How is the Holy Spirit preparing you for the trib?

No opposing arguments allowed

How is the Holy Spirit preparing you for the trib?

Postby Sozoed on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:34 pm

If the Trib.--or the 1st 3 1/2 years--is right around the corner, as many of us on this board are wondering...then why isn't the Holy Spirit speaking to us CLEARLY about 'safe houses', an 'underground economy' just for Christians to buy and sell without the mark, bold evangelizing when our lives are on the line, etc.

Or am I just not hearing these kinds of directions from Him?

It seems a little strange that if our lives--as 'pew warmer' Christians as a great portion of the US Body of Christ seem to be--are about to change dramatically, that these heavenly warnings are not getting very strong.

What do you think? Is the Holy Spirit going to have us wait right before, or even during, the trib. before He gives us direction?
Sozoed

Postby Reborn04 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Good question. I sometimes think that God is telling me to start hoarding food, but I worry that it is just the flesh being fearful. I often question whether it would show a lack of faith to store up food.

Matthew 25-26
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Honestly, I just don't know. Maybe God provides for us by telling us when to store food for hard times. All we can do is keep listening for the voice of our Master.
Last edited by Reborn04 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Reborn04
Supporting Member

Postby OBXBob on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi Sozoed,

You bring up a question that I've been pondering a lot lately. What I've concluded is 1) It doens't matter how much money one has because they can't buy or sell anything without the mark 2) It's likely impossible to be able to hoard enough food to feed a family of 4 for 3.5 years. For those fortunate folks who have enough land and capability to garden and "can" food, they could likely make it. In today's urbanized societies, it would not be feasible for many Christians to be able to do this. After all is said and done, I feel like I can only trust on Jesus. I will know what I need to do when the time comes. Since we're told that those who did not accept the mark will be beheaded, it looks like there are fewer and fewer options. It's going to be difficult to run very far on one tank of gas! Looks like those folks in remote areas that are able to live off the land will the ones who'll have the best "shot" at it...of course, with God's guidance and protection.

We'll just have to trust in Him...

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:13 pm

This seems to be one of the most perplexing aspect of the endtime tribulations Christians will face. What should we do? How should we prepare?

I was reading through Matthew 13 and 24 where Jesus is warning of the things to come. Conspicuously absent is advice on preparation other than to stay alert. I find that interesting. This is the same Jesus who was concerned about what the crowds would eat and supplied bread and fish for them. This is the same Jesus who sent an angel to remind Peter not to forget his coat and shoes when he left prison. Jesus defended David's eating consecrated bread meant only for priests because he was hungry. He experienced thirst and asked for water from the Samaritan woman.

And yet He gives us no practical advice regarding food, water, and shelter during the tribulation. So we gather whatever advice we can regarding these necessities from the whole of the word. Of this we are sure - He knows we have need of these things. We have to trust Him.

I did find a couple of verses we could "tuck away" for future reference:

Mar 13:8 "For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

Mar 13:9 "But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them.

Mar 13:10 "The gospel must first be preached to all the nations.

Mar 13:11 "When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit

and the words of Paul:

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:30 am

Revelation 13

9He who has an ear, let him hear.
10If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity he will go.
If anyone is to be killed with the sword,

with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.

Revelation 7
9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb." 11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying:
"Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!"
13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"

14I answered, "Sir, you know."

And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore,
"they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
16Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat upon them,
nor any scorching heat.
17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

:read2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby watchingandwaiting on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:08 am

People who live in the country will likely have their land confiscated
also unscrupulous people will likely break into and rob anyone who has a stash

Just my thoughts
So trust the Lord for his will an supply
watchingandwaiting

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 pm

unscrupulous people will likely break into and rob anyone who has a stash

Luk 12:33 Sell what you have and give the money to the poor. Make yourselves moneybags that never wear out. Make sure your treasure is safe in heaven, where thieves cannot steal it and moths cannot destroy it.

