Diets and health for Christians

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Re: Diets and health for Christians

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 am

BTW, the easiest way to flood your body with vitamin D that I know of, is to throw on the skimpiest most UV transparent outfit that you can find and go lay in full sun for 15-30 minutes per day.

15 min = about 2500 units.
30 min = about 5000 units.
60 min = about 10000 units.

30 min per day of sun exposure will not hurt you... In point of fact, there is evidence that when calcium intake is adequate, from food or supplements, increased sun exposure actually decreases skin cancer rates.
Last edited by bchandler on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 am

I recently bought a rowing machine to achieve just what you are talking about. I use the rowing machine to increase my heart rate and give me resistance against my own body weight. I love the rowing machines!!!! They aren't nearly as easy as the appear up front, but are fantastic at keeping the body toned and they don't put unnatural tension on any of the joints. I'll keep my rower over any of the others! :grin:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 pm

bc, when hubby left, I fought depression with both fists... It was a chilly March, but I needed sunshine badly. So I dressed for summer, and got myself a piece of clear plastic to wrap in. I got out my lounge chair and soaked up sunshine for an hour every day. It was my happy hour. Helped a lot with the grumpies!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby bchandler on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Yes, many diabetics suffer from depression... both because of the disease, and because of vitamin D and other uptake deficiencies that actually cause and drive depression.

So a good solid d3 supplement can be beneficial.

On another note,

I started adding this 30 super food powder to my morning juices recently. In just 2 weeks my BP normalized, and after a little more than a month... i am getting color back in my gray hair and beard. It is the strangest thing to actually see aging affects being reversed. It is so odd to see white hairs with colored roots in my brush and comb. It is also pretty exciting. I am hoping that combining my green juices with this 30 super-food powder, will eventually help to reverse my diabetes and reverse my need for reading glasses. It is also pretty amazing just how much better i am feeling.

My mental fog is clearing... (most of us have it, we just don't know it, until we do something that lifts it)... my mind is becoming sharper... Which is a natural affect of juicing... but it took me juicing full time and only eating dinner as a low calorie meal to affect that change before... This time I am eating pretty much what my family eats... cause i can't afford to buy my diet and theirs... Only difference being that I am drinking about 1 quart of green juice per day with this 30 super-food powder in it.

So far I am quite pleased with the results... oh yea... and i have lost a total of ~10 pounds this week... It seems that as my body is healing, it is burning fat at a gently increasing rate. I lost about 1 pound in week 1, gently increasing up to abut 3 pounds in week 5, and that is pretty amazing considering what my family actually eats.

I also started adding 1 tsp ea. of ground flax and Chia seeds to my green juices, for omega 3's and a protein boost... The ground chia seed produces a kind of gel when exposed to liquid... so it acts as a thickening agent and helps me to feel more full while consuming raw juices... It also adds a bit of fiber back into your juices, but it is nice and smooth, and slick... not gritty, or otherwise texturally unpleasant.

And yes... the same kind of seeds people used to sprout on their chia pets.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am

With Regard to beets, and canning/pickling your own versus store bought.

Red Beets are a phenomenal liver cleanser, and they can be enjoyed in a wide variety of ways:
    Shredded raw into a salad or a slaw.
    Juiced raw into a green juice, along with the beet greens.
    Canned in their own juice.
    Pickled in a solution that usually involves lots of vinegar.

Shredded you retain full sweet flavor and nutrition and fiber. Juiced you get extremely concentrated nutrition, including it's fabulous greens. Canned, you get it's minerals, fiber, and some fraction of the original vitamins and nutrients. But most if not all enzymes are dead. Pickled is complex, and has some issues that need to be understood.

Most commercially canned/pickled produce becomes very acid forming food. So in general you should avoid store bought stuff. Fortunately there are a great number of recipes out there for pickling or canning things like cucumbers and red beets. The main thing to keep in mind when pickling cucumbers and beets is this... ONLY RAW, UNPASTEURIZED APPLE cider vinegar will not cause your pickled produce to become an acid food.

There are also recipes that allow you to pickle produce without the excessive heat that would generally cause loss of nutrients. These recipes generally involve adding some minute quantity of Iodine or other antibacterial agent to the pickling water. Interestingly... the traces of Iodine seem to improve and enhance the flavor of foods. This affect is seen even in very short exposures, such as washing your store bought produce in a bath containing iodine rather than salt or chlorine, before putting it in your refrigerator.

When i consume red beets raw, i generally wash them well and peel them. When i juice them, i generally wash them well, scrubbing them with a plastic or copper scratch pad to remove any fine roots and dirt from the surface. I cut the top off the beet and bottom off the leaves because the top of the beet and base of the leaves can retain a lot of dirt, and i don't want the flavor of dirt in my juice.

In general, I am switching to using clean water dosed with a few drops of Lugol's Iodine solution as my preferred vegetable wash.

Pickled beets and cucumbers that are home made as noted above, are powerful alkalizing foods that are enjoyable and help to prevent cancer and promote healing. Those found in the store are usually pickled with cheap vinegars that are strong acid forming compounds, and convert the foods prepared in them into acid forming foods, which promote disease and cancer.

