Covid 19 fellowship

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Re: Covid 19 fellowship

Postby burien1 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:09 am

mark s wrote:1.5 weeks since my brother Chris tested positive. His fever is mostly gone, headache mostly gone, but now he's getting an upper respiratory cough, and a great deal of fatigue. I so hope that doesn't prove to be ongoing as it has for some.

Much love!

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Loop on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 pm

mark s wrote:
1.5 weeks since my brother Chris tested positive. His fever is mostly gone, headache mostly gone, but now he's getting an upper respiratory cough, and a great deal of fatigue. I so hope that doesn't prove to be ongoing as it has for some.

Much love!

Praying...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby ToledoDebbie on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Mark, I am sorry that your brother has experienced a setback! I was so hopeful that he would be one of the lucky ones that had an easy time with Covid. Will continue to pray for his full and complete recovery. :praying: :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Postby mark s on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:20 am

Prayers for your brother Mark, and also for Jericho.

This pandemic has created all kinds of difficulty for people.

God Bless,

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Jericho on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:43 am

Prayers Mark :praying:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:22 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Thank you!!!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby ToledoDebbie on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 am

Just curious. I don't know how many active members we have here at FP, but, has anyone here personally tested positive for Covid? I have been compiling a list of all of my immediate and extended family, friends and acquaintances from all over the country, to try and determine the spread of the virus. I know that a few of our members have had family members, coworkers or friends that have contracted the virus, but, have any of our members gotten Covid? So far, I have not found a single person in all of the people I have contacted that have/had the Virus or any of their family friends either. This just seems very odd to me, considering how contagious this virus is supposed to be?
ToledoDebbie

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:05 am

mark s wrote:1.5 weeks since my brother Chris tested positive. His fever is mostly gone, headache mostly gone, but now he's getting an upper respiratory cough, and a great deal of fatigue. I so hope that doesn't prove to be ongoing as it has for some.

Much love!

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:17 pm

ToledoDebbie wrote:Just curious. I don't know how many active members we have here at FP, but, has anyone here personally tested positive for Covid? I have been compiling a list of all of my immediate and extended family, friends and acquaintances from all over the country, to try and determine the spread of the virus. I know that a few of our members have had family members, coworkers or friends that have contracted the virus, but, have any of our members gotten Covid? So far, I have not found a single person in all of the people I have contacted that have/had the Virus or any of their family friends either. This just seems very odd to me, considering how contagious this virus is supposed to be?

No one in my immediate family has tested positive. Though I suspect my son had it in January after returning from a business trip to the UK, and I think my daughter may have had a mild case also in early February. However it is and remains unknown if they actually had Covid. I only know of one person in my cirlce who tested positive, a sister of a friend of mine, who is a nurse. She recovered fully at home without any lingering consequences.

Yes it does seem very odd to me as well. I have been getting out in public often, retail establishments, grocery stores, restautants. I always wear the mask, because here in NY state we have to, however I usually wear it under my nose because I just can't tolerate breathing through the thing. Lots of people mingling out there in society, and cases are still low here.

Out of a region of 1,443,000 people only 79 people are currently hospitalized with covid, and many of those did not seek medical attention for covid, they happened to be hospitalized for other reasons and tested positive. Our county executive admitted this in a public statement. That means that roughly .005 % of the population is currently hospitalized with covid. My county has had 1.6% of its population test positive since March, with .09% deaths atributed to covid. Now of those deaths there is no way to know if they were solely caused by Covid, or if the people died of other disease and also had covid. But still the numbers are pretty low and most deaths were among the elderly and sick. This week there have been 100 new cases which represents .01% of the county's population. Other counties surrounding ours have had even less or even zero new cases in weeks.

At what point do we say this thing is over????

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 pm

I've done the same sort of math.

As of 2019, 39.4 million people in California

About 2700 new cases per day. Assume average 10 days contagious. A potential for 27000 people to be contagious at any given time. So then .0007 percent of the population, or 1 in 1460 people may be contagious.

Much love!
mark s

Previous

Return to Whatever (Almost)