 years. The Westminster Hebrew text does not indicated that both words are the same whereas the NA27 Hebrew text does. It is all a mystery. to say the least
Jay Ross

Postby brett on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:19 am

mrgravyard49 wrote:I guess we are in year 5778? If so we have 222 years to go to 6000. So how can we think we are in end times? Very confused :dunno:

I've seen credible calculations showing the current age of the earth to be approx 6251 years.

I think its better to look at actual signs - that match Bible prophecy - as being sign posts to orientate ourselves in the timeline.

One thing that always helps me to know we are in the Last Days is the fact that technology has gone absolutely crazy the last 70 years and has been rapidly accelerating even more as time has passed. Plus the world has already seen 2 world wars. All the thousands of years prior technology reached no such heights and wars were never global.

I look at today's world and I see a world that ALMOST matches the world described in the book of Revelation. That's the only way to orientate yourself - compare what's described in the Bible to what's in the world today. It's not hard to see global government becoming a reality very soon, along with the Mark of the Beast etc.......Things are VERY close to being perfectly aligned with the "Last Days" world described in the book of Revelation.

I think we are close - but we still have at least a year or 2 more (probably more) imho until Daniels 70th week starts - I think it'll all happen after Trump......

There are 2 big pieces of the puzzle that I'm still waiting upon.

(1) United Nations: 10 prominent World Leaders to arise and take their place in the United Nations. I'm expecting the Security Council to grow to 10 permanent members and the Secretary General terms to become 7 years - both reforms are already in the pipeline at the UN. This might happen during Trumps presidency, since Trump is now pushing a reform agenda at the UN.
(2) 3rd Temple: The building of a 3rd Temple in Israel - this is another one I think is possible to happen while Trump is president.

I pretty much see Trump's presidency as having the potential to get a lot done to get things ready.

......when I see both of these big pieces of the prophecy puzzle in place - then I will be thinking Daniels 70th Week is about to start - with the opening of the 1st Seal heralding the start of Daniels 70th Week. - the AC being crowned and riding out to conquer.

I'm a little more upbeat (optimistic) lately because I now believe there's enough time for us to prepare. I intend to make the most of the next 2 years. I plan on moving to a more rural location in 2019.

KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby SueAnn on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:55 am

Jericho wrote:
SueAnn wrote:I am curious - on what scriptures do we base the magic of the year 6000 being the end of the era?

It's a theory that goes something like this... God created the earth in 6 days, and rested on the 7th. In biblical numerics, 6 is the number for man, and 7 is the number for God, completion, and perfection. Couple this with the scripture: a day is like a thousand years to God, and a thousand years are like a day (Psa 90:4, 2Pe 3:8). So the reasoning is man will have dominion over the earth and toil for 6,000 years, and the Millennial Kingdom will be like the 7th day of rest (mirroring the 6 days of creation). If we count the genealogies in the Bible from Adam to Abraham was 2,000 years, from Abraham to Jesus was 2,000 years, and from Jesus to now is roughly 2,000 (give or take). That puts us somewhere around the 6,000 year mark.

Something else of interest. God said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” (Gen 6:3). I don't believe this refers to lifespan, because as recent as 1997 a woman lived to be 121. But if we multiply 120 years by 50 Jubilees we get 6,000.

Of course we still don't know the exact starting date, if there are any gaps in the genealogies, which calendar God is using, and even if it has to be exactly 6000 years. So it would be impossible to set any sort of dates. I do, however, think there may be something to the 6,000 year theory, and we are nearing the end of this age, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you Jericho
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 am

Hi Jericho, I agree with your theory. I have visited this subject in the past and concluded the same....
It makes perfect sense as God's Creation is so mathmatical and succinct. He really didn't make this hard to understand, and His Will was always work the six days and rest the seventh....this is all over scripture, and failure to do so is also all over scripture.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:35 am

Thank you all. At the age of 60 as of late thinking I wouldn't see the rapture. Maybe I will.
mrgravyard49

Postby brett on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 pm

mrgravyard49 wrote:Thank you all. At the age of 60 as of late thinking I wouldn't see the rapture. Maybe I will.

NOTE mrgravyyard49: Every believer that has ever lived will SEE and take part in the rapture. The dead in Christ will rise first remember. Even Daniel was promised to be risen on the Last Day

Daniel 12:13
But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Daniel is told that he shall stand in His lot at the end of the days.....which days? The days spoken of in the preceding verse 12 "12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

This is the rapture, the dead in Christ will rise (Stand) first and ALL of us will meet the Lord in the air in our glorified bodies (like Jesus resurrected body). So death matters not........you will see and be part of the rapture regardless. Its explained well in 1 Thessalonians 4

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

We will ALL see and be part of the Rapture !
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Brett, I'm hoping to be alive when it happens. But if death gets my spirit home 1st, I'm all for going now.. enough of this world. .
mrgravyard49

Postby brett on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 am

I tell you there is an amazing study to be done here - that being of the Day of the Lord - His return in Great Glory in the clouds. I have been wanting to look into the matter more and do a big discussion on it because it is such an amazing coming event. On this day the Sun and Moon will be darkened, the heavenly bodies will not give their light, it will be dark over ALL the earth and then Christ will come in the clouds in Great Glory and Power. Its going to be the most EPIC day in all of history......this is the day of the Rapture. I wish someone would make a biblically accurate movie about this single Day in history. I want to study it more and get as clear a picture as possible......because when you do ponder this day and start to better grasp what will happen it is incredibly humbling, faith building and awe inspiring........

