"No Escape From the Sting" Revisited

No opposing arguments allowed

"No Escape From the Sting" Revisited

Postby FreeInHim on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I have been re-reading my "No Escape From The Sting" post and think it's time to revisit this issue. While my studies have further confirmed the lack of substance behind the pre-Trib rapture beliefs, my understanding of the post-Trib rapture has broadened.

Back when I posted the NEFTS thread I didn't mean to make it all about just Rev. 9:4. I was actually concerned about the entire 3 1/2 year Tribulation period. I don't think I could categorize myself as brave, nor could I ever be mistaken for someone with a high tolerance for pain. So to say I look forward to the Tribulation with utter dread is an understatement.

And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? Luke 12:25.

Well, not me. In fact, all my worrying has probably detracted from my stature! The fact that I can't reach things on upper shelves anymore may be less about aging and more about worrying. :grin:

Anyway, as I continued my studies there were things about the Trib and promises that were made that just weren't adding up according to my understandings. For instance, while I'm not a Dispensationalist in the classic sense, I still held to the belief that those supernaturally protected from the Trib could only be converted Jews. I finally stumbled upon a study recently that not only clears up these anomalies, but offers great relief and hope, as well. It changes everything about the manner in which I'm going to approach the Trib from now on.

Watch ye therefore and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36.

As in my KJV, most English translations have the word "escape." This is often misunderstood by pre-tribulationists as being passive (referring to the rapture). But the Greek word translated as "escape" is ekpheugo, which a more literal translation means "flee out." It is in an active voice, meaning one must take the initiative and flee by his own volition at the proper time.

During times of great trial God has always given His Faithful a way out. Pre-tribbers will say that God removed Noah and his family from the floods. But Noah was not passive in his survival, he played an active role in it. So did Lot when he took his family out of Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is actually a lengthy study done by Tim Warner and found in http://www.answersinrevelation.org. It is protected by copyright (plus a security app) so I'm unable to post much of it. However, I can't urge my beloved brothers and sisters in Christ enough to go to the link and click on "Flight of the Watching Ones," or just click to go to the pdf file here.

The gist of the study is that we Christians are going to be given a chance to escape the wrath. Provided we're watchful and prayerful we'll be granted a small window of opportunity to flee, and the Lord will show each of us where to go. To find out more, PLEASE read the study. Tim Warner, as always, does extremely meticulous research.
Last edited by FreeInHim on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreeInHim

Re: "No Escape From the Sting" Revisited

Postby drdos on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Bless you and thanks for the study information. I will surely read it. :angel:
drdos

Postby drdos on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:29 am

Really great and enlightning info for me. Bless you for the link, and the warning...
drdos

Postby burien1 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for posting this, FreeInHim. Will read when I get a chance. :wink:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Mrs. B on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm

No Escape From the Sting....Revisited...

I believe this......

We are now where we are....Because we were lead to this place...

Yesterday....was the 5oth year when Pres. Kennedy was killled....

I will always remember that day....

My Husband and I were filled with the Holy Spirit.....because of this we were put out of the Christian Church in which we were saved......But when we received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.....we were put out of the Bible College and the church......we were disfellowshipped.....and put out of the church...
Very young....and sold out to God....We followed the lord and felt led at this time to go into the Mission field...
Sold all.....and prepared to leave the US......and go into Mexico to be Missionaries...

Each day....we were planning to leave.....but this and that happened and stopped us from leaving....
The day before we were to leave....My husband went to our banK and made a with draw.....and as he walked out of the Bank.....There was Pres. Kennedy and His wife in a Pink Convertable.....
He came home and said.....you will not believe who I just saw......and we were excited .....he said I could have reached
and touched him......We thought this was a great thing.....that without any expectation the Kennedy's pass by and waved to him......

Now....what am I trying to say?
The Next day we left for Mexico........we got to the border just a noon.....and I said....we better stop and get some
fresh milk....we had our two young daughters and I wanted to be sure we had milk...
I stayed in the truck.....in a few minets he knocked on the window....I said....what is it?
He said...The President is dead.....He was just shot....
We were both shocked.....what should we do?.....should we go back...or go on?
We went to a phone....looked back....called mom and decided that we were to Go On...

When we got to the border......there was a line of cars....the car in front of us was allowed to pass..to go on to Mexico...But we were stopped.......
Do not get out of the car......stay... do not get out of the car....an officer said
you cannot go over to Mexico....nor will we let you go back to USA.....
The Border was closed for 72 hours......

This is what the Lord said to me.......When I say Go.....Go do not look back

No matter what.......
I have told my children this....If the lord wakes you up in the middle of the night and says get out of the City...
Get up and Go...do not stop for do not look back.....Just go...

OK what am I saying???
When the Lord says for you to go...go do not look back....do no stop....go

If now he is showing you to leave the cities....the obey the Lord...

I'm not saying this to make any one fearful....I just saying....Obey what the Lord show you to do...
Be lead by His Holy Spirit....
amen

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby FreeInHim on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you for sharing your story, Mrs. B. What an awesome example to follow.

These have been my thoughts, too, since discovering this study. When the Lord give the signal, GO! Do NOT grab anything, just run! When the time draws near I think it would even be wise to sleep in your day clothes.....that's how prepared I think we'll need to be.

You're so welcome, drdos and Burien. :grin:
FreeInHim

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 am

Fantastic study! Thanks for posting.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Wickus on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 pm

And thank you GodsStudent for directing me to this thread. This is great stuff. I will go to the link provided on the morrow (close to midnight at my side of the globe), but I am sure it will be great.

Thanks for sharing FreeinHim!
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm

:hugs: Ah, Wickus, could we be seeing it all come together? My heart skips a beat! The pouring out of the Lords Spirit.....things in plain sight, escaping me in scripture........I don't thrill and marvel at what is coming on the earth.....I tremble and grieve as the valley of decision is loaded with many that I love....and even more are full of scoffings, but I am rejoicing with everything in me that we are coming close to the time when Jesus is going to be returning.......He is Faithful, Mighty, Worthy, Healer, Redeemer, Savior, Lord....and He picked me up at my bequest, and has turned me all the way around....and He is coming to redeem me....and you.....Maranatha! :bounce:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Post-trib view only