Luk 12:34 Your heart will always be where your treasure is.

Luk 12:35 Be ready and keep your lamps burning

Luk 12:36 just like those servants who wait up for their master to return from a wedding feast. As soon as he comes and knocks, they open the door for him.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby watchingandwaiting on Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:53 pm

:shock: I lost my job on Monday, just before probation was up, do you think that maybe I am not supposed to be there after all
watchingandwaiting

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:55 pm

Looks that way Watching and Waiting. God will make a way for you!

Salty
Salty Skipper

Postby watchingandwaiting on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:01 pm

when I told my husband he was surprised and he said ( maybe God has other plans for you)
:banana:
watchingandwaiting

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:31 pm

( maybe God has other plans for you)

I have always found that to be the case. Another thought is that you may have fulfilled the reason you were there to begin with. :wink:

Rom 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby apfuchs on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:19 pm

Based on the above comments, it seems no one here believes in a pre-tribulation Rapture because if we are Raptured before the trib, then the hoarding of food, etc. is irrelevant.
Waiting for His coming,

A.P. Fuchs
apfuchs

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:27 pm

apfuchs

There are some pre-tribbers on the board, but I think the majority are pre-wrath. There is a topic for pre-trib views on the board if you're interested. You'll find it on the front page - "Pre-Trib Only"
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby apfuchs on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:27 pm

Thanks. Just clarifying as I thought this was primarily a pre-trib board. No worries. Just curious.
Waiting for His coming,

A.P. Fuchs
apfuchs

hoard food?

Postby njfishwatchTurkey&Isr on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:09 pm

Luk 17:32 "Remember Lot's wife.
Luk 17:33 "Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses {his life} will preserve it.

The focus at that time will not be surviving for Christians.
njfishwatchTurkey&Isr

Postby kat on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:07 am

Hi...I am new here and hope you don't mind that I am going to just jump right in.
I have been wondering about this topic myself for awhile now. I feel the urge to prepare for hard times somehow..but don't know exactly what to do. I have been rounding up supplies for outdoor survival for whatever reason...and reading up on survival. But the bible states in Matthew 24:17-21 Let no one on the roof of his house go down ot take anything out of the house. Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. HOw dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now-and never to be equaled again.

This passage makes me think that all the preparing we are going to try to do will be for naught...we just need to follow God and be prepared spiritually. Kat
kat

Postby OBXBob on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:47 am

:wavewelcome: kat!

I'm glad you jumped right in! That's what this board's all about!!!

You wrote:

This passage makes me think that all the preparing we are going to try to do will be for naught...we just need to follow God and be prepared spiritually.

Well put!

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Be still on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:25 pm

:welcome: kat
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby grace2all on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:11 pm

Image to the board kat! Glad to have you here at FP! I have to agree, spiritual preparation is key!

Aloha,
Janell
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:54 pm

This passage makes me think that all the preparing we are going to try to do will be for naught...we just need to follow God and be prepared spiritually.

There's another thread or two somewhere on the board about this same thing. There's a variety of thoughts on how to prepare. Some feel the Lord has told them to store supplies; others no. There doesn't seem to be any cut and dried answer.

For me, I'm not going to stock up on anything. If things are as horrendous as we think they will be (and the Word says they will), I don't see how supplies will help. And I understand those with families feel a need to protect them so it's a difficult subject.

I can only share the verses I'm standing on for those times:

Mat 6:31 "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'

Mat 6:32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Mat 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Mat 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Welcome to the board! Thanks for your post.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby goinghome on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:28 am

Hello,

I am new to posting on this site. I just found it a few days ago.

I am feeling a definate tug to prepare! I feel a very strong need to stock up on food. Non-perishable goods. I know we are not to worry about what is to come, but we have also been told to be ready.

God bless us all.
goinghome

Postby OBXBob on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:37 am

:wavewelcome: goinghome!

I really like your name, by the way!

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Be still on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 am

:welcome: goinghome
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:04 am

goinghome!

