Is It Just ME?

No opposing arguments allowed

Is It Just ME?

Postby Hippiechic on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Or is everyone tired of discussion of the end-times ending in a phrase such as "Wow, the rapture could happen any day" with the same people who know how you believe on the subject? And you know that if you get into it again with them it's just going to start an argument, so you let it go, and then wonder if you were a wimp for not mentioning how you believed AGAIN!

"NO, Mom... it won't. It's actually going to happen a little over three and a half years past 2010 by my current calculations of the chain of events in the Middle East and Europe... (of course I allow for that time frame to be wrong, but you get the drift). Three and a half years where people that are being taught by people like you are going to panic and wonder what in the world is going on!"

And what's funny is the people we know who are so certain that the rapture could happen at any second have no idea what is happening right under their noses over there until we enlighten them. Their eyes widen and then they grab a little tighter to their precious pre-trib rapture doctrine. I know, I know... we were once in their shoes and it was only through the grace and teaching of the Holy Spirit that we know what we know now, right? And that doesn't mean that we know everything! No one has achieved all knowledge of correct interpretation of Scripture... but still... it gets frustrating. Especially around Christmas when you'd just like to have something in common with your family and it seems that the whole Rapture thing is one more gorilla in the room on top of 100 others! :(

I'm so glad I have you guys....
Jesus loves me for who I am,
and He loves you for who you are too!
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby proparent on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 pm

And we're glad we have you! :hugs:

Love, In Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby Tevye on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:48 pm

Hey hippychic
I think you have expressed the feeling of all who do understand
what is truely written in the word about His coming
and want so bad to share it, yet the veil is so think over their eyes
they refuse to see or even listen for that matter.
I am in touch with all you said!!!
Tevye

Postby savedbygrace on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Becca,

Don't feel alone, truth is a narrow path. It is very lonely at times to feel like you are different from everyone else at your church, and even rejected for your views on the end times. But soon those same people will be turning to you for answers when the antichrist arises and the massive attack against Christians begins and we will be responsible to show them the truth of the scriptures. Hopefully their faith will be strengthened by your answers and they will not abandon their faith in Jesus altogether because it did not turn out like they had thought!

So don't get discouraged, just pray for them and look to the future and see the big picture. God is preparing you for a difficult time ahead!

your brother in the Lord,
Jake
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby El Gallo on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:22 pm

I agree the point is that if you patiently explain it, they will be asking you questions in due course. Of course the issue is it is a potential tragedy, as folks expecting a Rapture, but not seeing it, may question everything they have been taught as things get worse, and thereby be susceptable to the Deception.
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby crmann on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm

How long is it going to take for the pre trib rapture crowd to begin realizing there's not going to be a secret rapture?

This is what I am wondering.
crmann

Postby savedbygrace on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:16 pm

My hope is that they will even accept that fact at all.
The possibility exists that some pre-tribbers will adamantly believe in their view to the extent that they will ignore the plain facts that contradict it, therefore they will be misled into an even greater deception.
You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience you possess your souls. Luke 21:16-19
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby crmann on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:19 pm

they will be misled into an even greater deception.

This is my thinking.
crmann

Postby gracebyfaith on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:40 am

What exactly is end time conversation? Is it the way world events are unfolding in conjunction with biblical understanding, or just the age old doom and glum scenario of how things may play out if they keep on their course?

I have never been big on rapture theology because it tends to causes to much controversy. You see the main issue is not when, or if, but wiether your right in Christ. The path we should follow should be towards righteousness and holiness in Him.

If I had my pick I would say that the influence of the church will be taken away bringing about the fulfillment of the promise to the Jews. Nominal Christians will have to make a choice for they will have been left behind.

What I am saying is that we were not sent to preach the rapture, and we should not allow divisions due to different interpretations of the word in this area. Lets look once again to His calling and purpose in our lives.

May we be ready when He comes, thoughts can change in an instance, life’s led can not.

Mt 6:33-34 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
gracebyfaith

Postby savedbygrace on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:58 pm

gracebyfaith wrote:What I am saying is that we were not sent to preach the rapture, and we should not allow divisions due to different interpretations of the word in this area.

I agree with you, there should not be divisions in the church over rapture timing. But I also know this is not the present reality. My salvation is questioned and even blatantly denied by many who hold to the popular pre-trib position within my church.

