Why America’s Elites Want to End the Middle Class

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Why America’s Elites Want to End the Middle Class

Postby Ready1 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:39 pm

By Edward Ring

April 4, 2021
A recent column by Victor Davis Hanson titled “Radical New Rules for Post-America” lists “10 new ideas that are changing America, maybe permanently.” Hanson offers a thorough description of what’s wrong: Fiscal and monetary negligence, selective enforcement or nonenforcement of laws, anti-white racism, rights and privileges for immigrants over citizens, an infantilized culture, hypocrisy, urban chaos, censorship and cancel culture, politicized “science,” and “woke” as the new religion, with Big Tech as the clergy.

While there may not be a more succinct description of the new and radical rules Americans face these days, Hanson is covering familiar territory. But what is the cause of these changes?

It doesn’t require a conspiracy theorist to suggest these wholesale shifts in American culture are not happening by accident. Nor are they solely the result of nefarious intent, at least not among everyone occupying the highest rungs of power and influence in America. What motivates members of the American elite, billionaires and corporate boards alike, to approve of these radical changes?

Unsustainable Prosperity for Me, But Not for Thee?

One answer comes down to this: They believe the lifestyle of the American middle class is not sustainable, because the planet does not have the carrying capacity to extend an American level of consumption to everyone in the world. By dividing and confusing the American people, while wielding the moral bludgeons of saving the planet and eliminating racism, policies can be implemented that will break the American middle class and habituate them to expect less.

In the name of saving the planet, for example, new suburbs will become almost impossible to construct. Single-family detached homes with yards will be stigmatized as both unsustainable and racist, and to mitigate these evils, subsidized apartments will replace homes, with rent subsidized occupants. As America’s population grows via mass immigration, the footprint of cities will remain fixed. The politically engineered housing shortage will force increasing numbers of Americans into subsidized housing. All of this is already happening, but it’s just getting started.

More...

This is ugly but it makes some sense...
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Why America’s Elites Want to End the Middle Class

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:07 am

One answer comes down to this: They believe the lifestyle of the American middle class is not sustainable, because the planet does not have the carrying capacity to extend an American level of consumption to everyone in the world. By dividing and confusing the American people, while wielding the moral bludgeons of saving the planet and eliminating racism, policies can be implemented that will break the American middle class and habituate them to expect less.

LOL, while not funny, this statement is exactly right. Boy oh boy are most of us wrestling with why racism seems to be dragged into literally every topic all the time. The purpose is to confuse...and if that isn't a true statement...it's confusing everyone....I don't know what would be.
Good find, Ready1.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am

This crossed my mind before, that maybe we all should have less, for that reason.

Except . . . The United States of America is an economic and production powerhouse when unleashed. We innovate and export and improve the world. And is that just "American ingenuity"? Meaning, don't expect others can do it to?

Isreal is even more so than we!

I think the reasons are way beyond that.

I think looking at ending the middle class isn't about world economics, its about reducing the population to poverty so that it can be controlled.

This takeover is not about equality, it's about power, and ultimately, the destruction of humanity. This is darkness, fighting against light.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:59 pm

mark s wrote:This crossed my mind before, that maybe we all should have less, for that reason.

Except . . . The United States of America is an economic and production powerhouse when unleashed. We innovate and export and improve the world. And is that just "American ingenuity"? Meaning, don't expect others can do it to?

Isreal is even more so than we!

I think the reasons are way beyond that.

I think looking at ending the middle class isn't about world economics, its about reducing the population to poverty so that it can be controlled.

This takeover is not about equality, it's about power, and ultimately, the destruction of humanity. This is darkness, fighting against light.

Much love!

I literally just posted on another thread that I am not as enthusiastic as some over the present unemployment rate, because while lots of jobs are out there, the middle class has been put out of business in a lot of cases, and these jobs those higher paid people will be filling are at significantly reduced incomes. In my industry, corporate america literally has taken over and India is doing the work we used to do...and if we want to do it, many of us now have to work for someone else now (we used to be self employed and make a reasonable income, none of us got rich!). Also, you have to be hands on for parts of our work (cant do it all online), so when we do get orders, it's to complete the work they couldn't do in India from their desk many miles away...you have to go to the research rooms and pull the documents....so that's what they want us to do now....charge a few bucks to finish the job.