So glad you found the FP forum! Please jump right in and get to know everyone!

:wavewelcome:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby kat on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:22 pm

I can't help but be a little freaked out by what is going on in the world right this minute!!! I feel like getting a hold of all of my friends and family and just WITNESSING before time runs out...I am feeling a little panicky...RUSHED!!
How do I know when the Holy Spirit is speaking to me or if it is just me being nerved up??
kat

Postby OBXBob on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:13 pm

kat,

I'd imagine if we took a poll, most here would feel the urgency you feel.

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby kat on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Thanks Bob!! I know stuff isn't going to necessarily happen here in the states right now...but in the next few years it will...most likely. I just feel like I am not sure if I am 100% sure of my salvation...like people here keep saying you need to be prepared through the word...and I don't study my bible anywhere near like I should..definately not daily!! But, I do feel the joy of Jesus and the love of gospel when I read it online through posts here and there...if that makes sense..I think maybe it only makes sense to me when I read it along with what others post...??? A lot of you here are SOOO smart!! I know I am not dumb by any means..but when it comes to reading/understanding the bible...OY<<<yup...dumb.

God Bless!! Kat
kat

Postby Be still on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:27 pm

I was recently at a Bible study by a very gifted pastor who told us we should be in the word all the times ... get your head in the word he said... then he wore a Bible on his head the rest of the night. :shock: Definately got the point across.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby davidbutterfield on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:12 am

God is slowly letting the persecution rise so I'm not overwhelmed, I think.
davidbutterfield

IN YOUR PATIENCE....

Postby Mrs. B on Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:36 am

In your patience......

Luke 21:17......And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.....

18......BUT.....there shall not an hair of your head perish.......

THIS IS THE SECRET.........

19......In Your Patience Possess Ye Your Souls.........

Why would Jesus say that........

In your patience possess ye your souls?

Patience.......?

Faith and Patience......

Faith is Believing and Patience?

Patience is Waiting.......In your believing and waiting on the Lord.....Possess your souls......

They that wait upon the Lord.....shall renew their strength.....

Rev. 15:12........Here is the Patience of the Saints:

Here are they that Keep the Commandments of God.....and the Faith of Jesus.......

Rev. 13:7.....And it was given unto him (AC) to make war with the saints.....and to overcome them.....and power was given him over all kindreds....and tongues....and nations....

8.....And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him......WHOSE NAMES.....ARE NOT....WRITTEN in the Book of Life of the Lamb Slain....from the Foundation of the World.....

9.....If any man have an ear......let Him Hear.....

10......He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity:

he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.....

HEAR IS THE PATIENCE AND THE FAITH OF THE SAINTS.........

Jesus said........In your Patience......Posses Ye Your souls........

We must Trust Him......and be patient and have faith.......

and be lead by His Spirit.........Learn to be lead by the Holy Spirit....

Learn to reconize the Holy Spirit as He deals with your spirit.......

The Holy Spirit is to lead and to guide you into all Truth...........

Learn to listen to what God is saying to you........and then obey....walk in it........

This has to be done ALL MOST always by Faith.......what God will tell you to do.....almost always is an act of faith......you must step out and trust the Lord........

Jesus said....I will never leave you nor forsake you.......Only Believe......Trust and Obey.....He will teach you how to hear his voice clearly.......an Nothing is more Exciting then to fellow Him.......Jesus said.....Fellow Me....

bb
Mrs. B

Postby 7eternity on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Pre-wrath, pre-trib, mid-trib… Whatever we believe, the fact that it is possible for one of us to be left behind and see the wrath of God shakes my soul. I can’t help thinking about dying horribly if I was to face the Great Tribulation. After Armageddon, the Bible says that only a few people (if none at all) will be still alive on the whole planet. Given the small luck I have had in my life, I ought to just rejoice of being one of those beheaded Christians "out of the Tribulation" when I think about this. It’s hard enough to keep faith and patience right now, so I can’t imagine how much harder it will be during the last period of the Tribulation. Anyways.. Just wanted to share my feelings on this.
"Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, alway perseveres. Love never fails."
7eternity

