New Jersey Gov Signs Bill Making It 7th State to Legalize As

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

New Jersey Gov Signs Bill Making It 7th State to Legalize As

Postby st louis steve on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:14 pm

New Jersey Gov Signs Bill Making It 7th State to Legalize Assisted Suicide, Will Force Taxpayers to Fund Suicides
Six states (California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and Vermont) and Washington D.C. permit the dangerous practice of allowing physicians to write lethal prescriptions to certain groups of persons to kill themselves.

“With the signing of this bill to legalize assisted suicide, many vulnerable New Jerseyans are now at risk of deadly harm through mistakes, coercion, and abuse. People with disabilities, the economically disadvantaged, and terminally ill patients are at greatest risk – dangerous public policies often ignore the voices of the vulnerable,” he said. “They are already at a disadvantage when they try to gain equal access to healthcare, and this law will only increase the challenges they face.”

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/04/12/new ... -suicides/
st louis steve

Re: New Jersey Gov Signs Bill Making It 7th State to Legalize As

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm

It's a tough world to live in when you are disabled....be it mentally or physically.
It's a tough world to live in when you are sick and need resources.....especially if you don't have a nest egg to give in exchange for your care.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm

I don't know if it's relevant to this thread, but we had a lengthy discussion about suicide a few years ago if anyone wants to read through it. I haven't reviewed it myself, but I do remember some had very strong views about it.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:51 am

Hi Abiding. Thanks for sharing that link. I went back to it and read my own words and was humbled by what physical pain can do over time. 2018 saw me struggling with the issue of suicide, because after years of it, and the fact that it's spread from my spine and legs to now my arms and upper back (so that it's all over).....I just got destitute with it. I thought of suicide often, and the benefits if I did die (life insurance helps my family and my husband isn't so burdened), but at the end of the day, my testimony then is the same as it is now.....this is God's decision in my life, not mine.....and it is His Grace that sustains me, and also gives me doctors who help me exist with this pain.

I changed doctors late 2018 and haven't looked back, or thought much about suicide again. I had a terrible MRI a few weeks ago, and just this morning, my doctor worked on putting medicine in my spine, but he said my spine is so compressed at the neck that the medicine may or may not be able to get in there. I am bummed about that!!!

I digress. It took all new people working with me and in my case to get me better situated to endure, and I can't imagine what I would do if all the doctors out there stopped helping me exist and started preaching assisted suicide to me.....it would be a terrible temptation to have to deal with on top of what I already deal with. If they said we are no longer going to give you these treatments or medications, because we want you to leave the planet and stop costing us so much money (oh, I'm sure they'll paraphrase, if they get to this point).....how terrible would my situation be?

Those with cancer that I've known in my lifetime die at varying times....sometimes we hear the ...."It's a miracle how long "X" lived with this" from doctors.....but what if during that time God used it to show the person things and work on them and in them to prepare them for eternity??? My grandmother had Alzheimers for several years and she was completely silent (almost all the time), and I wondered what God might be doing in her brain with her.....that none of us could see. My grandmother had terrible issues with the life she lived and her unworthiness for forgiveness....something even the most desperate (me) among us tried to explain to her was not an issue for Christ...but she just couldn't see it.....I did not think for one instant that it was a coincidence that she went silent, but lived for SOOOOOO long.....I believed God was working with her and within her.....because she absolutely believed in Christ, but she could not accept that she was "forgivable."

Mankind is a HUGE disappointment to me.....so many of them......for they are their own gods and in being so, they encourage each other to block the Creator out....in so many underhanded ways.
I am so sorry these legistating people are using their positions for such dastardly things. They should be figuring out a better way to provide proper and affordable care to all.....because there are a lot of people out there getting filthy rich charging prices for healthcare that have nothing to do with what it costs.....because they can.....ummmm......government should address it, but instead, they come up with this.
stupidity and ignorance and greed....sick.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Whatever (Almost)