New Gal

No opposing arguments allowed

New Gal

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to introduce myself. Boy am I glad I found this place. Being able to discuss various aspects of posttrib with others who've come to the same conclusion. What a luxury!

I've been studying prophecy since I became a believer in 1988. I was pretrib for years, (cause that was all that was out there) but lots of things that the Bible said just didn't seem to jive with it. So I started reading the scripture anew, as one with no preconceived thoughts on it, and the text, to me, clearly pointed to posttrib.

What amazed me was that so much of pretrib was assumption and threading things together and overlooking others.

Well, it took me a year to recover from the shock of realizing what the future holds for us. You really can't blame the pretrib camp for clinging so tightly; posttrib is pretty scary stuff.

I don't have anyone to talk to about this except at places like this. What's more my husband of 28 years is not a Christian. I became one several years after we married.

I'm 49 years old and have been married for 28 years, no kiddos.

Very grateful to be here.

Lisa
TexasBeliever

Postby mark s on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 pm

:welcome: Lisa!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby OBXBob on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:18 pm

:wavewelcome: Lisa!

It's great to have you join us!

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby SueAnn on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:23 pm

:welcome: Lisa!

My hubby is saved but thinks I need medication to cure this "end times" obsession I have. He thinks I am Chicken Little.

My Mom is unsaved and thinks I am "too religious...it's not good to be so religious that you bring it into your everyday life."

So, this website means a lot to me, too.

Glad we both found it!

I'm prewrath (as you say, post-trib), but am hoping I am wrong and would love to hear all the pretribbers say, "I told you so!" as we rise to meet Jesus in the clouds!

Again, welcome, Lisa!
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi Lisa... :wavewelcome:

You've come to the right place....

We're not all post trib.... we're divided.... pre trib, post trib... pre wrath....

But there are many who will enjoy interacting with you on the topic.

But we all believe Jesus is soon coming back..

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Thank you all! Sue: LOL!!! :mrgreen: I know what you mean! I get the "shall I have her committed?" look even when I try to witness to hubby, let alone speak of prophecy!

The last time I tried to witness to him he said "Only an imbecile and a biggot would believe that there's only one way to God."

I pretty much just threw up my hands at that point. I'm going to have to wait for God to nudge him I think. Sigh.
TexasBeliever

Postby proparent on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:08 pm

:welcome:

From one Lisa to another! I've been married 28 years also.

You'll love it here.

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Wow! Is that weird or what? LOL!
TexasBeliever

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm

crmann: Yes I understand. No disrespect intended. I'm not here to debate; been there and done that for a couple of years on another board. I really just need conversation with people who see posttrib in the scripures for support.

Thanks for your welcome!
TexasBeliever

Postby TexasBeliever on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks for the 'hellos and welcomes' everyone! Nice to be here. :a2:
TexasBeliever

Postby bertienesbitt on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:00 am

:banana:

hi lisa welcome sis
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.
(Isa 9:6-7)
bertienesbitt

Postby Downpour on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Welcome Lisa, it sure is a great place!! :grin:

Well, it took me a year to recover from the shock of realizing what the future holds for us

I was the same way, when I realized it, it is scary, but once you remember, that the Lord is holding you in His hands, it isn't scary anymore!! And weither we live or die, we will be with Jesus and take part in the resurrection!! :grin:
Downpour

Postby TexasBeliever on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 am

I'm counting on the Lord to give me courage when I need it, because I don't come by that naturally. :cry:
TexasBeliever

Postby Downpour on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:59 am

I don't either, and I know the Lord will hold us up, to go through what ever we will need to go through. He will be there with us every step of the way!!
Downpour

Postby crmann on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:35 am

TexasBeliever wrote...

crmann: Yes I understand. No disrespect intended. I'm not here to debate;

So sorry, Lisa.... didn't mean to even imply that you were...my apologies... our debates here are more like discussions... many minds have been changed on many issues in our discussions here.... And, for me, it's an education just being here.

