Anyone thinking of an underground shelter for trib?

No opposing arguments allowed

Anyone thinking of an underground shelter for trib?

Postby heavenlycreation on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:45 pm

For the past week, my husband and I have been planning what we are going to do during the tribulation. After realizing that our pre-trib rapture fantasies were just that, we suddenly feel like we need to pull together all of our resources and make a home for our family before it's too late.

I was wondering what the rest of you are planning on doing? I'll just throw some of our ideas out there to see what you guys think.

First of all, we are not rich. Not even close. Our monthly take home income is about $1900.

We feel like we need to have a place to run to when the anti-christ comes into power and the trib starts, and don't want to risk staying here at home. So, we're going to try to buy some land in the country somewhere.

Next thing is shelter. A tent won't do, and a house might be too obviouse. We want it to be underground. At first we thought about 8' by 40' shipping containers, put like 4 or 5 of them together and weld out doorways. At $4,000 per container, we realized it would be around the same price to just have an underground concrete shelter build, kind of like a basement with a concrete roof. We would want it to be at least 1,500sq ft. We have 3 kids. So I called and got estimates today on what something like that might cost to build and they all quoted $35,000 - $40,000.

Also, we will stock up of food and fresh water. We'll have like 7 pallets of canned food, and 2 bulk tanks of fresh water. Plus a well dug for baths and washing clothes.

We even figure we could have it powered by solar pannels for $3-4,000.

We would be self sufficient for a good 3 years.

Here's the problem, we cannot afford this. Just saving money and my husband getting a second job will only bring in about $35,000 over the next 2-3 years, just barely enough to pay for the house if we're lucky. :roll:

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to build a cheap shelter?

It was kinda funny calling contractors to get estimates. They couldn't understand why in the world anyone would build such a large "storm shelter" Is there a company that specializes in underground tribulation period housing? LOL
heavenlycreation

Postby ozell on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am

Hi heavenly

I will be very frank in a very Christian loving way.

You have too much Love for the Lord to be thinking this way.
The Lord has a way out for his servants.
The saints with knowledge will not go thru the great tribulation.
He delivered Noah, Lot, Israel, David, and he will deliver you and the family.

He has a place that will be prepared when the appointed time comes.

A ark was prepared by Noah
Lot was led out of the city by angels(read all of Psalms 91 and it will show you how the Lord will deliver you).
Israel was led into the wilderness and given the provision they needed to survive.
Paul escaper numerous times as well as Peter.

Not one of them needed a shelter or provisions. if God is with you who can be against you.

When that great tribualtion come upon us, the things that we store will not help. If you don't take that mark you won't work, which means you will not be able to pay the house note or at least the taxes then the powers that be will take your house and every thing thats in it.

The Lord said this will be a time like never before, the worse that you have thought on this time is far, far worse than that.

He will deliver in the time of trIbulation.

Read the below chapter and discern for yourself on how the Lord will deliver in these end tiem days.

Mt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Isa 16:1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

Rv 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Rv 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Isa 35:1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

9: No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:

10: And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Isa 41:18 I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

19 I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:

20: That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.

Ps 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

2: I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3: Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

ozell
Peace to all in Jesus mighty name
ozell

Postby heavenlycreation on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:05 am

Ozell, I can appriciate what you are saying, but I'm thinking about the 10 virgins. 5 of them did not prepare, and the bible calls them foolish. It says that when they ran out of oil, they had to ask the others for some. The others only had enough for themselves. Maybe there will be a wonderful place in the wilderness over in Israel, but I'm not so sure about here in America.

As for the house note and land note, we thought about that. That's why we would pay cash for everything, if the Lord provides enough money to do so. You can also pay your taxes a few years in advance. I think if we did our part, as did Noah, that God would do his part by protecting us from things out of our control.

I will also add that if we didn't have any kids we probably wouldn't bother to worry about any of this. We're not scared to die. But cannot stand the thought of someone coming in our house saying that we take the mark or else they take our kids. See, I don't think that when all the Christians get killed for refusing the mark, that their kids will be killed also. I think that's what's going to test people the most. Being killed and having their kids lead off to go suffer the tribulation with evil people.

I am giving this whole thing to God. As of now we cannot save enough money to do what we want. I prayed about it last night and this verse came to mind: My grace is sufficient for you. My strength is made perfect in your weakness. It does come down to the fact that where ever God wants us, that's where we'll be. Weather it's a nice underground house or a cave or a tent.