I know at least one person said that they can't even stand the smell from opening pickled beets. I know what you mean... the body has a strong aversion to the odor of most vinegars. Red wine vinegar, and apple cider vinegar are IMO the only two vinegars that should be used in food, and even they should be raw, and unpasteurized. I suspect that if you made your own pickled produce using only these vinegars, your aversion would be overcome.

It is actually quite healthful to consume raw apple cider vinegar and fresh squeezed lemon juice diluted in water, every day. Lemon is one of the most powerful alkaline (it is acidic to start but it's and stage products are alkaline) forming juices we know of, but it can apparently raise BP.

I will try to find some good pickling recipes and post some links.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 am

:ummm: Even tho' I didn't say it to you, I am one of those people who cannot stand to even be around an opened can of picked beets. It is the smell of that which causes me to believe that I cannot stand beets. I've never actually eaten one because I would not be able to get it into my mouth before.....you know what I mean.

I am wondering if I should reconsider beets which are fresh?

If you were me, how would you prepare your very first natural beet (not the canned variety) to get preferred results (as in I am not rushing to the bathroom to spit it out)?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

juice it with your carrot juice... you will understand just how sweet it is when you do.

Don't add the beet greens until you have tried it first... then you can try adding greens.
bchandler

Postby Loop on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 am

http://1-thyroid.com/order.htm

bchandler what do you think of these, would they be worth ordering ? ...

And can you give or send me more info on the mix you have ...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby bchandler on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

Loop wrote:http://1-thyroid.com/order.htm

bchandler what do you think of these, would they be worth ordering ? ...

And can you give or send me more info on the mix you have ...

Well, from what I can read these are very close in formulation to both Lugol's solution and Idoral tablets. It has a few extras for utilization, and binders for forming into tablets... but it looks like the binders are essentially cellulose, which should break down easily in the stomach.

I went through some of the information on the website, and so far i like what i see.

I also like the Iodine4health.com website. Lots of good info at both places.

I was using prolamine, but ran out and can't get any more from my source they were bought out and on backorder. I am currently looking for a chemical supply place that can provide USP grade KI and I crystals, so i can make my own 5% Lugol's solution. Most of the suppliers sell it in bulk, which is a bit spendy when you only want to make 100ml at a time.

I am also looking at a veterinary source of Lugol's. It is really cheap, and is used in maintaining saltwater tanks, and is just as pure as the USP... it is just not subject to the same USDA/FDA regulations and inspection.

I found some locally, but it was a small dropper bottle... didn't last long... and was only a 2% solution. So at the moment i am taking the best formulation i could find at my health food store, while i find a solid source of Lugol's or crystals to make my own.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Fighting Cancer a Natural Approach

The above link is good information for anyone who is battling cancer, or if you have loved ones doing the same, and who want to either supplement or completely replace their Cancer treatment regimen with YHWH's natural healing ways.

This is going to be a series of weekly health tips on cancer, so if you are interested in following the series, join the site and choose to receive the health tips in e-mail
bchandler

Postby Loop on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Bbhandler have you tried the Barley Max and if so, can you tell it makes you feel any better, I'm going on four days of eating mostly raw salid and veg.s, but haven't gotten the barley max. I'm planning on starting the sixty day challenge starting the first of the month and hubby has agreed to try..... (try) LOL..
One day was clear liquids though because of an ultra sound. Been having a headache probably due to sinus's.
Really interested in the Barley max, just how bad it tastes and if it really helps...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:40 am

Your headaches are probably due to your body flushing out toxins due to the clean food you are eating. Certain raw veggies have powerful cleansing properties. So it is very important to drink extra water during the initial cleansing/adjustment stage of your dietary transformation. If the headaches become "unbearable" (which if you are really toxic they can get really bad) you can slow or temporarily stop the cleansing reaction by eating some cooked food. I usually prefer to use a piece of clean protein or vegetable soup to do this.

I don't use the barley max... i found a local version created in exactly the same way (organic, grown in volcanic soil, and low temperature spray dried (<100deg. F). It is available at my local health food store... it is called "Just Barley".

It has no alfalfa juice in it. (you can order barley max without alfalfa also if you want).

I can tell you that i notice a huge difference when i take my barley juice powder... especially if i skip a day and double up the next day.

To me it feels as if every cell in my body is hollering WOO HOOO we got good stuff to work with.

I have been trying a different nutritional juice powder lately though. One that is network marketed. So i won't go into details here.

Unfortunately my finances have been so tight this last year, i have not been able to keep the diet i want... because my wife won't eat it... and won't buy it... cause then she wouldn't have money for "her stuff".

But... i try to at least keep my juicing protocol going, which includes an identical product to barley max without alfalfa.

I really do want to try the trio max product though... probably after we get settled in Kansas. We should be moving mid May or so.
bchandler

Postby Loop on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Thank you bc I appreciate it..
My hubby is going to be tough on this, he loves his Rootbeer pop and you can't get him to drink water, let alone eating mostly veg's and fruit, but if I can get him to eat more I figure I've still won as it is better then his pizza craving's LOL!..