Postby no1likhim on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:38 pm

7eternity wrote:Pre-wrath, pre-trib, mid-trib… Whatever we believe, the fact that it is possible for one of us to be left behind and see the wrath of God shakes my soul. I can’t help thinking about dying horribly if I was to face the Great Tribulation. After Armageddon, the Bible says that only a few people (if none at all) will be still alive on the whole planet. Given the small luck I have had in my life, I ought to just rejoice of being one of those beheaded Christians "out of the Tribulation" when I think about this. It’s hard enough to keep faith and patience right now, so I can’t imagine how much harder it will be during the last period of the Tribulation. Anyways.. Just wanted to share my feelings on this.

If you are a believer now, being left behind is not something to worry about. The one who saved you also has the power to keep you.
God, who lives in the past present and future all at the same time, and has allready seen the end of your days here on earth, knew well enough that you would stand simply by the fact that He chose you to be one of the select ones to see all this.

Have faith sister. He knows what He is doing!
The truth must be defended anew in each generation.
Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

www.ltcm.org

James 1:26-27
no1likhim

Postby ozell on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:22 pm

hi

Mk 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, [b]if it were possible, even the elect.[/b]

:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

1Pt 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Ps 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

2Kgs 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

Ps 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

ozell
ozell

Postby ozell on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:42 am

continuation from previous post

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

ozell
ozell

My Sheep Hear My Voice.......

Postby Mrs. B on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:42 am

Jesus said......

John 10:27........MY SHEEP......Hear MY Voice........and I Know them......and They Fellow Me......

28......And I give Them Eternal Life......and They Shall Never Perish.....

THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH.......

Neither shall any man Pluck Them Out of My Hand........

29......MY FATHER.......Which gave them Me........is Greater than ALL.......

and NO MAN is able to pluck them out of MY Father's Hand......

30......I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE........

Look at all the examples we have in the Old Testment.......We serve a Miracle working God..........Nothing is too Hard for Him........

He is the Same yesterday.....today......and tomorrow.....FOREVER......

We must Believe that He is......... and He is The Rewarder of those who dilligently seek Him......

Jesus said.....If you Seek Me......Ye shall find Me.....

Seek the Lord......He will come and make Himself Known to you.....

Ask and you shall receive.........Seek and you shall Find.......

Ask the Lord doubting not.......and He will answer you.....and make Himself known to you that He is God......and He loves you....and He knows just where you are......We serve a Living God......Who is All Present........Trust Him.....

Jesus said....I'll Never Leave You nor forsake You.....even to the end of the World.....

How many times in my own life......I would say.....O Lord if you can just meet this need.......or solve this probleml.......or show us what to do....I'll never doubt you again.............and He was always faithful.......and came to us in the FORM OF OUR NEED.......OR.....showed us what to do.......We serve a Living God.....whoes desire is to make Himself Known to you.........

That away.......You Know......That you Know........and no man can take this away from you.........you have a personal relationship with the Living God through His Son Jesus.......

This is how we buy oil...........by a personal relationship.......you cannot give your walk with Jesus to someone else.......They have to get their own.........This is very valuable........This makes you know........This gives you assurance.......that God is Alive and He is Alive in You..........You Know Him.....and He knows you..........

Jesus said.......Ask anything in My Name.........without doubting....and I will do it........It pleases Him......when we ask........

bb
Mrs. B

Postby MaranathaYeshua on Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:32 am

7eternity wrote:Pre-wrath, pre-trib, mid-trib… Whatever we believe, the fact that it is possible for one of us to be left behind and see the wrath of God shakes my soul. I can’t help thinking about dying horribly if I was to face the Great Tribulation. After Armageddon, the Bible says that only a few people (if none at all) will be still alive on the whole planet. Given the small luck I have had in my life, I ought to just rejoice of being one of those beheaded Christians "out of the Tribulation" when I think about this. It’s hard enough to keep faith and patience right now, so I can’t imagine how much harder it will be during the last period of the Tribulation. Anyways.. Just wanted to share my feelings on this.