I am just happy that God is going to judge this world soon. It truly is rotten, and I'm happy to know that He's not going to sit back much longer and let these things go on!
heavenlycreation

Postby ozell on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:13 am

Hi Heavenly

I understand

May the Heavenly Father bless and protect you and the Family in all your heart intentions.

Peace to you in the name of Jesus

ozell
ozell

Postby soonverysoon on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:59 pm

I was just thinking if this is what God wants you to do then He will make a way for you to do it.

My own thoughts on this is that the world will be in such a mess from war and stuff that there want really be any place to hide. Even if you got the land and built on it what would stop the government from comming and taking it? You can't really hide because you would still have to pay taxes on your land.

But I understand where you are comming from I have thought about the same things. I felt that if I could get some land then I could at lease have a garden and a place to put a tent if need be.

But I really think we are just going to find out what it means to trust in the Lord. When it all comes down Jesus will be our only hope.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby BethelKid on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:42 am

Hi, everyone...I have been taught that the place God prepares for refuge during the tribulation is for the protection of the Jews only. But it seems from the above posts that perhaps I was taught incorrectly. I should mention that I learned that as part of a pre-trib view, which I no longer believe to be accurate. I was encouraged to see that there may be hope for a place of protection! I will have to study this a lot more!

Holly
BethelKid
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:15 am

Heavenly said:Ozell, I can appriciate what you are saying, but I'm thinking about the 10 virgins. 5 of them did not prepare, and the bible calls them foolish. It says that when they ran out of oil, they had to ask the others for some. The others only had enough for themselves. Maybe there will be a wonderful place in the wilderness over in Israel, but I'm not so sure about here in America.

Heavenly....I think the parables of the ten virgins is about our inner light...Having our souls prepared for Jesus...to make sure we are strong in faith....I don't think it meant that we are supposed to store up stuff for the tribulation....THAT being said....I too thought about trying to make a shelter or something....but every time I thought about it...for some reason I got the feeling that it would be a waste of my effort.....I think if we are here for the Tribulation...that we are going to HAVE to trust in Jesus to deliver us. We are going to have to become very trusting of each other as well....helping our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ....I am not sure how/what we are going to need to do here in the US....we just need to trust that God will take care of us and provide for us.
kat

Postby ozell on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:04 am

HI FP

Jesus our saviour or hope has a solution for all things.

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place,[/b] where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, [b]from the face of the serpent.

We are the woman(the church) Yes this is israel, but it applies to all the son's of adam who believes and obey Jesus.

Eph 2:11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

what's good for the Jew is good for us. JESUS

OZELL
ozell

Postby ozell on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 am

Hi FP

Think about this verse if the thought of preparing yourself worldly for the great tribulation. SATAN will find you and send his people after you. He is a angel.

2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

you may have already told satan your plans thinking the person you was telling was a good person

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Job 2:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

1Pt 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

He looking for you.

Rv 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

he got you.

ozell
ozell

Postby AndCanItBe on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:37 am

26"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny[d]? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Matthew 10
AndCanItBe

Postby ozell on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 am

Hi AndCanItBe

:a3:

my point is that we don't have to do this if we are serving God.

He delivered Noah, Lot the Apostles and he will deliver us.

So it is very senseless to go through the great tribulation or God wrath if you don't have to.

Why go through something you don't have to.

we can read in scriptures when the Lord say prepare this, build that and so on. but in our last days he did not say this.

Jesus will save us and it will be before all this chaos happen.

Psalms 91 is the perfect example of his deliverance

ozell
ozell

Postby BethelKid on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:41 am

Ozell, forgive me if I am misunderstanding your last post. Are you saying you are pre-trib and in your view we won't be here for the Tribulation? Perhaps I am not reading your post as you intended it. Could you clarify for me?

Thanks,
Holly
BethelKid
Supporting Member

Postby ozell on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 am

Hi Holly

sorry for the confusion

I do not believe in a rapture period.
I do not believe in is pretrib, posttrib, prewrath or post wrath
These words or doctrines are not in the bible.

I believe in the secret place or wilderness a place prepared of by God for the protection of his people. This place is on the earth.

Thanks for askings.

ozell
ozell

Postby BethelKid on Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:42 am

Ok, thanks for explaining, Ozell!

Holly
BethelKid
Supporting Member

Re: Anyone thinking of an underground shelter for trib?

Postby coconut_meadows on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:12 pm

heavenlycreation wrote:Next thing is shelter. A tent won't do, and a house might be too

It was kinda funny calling contractors to get estimates. They couldn't understand why in the world anyone would build such a large "storm shelter" Is there a company that specializes in underground tribulation period housing? LOL

Hi Heavenly Creation!