And one more thing on the liver cleanse recipe you put on here how often would you drink it ?
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:50 pm

I don't do specific schedules... carrot apple, or carrot celery apple is my base... And any more i don't use much apple, but you may need to to get them to drink it.

I add whatever leafy greens and other root vegetables i feel like. I like spinach and red beets so i do it fairly often. I prefer parsley over cilanto so i use that more often. But... they have a tendency to chelate different heavy metals.

If you scrub the beet skins well with a plastic scratch pad or peel them, you wont get a dirt flavor. It isn 't actually dirt... it is just really strong on the very surface of the skin. I find the beets and carrots are sweet enough that i hardly need apples any more.

The more and heavier greens you use, the more likely you will need to sweeten with apple.

my main greens are spinach, parsley, cilantro, kale, and bok choy, and cabbages. (cabbage is nasty... so i do cabbage apple, and slam it down)

My main roots are carrot, and beets.

I use liquid stevia or apples to sweeten. (stevia cause of my diabetes)

I love bok choy with mashed sweet potatoes too. One of my favorite all time dishes is Steamed salmon, and lightly steamed Bok Choy, served on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes, and crisp rice noodles.. (I know it isn't raw and has some meat... but eating potatoes raw is kinda rough...lol) A dish like that is kind of a special and sweet treat for me.

I don't do much in the way of mellons like i used to... lots of fiber and nutrients.. .but tons of fructose sugar too. And they got wicked expensive last year. But I am gonna grow em once we get moved.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:02 pm

oh... for the delight of the kiddies and hubby, start replacing as much junk sweets as possible with fruit sorbets. (if your juicer can make them)

These are packed with nutrition and low glycemic index treats that your kids (and you) can eat as much as you want of (within reason). Again i sweeten with liquid stevia in order to keep sugars to a minimum. I just buy bags of frozen berries at the store... whatever is on sale... mix em up and and run them through my champion juicer with the solid plate in... if it is too tart, as berries often are... i add a drop or 2 of stevia and mix it into the sorbet by hand with a paddle or spoon, until it is sweetened to taste. Then place it in serving dishes, bowels or cones... If you have a nice kitchen aid mixer with a folding paddle or even kneeding hooks can work... you can make it up in bulk sweeten it to taste in the mixer and then toss it in a freezer container... then you only make it about once a week... and you can get rid of the ice cream...lol

you can freeze the sorbets into Popsicle trays for easy serving as well. Only draw back is berry based stains on fabrics can be a bear to get out.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Also, if you have a dehydrator... you can dehydrate fruit purees into your own home made fruit leather. (fruit roll-ups)

Again sweeten with stevia to taste and a little lemon juice can help to protect color as the puree dries. I don't really care about the color... but the kiddies might.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:49 pm

BC, I know you said this before, but what kinds of liquid stevia should I try?

Also, I am growing stevia in my garden. It's already huge....so......what do I do now?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

bc do you know if stevia would react the same way in the liver as regular carbs and suger ?

As my dr is thinking I have NASH, the sugers react in the liver.. the same as If I were drinking...

I haven't really accepted it, but I've decided as my mom is diabetic, it would be better to start living better anyhow.
I had an aunt who had it soooo... I can't say I'm not a little worried.. trying not to though...
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm not familiar with the term NASH can you elaborate?

Never mind I looked it up... the causes are all metabolic syndrome x related, except for the pharmacy related causes:
Drugs and toxins — Several drugs used to treat medical conditions have been linked to NASH, including amiodarone (Corderone®, Pacerone®), tamoxifen (Nolvadex®, Tamone®), perhexiline maleate (Pexhid®), steroids (eg, prednisone, hydrocortisone), and synthetic estrogens. Pesticides that are toxic to cells have also been linked to NASH.

What this means is that you need to avoid as much HFCS and fructose sources as you can, and your diet changes will help immensely. It is fructose overload that damages the liver and is now known to cause insulin resistance first in the liver, then in other areas. It is this resistance in the liver that overstimulates insulin production as well as causing all kinds of erroneous chemical signals to be sent to the rest of the body... At least from what I am reading these days. So, healing the liver will help to heal the body. Obviously if you are on any of the above medications or similar anti-inflammatories you might look into alternative natural anti-inflammation measure. If you are taking synthetic hormones, you might want to look at replacing them with natural ones.

So... it looks like mostly steroids, and steroidal anti inflammatories, and maybe birth control pills... or other synthetic estrogen sources.

Stevia extract is as safe as anything i know of. It has been used in Asia for 30-40 years with no known side affects, and it is not insulin stimulating. I have no idea how steviosides (what makes stevia sweet) are process, but as far as i know they do not follow any sugar metabolite pathway.

Do not use powdered stevia, as it is usually mixed with chlorinated chemicals and/or malto-dextrin... which becomes dextrose (sugar).