Meanwhile, many businesses have failed, and just so those formerly self employed people can put food on the table, they are taking these low paying jobs working for others at serious peril to their formerly known household income.

Im sorry, they paint a rosy picture of the jobs out there, as if...because it is as if.....and lots of us are feeling that. My husband had to take a job for literally more than half his former income. Now, one of his two monthly checks pays for our healthcare premium and the other is supposed to cover everything else...so what do we do? Well, we have one decent car (it's 6 years old!), and what used to be our trash to the dump truck is now our second car.....why? We can't afford a car payment, let alone two.

It's things like this.

Mark, you're right. The shifts we saw in our industry, where corporate america took our jobs starting back in 2019 have landed us here...in the land of far, far, far less...and covid was just in time to take care of the rest of em'. We all acclimate, but I suspect many Americans are telling the same story our family is now telling....because I know quite a few people who are in the same boat as us.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm

Nor are they solely the result of nefarious intent, at least not among everyone occupying the highest rungs of power and influence in America. What motivates members of the American elite, billionaires and corporate boards alike, to approve of these radical changes?

There are definitely nefarious agendas at work, but there are also a lot of useful idiots. They have been co-opted into a Marxist worldview that has all the trappings of a secular religion.

They believe the lifestyle of the American middle class is not sustainable, because the planet does not have the carrying capacity to extend an American level of consumption to everyone in the world. By dividing and confusing the American people, while wielding the moral bludgeons of saving the planet and eliminating racism, policies can be implemented that will break the American middle class and habituate them to expect less.

Communists, which is what they are, have always hated the middle class. That there are have and have nots has always offended their Marxist views of equality. They want everyone on a level playing field. But to make something equal you have to make something else unequal. Therein lies the problem with equality. The goal should not be to lower the United States to the lowest common denominator, but to help raise other countries to our level. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Wealth and resources are not finite, they can be generated. And as new technologies emerge they can solve old problems. The reason we are able to sustain a population of 7 billion is all due to the advancement of technologies.

What we see today is an amalgamation of secular humanism, Marxism, communism, utopanism, and technocracy. People have obviously not learned from the 20th century. Trying to micromanage society always ends in disaster.

mark s wrote:This takeover is not about equality, it's about power, and ultimately, the destruction of humanity. This is darkness, fighting against light.

Good observations Mark. While we see the political and ideological side of it, it is luciferian in nature. This is ultimately Satan's agenda at work. Most are unwitting accomplices but I do believe the ones at the very top know exactly what's going on.

I will add that all is not hopeless, despite how dark it looks. Evil has been on the move, but God is about to make some moves of His own. Mark my words.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 am

I literally just responded to an email from a new client. They want to send me more business (in our industry that we've been in 30 years). They just wanted to know if I would be willing to charge a flat rate fee of "x" (this fee reduces, per file, our income by about 20% over what we used to charge, and we haven't changed our fees in 20 or more years, because the industry would not bare it, so essentially not only have we never gotten a raise, we are literally being asked to do the same job we used to do for some 25% less income than we used to do it). They weren't wrong, because the industry or market won't bare our prices, because they can get it in India (half the work, though...it's really shoddy work they do)....but India will do it, and take responsibility if their work is wrong, for literally half of what we make...so to get me to do the job, they are paying more than if they went with the shoddy work out of India....but still.....that work is there, and they take on the liability in India...so why not use them???

Please dont get me wrong, I am grateful that this new client likes our work product and is asking us to do more of their work....and it certainly isn't their fault they are asking me to work at the new "standard price for the industry" since they can get it even cheaper out of India....but, the change in our income and lifestyle is real. We have two very old cars and cannot afford a new to us car, because we cant sign on for the payments....that has NEVER been our situation in the 30 plus years I've done this type of work, but it is now.....so the middle class....that's us.....is now counting pennies at the grocery store line....that's a real and palpable change.....and Americans should not be fooled by these reports of low unemployment...because those employed aren't getting paid near what they used to....but we all take the work, because a piece of a job is better than none.