That is the reality of the situation over rapture timing doctrines. So it causes me to look at WHY there is so much controversy about the issue. And the possible answers are very alarming. Satan wants to catch his enemies off guard! This is the position many people are in, who believe the church will not be here for the war against the saints. And it causes a lot of division unfortunately. This is part of the refining process of the church in the last days perhaps. The true church will arise at the end, those who love the Lord and keep his word.

GBU,
Jake
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby Faithful is the Word on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Thank you savedbygrace for correcting the room I should have posted in. I thought I was in pre-trib. I was wondering why Hippychic was saying that in pre-trib! my response to your thread Hippychic was to ensure you our faith was secure. Thanks again savedbygrace!

Faithful is the Word
Faithful is the Word

Postby ChrisJ on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:09 am

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Dan. 11:32-33 gives me hope. I like to think that I am one of those that understand (LOL don't ask Hippiechic to agree), and I will instruct many as the times change and their hearts open up due to disappointment with the Pre-trib position.

ChrisJ
ChrisJ

Postby Hippiechic on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:19 am

Hmmm... :wink:
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby Hippiechic on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:34 am

Thank you all! What I meant by end-times conversation was discussion on all the stuff going on in the EU and the Middle East that seem to be pointing towards fulfillment of Biblical prophecies. From my point of view I'm trying to open their eyes to the fact that we might/are in days right before the anti-christ declares himself as God, and all they see is that Jesus could come at any minute. They don't realize that the events I am describing are putting us closer and closer to BEING HERE when it all goes down. I don't ever argue with them, or try to cause division, because I know it's not worth it... I just always hope that something that excites us both may open their eyes to the truth? Especially when they know how I believe everything ends... I guess I'm trying to lead them to my conclusions in a neutral way? It's not working. LOL

And unlike Chris I'm not going to stand there and quote every known verse on why it's post-trib! :wink: I do love his understanding!
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby In His Grip on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 pm

What exactly would be the purpose or reasons for Christians to go
through the tribulation?
Oh Happy Day!!
In His Grip

Postby savedbygrace on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 am

:welcome: In His Grip!

Nice to see you poking around on this side of the board!
This isn't really the debate forum, so I will refrain from making any arguments here... LOL

I would suggest making a thread in the bible discussion forum, with your question as the title. It may get some interesting comments, and I would be interested to read them myself. What are the reasons for Christians to go through the tribulation period... an excellent question!

God bless you
Jake
savedbygrace
Supporting Member

Postby In His Grip on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 pm

savedbygrace wrote::welcome: In His Grip!

Nice to see you poking around on this side of the board!
This isn't really the debate forum, so I will refrain from making any arguments here... LOL

I would suggest making a thread in the bible discussion forum, with your question as the title. It may get some interesting comments, and I would be interested to read them myself. What are the reasons for Christians to go through the tribulation period... an excellent question!

God bless you
Jake

Okay. I'm not really sure how things go around here. Kind of still
finding my way around. I'll try your suggestion.
Oh Happy Day!!
In His Grip

Postby Tevye on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm

In His Grip wrote:What exactly would be the purpose or reasons for Christians to go
through the tribulation?

What is the purpose for any tribulation?
Why did God allow first century Christians
to go through what Rome dished out to them.
Lions, burning on a stake, tared and then lit by fire.
Not to say Christians will go through this in the great tribulation.

Whatever the reason
God is loving and more wise than I
and is powerful enough to keep us through tribulation
for the day he comes and gathers us home.

btw...In His Grip
welcome aboard!!!
Tevye

Postby BobRyan on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 am

Indeed given the millions of saint tortured and slain in the dark ages it is a bit too late to be speaking about "Christians not going through tribulation".

in Christ,

Bob
BobRyan

Welcome!!

Postby Kathe on Wed May 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Christians have been going through persecution and tribulation since Jesus died on the cross. We will continue to go through it until He comes back at the end.

As someone else said this is not the place to debate and this is not a topic to divide as we are all on the same side.

Again welcome! Kathe
Kathe

Re: Is It Just ME?

Postby bkhoward2001 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:28 am

I think it is a little frustrating to all of us. The reality is the most Christians have their head in the sand. Some like us see the signs are now and are 'early adopters' so to speak. Others are 'seekers but fence riders' and for those it will take a few more serious events to bring them along. Others are just 'blinded and not seeking' and to these we must just pray. It is frustrating especially with family and close friends who do not see yet.

http://www.EndTimeReady.com
bkhoward2001

Return to Post-trib view only