The only place i use powdered stevia is when i need to bake AND the recipe needs the sugars for chemical reaction purposes. And i hardly bake at all any more.

You want nuts... I opened a can of tomato soup today for lunch... second thing on the ingredient list? HFCS! They stick it into EVERYTHING! I can hardly find a jam or jelly that isn't loaded with it... and of course all soda pop is drowning in it.

You may need to avoid eating fruit until your liver is better... My suspicion is that by the time you finish the 60 day challenge your condition will have reversed for the most part. Just keep in mind that your body will need a lot more fat while eating this way... First you let the fat come from your own stores... then once they are depleted, you add enough extra fat to prevent further weight loss.
bchandler

Postby Loop on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

The dr told me to stay completely away from Milk and cheese, anything to do with milk. And to stay away from as much beef as I could. She really didn't say much else but handed me a paper she had printed off.
I don't take medicine unless a total have to case, absolutely hate to take anything. They had told me not to take any tylinol products "acetaminafin (sp) at all and she said milk and its products are poisen to me as all the chemical's go's into it.
Yea, I love cheese and milk. :(
But didn't say it had anything to do with being diabetic or "syndrom x", I was told to avoid this stuff a couple years ago. But they really didn't make it sound all that important.
This time she said Don't eat or drink or take this and that Its poisen to you.. "scarey"....
I've never been one to eat lots of sweets, and I don't drink pop, however I do put lemon juice in my water at times and drink weak apple juice.
I really appreciate the info...
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby bchandler on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/patien ... titis-nash

That's the link i pulled info from...

All of the non pharmacy causes are metabolic syndrome symptoms. Medicine treats them as separate diseases... but they are symptomatic of the overall condition.

So yea... They say there is no cure... but then they don't think diet can cure anything.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 am

GodsStudent wrote:BC, I know you said this before, but what kinds of liquid stevia should I try?

Also, I am growing stevia in my garden. It's already huge....so......what do I do now?

:answerthequestion:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:08 am

In case I haven't told you , I really appreciate you all the help... :blessyou:
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:28 am

Loop wrote:In case I haven't told you , I really appreciate you all the help... :blessyou:

Yes, I appreciate your help, too, BC!!!

(Still trying to get some direction for the liquid stevia, tho).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:30 am

um.. i just buy it at my health food store. It comes in a dropper bottle usually. I would have no idea how to extract purified steviosides from the raw plant matter. I imagine you could try juicing it... let me know how that works out... but from everything i have read, some people find the aftertaste unpleasant.

Lisa have you tried any of the raw plant? What was your impression of it?

Here is what i found... and the link to a great article on Stevia
http://www.stevia.com/Stevia_Article/Fr ... s_FAQ/2269

Q) Can I make my own Stevia Extract?

A) Yes. A liquid extract can be made from the whole Stevia leaves or from the green herbal Stevia powder. Simply combine a measured portion of Stevia leaves or herbal powder with pure USP grain alcohol (Brand, or Scotch will also do) and let the mixture sit for 24 hours. Filter the liquid from the leaves or powder residue and dilute to taste using pure water. Note that the alcohol content can be reduced by very slowly heating (not boiling) the extract and allowing the alcohol to evaporate off. A pure water extract can be similarly prepared, but will not extract quite as much of the sweet glycosides as will the alcohol. Either liquid extract can be cooked down and concentrated into a syrup.

So, apparently you can use the raw plant, or dry it grind it to a powder... and then extract it with 100% (200 proof) drinking alcohol (ever clear) or purified water. For diabetics, avoiding the alcohol or cooking it off is probably a good idea.

These are some of the best stevia products i have found on the market, and they have a very complete selection of products for every use. including baking. And no... i am not affiliated with them at all.
http://www.nunaturals.com/productcategory/20
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey BC: Thanks for that info. My stevia plants are getting huge, so I will need to try to get a hold of some grain alcohol and test out the making of the liquid. I will be bringing my plants in over the winter this year so that I can hopefully keep them going strong. If I can make a stevia liquid I like, then I will have a sustainable method for sweetening things.

I have only eaten the stevia leaves by themselves, and never really learned how to use them in drinks or food. The one time I crushed and put in sweet tea, I didn't get the concentration right, and it wasn't sweet enough. I need to learn more about that. I am looking forward to learning more about stevia. I wonder if stevia would sweeten things run through the juicer? Just thinking out loud here.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 pm

when you tried it... did it have a bitter aftertaste? or how did you like it?

You can do the extraction with water too... don't need alcohol... I am wondering if distilled water would work better or if purified is all that is needed.

I am also thinking i could run it through my champion with the solid plate in it to puree the leaves prior to adding the water for extracting the steviosides. I just have no idea if that would be any better. i hink i'm gonna have to get a plant now and try some stuff.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:41 pm

I know!!! I need to learn more about getting the stevia to root and come back so it won't cost much to try some stuff out.

The powder did have an aftertaste. I also read reviews on liquid stevias and saw that people said it had an aftertaste. Someone mentioned licorice aftertaste and I'm wondering if this was from the grain alcohol.

