Glenn Beck-01/31/11-A todays events

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Glenn Beck-01/31/11-A todays events

Postby st louis steve on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 pm

st louis steve

Re: Glenn Beck-01/31/11-A todays events

Postby Finaldash on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Wow!!... watching today's show and Beck just said that "ancient Babylon" is remained untouched by the war in Iraq because it is an important place in the coming fulfillment of biblical prophecies.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby nike on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah, Finaldash. I'm watching the same show and I had to pick my jaw up from the ground a few times in the first twenty minutes...my husband did a fly over of Babylon with the U.S. military a few years ago (as a real estate investor invited by the DoD) and saw the restoration that was going on. And strangely it was untouched...I am cautious with Glenn but tonight has been very interesting...
nike

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Nothing ever seems to be about chance. There is purpose to everything, and the Lord's plans are perfect. The great would-be usurper, Prince of Lies, imitates everything he can that comes from our Lord, but always with a twist. Just as Christ came from the line of Isaac, the anti-Christ will come from the line of Ishmael. Just as Jerusalem is the seat of God on earth, Babylon is the seat of Satan.

For those interested, I would recommend The Second Coming of Babylon, by Mark Hitchcock. It explains much regarding Babylon's upcoming role in end times prophecy.
FreeInHim

Postby st louis steve on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Feb. 1, 2011

Brigitte Gabriel discusses Muslim Brotherhood threat in Egypt. Brigitte Gabriel on Hannity - January 29, 2011 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8i--mTtIvc
st louis steve

Islamic Caliphate: The ultimate Muslim dream

Postby st louis steve on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Islamic Caliphate: The ultimate Muslim dream
It’s vital to understand the underlining theology of Islam. The following is a re-post from last year, but since there are hundreds of new readers here at IAC, I’m re-posting this with more reference links this time.

Muslims have been dreaming about a Caliphate that can unite the entire Muslim world and rule with strict Islamic code ever since the death of Muhammed. There have been coups, countercoups and civil wars because of disagreements over wether or not to install the Caliph.

The dream of a caliphate is what is responsible for the Shia-Sunni split. Several Caliphates existed over time until 1924 when Mustafa Kamal Ataturk abolished the Ottoman Caliphate and established the secular Turkish Republic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8i--mTtIvc
st louis steve

Postby st louis steve on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

st louis steve

Postby good4u on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

The physical location of the ancient city of Bablyon in Iraq has nothing to do with biblical prophecy in End-Times. The LORD said physical Bablyon will never be a thriving city again. Take Him at His Word. You all are chasing a red herring.
"Spirituality wrongly understood or pursued is a major source of human misery and rebellion against God."

Dallas Willard
Professor, Univ. So. Calf. - Los Angeles
good4u

Postby david on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

good4u wrote:The physical location of the ancient city of Bablyon in Iraq has nothing to do with biblical prophecy in End-Times. The LORD said physical Bablyon will never be a thriving city again. Take Him at His Word. You all are chasing a red herring.

That's what my bible says too, did I miss something? Something about how she would be left desolate and only an owl would be found there.
david

Postby amessenger4god on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Yep. If physical Babylon is the seat of the AC, don't expect Jesus to return any time soon. There is nothing there, but two or three ruined buildings and a lot of dirt. The only commerce is a single gift shop.

...And in fact, though there may have been an order for American troops not to mess up the ruins, they did anyway. I've read lots of stuff about troops dismantling and/or destroying parts of the ruins (I'm not knocking the troops, in fact I cheer them on! I'm just pointing out that the ruins were never really "preserved").

And the most obvious problem with the physical Babylon theory (besides the prophecy that it would remain ruins forever) is that it doesn't fit with Revelation 18 at all. The physical Babylon does not sit on many waters, it does not have any commerce, it is not home to different people groups, and it does not fill the earth with adultery. Rev. 18, if literally taken, indicates a large seaport city that is ethnically diverse and central to world commerce. The city/nation also fills the earth with sexual sin.
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
amessenger4god

Postby Finaldash on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

good4u wrote:The physical location of the ancient city of Bablyon in Iraq has nothing to do with biblical prophecy in End-Times. The LORD said physical Bablyon will never be a thriving city again. Take Him at His Word. You all are chasing a red herring.

