Enter at your own risk

No opposing arguments allowed

Enter at your own risk

Postby TexasBeliever on Thu May 22, 2008 2:54 pm

I say that because I'm having a mini-meltdown. I have been having some very dark thoughts lately.

I feel that it's very unfortunate for we/us that we are probably going to be the generation that experiences the fear, horror, suffering ect. of the last days. There are some out there who will say, "Cheer up! You get to be alive for the MOST THRILLING time in history and you get the priviledge of witnessing for the Lord. (before you suffer from starvation, exposure, being hunted like an animal and having your head removed).

I doubt very seriously that the 6 million Jews who lost their lives and the lives of their children due to the death camps, ovens, gas chambers and medical experiments would have willingly done so even if they had known that Israel would be reborn as a result.

Is is just me? How do you all feel about this? Be honest now.

This whole thing reminds me of the ancient Chinese proverb/curse:

"May you live in interesting times."
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.
TexasBeliever

Postby TexasBeliever on Thu May 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Ummmmmm..........I hope I didn't put anyone off. Yes, I'm completely sober and have been on my meds.............. :cheeky:
TexasBeliever

Postby mark s on Thu May 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Faith is counting as reality the unseen, without regard for the seen.

While persecution, hardship, all of these things seem disastrous, the reality is that God uses this destruction of our flesh for the building up of our spirit.

Real faith is to begin to experience a hardship, and be glad, knowing that God is working something good in you.

Heavenly Father, please build this real faith into my sister, and into me, and into all of Your children, as it is Your will that we believe!

in Christ!
Last edited by mark s on Fri May 23, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Tevye on Thu May 22, 2008 3:42 pm

TexasBeliever wrote:Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.

I love it!
:grin:
So true.

I know how you feel with what you posted.
These are dark days indeed
and it seems as though
there is no soon relief.
But having read some interesting stories
I believe that as the trespasses increase
so will His grace and mercy.

May His spirit bring you Peace today.
Tevye

Postby bsheahan on Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 pm

TexasBeliever, aren't you a sister in Christ?

Anyway, I've heard how people (my sister is one of them) become sick because they've fretted so much about the coming trials. But the truth is that Satan is the one that imparts such feelings on us - just think of the spirit that God has given us, and further what we're COMMANDED through scripture, to suffer the afflictions for the sake of the Gospel!

This may sound a bit sadistic, but I truly hope I can be martyred for His sake. That is SUCH a sobering thing to hope toward, and certainly something that I'm not fully aware of what I ask for. But nonetheless, an honorable desire.

Take a look at some of these accounts of martyrdom in the early church:

Public Domain writings:
Fox's Book of Martyrs

A few of my favorites.

May the Lord Jesus Christ embolden you to live through these times with courage and the hope of His return - the kind of expectant hope we're given in the fulfillment of His promise!

A few passages I like to remind myself of.

HAIL KING JESUS!
brian
I am a son of God.
John 1:12
bsheahan

Postby crmann on Thu May 22, 2008 6:49 pm

This may sound a bit sadistic, but I truly hope I can be martyred for His sake.

The true Believer will count it a privilege to be martyred for His sake.. rather than hoping to be removed in a pre trib rapture.

The Church has been given the Great Commission, and will not be removed until this Great commission has been completed.
crmann

Re: Enter at your own risk

Postby Born at the right time on Fri May 23, 2008 1:56 am

TexasBeliever wrote:Is is just me? How do you all feel about this? Be honest now.

This whole thing reminds me of the ancient Chinese proverb/curse:

"May you live in interesting times."

Dearest Texas Believer

You are experiencing a time of testing. If I may be so bold I suggest that you print the following verses (and any other relevant scriptures) and read them every day especially when you start thinking your dark thoughts. Be very careful of feelings, they are very valid but extremely deceptive. Don't focus on them, you will feel sad, happy, angry, etc all in a very short space of time but His word NEVER changes - that is what you need to get into your mind and your heart. This battle is for your mind and you need to start fighting it now with scripture
:boxer:

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luk 12:11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and [unto] magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:

Luk 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

Briefly, for the past 4 years I have been going through a horrendous time with the most horrific family problems which worsen daily. I certainly don't have time or energy to think about tomorrow's evil. All I can do is look to Jesus for strength to get through each hour today. However in every problem is a blessing because each day when I turn towards Him for help and guidance I am amazed by His utterly amazing grace towards me. Do I deserve His grace - oh no! I deserve an eternity without Him but praise God, He knows me, He's my closest friend. Don't let the devil's fear take away your joy, don't take your eyes off Jesus, NOTHING else matters but HIM.

