Diets and health for Christians

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Re: Diets and health for Christians

Postby bchandler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 am

You said it. I recently watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". It is available on Netflix instant play.
I have begun juicing again myself. And my garden is going in over the next few weeks. Planting lots of stuff for juicing.
Carrots, kale, Pac Choy, peppers, cucumbers and melons.

When I juice kale, I can actually feel it hit my bloodstream. When it reaches my toes and fingertips (where I have nerve damage) I experience a nice warm tingling sensation, and my pain goes away for a while. I had forgotten what it was like not to feel like someone was driving nails through my feet every 20-30 minutes.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 am

BC - so glad to see you posting again! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Whoa. Just whoa.

I came across this report today:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/article ... 9.php#post

An exciting presentation at the International Liver Congress (TM) 2012 has revealed that gut microbiota play a contributing role in the development of diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) independent of obesity.

The French researchers underline that gut microbiota transplantation, i.e. grafting new microbiota from a healthy donor's faecal material and transplanting it into the colon of a diseased recipient, can potentially prevent diabetes and NAFLD.

In a 16-week animal study, the researchers transplanted gut microbiota into two groups of germ free mice. One set of microbiota was grafted from donor mice with symptoms of insulin resistance and liver steatosis (responders), whilst the other transplants were obtained from normal mice (non responders). The donor mice were selected based on their response to being fed a high fat diet.

The findings revealed that the germ free group that received microbiota from symptomatic mice, i.e. with responder receivers - RR, had a higher concentration of fat levels in their liver and were insulin resistant, whilst the germ free group that received microbiota from healthy mice, i.e. with non-responder-receivers - NRR, maintained normal levels of glucose, as well as insulin sensitivity.

Much more at site.

This really shines the light onto antibiotic use, and the link between antibiotics and some modern disease crises.

I'd just like to know where to get the probiotic that will help cure my insulin resistance and help me lose weight!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby AndCanItBe on Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

This is a helpful thread. We are starting to seriously change the way we eat at our house. It is hard. Trying to translate head knowledge into practical knowledge and use all this stuff feels like I'm learning to cook all over again. Whaaaa! I have to go buy a goat now so I can make some cheese to go with my whine. :boohoo:

I'm only half kidding. Goats are on the plan for next spring. :lol:
AndCanItBe

Postby GodsStudent on Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 pm

:lol: I tell you, ACIB, goat cheese, if made and mixed well, is SO GOOD!
We are moving to the country by the end of summer. We have been transitioning our eating habits, too. Just tonight my husband and I were talking about all the sickness we humans are having. He said it was because we don't grow what we eat. We smiled....soon enough, Lord willing, that wont be the case for our household.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 am

My parents have made the move to Kansas with us. They found a place out in Tonganoxie. We are putting in raised beds, a chicken coop/rabbit hutch, and I want to build a mushroom shed.

I recently began adding a lot more mushrooms and onions (cooked together) to my diet. I did this for their anti-cancer properties and their angio-genesis inhibitors. Angio-genesis inhibition basically means that they inhibit the formation of blood supply to both cancer and fatty tissues. This means they are awesome for weight loss also!

What I did not expect, but was a very pleasant surprise, was the reduction in neuropathic pain that occurs when I eat lots of mushrooms.

So, aside from being a great, and tasty meat substitute in many recipes, I am experiencing great health benefits, including some nerve regeneration it seems.

So, since the benefits have been so dramatic, and considering the cost of fresh mushrooms, I decided to look into growing my own. Growing fresh portabella mushrooms or wine caps on a compost bed, and shiitake and oster mushrooms on hardwood logs seems fairly straight forward. Both can be done indoors in a basement for example. Though the wood loving mushrooms do need a filtered light cycle to fruit.

Cycling through a collection of 15 4-8" logs is enough to provide a continuous supply shiitake or oyster mushrooms. Each log can be shocked into fruiting about once every 2 months.

I use mushrooms and onions in just about everything these days. As a meat substitute in my taco and burrito fillings, raw on my salads, as a firming agent in my black bean burger patties, to my miriad of bens and rice recipes, or just sauté and add to a raw veggie sandwich. The large wine caps and portabellas are excellent brushed with olive oil and grilled or sautéed whole with onions as a burger pattie.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby burien1 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

Glad you are doing well, Bchandler.