This scripture greatly influenced me in this area...
2 Thes 2
"[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?"
MaranathaYeshua

Postby Creation on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:40 pm

kat wrote:I can't help but be a little freaked out by what is going on in the world right this minute!!! I feel like getting a hold of all of my friends and family and just WITNESSING before time runs out...I am feeling a little panicky...RUSHED!!
How do I know when the Holy Spirit is speaking to me or if it is just me being nerved up??

I totally understand!!! I feel the same way. I have been having a hard time keeping my mouth shut because I really really don't want anyone to be decieved. But I feel the Lord has been telling me that it is his job to work in and through me to tell the gospel. Because I have been wanting to tell people out of the fear from my flesh. He gave me some peace about it but I understand where you are coming from.
Creation

Postby Sozoed on Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:14 pm

davidbutterfield wrote:God is slowly letting the persecution rise so I'm not overwhelmed, I think.

David, Your words are true for me as well. I believe the Lord in His mercy is turning the heat up slowly, so that we-as Christians- have time to get our armor fully on. I also know that I am a 'young' Christian, and much of this is so new to me. I mean 2 years ago I was fully persuaded in pre-trib, and was only a 6 yr. old Christian. A lot can happen in 2 years! So the Lord is 'conditioning' me to get strong, to not be afraid, to get courageous in the things of God.
All these are happening now to me. I know we are all called to witness,pray and evangelize on a more intense level...directed not by our fleshly emotions, but solely by the Holy Spirit.
We are being refined by fire right now for a good reason, so that we are fully ready!
Sozoed

The Threshing.......

Postby Mrs. B on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:19 am

HARVEST.......WORLD HARVEST......The Threshing.....

Isaiah says....

Isaiah 21:9b.........And he answered and said......Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground..........

10........O MY THRESHING.........and the corn of my floor:

that which I have heard of the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you......

THEN IN JEREMIAH.....

Jerm 50:2.......Declare ye among the Nations.......and publish....and set up a standard;
publish and conceal not:
say......Babylon is Taken.....Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.....

3......For out of the North there cometh a nation against her.......which shall make her land desolate.....and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove....they shall depart.......BOTH MAN AND BEAST.....

Jerm 51:33.......For thus saith the Lord of hosts.......THE GOD OF ISRAEL;

THE DAUGHTER OF BABYLON......is like a THRESHINGFLOOR.......IT IS TIME TO THRESH........her:

yet a little while....and the time of her HARVEST SHALL COME.......

45......MY PEOPLE.......go ye out of the midst of her.....and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the Lord....

55......Because the Lord hath Spoiled Babylon....and destroyed out of her.....THE GREAT VOICE:............ WHEN HER WAVES DO ROAR LIKE GREAT WATERS.............A NOISE OF THEIR VOICE IS UTTERED.....

56......Because the Spoiler is come upon her......even upon Babylon...and her mighty men are taken......every one of their bows is broken:
for the Lord God of recompences shall surely requite.......

57......And I will make drunk her princes......and her wise men.....her captains...and her rulers....and her mighty men:
and they shall sleep a perpetual sleep......and not wake saith the King......whose Name is the Lord of Hosts......

60.....So Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil that should come upon Babylon.......

Then John wrote in Revelations........

Rev.18:4.......And I heard another voice from heaven......saying.....

COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, THAT YE BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER

SINS...........AND that ye receive not of her plagues.....

18:2.......And he cried mightily with a strong voice saying......Babylon the Great is fallen......is fallen.....and is become the.......Habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit......and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird........

Come out of Her......my people....

5.....For her sins have reached unto heaven....and God hath remembered her iniquities......

(her sins are full......