Phl 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and [my] hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but [that] with all boldness, as always, [so] now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether [it be] by life, or by death.

Phl 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

May God bless you :hugs:

Kate
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. 2Cr 13:14
Born at the right time

Postby crmann on Fri May 23, 2008 8:32 am

:praying:
crmann

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

in agreement :praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri May 23, 2008 2:14 pm

LOL Yes I am a sister!

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement, the scriptures and lifting me up in prayer.

I needed that more than you know. I have no one in my life to encourage me in this so I am alone with my thoughts except when I come to places like this.

If any of you have someone in your life who knows what you know, blessed are you! What a gift. I am so thankful to have all of you. May the Lord bless each of you.
TexasBeliever

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 pm

BornAtThe RightTime

I am so sorry to hear that. It is no small thing for a person suffering with a heavy burden to be able to encourage someone else. If you ever need to unload, I have ears to hear.

Thank you for the encouraging words. :flowerz:
TexasBeliever

Postby bsheahan on Fri May 23, 2008 2:30 pm

TexasBeliever wrote:I have no one in my life to encourage me in this so I am alone with my thoughts except when I come to places like this.

I know we're so very far away through millions of miles of Internet cabling and monitors and processors and memory chips, but honestly, WE are here for YOU. This is just another tool the Lord uses to bring through us edification to His saints.
I am a son of God.
John 1:12
bsheahan

Postby Born at the right time on Sat May 24, 2008 5:16 am

TexasBeliever wrote:BornAtThe RightTime

If you ever need to unload, I have ears to hear.

Thank you for the encouraging words. :flowerz:

Thank you TexasBeliever, I appreciate your kindness.

You've got a big ol' heart, I suspect that is why you're being tested, to stop you giving. We love you, you're our sister in Christ You just let us know when you're finding it tough and we'll help you give the enemy a run for his money! :sling:
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. 2Cr 13:14
Born at the right time

Postby TexasBeliever on Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 am

Thank you all so much. I suspect the Lord knew alot of us would be isolated in our lives concerning our knowledge of the times, and knew the only way for us to receive encouragement from fellow believers would be through the internet.

Have a great Memorial Day.
TexasBeliever

Postby ThomasDGW on Sun May 25, 2008 1:40 pm

I understand Ecclesiastes 7:10 to be saying that comparing one time to another is not valid, and that each time has its good points as well as its bad points. If God has chosen us to be born at this time, He must know best, and we will be surprised at what opportunities we will find in our lifetime.

I think part of the problem that we are dealing with here is that many prophecy teachers give a one-sided view of the times we live in. It is true that in the last days dangerous times will come, and evil men will grow worse (II Tim, 3:1, 13), but it is easy to give a very Biblical message, quoting just those verses, but ignoring II Tim. 4:17-18, for example.

I like something Kent Hovind said once in reference to people staying up worrying about the NWO conspiracies: "Read Psalm 2 (especially verse 4) and go to sleep." (I know all about Kent's faults as well as good points, so please don't launch into a discussion about him. I just wanted to give due credit.)

As some of you know, I live in Bolivia, South America. As I hear about the earth running out of energy, water, and food, I sort of shake my head and pray for God's people to wake up. God has provided more than enough resources for us if we just use them wisely. I wrote a term research paper in my M.S. degree program on hydroelectric resources, which pretty much came to the same conclusion as the infamous Club of Rome report, that there aren't enough hydroelectric resources in the world to supply electricity for our demand. When I got to Bolivia, I realized that I had been working with blinders on. The eastern slope of the Andes has so much hydro potential that it makes the Columbia River (where I used to live) look silly by comparison. The rainfall is a lot (120 inches a year) and the vertical drop is up to 12,000 feet. There is enough fresh water in Bolivia alone to supply the needs of every person on earth. Then there is Peru, which is even bigger. The Global Warming doom sayers are saying that it will not last, but those with faith in God should be active in finding solutions rather than bewailing the end of the world.