I have never liked mushrooms. Wish I did. Love Onions, though. :grin:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby RaptureReady on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 pm

bchandler,

You mentioned in an early post on this thread about using oil of thieves to control bacteria in the mouth. How do you use this? My saliva glands do not work properly and at night my mouth gets extremly dry which has caused me a lot of dental problems due to the dry environment for the bacteria to breed.

Also, where do you purchase your oil of thieves?
Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way. When you put your hand in God's hand, you will never walk alone
RaptureReady

Postby bchandler on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:43 am

Google Young Living Essential oils. Young living oils has oil of theeves, as well as deodorant, mouthwash, and toothpaste that contain this essential oil blend.

These things are all good... But for someone in your condition I would also recommend that you talk to your dentist about a getting a gingival conditioner.

This is a silicone mouth piece that has longer flanges to help massage the gums while you sleep.

It has air holes so you can breath, but it protects your gums and teeth from becoming too dry, and you will naturally Nash on it in your sleep. This will massage your gums, improving their tone. Your jaws will be very sore when you first get it... Like chewing gum for way to long. But your muscles will adjust and in the end you will be much healthier.

From your statements it sounds like your probably a mouth breather when you are asleep also. The appliance will help to correct that. If you are a grinder.. It will help with that too.
bchandler

Postby RaptureReady on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 am

bchandler,

Thank you for telling me about a gingival conditioner. I will ask my dentist about this device.

How do you use the oil of thieves essential oil for your mouth? Do you put a drop on your tounge or do you put some on your toothbrush? How often do you use it?
Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way. When you put your hand in God's hand, you will never walk alone
RaptureReady

Postby bchandler on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:16 am

I just bought the toothpaste from young living. The essential oil can be applied topically, and I sometimes put a couple drops of it in my tea.

Oil of oregano is another good anti-biotic.
bchandler

Postby RaptureReady on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you bchandler
RaptureReady

Postby RaptureReady on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm

bchandler,

I am not sure which toothpaste to purchase. Could you look at the following link and tell me which one you would recommend?: https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/home/oral-care Also, do you apply the oil of thieves essential oil directly on your gums? If so, how much do you use when doing so?
RaptureReady

Postby bchandler on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse... But which you choose is really up to you... They all contain thieves oil blend.

So they will all have what your looking for... So... Choose the one that has the rest of what you want as far as features.

Instructions for how to use the essential oil come with the bottle. And in its online description.

Following is the description of use from the Y.L. Website.

How to Use
For dietary, aromatic, or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as goat's or rice milk. Diffuse for short periods of time (1/2 hour or less) in the work or home environment.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Always dilute before applying to the skin or taking internally. Keep out of reach of children.
bchandler

Postby RaptureReady on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:02 pm

bchandler,

Thank you. I was not sure if one of the toothpaste selections was more therapeutic to kill bacteria rather than more ingredients for a whiter smile.
RaptureReady

Postby bchandler on Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 pm

A friend from work has a wife who had metastasized stage 4 colon cancer.

She couldn't handle the chemo, it messed with her visual cortex, and she still is having neurological episodes from the chemo, and just before she got off of chemo, her tests showed the tumors were still growing.

She decided to quit the traditional medicine route, and asked for some nutritional information.

Well, we got her juicing lots of vegetables, and got rid of a lot of toxic foods in her diet, and got her eating a lot more salads, vitamin D, fish oil, and a immune supporting mushroom extract, and turmeric ...

Her oncologist sneered at her and said, "you'll be back, but by then there will be nothing we can do".

To which she replied, "your already killing me now... At least this way I can enjoy what life I have left if I am going to die".

Well, about 6 months later... They tested her blood for cancer again... and her doctor told her not only were there ZERO cancer markers in her blood, but that she had the healthiest blood he had ever seen, which shouldn't have been so... As the chemo should have affected her immune system for quite a long time after quitting.

He then asked her what she was doing, and when she told him, he said... That couldn't possibly work... Must have been the chemo.. All 3 sessions of it... Well... She got herself a new doctor... And he did more blood tests, and confirmed the first doctors findings...NO CANCER... And when she told him what she had done, he began to explain to her that she had essentially taken a bunch of food stuffs and supplements currently being studied for chemical compounds to be used as less toxic chemo agents... So, at least she has a doc who is actually studying cutting edge medical science.

Well to cut this short, I can not tell you what a pleasure it was to offer someone "end of life" nutritional immune system support, and see them recover so completely from cancer.