I really do want this thing with liquid stevia (making or buying) to work out for me because it would exponentially increase the odds that I am successful with lifestyle CHANGE. I just can't drink water only, and I am having trouble getting enough drink in me when I cut out what I normally drink. I am dehydrating at this rate (or caving and drinking the sugary stuff).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 am

lol Lisa... i buy a 25 Lb. bag of carrots every 2-3 weeks. and every week i buy whatever greens i am going to juice for that week. I juice enough for 3 days, sealed in full air tight containers to retard oxidization. I probably drink at least 4 8oz cups of juice per day. I also drink about the same amount of water. I am never dehydrated.

Most greens are about 75% water. Regardless of what else you eat... if you are eating 1-2Lbs of salad per day, you are getting water from that as well. So... If you are dehydrating it might be because of the amount of caffeine you consume. Caffeine is a diuretic... which means it makes you urinate a lot... which means you are dumping water you don't need to. Of course, high blood sugars can make you eliminate a lot of extra water too.

Keep your juicer set up, and out on your counter, and ready to go. That way when you are thirsty, you can grab a handful of carrots and an apple and a handful or 2 of greens and quench your thirst. And it takes all of a couple of minutes to make your drink. I found the green juices did a marvelous job of quenching my thirst.

Also, start cutting back on the caffeine. I make tea in bulk so sometimes i buy loose tea... either way, to reduce caffeine you can buy both caffeinated and decaffeinated and blend it. Slowly switching over to full decaf. I used a blend of regular tea and rooibos tea. Today, i drink mostly rooibos, and occasionally Yerba Matte which has less caffeine than regular tea or coffee. If you haven't tried Rooibos, pick it up. It is 50X more powerful than green tea, without the caffeine. And the way you southerners sweeten your tea, you probably won't notice much difference from regular tea.

Has your doctor put you on Metformin? or any diabetes drugs?
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Some good suggestions here. I haven't started juicing, yet. Been eating salads and lots of raw fruits and veggies so far. Im also taking whole food vitamins and omega 3s and reservatrol. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't found a way to completely eliminate sugar from my diet,yet, either. At least I'm honest.... :mrgreen:

In rereading my post above, I said "I "cant" drink water only!" I see it's my attitude, but so far, my counter attitude (the positive one who is strangely elusive and stubborn to motivate) isn't strong enough. I am getting there, but it's not going like the "dream" in my mind saw it happening. It's so easy to say "Im gonna do this thing or that," and think that because we were committed mentally, and in the moment, we are going to magically be able to actually do that. Im just frankly learning that it doesn't work that way, not in everyday, all day, application. I don't have the right attitude every day, all day. I do feel good about making some subtle changes in daily habits. Overall, I see this as lending to success in the end, but at least for me, it's hard to stay focused and 100% committed, and honestly....Im not staying focused...I'm 100% committed to the change, but I seem to be falling all over the wagon, and off a lot, too. (lol)

My dr. would like for me to take metformin or other diabetic meds, but so far, I won't fill the script again. Last year, I filled the script and more times than not, my blood sugar would drop too low before I ate. I have a bad habit of not thinking about food until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and :disappointed: diabetics aren't supposed to do that. They are supposed to eat in the morning, at noon, at 3, at 6.....Also, if I don't eat sugar, my sugar levels are ok.... I don't like rice and potatoes very much, and there isn't enough sugar in fruits and veggies to set my blood sugars off, for me, its breads, sweet drinks, and candy (once in a while it's ice cream or deserts).

Now that my sugar levels are starting to get higher on average, I may have to change this "position" I've taken, but I prefer that I change my lifestyle to my position. I don't like all the meds. and would rather lose any excess weight, exercise more (I just bought a rowing machine), and learn to eat better.....I know juicing would "juice me up, too," and I will eventually incorporate this, too.....but I haven't been able to get to it all, all at once.....Im working on this stuff.

I was thinking yesterday that I need to get to my friend's house so I can borrow her juicer. She's been on vacation and now she's back home. I will tell you what kind she has when I find out.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Actually, BC....my diet used to consist of coffee from waking till about 11am. Then, I'm thirsty, so I fix a big glass of sweet tea with lemon and that gets me through till lunchtime for me, which is about 2...then I eat a sandwich or pizza on french bread with a refill on tea....more tea until dinnertime, and then comes a regular dinner of whatever I cook for my family followed by tea until bedtime.

Think about it....I have been living off tea (and if I have it, chocolate or some other candy during the late afternoon as a pick me up because I am crashing).

So, this is where we are coming from. Now, for where we are getting to.... :disappointed: Its a shame, right? I'm having to learn how to eat food and get used to being full in my stomach....It's no big mystery to me why I've been diagnosed diabetic, but I wonder how well my body would work if I gave it what God gave us to give it. Im a getting real good at shopping the outer isles in the grocery store when I go....yea!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 pm

wow... and all that coffee and tea is southern style (sweetened till it is almost syrup)? That's a whole lotta sugar.