When the darkness grows, the small candles appear bright. (I don't remember who said that first.)
ThomasDGW

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Texas Believer,

I just want to share something with you. First of all, I believe in a post-tribulation rapture,
but I was raised to believe in a pre-trib rapture, which I just was never comfortable with, I just wasnt sure why.
Finally, after I spent some time on my knees, really humbling myself before God, and asking, no...begging (lol) for
truths, he not only truly revealed his love for me, (and others), but he started giving me scriptures, etc. that
show me that the saints will indeed have to endure much tribulation.

I learned about martial law, the illuminati, government conspiracies, etc. years ago, but I never thought
they'd be coming together so quickly. This drive for money and a one world government is unbelievable, and
there is no stopping them, other than God stopping them, but I don't believe that is in his plan, as prophecy
has to unfold.

Anyhow, as I read about H.A.R.R.P., mind control, E.L.F. holograms, and studied more about spiritual
warfare, I became so frightened, just laying there trying to listen for anyone coming to harm my family,
(which is very difficult, since I haven an inherited disease, otosclerosis, which left me almost completely
deaf, after having five babies, each one taking away more of my hearing).....anyhow, I have never been
afraid of the dark, etc. which many have teased me about since I'm not a very big person, and I'm a girl.

Then I became afraid of the dark, and just living in fear in general, which some friends on the
trib-prep group that I belong to called me on. Well, everything is in steps with God, at least for me, and
so I again went to my knees and prayed for God to deliver me from this fear.....and he's taken most of
it away....of course, I have my times, like almost anyone, but he always reminds me that nothing will
ever happen to us that doesn't go through him first. And he reminds me of that every time I start to
get terribly fearful!!

My husband turned away from God a long time ago, and is an angry man for some reason, that actually
curses God sometimes, as well as my children and I. All I can do is continue to set a good example, have
patience and pray for him.
If I can ever be of help, just let me know. Here's one scripture that really helps, too.

(2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Also, just read and re-read Psalms 91....over and over....it's the best!! I also think of Stephen, in the
Bible, who saw Christ at the right hand throne of God, when he was being stoned...and I also think of
Paul, who was imprisoned and persecuted for his faith in the Lord. But most of all....I think of an
innocent man who was spit on, beaten, mocked and shamed before being hung on a cross to die, just
for we who are sinners......he paid the price for us, and our reward is in Heaven, we just need to stay
strong during these horrific times ahead. I keep on thinking that he if could do that for us, then I can
get through whatever happens, for him. He'll never leave us nor forsake us.

I hope that helps some. God bless you, AmericanBooGirl :blessyou:
AmericanBooGirl

Postby Lightseeker on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 am

And bless you, AmericanBooGirl, for posting that.

Praying the Father will draw your husband to Him and that his heart will be softened and praying for you and your children too...
Lightseeker

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks so much, Lightseeker, for your encouragement, it's greatly appreciated.
I know these are tough times and feel that the saints are going to be far more tested than
we could ever begin to imagine, but with God on our side, we will prevail. The worst part for me,
is to see my children and grandbabies go through fightening things, I cannot fathom what will
happen to them when the antichrist is allowed to takeover for a time, but I just have to continually
give it to the Lord....either that or lose my sanity completely!! lol
Blessings to you, >AmericanBooGirl<
ps The "American" part of my nickname is because I do love America, and the "Boo" part is the nickname for
my little black cocker spaniel that looked more like a bear and acted more like a bear than a dog. We
named her Jasmine, but after a short time, realized that BooBoo was more fitting. (Remember when Yogi
the Bear always said, "Hello, BooBoo, how ya doin?" to the little bear?) I always loved that part. She passed away
at the age of 12 years, from Lymphoma. That was 1 1/2 years ago, and I miss her like crazy, still. =(
And the "Girl" part is because I do love being a girl. Someone else had asked me about the "Boo" part, and
I do want to reassure everyone that it has nothing to do with ghosts or halloween. I don't celebrate that
evil holiday, or whatever it is. I have a "harvest time" instead. =)
AmericanBooGirl