Today the only effects that remain are those visual side effects caused by the initial 3 sessions of chemo.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 21, 2014 4:58 pm

bchandler: I have been doing a lot of research on juicing benefits for nerve damage. I have learned so much about the toxic effects of the standard American diet on all of us. It all started when one of our users sent me a video called "Fat, Tired and Nearly Dead." I got on a roll. I had already seen a youtube video called "sugar, the bitter truth" by endocrinologist Dr. Robert Lustig. I also listened to a fascinating show on TruNews where Rick Wiles interviewed Dr. Jeffrey S. Bland who wrote the book The Disease Delusion, which I ordered as both an e book and also the audio book. This book is hard to read as it has so much information and fact in it (not your fireside easy reading by any stretch of the imagination), but its INCREDIBLE what these doctors are doing and learning and demonstrating about both the body and God's foods...and the truth about the standard fast food and industry of boxed/easy food we've allowed ourselves to participate in building up by giving these companies our dollars and falling into place and continuing to do so.....

GodsStudent is striving for lots of change in her life. I have filed for divorce from sugar and other highly processed foods. I got an article on the internet called the dirty dozen which identifies those fruits and veggies high in pesticides (yes, the fruits and veggies actually absorb these killers and then we eat them and absorb them, too).....I am growing my own, as able, and learning how and where to buy organic, too......and juicing....I just bought a used one from a gal on Craigslist (there are tons of people listing these things much cheaper than you can get new).....and I have actually started juicing.

I want to restore my body and then once I have done that, I want to feel way better than I have in a long time. I am on an information quest like none other.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Thu May 22, 2014 10:13 am

GS,

Look into making a tea decoction of a woody conk mushroom known as Tiaga (Fomitopsis Pinicola).

It has the ability to trigger massive increases in stem cell production, causing regeneration of damaged tissues.

It may be able to help you speed and improve your level of recovery.

It's primary active ingredients include;
broad spectrum beta1, 3d glucanoids
Other polysaccharides
Turpenoids
Germanium compounds

All of which have huge beneficial affects in cleansing, detoxifying, repairing, regenerating, and improving oxygen uptake.

Other mushrooms that can help to provide these same benefits include:

Reishi (known as the mushroom of immortality in Japan)
Chaga (also known as the mushroom of immortality in China)
Agaricon
Fomitopsis Officinalis
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:06 pm

http://www.eflip.com/cool/andi.pdf

The link above is to an ANDI food scoring guide.

Here is the simplest way I know to express how to get and remain healed and healthy.

Health=H Nutrient density=N Calories=C

H=N/C

That is the simplicity of good health.

The ANDI food scoring guide scores food by their nutrient density from 0-1000. So, the higher the micronutrient density, the higher the ANDI score. While calories are a nutrient derived from fat, sugar, or protein, it is classed as a macronutrient and generally discounted in ANDI scoring.

Healthy doesn't get any simpler than this... Your nutrient density to calorie ratio.

Obviously the SAD has a completely inverted N/C ratio. (way too high in calories and low in nutrients) which is why it is so unhealthy and carcinogenic.

Another way to remember how to eat healthy is the acronym G.O.M.B.S.

Greens
Onions
Mushrooms
Beans
Seeds and nuts

These are listed in Order of desired quantity in the diet.

These also happen to be very anti-carcinogenic

Especially mushrooms and onions, and especially when cooked together

Women who consume the equivalent of 1 mushroom per day have a 69% decreased incidence of breast cancer. Women who included cooked onions with their cooked mushrooms had a decreased incidence of 89%.

That is massive!!!!! And that is just breast cancer! Overall cancer incidence decreases nearly 70% in people who regularly consume cooked mushrooms and onions together!

Just adding a daily aspirin taken at bed time to your routine, reduces overall cancer risk by 40%.

Adding an iodine supplement (you mustn't drink chlorinated water if you take iodine) reduces overall sexual organ cancer risk and breast cancer risk by 40%.

Certain mushrooms can boost immune and regenerative cell production by 2000-4000%.

The long and short of it is... If we eat right... We don't get cancer, diabetes or heart disease and we generally don't get sick.

So right there, we can eliminate 97% of the disease in our society. And yet, modern medicine and our government simply ignore the truest medicines available to us... The foods we put in our mouths.
bchandler

Previous

Return to Whatever (Almost)