Yea... sounds like you need to find some rooibos tea in bulk... probably need to order it on-line. And sweeten with stevia drops.

http://lifespantea.com/

That site is one you can probably order bulk rooibos from... red, green, and flavored.

or just google bulk rooibos tea

you'll find more than you can shake a stick at... and you can feel good about drinking them.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah...I like the flavor of sweet tea, but more than that, I am thinking about the fact that I still "crave" sugar, but now when I eat some (like candy after my sandwich at lunch), instead of feeling a rush of energy, I feel dizzy, light headed, vision is hard to focus.....anyway, I was thinking about what I eat and perhaps why. I think it all comes down to energy. Its the boost I am getting from the caffeine and sugar, but the problem is, I have been getting my fuel this way so long that it's turned me into a diabetic. The energy boost I used to get has turned into a "sick feeling" since it shoots my sugar up real high and instead of energy, I feel almost seasick like.

I have moved food out and caffeine and sugar in. It's even worse, I don't like to feel full, because when I do, I feel stable and health wise, good, but I don't have the extra energy. This is why I said I am getting used to having a full feeling in my stomach. I am also taking vitamins and hoping they, along with the rowing machine, will give me more energy.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Sun May 01, 2011 1:25 pm

If your blood-sugars are so high that you are feeling nausea... that is not good. Get the sugar out of the house and grab yourself some protein bars, or atkins bars to snack on instead.

If your blood sugars are that high you are causing kidney, eye, and nerve damage every time you blow you sugars that high... which means you are blowing your risk of complications sky high... probably not today, but down the road a bit.

You can go blind, kidneys can fail, or you could lose important super fine nerve function in any organ system. Most commonly the intestines, eyes, ears, fingers, and toes.

This is no joke.. i have neuropathy, and trust me.. you don't need that pain on top of your fibro.

BTW, if you go to the testimonials section on hacres.com you will find testimonials on diabetes reversal and fibro reversal.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 01, 2011 4:09 pm

I will have to check that out on hacres. I listened to all of the seminar you mentioned before (like 15 sections, forgot the name of it) and it made me, in the moment, want nothing more than to juice for the rest of my life! Problem is, as I described above, applying it to daily life is not quite as easy as it seems. I am doing better, BC....don't worry :mrgreen: I'm working on this thing. My sugars have never gone much higher than 200 (low 200s).....but I have been diagnosed as diabetic and I do know that I can't go on with this "lifestyle." I have to learn how to eat food and quit living off of quick sources of energy like caffeine and sugar.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm

I know I'm not supposed to have a lot of sweets, but I tried the Kale salid, man I should "not" have tried it... It was just "way" too good.. :wink:
I thought it looked terrible, but decided to try it anyway.. :oops: Mmmmm! mmmmm! Good..
HA Acre's has some terrific recipe's! Even hubby liked it , and thats saying a lot... :grin:
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby bchandler on Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Kale is one of those veggies that is fantastic when it is fresh, but if it sits in the store more than about 24 hours (or your house after picking for more than 2-3 days) it can start to turn bitter. But kale is awesome stuff... the fresher the better the taste, and it is a nutritional giant among plants.

Kale is also fleshy enough to provide some textural pleasure in what you are eating... Mushrooms are also great for providing familiar textural pleasure similar to what we drive from eating meat.

Kale is one of those things you can plant in containers, and grow year round... indoors in the winter, and hottest summer months. It is a cool weather crop, like most leafy greens.

Once i get moved and settled in, i will be replacing all of my household plants with edible cool weather plants in large planting containers. Things like Kale, Bok Choy, and Romain. Along with herbs like parsley and cilantro. You can also plant carrots, beets and other root type plants in containers, taking them out for sun when it is warm, and bringing them in when it gets too cold. Of course you can also just build your own greenhouse pretty cheaply also. all you need is rebar, PVC pipe, some 4 way PVC fittings, UV plastic sheeting, and UV silicone adhesive.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 am

bchandler

Postby gracebyfaith on Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 am

Just trying to keep it simple, God has the answers if we turn from the world and listen to Him. Check the statistic’s, if you have ever listened to God and followed you have never been let down. Listen to man, or self, well that is another story. Want a cure, here is one with logic, (logos) look it up, because it is what John claimed Jesus to be.

STRICT DIET

Alfalfa, Asparagus, Barley Grass, Green Beans, Beets*, Broccoli**, Brussel sprouts*, Cabbage, Carrot**, Cauliflower*, Celery, Chlorella, Cucumber, Dandelions, Edible Flowers, Eggplant, Fermented Veggies, Garlic**, Greens* - Beet, Chard, Collard, Mustard, Wild, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms*, Nightshade Veggies, Onions, Parsnips (high glycemic), Peas, Peppers, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabaga, Spinach*, Spirulina, Living Sprouts*, Squashes, Sweet, Potatoes, Watercress

Daikon Radish, Dandelion Root, Maitake, Reishi and Shitake Mushrooms, Sea Veggies - Kelp*, Kombu, Nori and Wakame Seaweed, Umeboshi (pickled plums)

