Adults snooping on another adult phone

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Adults snooping on another adult phone

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:16 pm

What do you think?

Here's what happened, my coworker was streaming music from a phone and left the room for a bit. A text message supposedly came across the phone that drew the attention of a couple of other coworkers in the room. Then they proceeded to scroll through the message thread several months. Turns out the thread was about them both and not pleasant or uplifting but extremely hurtful and angering. It was between the owner of the phone and yet another coworker. They then took pictures of parts of the text conversation and started sharing it with other coworkers. Soon hints in passive-aggressive ways started floating around regarding the unsuspecting phone victim.

Now we have a department blown into total chaos. 1. Personal privacy has been invaded revealing negative opinions that were not meant to be known. 2. Private conversations have now been made public against the will of those involved. 3. Grown adults had the audacity to go through another person's phone (unrelated to them - not their kid or something). 4. Anger, hurt, shame, just nastiness is now engulfing our work place. Pictures of the text messages have been sent to HR stating that the individuals feel threatened and bullied. Um, if they hadn't snooped, they wouldn't have even known.

My frustration is great. I want justice for the privacy violated. I am also saddened that such poor opinions are felt between coworkers but humans are just that way. We have all spoken ill of others at some point or another so I won't throw any stones. It is unfortunate that now truth has been revealed and we all have to recover (if possible) from this episode.

There is a big meeting Monday at 11 Pacific time with all those involved. I don't usually work Mondays but have been asked to come cover during the meeting and afterwards. My boss seems to think that many of them won't feel up to working after the meeting. Ugh!

Dearest Yeshuah,
Please use this for something really good. There is so much raw emotion on many levels and many sides. Please guide the management and help them follow Your leading through the upcoming meeting. Guard hearts and preserve relationships where possible. Help the team recover. Help those not involved to be loving to each other and especially those involved. I am struggling a bit with this. Thank You Lord. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Re: Adults snooping on another adult phone

Postby shorttribber on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Wow, what a mess.
Only God can salvage any good out of something like that...that's why He's God.

Well, that's why we call on Him...so that's what we're doing...Help Lord!

Please reveal human foolishness, and fix this in a way that only You can.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby mark s on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 am

Yes, Father, I pray for good results from this meeting, and for Spreading Salt, to keep spreading salt! To have the opportunity to share love and peace in this chaos. And that those involved would take another look at themselves, and be humble, and make peace.

In Jesus Name!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jericho on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:38 am

Sounds like the only way this will be resolved is if someone quits, which by the sound of it is probably inevitable.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:09 pm

What do you think?

After reading the 1st paragraph or so, my gut thoughts are that the person who wrote on their phone in private about the issues they have with the snoopers likely correctly identified key issues about the "snoopers" which means to say, they lack boundaries, respect for others, are the first to be up in other's "faces" and so thinned skinned that they could not possibly handle even constructive criticisms.

Going through another person's things is the stuff of therapists careers, honestly, because people who feel the "need" to do that have issues somewhere....and are the least likely to be able to handle what they learn.

I am not a fan of those who snoop behind others (like on their facebook pages, etc). Nobody loves and relates to literally everybody ...so emotional health would be about migrating towards those we can really connect with and respecting and being respectful to those we may not have as much in common with.

This was disrespectful conduct on the part of the snoopers and honestly, from a legal place, the one whose phone was violated could present a decent case of what our profession calls "Professional Slander." It is a serious charge to level against others and if they are found guilty, they could lose a lot of $$$.

Those are my thoughts.....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm

So jury decided all parties were guilty and hands were slapped. No penalties. No write ups. No talking about it allowed. Just told that they all need to get along.

Ummmm what?!?!?!?!

My flesh wanted justice for those who snooped into the private phone. Lock them away! Fire them! At least write them up and put them on probation for unprofessionalism or something!

My spirit knows that all these sins have been nailed to the cross. Forgive me Lord. I know You paid their price.

I feel defeated that the opportunity didn't get rid of some bad eggs. Now these painful stones will continue to brush and rub against me every day and I have to show Jesus through it. Maybe the test is for me. No, I am not that important.

Help me trust You Lord through these coming days and put on an emoji face that is nonjudgmental. I am angry and I can't show it. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Forgiveness, grace, turn the other check, humble yourself, love your enemies. All these things come to mind.

Things like this are an opportunity to overcome evil with good.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 am

Spreading Salt wrote: Maybe the test is for me. No, I am not that important.

Actually, I think you are that important. I've seen God move mountains - governments, HMO's, weather patterns - so far as I can tell, and I'm not easily convince - to help improve 1 person.

Of course, I'm sure God does many many things with the slightest of motion!

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Ready1 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

....and we never know how many people are being influenced by what God allows. And we never know what time frames are required for Him to accomplish His will. This may be about you, but it may be about you and 20 others. And we don't know that either. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 am

Loved your post SS.
Mark, I agree with you, she absolutely IS that important! What a blessing you've been in my life SS.
Im joining you in your prayers for yourself SS.
My prediction is the snoopers won't be able to sit still on this...they lack the character needed.
You, though.....can keep a professional distance.....and GOOD BOUNDARIES.....and will be ok, regardless.
:hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Whatever (Almost)