Church Locator (posttrib)

No opposing arguments allowed

Church Locator (posttrib)

Postby jgilberAZ on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 am

I hold to a mostly prewrath view, but see much merit in the posttrib view.

That said, it's nearly impossible to find a church that isn't pretrib.

How do you guys handle it?

Any non-pretrib churches in Arizona Southeast Valley you know of?

- Jeff
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Re: Church Locator (posttrib)

Postby Seeker on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Jeff,

Good luck. I spent over a year searching many denominations in a large city area I used to live in. I would hang around long enough to determine their rapture view and then run for the hills...lol. I have settled with using places like this forum to discuss rapture issues. There may be many that pop up in the future though. After the AOD all the pre-tribbers will be leaving their pre-trib churches. Then after Armageddon all the pre-wrathers will be looking for a place to go...lol. Till then we have this forum...

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby jgilberAZ on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I have found a good church ... meets in a home ... probably 30 people ... very good, solid, biblical teaching.

Yet, darby-like dispensationalim plus strong pretrib.

So far, I'm accepted as a brother in the Lord.

But, my wife and I are going to dinner with the pastor and his wife on Thursday.

Frankly, I'm conflicted.

Do I hide my beliefs and be a closet non-pretribber and be accepted (kind of what my wife wants me to do)?

Or, do I let the cat out of the bag and inform them that I don't believe pretrib (what my heart tells me I need to do)?

I'm leaning towards openness and honesty, no matter the cost.

I don't think eschatological views should separate us. But, I find that those in the pretrib camp view anyone not pretrib as almost a heretic ... at the least, they see non-pretribbers as those who cannot rightly divide the word, and relegate them to second-class status ... not quite mature enough to see the 'truth' as they see it.

If they're going to reject me because of my eschatology, then it's better to know now than six months from now. It's not something that can stay hidden.

I'm becoming awfully discouraged, (and a little perturbed).

- Jeff
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Jeff,

I'm so happy you have found a good church, it really is such a rare and precious thing to find anymore. I feel for the decision you face, but fwiw I think you can never go wrong with the truth.

I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declaired thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy loving-kindness and thy truth from the great congregation. Psalm 40:10

I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me. Psalm 119:30

For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips. Proverbs 8:7
FreeInHim

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 pm

I belong to a Conservative Mennonite church in Virginia. Mennonite churches typically do not teach any specific position on eschatology. They tend to allow each person to discuss their personal view openly, as long as the discussion does not become divisive in the Body.

I do know there are some Mennonite churches in Arizona.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Jeff, this might seem a bit simplistic, but you might consider making your view known and asking the Pastor how (not if) that might affect your fellowship there? That way, you've been honest and above-board about your concern and hopefully he will as well. Just a thought....
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby jgilberAZ on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm

I wrote:Yet, darby-like dispensationalim plus strong pretrib.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=59362

:verymad:
jgilberAZ

Return to Post-trib view only