Love and :hugs:

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby TexasBeliever on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:21 pm

No apology necessary! I agree. Even after studying the prophecies for 20 years, one never stops learning something new or seeing something that they have wrestled with for years become clear. :wink:
TexasBeliever

Postby crmann on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:34 am

No apology necessary!

I appreciate that, TexasBeliever...

Thanks...

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey, Lisa and Lisa (and everyone else that I love so much) from yet another LISA.......

:lol:
Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby proparent on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Yay! 3 Lisa's in a row! Lisa cubed! Anymore out there?

:lol:

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Thu May 01, 2008 10:23 am

Help!!!!! We're being surrounded by Lisas....

How nice! A thorn surrounded by roses.....

:hugs:

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby david on Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 am

Hello Texas believer, I just want to welcome you here and yes there are people like you out here. I think most of us know what it’s like to view things much differently than the world and even other believers from a biblical perspective. This has been the best place for me to share my views concerning biblical prophecy with others and I’m am very thankful for it too.

Isn’t it cool when you just read the bible the conclusions you draw that are not necessarily mainstream? As it was mentioned there are folks here that are Pre-Trib and I like most have a lot of respect for them. That is what makes this a welcoming place for all.

The FP website & board has covered a lot of recent global historical events to current events that appear to have very strong correlations to bible prophecy. I personally have witnessed many significant events in the past 15 or so years of watching. Just don’t fear any of it because we have a great Lord and Savior and no matter what happen in life we can depend on Him in the end.

Welcome to You,

david
david

Postby TexasBeliever on Thu May 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Hey GodsStudent! The Three Musketeers! LOL :mrgreen:

Hi David! I try not to fear. I think the really tough part for me is that my DH is not a believer. Being aware of all these events possibly happening in my lifetime, and no one close to me who believes and/or understands.

DH thinks I'm over the bend. Mom and sister are aware that I've been studying prophecy and I spoke to them about it when I was pretrib. I haven't approached them since I realized it's not going to be prebrib.

Sigh........................................
TexasBeliever

Welcome!!!!

Postby Kathe on Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Keep praying for your family and husband. My husband was a believer before me and I would get really mad at him when he tried to talk to me about stuff. So he just prayed. For years. Then God just kept putting these weird Christians in my path and I gave in to Him. LOL I know my husbands prayers were the key. God is great and everything in his timing.

Welcome! Kathe
Kathe

Re: New Gal

Postby AmericanBooGirl on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:53 am

Hi TexasBeliever, it's good to see another newcomer here, as I am new myself. =)
Although I am not another Lisa, I will be married for 28 years this April (2009), and to a mate
who has turned away from the Lord, as well. He's had a pretty decent life, so I don't know why he
is an angry man who takes everything out on the kids and I, but I'm still praying for him, like I've
done for years. Everytime I feel like giving up, and getting away from living in a house divided,
somehow I just can't give up on him.
As time goes on, we believers who know the truth and try to tell others, will be more and more
segregated, and eventually hated by even our own relatives, but standing for our Lord is the only
way....he's our only hope. I ask my husband and unsaved loved ones this question:
Do you want to bow before our Lord now and build a relationship with him....and be considered worthy
to be in his Kingdom someday....or do you want to bow before him, when Judgement Day comes,
and be committed to an eternal life in Hell, away from the Lord and all of your loved ones?? I hate
having to be so blunt, but someone has to tell them...we just can't keep on sugar coating everything
anymore. The preachers don't dare preach about endtimes, homosexuality, or Hell. It has to be
feelgood sermons. I also constantly share with them how great our God is, and how much he cares
about the littlest things that happen in our lives. I use every example I can to glorify our Lord.
Hopefully before time runs out, they will get it, and humble themselves before God. How I wish
our nation would do the same. Anyhow, this is a really nice place to fellowship with other believers,
I'm already finding that out. Blessings to you, AmericanBooGirl :grin:
AmericanBooGirl

Return to Post-trib view only