2017 - End of 6000 years?

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

2017 - End of 6000 years?

Postby Wickus on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 pm

This guy has done a remarkable job in counting the years and generations from Adam and everything in his calculations points to 2017. Prophetic or coincidence?

https://youtu.be/V_x1xAbkayg
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Re: 2017 - End of 6000 years?

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:57 am

Wickus wrote:This guy has done a remarkable job in counting the years and generations from Adam and everything in his calculations points to 2017. Prophetic or coincidence?

https://youtu.be/V_x1xAbkayg

He is interesting, but ...

He has to many errors and miss understandings to be accurate.
Jay Ross

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Vick Wickus...............is this you?
Mr Baldy

Postby Wickus on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 am

Mr Baldy wrote:Vick Wickus...............is this you?

Hallo Mr B. Yes, it is me. :mrgreen:
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Wickus wrote:
Mr Baldy wrote:Vick Wickus...............is this you?

Hallo Mr B. Yes, it is me. :mrgreen:

Ha ha ha ha ha!

OMG - Welcome Back Vick Wickus!

So good to see you my Brother! :banana:
Mr Baldy

Postby Wickus on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 am

Thanks Brother B. It is good to be back. :grin:
Wickus

Postby member x on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 pm

This is a fascinating video.

I think where I would like more understanding is how he reconciles the 360 day year vs. the current 365. That said, he brings a lot of good stuff forward.
member x
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:14 am

Good to see you here again Wickus!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 am

As for the video- I find some of his reasoning a bit off. But I also think we are very near the end of the 6000 years.
I also did a count from Adam, just out of curiosity. But found that the historical record varies widely as to dates of events before the time of Christ.

According to my calculations, 6000 years was reached some years before the time of the Balfour declaration in 1917. However there are some scholars that believe that there is around a 150- 200 year adjustment in the timeline backwards. In others words, the historical record could be off by that much. If I readjust my timeline for this difference it places the completion of 6000 years sometime between now and 2036.

In any case if the idea of the 6000 years is even true, then I think it is safe to say we are very close to its completion in our lifetimes.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:40 pm

RT

From Adam's creation to the birth of Isaac is 2048 years, with Adam being created in the first year and Isaac being born in the year 2049 after the creation of Adam, i.e. Isaac's birth was at the very beginning of that year.

Within the accuracy of story telling and the rounding up and down of time intervals, it is interesting that King David's birth occurred within reason 1,024 years after Isaac's birth.

The trouble with Historical date setting is that it has been now framed around Bishop Ussher's Chronological timeline of the Old Testament and his adjustments to the so called Prophetical year without consideration of the adjustments for solar years. There is an approximate 19 year cycle where the solar calendar and the Jewish calendar co inside because of the random insertion of an additional 30 day month every couple of years to account for the differences in the seasons and to bring all back into line with each other.

Also his understanding of the length of the time span contained in the Book of Judges also has introduced errors into his timeline. The errors in his understanding of the Bible are still with us today and many a heated discussion has been had around the age of Terah when He was born. The Genesis chronology suggests that Terah was 70 years old when Abraham was born, but a Jewish cultural miss understanding of the the expression of "father" where this term can be used to refer to a Great, great, great, Grandfather, or even to a person who was born ten descendant generations before hand.

From my study into the chronology of the Old Testament, I would suggest that Adam was created around the year 4100 BC.

Since we have not yet witnessed the beginning of the Millennium Age yet, it would suggest that the understanding of the phrase of "a day is as a thousand years to the lord" may be a tad longer than what we believe is the relationship between a day of the lord and the number of years that will pass within Man's reference time frame.

To even be able to determine the beginning of the millennium age within an accuracy of plus or minus 10 years is still quite an achievement for any student of End Time Prophecy given that some have already been wrong for over 100 years now.

Shalom

PS: - I to also had trouble with his reasoning and also his justification for his calculations being right.
Jay Ross

Postby Wickus on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Good to see you here again Wickus!

RT

Thanks RT. Good to be back.
Wickus

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 am

From my study into the chronology of the Old Testament, I would suggest that Adam was created around the year 4100 BC.

Hi Jay,

That is about what I come up with too- 4162 BC give or take.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 am

The book of Judges does not cover a period of 490 years as some suggest but rather there are three parallel stories with the first story covering around 220 years, the second story cycle covered around 120 years while the third story cycle covered around 109 years.

There was 480 years between Israel exiting Egypt and the foundation stone being laid by Solomon of the Temple in Jerusalem in the fourth year of his reign.

Now Israel was 40 years in the desert.
Joshua ruled Israel for around 10 years
Eli ruled Israel as a judge for 40 years
Samuel ruled Israel as a judge for 40 years
Saul ruled Israel for 40 years
David ruled Israel for 40 years
In the 4th year of Solomon's reign he laid the foundation stone of the temple.

Total number of the above years is 214 years such that there remains a period of time of around 266 years for all of the events in the Nook of Judges to unfold. As such, the stories in the Book of Judges are not sequential and the must overlap in time.

Great care is needed in establishing a chronological timeline of the Old Testament.

RT I trust that the above is of interest for you.

Shalom

If the longest story sequence in the Book of Judges is around 220 years long so that there is a period of 46 years for the breach between the tribes to occur and for the people to begin turning away from God.

The first cycle of 220 years begins with the words:
Judges 3:7-8: - So the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord. They forgot the Lord their God, and served the Baals and Asherahs. Therefore the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and He sold them into the hand of Cushan-Rishathaim king of Mesopotamia; and the children of Israel served Cushan-Rishathaim eight years.

The second cycle of 120 years in the Book of judges begins with the words: -
Judg 6:1: - Then the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord. So the Lord delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years

The third cycle of 109 years begins with the words: -
Judg 10:6-7: - Then the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths, the gods of Syria, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the people of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; and they forsook the Lord and did not serve Him. So the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel; and He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and into the hands of the people of Ammon.
Jay Ross

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 am

Wouldn't Israel being a nation again say we are very close since a generation is 70 years?
mrgravyard49

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 pm

mrgravyard49 wrote:Wouldn't Israel being a nation again say we are very close since a generation is 70 years?

It is a matter of understanding what is written in the original texts.

The parable of the fig tree indicates that there will be around 91 plus years between, when some of Abraham's descendants returned to the land close enough to 4,000 years after the birth of Isaac, and to when the Millennium Age begins with the establishment of an everlasting Kingdom by God.

Matthew 24:34-35: - Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

In the above passage, the Greek word translated as "generation" above is better understood to have the meaning of an "age" which is a little longer than 1,000 years in duration.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance for G:1074
age, generation
From (a presumed derivative of) genos; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons) -- age, generation, nation, time.
Source: <biblehub.com>

If we presume that there are two ages from the Creation of Adam until the fulfilment of the promise to Abraham that he would become the father of a great nation through the birth of a son with Sarah, then the length of an age is closer to 1,024 years in duration.

But, it is coming to the right understanding of the original text that is important and not relying on our present day understanding of English words.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Return to Whatever (Almost)