Check out Mike Oehler's website about building underground houses.

http://www.undergroundhousing.com

I am preparing for the tribulation so far by storing up food,
but I haven't really considered an underground shelter so far.
I am going to try to get my home as self-sufficient as possible so I can operate without electricity when we can no longer pay the hydro bill.

And we are going to scope out a nearby hiding location in the forest in the event that we have to flee there. I don't see too much point in building an underground shelter on land we own, as they would know where to find us anyways if they wanted to hunt us down. But having a backup shelter of some sort on government land in a good hiding spot might work.
coconut_meadows

Postby hirutbuddy on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:25 pm

If there is a earthquake, the underground shelter will be destroyed. Thats what I'm think'in. Maybe we are supposed to be in Judea, so when we see the AOD, we will know to flea to the mountains. Unless you read the Word of God, you are not going to know to flea to the mountains when we see the AOD. I don't think it's only for Israel, but I could be wrong.
hirutbuddy

Postby ozell on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:27 am

Hi hirutbuddy

Read Psalm 91

His angel will make a way for us to be delivered

He had Angels go get Lot

He had angels go help the Apostles,

He will have them Help us.

ozell
ozell

Where to flee

Postby coconut_meadows on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:16 pm

hirutbuddy wrote:If there is a earthquake, the underground shelter will be destroyed. Thats what I'm think'in. Maybe we are supposed to be in Judea, so when we see the AOD, we will know to flea to the mountains. Unless you read the Word of God, you are not going to know to flea to the mountains when we see the AOD. I don't think it's only for Israel, but I could be wrong.

I wish I knew how things were going to turn out for us christians.
What I'm trying to do is prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

I read a very interesting view of the end times where he believes that the prophet Elijah will come before the tribulation and direct those who are paying attention to the place of safety where we are to hide. He had a lot of good points and things that made sense and I hope he's right. I'ld love to know there is a special place prepared for me to be safe in. And perhaps the christians being murdered will be the ones who weren't looking and therefore didn't heed the warning early enough.

On the other hand, christians throughout history have not escaped persecution and have had to die for not denying the Lord. I am not any more worthy than they were to escape death. So who knows?
coconut_meadows

Postby hirutbuddy on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:25 pm

I think if God wants us to be martyers we will have no place to hide. He says if you try to keep your life you will lose it , but if you loose your life for Him you will gain it. I will take eternal life over the great tribulation anyday. Whatever gets me to Jesus quicker. I hope it will be like Stephen's experience were the pain and death will be quick. Plus God doesn't want us to be cowards, he died for us, so I will die for Jesus if that is what he wants, for His Glory. Since the 70th week is about to start, Matt. 24 says before the AOD, we believers will be persecuted, this could start immediately once the covenant is confirmed so we have to be ready to suffer and also pray and plan places of refuge. If God says go to Israel , that is where I will be. I just would feel guilty asking God to keep me alive when I will be seeing all the couragous Christians being killed and persecuted because they are preaching the Gospel during the 70th week.
hirutbuddy

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Jam 4:13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."

Jam 4:14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Jam 4:15 Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that."
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby hirutbuddy on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Praise God for His word.thanks for the reminder. :a3:
hirutbuddy

Postby coconut_meadows on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:53 am

hirutbuddy wrote:If God says go to Israel , that is where I will be. I just would feel guilty asking God to keep me alive when I will be seeing all the couragous Christians being killed and persecuted because they are preaching the Gospel during the 70th week.

I don't think we are supposed to be out there preaching after the Abomination of Desolation. At this point we are supposed to be hiding. I don't think there's any point trying to convert someone who has already taken the Mark. Also, I think it is the role of the 144,000 witnesses to go around in pairs and preach about what is about to happen. I don't believe they are unsaved Israelites, rather they believe in Christ (likely of Jewish blood though) and are given special protection from God so that no man/beast can harm them. These men will be free and safe to go into every region of the world and give them final warning.

Perhaps if you are feeling the urge to preach the gospel during the tribulation, it is because the Lord has you in mind to join that special class of men. As for my husband, I imagine that the Lord would rather have him protecting his family -- but he may have a different purpose for those strong christian men with no wife and children.
coconut_meadows

Postby quiverfullmom on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:19 pm

Hey coconut meadows,
Thanks for the link to underground housing. I just bought his book! :wink:
My husband and I are trying to sell the farm we own 3 hours away and the home we live in and buy some property within an hour of our church. We want to build a house debt free, and have looked at straw bale mainly. We like its insulative properties. I think an underground house is even better. We just didn't know you could do it without expensive concrete. This will save a lot on foundation and roofing costs, the 2 biggies.