Apple, Apricot*, Avocado, Banana (high glycemic), Berries inc. - Blackberries, Raspberries**, Strawberries*, Goji* , Cherries, sour: Coconut, fresh: Currants and Raisins, Dates and Figs, both dried, Grapes *Purple, Red: Grapefruit, Lemon and Lime, Melon - Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Musk, Water, Nectarine, Orange and Tangerine, Peach, Pear, Pineapple*, Umeboshi Plums, Rhubarb, Tomato*, Tropical Fruits

Cottage Cheese, Chicken Breast, Nuts - Especially Almonds* and Chestnuts, Seeds - Pumpkin, Sprouted, Sunflower - Millet, Tempeh (fermented), Tofu (fermented), Yogurt, Plain*, unsweetened soy milk

All Herbs: Cayenne** and Chili Pepper, Curry - Tumeric**, Cinnamon - Ginger, Miso - Tamari, Sea Salt

Apple Cider Vinegar, Bee Pollen*, Lecithin Granules, Molasses, blackstrap: Butter, unsalted: Soured Dairy Products, Probiotic Cultures, Marine Phytoplankton**, Alkaline Antioxidant Water - Mineral Water, Tea - Dandelion, Essiac*, Green*, Herbal, Ginseng, Kombucha, Fresh Fruit Juice - Green Juices and Wheat Grass Juice**- Veggie Juices, Organic Milk (unpasteurized)

ALKALIZING MINERALS

Cesium: pH 14 - Potassium: pH 14 - Sodium: pH 14 - Calcium: pH 12 - Magnesium: pH 9

Drink a glass of water containing a ½ teaspoon of baking soda three times a day!!

Cut off all sugar!

A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer!

A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine, Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water – best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic. Avoid it!

Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells!

Also do the dandelion root it will help tremendously. (without washing the root before drying) This will help the immune system and other things)

I put this together some time ago and do not remember the sources but I do know they were not copy right material.

Now let me explain where and why I got this. I had a girlfriend who’s husband had lung cancer that had metastasized to the brain. I prayed for them for a long time till God showed me their belief system (I will not name) would not allow him to be healed. That is when my prayers started going in a different direction. The night I was to meet with her and shear with her this information, he had passed away. I was devastated.

How God brought me to this to began with is on a molecular level but I must first start with the atom to bring understanding of my understanding.

As we know the atom is made up of negatively charged electrons, positively charged protons and neutral neutrons. This is kind of the way I used to understand God as positively charged, touching all things positive like a magnet, therefore He could be in all places and not and know all things.

Unfortunately, I was wrong because I wanted God to be the positive charge, not understanding at the time that in this world everything is backward. Now lets go the molecular side. Cancer produces a more positive charge taking away from the life giving negative charge of the cell. Sound to simple, well most things given us by God usually are but we are just to darn smart to know it.

As with any thing, pray about it, research it, and believe when you pray. Lay everything at the Saviors feet not trusting your own thoughts and that of others on a matter. Praise the Lord in all things.

Just watching and decided to join and post this for you guys.
gracebyfaith

Postby daffodyllady on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 am

I was diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease this year. I have been losing weight, but very slowly, which they say is a good thing.

I have discovered something wonderful: Pantothenic Acid.

Last week, I began taking 500mg/day. Pantothenic Acid has been proven to be completely safe, up to 1200mg/day. And even then, it may only cause some diarrhea.

Studies show that Pantothenic Acid at these therapeutic levels can really help with out of whack Cholesterol and fatty liver disease. This vitamin is used to create Coenzyme A, which is a catalyst for burning fat in the liver. It has been proven to help reduce inner abdominal fat. Also helps with skin problems and tired adrenals. It is so effective in lowering triglycerides and raising HDL cholesterol, that it is used in Japan and Europe instead of statin drugs!

I have been taking it for a week now. I feel smaller around my middle! My energy levels are up, and therefore my mood, too. :grin: I think I am going to keep this up!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Loop on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:18 am

Hey daf I was also diagnosed with fatty liver before the NASH, I decided to go on the Halilujah Acre's diet the 60 days to better health, I have been pleased with the results, the liver enzymes have dropped although not completely normal, the Prayer and diet are working, I havn't tried the pantothenic acid but it sounds worthwhile for trying, I sure appreciate the info... Praying for your complete healing also.. :a3: :hugs:
Psalms 91
Loop

Postby bchandler on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I like the sounds oif the pantothenic acid... i expect my wife and i both could use it. tired adrenals also contribute to out of whack cortisol levels which increaes abdominal fat and insuline resistance. So at first blush it sounds good.

Iodine in the form of Lugol's solution has also been seen to help with adrenal health and balance.

I am thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the Hallelujah diet, and look forward to hearing more about how your 60 day challenge went.

I am not online much these days... too much work, and no computer... it's still in storage in utah... found work in 3 days in kansas. Was out of work over a year in utah. Wife was over 2 years out of work. She is still looking for work here.