It will be the day that ALL people on the Earth, righteous and wicked will SEE & KNOW Jesus Christ is King of Kings. Those who rejected Him will mourn, weep and wail on that day. And there is more INSIGHT about this day in the scriptures that was revealed to me recently - Steven had a taste of this day just before he was stoned to death. He looked up and saw heaven opened....

Acts 7
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

I believe this opening of the heavens could be the same as what will happen on the Day of the Lord - only this time ALL will see heaven opened and will see the throne of God and Christ in Great Glory.........

See how it relates to Rev 6:12-17 - when the heavens recede like a scroll.....are opened

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

See, Steven saw the throne of God, its glory and ALL in Rev 6:16 also see the throne of God revealed ....

There's an incredible study to be done here, Joel and Isiah and other books also describe this Day and event........more can be understood now before it happens........

But perhaps this is a discussion for another day / thread.....God Bless

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby kirthril on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am

If we speak in approximate time spans, then the explanation of Jericho's is within the ball park for the approximate end of this age, but since we have passed the 2000 year period from the birth of Christ, probably around 20 years ago in 1996, then we really do not know if the Hebrew and Greek understanding of the respective words translated as 1,000 is in fact, actually equal to 1,000 years, or is actually a little greater.

Why count from time of birth? Why not time of death and resurrection? AD 32/33?

The way I see it is this:

1000 years =1 day theory
God created in 6 rested on 7th
God mandated mankind shall work for 6 days and rest on 7th
Adam-Jesus = roughly 4000 years or 4 days
Jesus to now = rougly 2000 years or 2 days

Jesus was died and was resurrected early on the 3rd day. So he was gone not 72 hours (3 full days) but around 40ish hours (Afternoon day one, all day day 2, early morning day 3).

Christ ascended and left earth in 32/33 AD. 2 days or 2000 years from that would be 2032/2033.
If the 1000yr millennium is the day of rest, then the early part of it is when Christ returns (early on the 3rd day)

In other words I count the AD era as a mimick of the death/resurrection period. In which Christ was buried away over a 3 day period but came back early on the 3rd day. Likewise Christ has been gone for a 2 day period and we await is return early on the 3rd day.

My belief is that the start of day 3 since his resurrection, or day 7 in total is somewhere in the 2030's and that the possibility of Christ's return is anything past 2030 up to a max of 2100.

I honestly don't believe at the rate we are seeing things we have another 100 yrs left. Europe/south America is secular and the remnant of true faithful of Catholics are holding onto all that's left, the orthodox centered in Russia is still trying to come back from under communism, and the protestants in America are starting to embrace secular leftist ideology embroiled in political and racial motives that will have protestants warring against protestants in what looks to be an inevitable future civil war. Globally Christianity continues to spread, but the "church" is in severe decay and tyranny is already hustling in through the gaping door. I don't think this world can stave off the final war for another 100 years.

(of course I am probably completely wrong in timing as no one will ever know the day/hour)
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 am

mrgravyard49 wrote:I guess we are in year 5778? If so we have 222 years to go to 6000. So how can we think we are in end times? Very confused :dunno:

I don't think we are in the End Times until the AC reveals, no matter how much we calculate .....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:

I don't think we are in the End Times until the AC reveals, no matter how much we calculate .....

:a3:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok, I thought Israel becoming a nation in 1948 started it?
mrgravyard49

Postby Jericho on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:24 pm

mrgravyard49 wrote:Ok, I thought Israel becoming a nation in 1948 started it?

This is what I hold to MrG. But with all things prophecy related, there are differences of opinion. I've given this some thought before, and I think there are three things that distinguish us from prior generations, and signal we are nearing the end of this age.

Israel becoming a nation is one of them. There are so many end-time prophecies that are dependent on Israel being back in the land again, and for 1800 that just wasn't the case. There were those who scoffed at the idea in the 19th century, but then it happened. It had been even longer since Jerusalem has been back in the hands of the Jews (2553 years!). That an important milestone, because up until then Jerusalem wasn't really important to anyone. Mark Twain described it as a barren wasteland when he visited it. But now Jerusalem has become a focal point, and is becoming a stumbling block to the nations (Zec 12:3). So Israel becoming a nation has paved a way for these prophecies to be fulfilled, when in previous generations they could not.

The second is the move toward global government. If you compare Genesis with Revelation, you will see Revelation is basically Genesis in reverse. The first world empire began with Nimrod and the Tower of Babel, and the last world empire will end with the Anti-Christ. So it began with a world government, and it will end with a world government. Were not there yet, but the push via globalism has already begun and I believe is inevitable. Never before has a true world government been possible, until now.

The third is technology, and it's related to the second point. I think technology plays a huge part in the final world empire. In fact, you can't have a global government without it. It was prophesied that knowledge would increase in the latter days. And who could deny that has happened, thanks to the internet (another first in human history). There are other things that I believed will be dependent upon technology. The world will be able to watch the death and resurrection of the two-witnesses, which is now possible with telecommunications. And the AC being able to control the economy via a mark, and controlling who buys, sells, and trades is dependent upon computers. The digital age has allowed a degree of monitoring and control that was impossible previously.

So these are all firsts within our generation. They are what make us unique from prior generations. I cannot put a timetable on when it will all culminate. Setting dates is always a mistake, and I think God made the exact time unknown for a reason. But while we cannot know the exact time, we can know the season.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Return to Whatever (Almost)