Well, some....you see, I know several people who are collecting unemployment, and the federal government has made that very enticing. Those who aren't working are young folks who can get a full time job and clear about 500 a week, or they can stay unemployed, and with the $300 from the federal gov. and approx. $150 from the state, they clear almost the same income and don't have to get up and go to work....at all.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 am

GodsStudent wrote:I literally just responded to an email from a new client. They want to send me more business (in our industry that we've been in 30 years). They just wanted to know if I would be willing to charge a flat rate fee of "x" (this fee reduces, per file, our income by about 20% over what we used to charge, and we haven't changed our fees in 20 or more years, because the industry would not bare it, so essentially not only have we never gotten a raise, we are literally being asked to do the same job we used to do for some 25% less income than we used to do it). They weren't wrong, because the industry or market won't bare our prices, because they can get it in India (half the work, though...it's really shoddy work they do)....but India will do it, and take responsibility if their work is wrong, for literally half of what we make...so to get me to do the job, they are paying more than if they went with the shoddy work out of India....but still.....that work is there, and they take on the liability in India...so why not use them???

Ditto on the car scene!

It's occurred to me, global economies try to mesh together completely disparate systems, allowing gross abuse of trade patterns.

Economies within a particular system can flourish just the same, based not on their access to foreign markets, but on their government's interventions, and whether they help or hurt.

China demonstrates that as we can see the major changes in their economy that were responses to political changes.

It's one thing to trade in things indemic to a region, however, anyone can make a shoe, or grow a potato. It just seems to me that local sources of those things that can be produced locally are best. Fluctuations are isolated, and related to actual local conditions.

Abuses would by nature be limited to those localities as well, and not affect major economies.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby ToledoDebbie on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:10 pm

Lisa, This breaks my heart that you are struggling and I actually feel guilty. My husbands business has boomed since the virus, lockdowns and all of the rioting and crime began last year. He sells, installs and services security systems and cameras in one division of his company and his Networking division helps companies set up their workers to work from home which has been huge. He has worked non stop for the past year and doesn't see an end in sight for a while. It breaks my heart that one business is destroyed while another is booming! PM me if there is anything that I can do to help!
ToledoDebbie

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm

ToledoDebbie wrote:Lisa, This breaks my heart that you are struggling and I actually feel guilty. My husbands business has boomed since the virus, lockdowns and all of the rioting and crime began last year. He sells, installs and services security systems and cameras in one division of his company and his Networking division helps companies set up their workers to work from home which has been huge. He has worked non stop for the past year and doesn't see an end in sight for a while. It breaks my heart that one business is destroyed while another is booming! PM me if there is anything that I can do to help!

That is so sweet!!!
We have not gone hungry at all...The Lord is providing....and while both of our cars are too old and that is worrisome, they both are running well, so....as for today, as always, our needs are being met.

I did accept, at a much reduced price, the offer of new business from a new client. I am discouraged by the fact that in our industry, we haven't gotten a pay increase in the 30 years I've been in it, and are actually now doing the same work for some 25% less...but even so, if I budget, I suppose we will manage? It just seems to drive home the fact that there is an assault on the middle class, and it's being done through large corporations and our own government, which should be working to improve things for it's people, not drag them down and into a one world government.

That said, I scolded myself earlier this morning for my very attitude. I was wondering to myself if there is some sort of "compliance' built into all of us at this time (believers and non believers alike), so that while we all complain that our government is working against us, we accept it, because it is God's Will that satan have his time to rule and reign on this planet in accordance with the Word itself. It just seems that noone out there can or will get it together to stop what so many see is obvious treason.....and I just imagine the acceptance is natural given the end time is upon us. Just my thoughts and wonders on it, more than any reason I can give, or is being given, to confirm that.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Whatever (Almost)