10......standing afar off for the fear of her torment....saying....ALAS, ALAS......THAT GREAT CITY BABYLON....THAT MIGHTY CITY.....! for in one hour is thy judgment come......

The Threshing is the Harvesting.......Separating the wheat from the shaft.....They beat the wheat to seperate it from the shaft........

Threshing......seperating.....the good from the bad......

Daniel 11:10.......Many shall be purified, and made white.....and TRIED......but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand......

The great Tribulation is to bring the fruit to Perfection......To cause people to turn to the Living God......Many shall be made white.......

Rev. 19:7.....Let us be glad and rejoice....and give honour to Him:

for the marriage of the Lamb is come....and his wife hath made Herself Ready......

8.....And to her was grated that she should be arrayed in Fine Linen...Clean and White: for the fine linen is the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF SAINTS.....

9......And he saith unto me......Write....Blessed are they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb......And he saith unto me....THESE ARE THE TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD.......

A-MEN

bb
Mrs. B

Postby KathyB on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:15 pm

God will supply all our needs,
if we put our Faith in Him. :a3:

Some have the feeling to store food and supplies, some don’t feel this need.
Could it be the different “rolls” we will play during the tribulation?
Only God can answer that. God is in control!

I had a strong feeling to stock up on supplies (food, batteries and medicine) before 2000. No, we did not use the supplies on Jan 1, but an unusually sever ice storm did come a few weeks later. Power was out for several days and we were all grateful for the extra needed supplies. We had enough for ourselves and to help friends that didn’t. :grin:

We are “working class” people, drive older cars and do not have big resources to plan with. We have live in the same home for over 30 years.

For the past couple of years I have had a feeling we would not retire here. Now I have a strong feeling to pack up and get ready to move. My husband thinks it’s a little crazy, our home is not on the market “for sale”, but he has even discussed what yard plants I want to take with us.

I have prayed about it and the feeling is growing stronger, so I have gone through some things and donated to charity. Things we don’t use daily are being packed. I feel we will be moving to a new home soon. After we move, I know to stock up on supplies.

I don’t know what I am getting ready for just that I feel God is in control and guiding me.
To not get ready would be the same as saying no to God’s guidance. I don’t want to do that.
Isa:43-2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
KathyB

Postby ladyfeline on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:07 pm

KathyB wrote:God will supply all our needs,
if we put our Faith in Him. :a3:

Some have the feeling to store food and supplies, some don’t feel this need.
Could it be the different “rolls” we will play during the tribulation?
Only God can answer that. God is in control!

I had a strong feeling to stock up on supplies (food, batteries and medicine) before 2000. No, we did not use the supplies on Jan 1, but an unusually sever ice storm did come a few weeks later. Power was out for several days and we were all grateful for the extra needed supplies. We had enough for ourselves and to help friends that didn’t. :grin:

We are “working class” people, drive older cars and do not have big resources to plan with. We have live in the same home for over 30 years.

For the past couple of years I have had a feeling we would not retire here. Now I have a strong feeling to pack up and get ready to move. My husband thinks it’s a little crazy, our home is not on the market “for sale”, but he has even discussed what yard plants I want to take with us.

I have prayed about it and the feeling is growing stronger, so I have gone through some things and donated to charity. Things we don’t use daily are being packed. I feel we will be moving to a new home soon. After we move, I know to stock up on supplies.

I don’t know what I am getting ready for just that I feel God is in control and guiding me.
To not get ready would be the same as saying no to God’s guidance. I don’t want to do that.

Amazing! I've been feeling this exact same thing. I, too, started preparing before 2000, (my local utility companies could not guarantee they could handle the Y2K situation). We fortunately, never needed to use any of the things we had stored, (batteries, flashlights, candles, etc.)

For the past few months now, I've felt this urge to restore these supplies, or at least rethink what we would really need. Not only that but to really clean house. Get rid of all the stuff we don't need. Live simply. So I'm now in the process of trying to get rid of all our "stuff" and strip down to the bear necessities. Selling items now on ebay and amazon and have several garage/yard sales planned. Whatever doesn't go, goes to charity.