We own our home outright now... but it took all of my cash... and now i am trying to put together the funds to ship my household goods from utah to my new home...
bchandler

Postby burien1 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 pm

I am not online much these days... too much work, and no computer... it's still in storage in utah... found work in 3 days in kansas. Was out of work over a year in utah. Wife was over 2 years out of work. She is still looking for work here.

Thank God for answered prayer over your new job. It must be exciting starting out fresh in a whole new place.

I'm blessed to have my little homestead paid for. But with my governor pushing sustainable development big time, they could force me out so they could build a big housing development. They already forced people in one area, to sell their waterfront property to them, so big developers could become richer.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby daffodyllady on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:07 pm

bchandler, what an answer to prayer! And what a confirmation of God's leading. I am so happy for you. Hope the homesteading is going well!
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Okay, even though some here will disagree with it, I am trying to do the Atkins diet...

I am trying to reduce my carbohydrate intake, and up the fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, vegetables, etc in my diet.

I have found a wonderful substitute for bread! FLAX SEED MEAL!

Here is a recipe for flax "bread" that works well for sandwiches:

FLAX BREAD
Mix together: 2 cups of flax meal, 1 Tbsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt.
Whirl in blender: 5 eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup oil.
Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients, and stir together.
Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or foil. Pour into it the batter, which will be thickening up rapidly. Spread evenly in pan.

Bake @ 350F for 20 minutes. When done, loosen edges with a knife, pop out upside down onto a cooling rack, and peel the foil or paper off the underside. Cut into 6 or 8 equal squares.
Each of these squares may be sliced horizontally, and used for sandwiches.
Or, you can make "toast" by frying a slice in a skillet, and topping with cheese or an egg. YUM.

Variations on the bread recipe: thin it down a little with water, and use to make pancakes. Tops!
Also, apple muffins may be made by adding a little Stevia to the blender, adding cinnamon and nutmeg to the dry stuff, and then shredding an unpeeled apple into the batter. Add nuts if desired. Makes about 15 of the best muffins you could wish for.

Flax seed has no net carbohydrate. However it is full of protein, fiber, and Omega-3's. ONE of those muffins will give you 2 grams carbs (from the apple), 5 grams fiber, and as much protein as 2 medium eggs.

A sandwich square gives no net carbs, lots of protein and fiber as well... but go easy on this stuff, until you get used to the fiber! :wink:

Edited to add:
I have found a reasonable source for flax seed meal-- a local bulk foods store. Also, the seeds can easily be ground into meal in the blender. Seeds run $1.29 a lb here.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi daffodylady: Do you know if this Flax Bread is gluten free? :dunno:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Hi daffodylady: Do you know if this Flax Bread is gluten free? :dunno:

Yes, it is!
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm on this kick to clear all processed foods out of my system. In addition, I am wanting to eliminate gluten from my diet, too. I think (but boy does this scare me!), I think that breads contain gluten. :( Oh....I love bread. No potato and rice for me, but bread is a personal favorite.

So, I will be trying this recipe! :hehe: Thanks for sharing it!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:50 pm

GodsStudent,
Boy, have you nailed it! Bread is the biggest gluten no-no of all. If you are just out to eliminate gluten, but not all grains, there are a few grains that are gluten free. Spelt, for instance, is more like what wheat used to be in Jesus' day, than the mutant versions of wheat we eat today.

One thing about eating lower carb... the substitutes for high-carb foods will not give the same serotonin kick that makes the carb stuff so addictive. It takes time and determination to kick the habit. The substitutions do help, though.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:33 pm

For me, anything labeled "convenience food" is poison to our bodies. I am amazed that we opt for a soft drink over even juice. Soft drink = chemicals, no nutrients for our bodies whatsoever, but we consume this stuff daily, and sometimes even all through the day. Chips, dips....all processed, with most nutrients being overwhelmed by the negative effects of preservatives and the sheer fact that since fiber does not last long, most of the food we consume is devoid of it (or anything that comes in a box or shrink wrap is, anyway)...so it sits and rots in our system. Then, there's all the gmo fruits and vegetables. I know that when we eat raw fruits and vegetables (God's seeds), we are consuming live enzymes that aid our bodies in various ways. When we cook these veggies and fruits, we kill the live enzymes. So, when we eat gmo, we are eating live enzymes that were designed to make an impact on non human levels.....ie: resist mold, grow at an unnaturally fast rate, etc.

IMO, and this is MO, we have given over our health in favor of convenience and expedience. Don't get me wrong, I am hooked on all these processed foods, too. I crave boxed stuff and for days will walk by a piece of fruit until its finally rotted.

My resolution, be it New Years or just for life, is to use what I know, and to choose to COME UP OUT OF HER, LEAST I SHARE IN HER PLAGUES. The food we are eating is making us weak, sick (cancer, heart disease, etc). It will take some time, but I am rearranging what I consume and what I consider food (in my mind). It will take some time, but I am also implementing the ability to produce what God gave us as His food, because anything else, at least for me, just won't do. This lifestyle of convenience is costing us dearly, IMO.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever (Almost)