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 pm

I know how you feel, original poster, and it's so much worse when you have kids. I'm not really looking forward to watching my children suffer. The only thing that takes my focus off that is the motivation to win souls that are on their way to hell. We have a job to do :armor:
extravagantchristian

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:41 pm

I agree completely, extravagantchristian, you're so right. The sad thing is, that by
the time that so many take the mark of the beast, it will no longer do any good to witness to them, because
they'll already be doomed to an eternity in Hell. That tears me apart, because I fear that some
who are decent people, but weak, or didn't seek the truth and was fooled, will be some of those that don't
make it to Heaven. Blessings, >AmericanBooGirl<
AmericanBooGirl

Postby shorttribber on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm

There is little doubt we will be overcome by the Antichrist as individuals and on and on it will go, BUT the scriptures are clear we will NOT be overcome as a Body, as a Body we will NOT be prevailed against.

Lets look at history for an example, those who were prepared and following the direction of the Holy Spirit fled Jerusalem and were for the most part protected and spared by God as a group who had the wisdom to flee when warned by God to do so. Those who stayed in Jerusalem met severe tragedy.

There is a chance in my opinion that we may well find ourselves supernaturally protected during much of the coming trouble if we really have an ear to hear what the Spirit says to each of us as individuals.

As a young Christian many moons ago too was taught pre-trib and like so many others found my way out via the Holy Spirit and the Word. In times past and even today I pondered what God may do with us and where he may send us during the time of great distress to come. What if we were to all the sudden begin to glow brightly as individuals as Moses did during that time? What if that were to happen? What if Daniel 12:3 begins to happen LITERALY?

What if the only way to stop us from glowing would be to kill us? But what if God makes it not as easy as the Antichrist and his followers would like? What if God blinks us around the globe to places unknown to speak the Word against the Antichrist and his followers as He did with Philip after he baptised the eunuch and was not and was found in another place preaching?

There are many possibilities besides just running like a squealy pig being chased for dinner.

Let's try to focus our attention on what God can do and not so much on what we think the enemies of Christ may do.

This is a long post and very uncommon for me since I'm so slow at typing but hang in there just a little longer please.

There was a time when for an unknown reason to me still other than for God to destroy a certain fear I had, did the very thing He did with Philip to me, that's right, He blipped me to another spot about a mile or so from where I stood to another area.
It really happened folks, it's a long story but if my brothers and sisters here want to know in detail what happened I will type it out for your reading.

We will go nowhere or be harmed by anyone until Gods complete will for our life and ministry has expired.

Think about it and let not your heart be troubled. :armor:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 am

Hi shorttribber,
I for one, would really like to hear your story. =)
And thanks for the reminders about how God can and does protect his people who are living
for him, and listening to his instructions.

Although I am not fond of not knowing what the evil ones are going to do to us, and when....God
has removed most of my fear....for me, at least, but for unsaved loved ones, that's a different
story...I have unsaved loved ones, doomed for an eternity in Hell, if they don't get right with God
before it's too late. My husband turned his back on God years ago, and will not lead our children.
We have five children from 14 to 26, and only 2 of them are living for the Lord. =( All I can do is
to keep on setting a good example, and pray for them.

As far as God protecting the saints, well....I know he can and does...but as far as the Great
Tribulation, the scriptures are clear about the antichrist making war with the saints, and that we
must suffer because Jesus suffered first. It also shows how the elect have their bloodied robes washed
clean and white, after they have endured persecution. We'll just have to listen for his instructions,
and like you say, nothing will happen to us, until God is ready for our ministry to be done. Whatever
is his will is mine. Now, how about that story?? :grin: Blessings, >AmericanBooGirl<
AmericanBooGirl

Postby shorttribber on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:20 am

I will then-------------work'n in my shop now--------will do it later tonight-----------fairly long so I'll need to save it a few times and post it in a day or two

Wellcome
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Luk 21: 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 am

Welcome Godstudent,

Look at the definition and root words of that word "escape" from vs. 21, you'll find it means to "flee from" as we are instructed to do regarding sin.