Once that started, (wondering too what it is I'm preparing for), I now feel the urge to sell my house. Where the heck I'm going to live, I have no idea. I'm actually being pulled out of the U.S. all together, but I have no other friends or family anywhere else in the world and I've never been anywhere else in the world. I'm 39 years old and never even been on a plane before! and today I find myself filling out passport applications for my children and I in preparation for whatever/wherever I'm told to go.

I'm glad that at least I'm not totally alone, there are other people out there feeling the same thing. Are you too, preparing for somewhere outside the U.S.? Anyone else have a similar feeling?
ladyfeline

Postby MChat on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:17 pm

Wow... :shock:

I can only say I wish I had found this site sooner...

I'm a new Christian, but one that has been in the Church for nearly 30 years... I was under the misconception that I was saved as a child, but didn't realize that I had no idea who Jesus was (other than "some guy" they talked alot about at Church) when my mother lead me in prayer to accept Jesus... how could I have accepted Jesus, if I didn't know who he was? I recently "got right" with the Lord and now I have a desire to study His Word, keep His commandments and serve Him like I never have before. I give that testimony to say this: please watch the children who come forward to accept Christ, watch to see that their life changes and that they truely know what they are doing. I feel that there are many people in Churches today that are in the same sitution I was in.

1 John 1:6 wrote:If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1 John 2:4 wrote:He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Praise the Lord that He opened my eyes! And praise Him that He kept me alive while I was lost!

On to the topic of this thread. I too have felt the Spirit tugging at me to sell my house, and the possibility of going to a foreign land seems emminent. I just moved into my house a year ago, and thought I'd be quite content to stay here until I retired. Now retirement seems like something that will never come. I've been having trouble making ends meet recently (being faithful in tithes was not part of my budget when I bought this house) and prayed to God for direction. About three days later I get a letter in the mail (unsolicited) from an investment group wanting to purchase my house. I don't know if this is what God has planned, but I figure if he's in it, it'll work out, so I contacted the firm and am waiting to hear back from them...

I've also had thoughts about a "camp" or "farm" far away from major cities, possibly even involving the Amish (or one Amish man in particular, that I can't explain). I don't know if this is of God, or the flesh trying to save itself, but again, if God is in it, it will work out; I'm trusting in Him for direction.

Another thing that seems weird. I have been building a Jeep (a rock-crawler, if you know what that is) for a number of years, I have collected nearly all of the parts needed, but I have neglected working on it for several years. Then today out of the blue I got this weird "push" (I don't know how to explain it) about getting the project completed (almost as if it were a sin not to be working on it, if that makes sense).

As for stocking up food and such:

Matthew 6:26 wrote:Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

One thing is certain, at some point in time the Church will be "underground" so to speak. Assembling in pre-designated structures will be all but impossible. Luckily for us we don't need a building:

Matthew 18:20 wrote:For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

One thing I should note... I was raised in a Baptist Church, and until recently believed whole-heartedly in the Pre-Trib rapture. The Lord has shown me the truth in His Word, and the clear message that the Pre-Trib is a fairy-tail, and many unsaved people that believe (as I did) that they are saved are going to be decieved. The question is how do you reach those that believe they are already saved, yet live for the devil?

Also, I haven't looked over this entire site, but what are your thoughts on Isaiah 18 being about the U.S.? (perhaps I should search or start a thread about this). Many think that the destruction of Damascus may be the next "road sign" of the coming times; if that is the case does it stand to reason that Isaiah 18 would follow closely behind it?
Last edited by MChat on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MChat
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:20 pm

Hey, Mike!!!!

Welcome to FP!
:wavewelcome:
Salty Skipper

Postby Be still on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:29 am

:wavewelcome: Mike
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby beeps on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:01 pm

Hello im new!

