Getting Together

No opposing arguments allowed

Getting Together

Postby lisa68 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 pm

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area. I was just wondering after reading Holly's post regarding preparing the saints.

Have any FP members thought about getting together in their own areas. Networking to kind of pray, discuss, and get to know each other.

Maybe someone else has already thought of this - I wasn't sure.

I was just thinking that it would be good if we kind of had a support base for at time when we may not have computer access.

God Bless Everyone!

Lisa
lisa68

Postby Sue-M on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:34 am

Lisa, I was thinking about this also. I was wishing for a way to know who lives near me. I've actually been praying and asking God to meet other Christians near me who also believe that we are close to seeing Jesus return.

I have given this to God. Whatever He wants for me, that's the way it will be. But, it is my prayer to have like-minded fellowship when we are cut off or when the AC starts to wage war with the saints.

I live in Pennsylvania. We just moved here two years ago. I have some acquaintances (who are Christians), but, I have not met anyone here who truely believes that we are very close to seeing Jesus return.

Another thought that I had, was, setting up one or several meeting places, if things get really bad. But, I don't think anyone can say for sure where they will be when things start to get bad.

I don't have an answer, but, I have been thinking the same thing.
Sue-M

Postby Tevye on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:52 am

My recomendation:
for what it's worth : )
would be for Christians
to exodus the major populated areas
(and move up to higher ground)
to the mountains of North America
especially the Rockies.

The lower populated areas
will most likely be the hardest hit.

(Remember-
the Lord will provide
for your needs
in Christ Jesus)

The Apostle Paul wrote: And my God shall supply all your need
according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

-Philippians 4:19

It would be prudent for Christians
to build and organize like Israel, Kibbutzim, now.
(before it's too late)

Almost like communities that are faith based
Christian faith based only.
A highly difficult task, if not impossible.

Yet with God all things are possible.
(as my wonderful 3 year old constantly reminds me :grin: )
Tevye

Postby Sherree on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 am

Good thoughts, lisa!

We have already started a home fellowship in our home with like-minded believers. All have come out of church altogether.

We are doing what you mentioned. Planning, studying God's Word, fellowshipping together, building each other up, and preparing to go underground if it should come to that.

Bless you......
Sherree

Sherree

Postby lisa68 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, I am so glad God is putting this on some hearts out there! We have been looking around thinking that when things start happening we are surrounded by non-Christians (even though they may be very nice people). Or Christians who believe in Pre Tribulation (I have to say I am still praying that He will return sooner rather than later). My husband and I will be praying for God to bring those people into your life as well as our lives!

We don't really know too many people where we live either. We haven't been here long either and we're kind of on the shy side. Church doesn't seem to be the place to meet people, or people who believe that we might be going through persecution by the AC.

We have decided that we are going to start praying for those who God has put this in their heart that he will bring like-minded Christians together.

We were talking also about praying that God might raise up a Christian or several through out the country who might be able to prepare a place for fleeing Christians seeking safety - in the Rocky Mountains maybe...

Sue M that is a really good idea about setting up meeting places. Let's pray that this catches on if it is Gods' will and that we will be able to prepare.

I think that is the key word - prepare. Especially by preparing our hearts by having our 'lamps full of oil'.

Everyone that responded - thank you. I apologize if my response was a little confusing - I have been typing while playing Hot Wheels with my little boy.

We live in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area and we would welcome hearing from anyone who would like to start getting together!

God bless!

Lisa
lisa68

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:31 pm

(before it's too late)

With how they are starting to move the whole world into thinking Christians are threatening and terrorists performing hate crimes by speaking against living in opposition of the bible.......how long before a community like that would become another waco?
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby mela on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Look For Truth..., I have been thinking this very same thing for quite a while! I am actively planning for my children ( grown and out ), and for others as well, to the best of my ability. I am , however, thinking about foreshadows of things to come. I just want to be prepared for something that I would not rather have to face!
mela
Supporting Member

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:22 pm

You could create a frappr map and ask people to mark their locations. But, I don't know how many people (myself included) would want to sign up.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Sue-M on Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:19 am

Lookfortruth wrote:
(before it's too late)

With how they are starting to move the whole world into thinking Christians are threatening and terrorists performing hate crimes by speaking against living in opposition of the bible.......how long before a community like that would become another waco?

