Think of Peter - by Herb in 2007

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Think of Peter - by Herb in 2007

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 am

Thought I'd post Herb's encouraging words as an encouragement for times we feel distant and/or discouraged in our walk with Jesus.

No one walked closer to Jesus than the Apostle Peter. Yet, when persecution came, Peter began following Jesus at a distance (Mark 14:54).

I guess that's why I relate to Peter. If you recall, when Peter denied his Lord for the third time, Peter did it while cursing (Mark 14:71). This suggests Peter was far from perfect -- like me. And it seems that Peter really liked to fish (John 21:3-19). I'm no fisherman. But, I love the outdoors too. Believe me, there are things I'd rather be doing than sitting here in front of this computer screen.

Yet Jesus saw something in Peter's heart -- something that you and I would have probably missed. And it was to that something in Peter's heart that Jesus was appealing -- just like He is you and me.

Here's the point: Don't give up on yourself. Even if you have been following at a distance; or even if you've done some things you think unforgivable, remember that Jesus sees something in us that we can't see for ourselves. In other words, think of Peter.

That's what I do.

link
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Think of Peter - by Herb in 2007

Postby mark s on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am

Once our Bible study group went through all the passages in the Bible that mention or are about Peter, including his letters. We all came away very impressed with this man! To be sure . . . what God made with him.

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: Think of Peter - by Herb in 2007

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:07 am

:a3:
Abiding in His Word wrote:Thought I'd post Herb's encouraging words as an encouragement for times we feel distant and/or discouraged in our walk with Jesus.

No one walked closer to Jesus than the Apostle Peter. Yet, when persecution came, Peter began following Jesus at a distance (Mark 14:54).

I guess that's why I relate to Peter. If you recall, when Peter denied his Lord for the third time, Peter did it while cursing (Mark 14:71). This suggests Peter was far from perfect -- like me. And it seems that Peter really liked to fish (John 21:3-19). I'm no fisherman. But, I love the outdoors too. Believe me, there are things I'd rather be doing than sitting here in front of this computer screen.

Yet Jesus saw something in Peter's heart -- something that you and I would have probably missed. And it was to that something in Peter's heart that Jesus was appealing -- just like He is you and me.

Here's the point: Don't give up on yourself. Even if you have been following at a distance; or even if you've done some things you think unforgivable, remember that Jesus sees something in us that we can't see for ourselves. In other words, think of Peter.

That's what I do.

link

:a3:
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Return to Whatever (Almost)