Armageddon=Wrath of God?

No opposing arguments allowed

Armageddon=Wrath of God?

Postby Finaldash on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Just a quick question. So is there any possibility that the Armageddon will consist of God's wrath?
Just popped in my head without me digging into the scriptures yet.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Re: Armageddon=Wrath of God?

Postby The Orange Mailman on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey Final Dash-

In Revelation 15:1, it tells us that the bowls consist of the wrath of God. In Revelation 16:12-16, we have a description of the sixth bowl. This is the sole reference to Armageddon in Revelation. So I would say yes.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman
The Orange Mailman

Postby Seeker on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Finaldash,

Just a quick question. So is there any possibility that the Armageddon will consist of God's wrath?
Just popped in my head without me digging into the scriptures yet.

I agree with Orange and let me add this. Armageddon is in the latter part of the wrath of God or near the end of it.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
Rev 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Armageddon is after the 6th vial. It is done at the 7th vial. That means the 6th vial is sometime close to the end of the last 7 years since the 7th vial is at the end of the last 7 years. Notice also Rev 16:15 Jesus says He comes as a thief. This is at the 6th vial and Jesus still is arriving as a thief. Blessed is he that watches and keeps his garments clean. This shows that Jesus doesn't arrive until after the wrath has began. Actually not until Armageddon which is what Rev 19 shows as well.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Jesus leaves heaven with the wrath of God and the armies of heaven follow Him. The armies of heaven would be the dead in Christ who rise first at the rapture. Jesus and the dead brothers in Christ head to earth, destroy the AC and gang at Armageddon, and then we who are alive and remain meet those in the air with Jesus (armies of heaven).

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jesus resurrects the saints and brings them with him. They come to execute judgment (Armageddon). The sequence is always the saints rise first and Jesus brings them with Him to execute judgment.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

when Jesus is revealed from heaven it is in flaming fire taking vengence. All these scriptures show the same events and sequence. Jesus resurrects the dead in Christ, they head to earth to execute judgment, and then we who remain and are alive are resurrected last just as shown in Matt 13 in the wheat and tares as well as the net parables. Armageddon taking place late in the wrath of God timestamps the return of Jesus for us quite nicely. Jesus doesn't return as the meek man that walked the earth 2 thousand plus years ago, He returns with wrath.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 6 shows Jesus returning with the wrath of the Lamb and also has the cosmic signs which connect it directly back to Matt 24 and the return of Christ.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Men first mourn when they see Jesus arriving and then the elect are gathered in 24:31. 24:29 has the same cosmic events shown in Rev 6 at the wrath of the Lamb. All the scriptures point to Jesus returning around the 6th vial/trumpet/seal and establishing the millennial kingdom at the 7th seal/trumpet/vial. It all fits nicely together when we view the return of Jesus after the wrath has began. There are 5 vials before Armageddon when Jesus returns. Those vials are part of the wrath of God thus again showing the return of Christ to be Post-Wrath in nature. They don't have a post-wrath section here so I post here in post-trib. Actually I just started calling my position post-wrath which decsribes it precisely and seperates it from the multitude of variations in post-trib positions. Your observation that Armageddon was during the wrath is very important when viewed with other scriptures such as the ones I have posted. There are more even but this is long enough as is.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Finaldash on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks for the detailed answer... helps out a lot.
Orange and Seeker, I always look forward to you guys' posts.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Seeker on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:43 am

No problem love to provide details...lol. If you have any questions let me know.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Return to Post-trib view only