I agree. If we formed a community right now, in today's world, that's exactly what would happen. It would be like Waco.

I wasn't thinking about this for today. I was thinking that when the mark of the beast comes. Then, it won't matter if we are like Waco, they are coming after us anyway.

I think the reason that I have been thinking about this is because I will fight to my death to be taken captive. I would rather hide in the woods and face everything in that place, than just sit back and let them take me. But, in my case, I don't think my husband will want to go with me. My kids might not even want to go with me. I might very well be all alone. And I have no idea what to do to survive. Plus, having like minded people around you, is always nice. So, I have been praying to God for help when this time comes. I know that God will help me, but, having someone with me would keep me sane.
Sue-M

Postby lisa68 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 am

I guess whether or not Christians would be able to get a safe place prepared before it was needed, there will likely be many Christians with the same idea - fleeing to some place they hope will be a place of safety.

If we can't get together now, I am pretty sure we will along the way. I guess we just have to do our best to be spiritually prepared for ourselves and for others and pray that Christians will be willing to help each other.

Hopefully God will send us all friendships with like minded Christians. We are going to keep praying for that.

lisa
lisa68

Postby CaryC on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:17 am

Hey,

Sherree already told you that we are getting together with some folks. Well, we didn't know anyone either, we thought. What we did, because we had heard from some other places that those who want to "house church" should network, was google "house church". Checked out a bunch of sites, and ended at www.house2house.net they have a forum where you can search for posts about things like that for your area, if any. There was for ours, oddly enough posted only a few days before. E-mailed them and come to find out it was a friend from days gone by. Oddly enough looking for the same type of thing, and who was excited about the last days, with the same concerns.

I'm beginning to think this is a move of God. People unknown to each other, not traveling in the same circles, thinking, feeling lead to the same conclusion. To me that is a move of God.
Cary
Wise Men Still Seek Him
CaryC

Postby smallisland on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 am

I just had a look at the housechurch website mentioned but it seems to me you'd still need to be really careful about what you might be getting yourself into. Just because people are interested in meeting in homes doesn't mean they're on the same wavelength. Sorry if I sound super-cautious but its because of my past experiences of being unwittingly being sucked into false teaching.
smallisland

Postby El Gallo on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:29 pm

I think preaching, rather than fleeing is where the Lord will lead us. Btw, if you accept that there is a growing world-wide network to support AC when he shows himself, it is reasonable to believe some folks in authority watch sites like this one, and compile information on contributers.
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby IamtheWalrus on Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Something came over me a few months ago, and I began witnessing to folks I work with. Humbly, I have led one into the faith, and another is almost there. As well as one homosexual man in his fifties has started communicating with Jesus.

I have begun to feel that my place...or purpose is to be here in Seattle, witnessing to those that I see are lost and looking, or even that...curious as to why things are happening the way they are unfolding.

When I lived in Florida, I felt a draw to the Cascade Mountain Range, and summarily, and with humility, maybe I am here to Shepard some folks there and wait out this tribulation. I am not sure, but this voice keeps echoing in my head to continue the work and prepare. I have learned to listen to that voice, and the more I try to shut it out, the louder it gets. My conclusion is it is God, because it is through my conscience that it communicates with me.

I so desperately want to start a family and buy a house, open a little restaurant with my wife, but something deep in my heart keeps telling that that may not happen. However, I continue on with my plans, and the signs get louder and louder each day that passes. His hand is in my life, but I know that He doesn't want me to just drop everything and move to the hills, because, in many ways, the work is unfinished.

Keep witnessing folks, and keep going about your daily and monthly plans, because only will those that watch, know when it is time to.......

RUN TO THE HILLS!!

:grin:
Ken
Psa 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
IamtheWalrus

Re: Getting Together

Postby bkhoward2001 on Sun May 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Networking is going to be vital during these times..... Strength in numbers. Strength in the Lord.
bkhoward2001

Return to Post-trib view only