This topic is very interesting and as I live in England and we are more or less going to be the main stomping ground of the anti christ I have often lurched from the feeling of running away and staying.

In Matt 24 even Jesus only tells those in Judea and Samaria to run away when they see the abom of desolation so I dont know if running is what God would have us do.

Like others the verse about not worrying about food etc impacts somwhat and also like the Isrealites in the wilderness the manna went rotten if they collected to much.

Also would we trust in our own hoardings rather that the Lord.

A study of Elijah in the wilderness in the midst of his persecution is a good evaluation of how God feeds his own in these times.

Also one who has no head after having it chopped of for the testimony of Jesus Christ does not require food, bunkers or otherwise.
:shock:
beeps

you decide what you want to give

Postby hoshianna on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:49 am

MChat wrote:Now retirement seems like something that will never come. I've been having trouble making ends meet recently (being faithful in tithes was not part of my budget when I bought this house) and prayed to God for direction.
Tithing what you have on hand is for the Israelites in the Old Covenant for the support of the Levites. Christianity has a somewhat different rule for almsgiving:
2 Corinthians 9:6-8
6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Jesus doesn't want you to become destitute.
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
hoshianna

Postby nonymouse on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:33 pm

Welcome, Beeps.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Strong Urge to Prepare for Tribulation

Postby coconut_meadows on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:26 am

I have felt a STRONG urge to prepare for the coming tribulation.
And I have seen it in many around me,
even in those who hadn't heard about Javier Solana, etc.
I see the urge for people to become more self-sufficient.

I do believe that the bible instructs us to prepare and store up.
This is what the parable of the 10 virgins is all about.
5 were not prepared to make it through the long-dark night before the
bridegroom appeared. They ran out of oil at the mid-point (3.5 years ??)
After they went to buy more, they perished because they took the Mark
in order to be able to buy more.

The bible doesn't say that most of us will be killed during tribulation.
Yes it will be a HUGE number,
but it will be largely those who stay in the big cities that are killed.
And many will starve because they have no food.

4th seal says he will be given permission by God to persecute 25% of the
earth (that's statistically how many claim the name of Christ or Jehovah)
It doesn't say he will actually kill 25% but he will try to with the threat of
the sword (murder) or hunger (no mark = no food) or pestilence.
I imagine he's going to expect us to come crawling back when we are
starving to death. So having some food stored up will at least buy us
some time.
The 5th Seal says there is a certain number in God's mind that will be
killed and then he will cut it short. We don't know what that number is.

I think the Lord is putting it in people's minds now to buy up large tracts
of remote land where we can go to. Why not at least buy an old
motorhome so you can park on their land and live in it when the time
comes?

If financially possible, buy your own remote piece of land. If not, pray for the Lord to lead you to someone who will let you stay on their land.

Store up food till then,
but move it to a safer location when you see the obvious signs.

We are told that there will be famines (3rd seal). This is before the 4th
seal persecutions. So we need food for that time anyways.

And it isn't hugely expensive to store up enough food.
That is unless you are going to be like the Israelites and complain
because you have to eat "manna" all the time.
Buying huge sacks of grain and beans are the way to do it.
Buy a manual grain mill, and learn how to bake sourdough breads right
now !! That's what I'm doing.
There's a reason the Lord talks about the two women grinding grain when
he returns, and that is because we MUST do that to have bread if we don't
take the Mark.

Josepth stored up grain during the 7 years of plenty for the 7-year
drought. And the people survived even though I'm sure it got boring with
no variety. We have to change our mindset and not "long for the foods of
Egypt" while in our tribulation retreats. Prepare your hearts now to do
everything the "old fashioned" way and simply.

I've just created a Yahoo Group to discuss precisely this subject.

Please come and join the group if you are feeling an urge to prepare for
the hard times ahead.

**edited by grace2all**
coconut_meadows

Postby OBXBob on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:45 am

:wavewelcome: Linda!

It's good to have you join us!

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Be still on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:53 pm

:wavewelcome: Linda