Look also at the prior vs 20 and you will see what Jesus is instructing us to "flee from" we need to pray we will be able to "flee from those things He spoke of in vs 20, that being drunkenness, the snare that will be set due to hearts failing out of fear------these are the things Jesus has asked us to pray we will flee from and STAND instead of FALL.

Instead of FALLING AWAY in APOSTISY He asks us to pray to be ABLE to STAND DURING that time.

shorttribber

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:36 am

:a3: shorttribber.
AmericanBooGirl

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 am

:a3: shorttribber! I agree! Flee those things that will weigh our hearts down so that day will not come upon us like a trap/snare.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanxferyersupport :grin:

shorttribber

Postby lamb7 on Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 am

The tribulation to come. Yes, I've thought about it too. At first I was overwhelmed. Then I thought to myself, why would I be spared any sort of tribulation. Why would I be so special. There have been thousands of God-fearing Christians throughout the history of man who have died with the name of our Lord Jesus' name on their lips. They were not spared. They were not special. Not in the sense that they should be whisked away. Their deaths were to His glory. And we are told that we, too, may face the same fate.

I've encountered troubles through life, as we all have. They have been lessons to me in faith. The simplest trouble, I turn to my God and pray. I have taken this time being laid-off my job to study intensely. I am preparing myself spiritually for whatever may come, for I know I very well may have to go through the trying times of the Tribulation proper. I look around me and see many that I know and love, that might not be with me on that day, if I should be there, going to our Lord Jesus. I pray, and I let them go to God. I do not know their true hearts, only He does. Jesus tells us that we are not to love anyone on this earth more than Him. Faith and prayer in Him will be with those we love. We live our lives to shine His light and He will take care of the rest.

I know many people will denounce that hell even exists, because of these troubles. They can't stand the thought of those they love, who don't know Jesus, going to hell. They will say there is no devil, no hell. That Jesus was only a man and that God is only an idea, but is really the strength we give ourselves. That each human is really a God. They will twist scripture until it becomes more comfortable for them. All of this to take the sting of death away. Creating their own religion (cult), of which there are many. God will lead and open the eyes of all who take the time to read His word, themselves, with a true longing of the truth. Enough of the spoon-fed **** being spewed by false teachers...put away childish ways! Pray that God sends you the truth of His Word so that you can be truly prepared for what is to come.

The fact is that we will all die. I can look back at my life and see good and bad things, but nothing compared to what Jesus did for us all. If I can die with His name on my lips, and die, having survived massive torture and ridicule then my death will have trumped everything that my life was not. It will have given my birth purpose and reveal glory to Him, the most High. My death may make others see that my will and faith were strong enough to face death for His sake, so much so that I would accept death before bowing to any other. My death may save even one soul, and that, for me, would be worth my whole life in that one split second before they took my head.

I am not afraid. I am a soldier. I will die for what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. His sacrifice will not be in vain! I will take up my cross and know that I will have troubles and I will have pain. It is my duty to follow Him in every way. I will not try to weasel out of this path. I put on the armor of God and strive towards that day.

Praise the Almighty God and the the gift of His son, Jesus Christ!
lamb7

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 08, 2009 11:33 am

lamb7 wrote:The tribulation to come. Yes, I've thought about it too. At first I was overwhelmed. Then I thought to myself, why would I be spared any sort of tribulation. Why would I be so special. There have been thousands of God-fearing Christians throughout the history of man who have died with the name of our Lord Jesus' name on their lips. They were not spared. They were not special. Not in the sense that they should be whisked away. Their deaths were to His glory. And we are told that we, too, may face the same fate.

Excellent point, lambslave7! The "why me? - I've been good" perspective may very well be the reasoning that causes the great falling away imho. Many will despair because they think God has abandoned them in their time of need.

Praise the Almighty God and the the gift of His son, Jesus Christ!

:a3:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Post-trib view only