Day of the Lord

No opposing arguments allowed

Day of the Lord

Postby Christ_Our_Hope on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:16 am

Ok - quick question to see how many of you have your scripture hats on: what event marks the beginning of the Day of the Lord?

Second question: which event marks the end of the Tribulation?

Next: Is there a reference in scripture that in anyway joins the two time periods together?

Ok - answers:

1. The event that marks the beginning of the Day of the Lord is the sun and moon being darkened. Joel 2:31, Matt 24:29-31, Rev 6:12. You also see this event mentioned in Acts 2:19-20.

2. The end of the Tribulation is marked by Christ's coming at Matt 24:29-31.

3. Does the Tribulation then happen during the Day of the Lord? Not according to scripture.

How many of us have heard of the Day of the Lord being separated into two segments: the Day of the Lord and the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord? Well sure, if you have been around long enough you have heard this.

I believe in separations of events during the Day of the Lord:

1. The initial appearing of Christ in the clouds which marks the beginning of the Day of the Lord. This is followed by approximately 2 years, 10 months and 20 days. How do I derive this? Well I go with Dan 8:13-14. There are 2300 days mentioned here and if you were to deduct the time from the middle of Daniel's 70th Week (desolation of the temple) to the time when Christ comes you have approximately 3.5 years. Then deduct that amount from the 2300 days and you have about 2 years, 10 months and 20 days. This period is the wrath of God upon man. The Rapture has occurred in Matt 24:29-31 and thus the Church has been taken out of the world. There are still the 144,000 who have been sealed from the wrath of God. But otherwise no believer is present on earth during this period. The end of this period is the cleansing of the temple and the setting up of Christ's rule on earth in power and glory.

2. The main period of the Day of the Lord is where Christ rules from Jerusalem. The Feast of Tabernacles is resumed. Its is here that Dispensationalists say that this is where those on the earth that came out of the Trib and wrath and who were lost must do WORKS in order to be justified. I am not going to go into all of this but there are certain things that the Lord is going to require during this period. I will leave the reader to ponder if its possible that anyone comes out of the Day of the Lord bound for eternity other than those who were part of the First Resurrection. If God is going to make secure anyone that was lost during the time of the Antichrist then one thing is sure: they could not have taken the mark of the Beast. Are there any still on earth at this time that didn't take the mark? And do these people procreate during this period? Is the way to eternal life any different than during the Age of Grace in which we live during the Day of the Lord? Most of us would agree that salvation in Jesus Christ alone was the only way for a person to have eternal security.

3. The last portion of the Day of the Lord is marked by a grand rebellion. Some do not consider this the Day of the Lord as AFTER the 1000 days are finished Satan is released and goes out to lead this rebellion. I will not split hairs over this. The Bible says that the Lord will rule and reign for 1000 years but you can find scripture on David's reign and you will find that the Word states that he reigned in two places and the total goes over what is listed in one place in scripture. Does God lie or is there a scriptural error here? No. I believe that the term 1000 years is a round figure and should not be taken literally in the sense of inclusiveness. We can honestly say that he does rule and reign for AT LEAST 1000 years and that is good enough for me. And the end of his reign is so close to this number that to say 1100 years or even 1050 years would be incorrect. So much for those that look at scripture for contradiction and error.

4. There is a final judgment of those that are part of the Second Resurrection. Again here is where Dispensationalists will say that those who were left of those that came out of the Trib (with no mark I suppose) are also judged and if there name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life then they too have eternal life. I do know that those who are part of the Second Resurrection are lost for eternity. There is never any statement made in connection with them that they are "blessed and holy" as is connected to the First Resurrection.

A note on Daniel's 70th Week: I do not believe that the entire period of this week should be called the Tribulation. I also do not believe in a Tribulation and a Great Tribulation. I believe that the Trib starts at the mid point of the week once the Antichrist reveals himself as a god (II Thes 2). I would welcome anyone that can come up with scripture that teaches that the giving of the mark happens earlier too.

So what will mark the beginning of Daniel's 70th Week? Most of you know the answer to this: the making of a covenant (a false one) between the Antichrist and "many" as found in Dan 9:27:

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

In closing, its useless to argue with people about this topic. It takes careful preparation (praying for power and looking over the scriptures carefully) when you work with people concerning the Lord's return.

It takes great discernment to determine when and when not to bring it up unless asked about our viewpoint.

Its great to know the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Thanks for providing this wonderful forum.
Christ_Our_Hope

Re: Day of the Lord

Postby mela on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Uh...my Scripture hat is not on at the moment, BUT I did want to take a moment and :welcome: you to the forum.
:a2:
mela
Supporting Member

Postby Christ_Our_Hope on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks! Glad to be here.
Christ_Our_Hope

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm

:wavewelcome: to the board, Christ_Our_Hope!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Post-trib view only