My point was only that Beck touched on this issue. Who the heck in the secular world would ever take him seriously? Thinking that Iraq and the US would have a sinister plan to revive "Babylon". But him mentioning that makes it so much more interesting watching his program. :)
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Living4Christ on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 am

I watched Glenn Beck and as I listened something came into mind.
Has anyone considered this ...
The first beast of Revelation 13 is a Marxist/ communist political system and
the second Beast of the earth being Islamic radical group being the first beast strong arm?
Think about these two groups joining forces to come against God's people.
Just as an interesting side note obama can certainly relate with both groups.
His very background is connected with both marxist and islam.
He could certainly be in a position of understanding both groups ideology to be a representative for them both.
You have the extreme political joining forces with the extreme religious.
Is it possible these two groups have the ideology of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
If you think about these two groups MO you can see the similarities of what John described in Rev. 13.
Also I find it interesting that the world's largest embassy is located in ancient land of Babylon.
Why on earth do they need such a massive embassy there?
A new embassy, which has been described as the largest and most expensive embassy in the world at 0.44 square kilometers—the size of Vatican City[1]—was opened in January 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Embassy,_Baghdad
Living4Christ

Postby Living4Christ on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:23 am

Revelation 13 ... Just think about it .... :humm:
Communism and Islam

From the 1940s through the 1960s, Communists and Islamists sometimes joined forces in opposing colonialism and seeking national independence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism_and_religion
Living4Christ

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 am

Living4Christ: I get your point. Indeed its plausible.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby FreeInHim on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Don't miss the plain facts. Yes, Babylon will someday become desolate, but that time has yet to happen. Note that plenty of stones still stand and commerce, while admittedly scarce, still exists. The time spoken of by the Lord shows Babylon will be UTTERLY destroyed; a time that has yet to come to fruition. Jeremiah 51:26 says, And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith the Lord. However, archaeological discoveries have demonstrated that bricks and stone from ancient Babylon have been repeatedly plundered and reused in later construction projects. When Jeremiah 51 is fulfilled, NOT ONE STONE will ever be used again.

Babylon fell about 540 B.C., but it was never destroyed as described in Isaiah 13-14 and Jeremiah 50-51. It's decay came about over the many years since. Note that 20 years after its fall Zechariah was shown in a vision Wickedness returning to Babylon (Shinar). Zech. 5:5-11
amessenger4god, the "many waters" spoken of are an allegorical for many peoples, nations and tongues. Rev. 17:15 The harlot that sits on the many waters is the great city of Babylon. Rev. 17:18
It's natural to assume that a city capable of fulfilling all the end time prophecies would take decades to build (or in this case, rebuild). But would it? To demonstrate how quickly a city can arise out of nothing, consider the story of Oak Ridge, TN. Until 1942, the area where Oak Ridge is located was rural and remote. That all changed dramatically when the government decided to three facilities there to extract uranium-235 isotopes from uranium ore as part of our country's efforts to build an atom bomb. The army built a complete city there virtually overnight, with shopping centers, schools, cafeterias, entertainment, a hospital, a newspaper, and other facilities. Within eighteen months the city had 100,000 residents. A huge bus network was quickly developed to provide transportation for the residents around town, to the three plants and to Knoxville, which is 20 miles away.

If that much development could occur in such a short span of time back then, think how much more progress can be made with the Prince of Lies behind the expansion and unlimited funds pouring in. My research indicates that Babylon the city will rise up and become the "great city" of Rev. 17. This will be city from which the anti-Christ rules.
FreeInHim

Postby Jericho on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

If that much development could occur in such a short span of time back then, think how much more progress can be made with the Prince of Lies behind the expansion and unlimited funds pouring in. My research indicates that Babylon the city will rise up and become the "great city" of Rev. 17. This will be city from which the anti-Christ rules.

It reminds me of Dubai too, how quickly that country was transformed in a short time. If someone had unlimited resources and the will to do it, Babylon theoretically could be rebuilt in no time. I don't know if it that happen but things began in Mesopotamia and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it ended too.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

SwordofGideon wrote:

It reminds me of Dubai too, how quickly that country was transformed in a short time. If someone had unlimited resources and the will to do it, Babylon theoretically could be rebuilt in no time. I don't know if it that happen but things began in Mesopotamia and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it ended too.
:a3:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby good4u on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Free,

I think you might be mixing-up the former physical city of "Bablyon" in Iraq where King Nebuchanzer ruled in Persia with Rev. 17 which is "Mystery Bablyon"...which btw, they are not the same entities. I just don't have time to explain, I know, I know and I left you hanging...but trust me, they are not the same place...not even close. But when I saw who it more than likely is...it made incredible sense and fit Scripture. Okay, sorry for the tease...but they are not the same place, really.
"Spirituality wrongly understood or pursued is a major source of human misery and rebellion against God."

Dallas Willard
Professor, Univ. So. Calf. - Los Angeles
good4u

Return to Whatever (Almost)