We want to be debt free and self-sufficient for lots of reasons, the trib being one of them. I want to be able to help others during that time, not just hide myself out. But we obviously need to be quick. We have a lot of skills to learn in very little time. While I know that God can send manna and quail and keep our shoes and clothes from wearing out if he wants, I don't want to presume that He will do so. After all Noah spent 100 years building the ark and storing food. So I will do what I can and trust God that it is enough.

God bless.

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:3-5
quiverfullmom

Re: Anyone thinking of an underground shelter for trib?

Postby coconut_meadows on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:02 pm

heavenlycreation wrote:Also, we will stock up of food and fresh water. We'll have like 7 pallets of canned food, and 2 bulk tanks of fresh water. Plus a well dug for baths and washing clothes.

We even figure we could have it powered by solar pannels for $3-4,000.

We would be self sufficient for a good 3 years.

Here's the problem, we cannot afford this. Just saving money and my husband getting a second job will only bring in about $35,000 over the next 2-3 years, just barely enough to pay for the house if we're lucky. :roll:

Heavenly Creation,

I should have responded to the above when you first posted.
I would reconsider saving up canned foods.
People don't realize that canned foods usually have a shelf-life of less than two years. Plus they are practically void of nutritional value.

This link gives you the shelf life of common canned store items.
http://www.y2kkitchen.com/html/can_code_decoder.html

A much better option is buying properly dehydrated foods that are packed in cans with oxygen absorbers. There are many places that sell this type of supplies for emergency preparedness.

Read this article comparing nutritional value of frozen, canned, and dehydrated foods.
http://waltonfeed.com/self/nutrdehy.html

And dehydrated bulk foods are more economical than canned foods as well. Some people eat that way all the time to save money on their groceries.
Read this article on how bulk food costs less.
http://survivalacres.com/information/why_buy.html

I bought dehydrated vege soup from the above company (Survival Acres) and it tasted very nice. Plus there were no additives or preservatives in it like you will find in store-bought canned foods.

The other thing I have stored up is grains like wheat. I have a grain mill and I currently grind my own grain for sourdough bread. I won't have store-bought yeast around during the tribulation so I learned the skills I need now to make bread from natural air-borne yeasts. Storing grains is a cheap way to store nutritious food. If I also run low on veges I can simply sprout the grain for a nutritious fresh vegetable.

I moderate a Yahoo group where we have discussed all of the above things and more, and you are welcome to join. Just private message me if you want.
coconut_meadows

Postby Bob the Quiet on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:27 pm

Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[g] 28And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

The Lord brought this passage to my attention not long ago, not because I was anxious about the Trib, but rather for current financial difficulties. What we have to keep in mind is this: if God will provide for us now while our nation still allows us our religious freedoms, how much more will He provide for us when we are suffering for His sake?
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
-Thomas Jefferson

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Do not be anxious

Postby coconut_meadows on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:01 pm

Bob the Quiet wrote:Matthew 6
26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[g] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Even though the birds don't sow or reap or gather into barns,
people do.
Even though lilies don't toil or spin,
people do.

This was not God telling us that we don't have to work for our food and store up barns during the harvest so that food will last the rest of the year.
The godliest of all farmers toils and stores up food.
The godliest of all weavers, has to spin their wool into useable clothing.

What I believe this passage IS saying
is that is the Lord DOES provide everything we need WHEN he chooses.

For instance, if we are called to be full-time doing ministry,
then we won't have to go to work to put food on our tables.

If circumstances are beyond our control, then the circumstances are in God's control and he will provide like he does for the birds and the lillies.

God fed the Israelites with Manna. They couldn't stop and grow gardens in the desert. And since they couldn't get new shoes he made sure their shoes never wore out.

Remember that God also told us to be like the Ant who does store up food during the times of plenty.

Just like he told Joseph to store up food during the 7 years of plenty to save the people during the 7 years of lack.

The bible tells us to watch and be ready,
and it seems to me at this point that being ready includes
storing up food "in our barns" during the years when there is plenty for the times when there isn't.

I'm absolutely sure that there will be many many miracles of people being fed miraculously after the Mark is enforced. But I'm not sure that he is allowing us to learn about all these signs of the times for us to sit back and do nothing about storing up for our own provisions.

Hopefully my stored provisions won't be needed.
Hopefully the Lord will direct me to a safe place where all my needs are met.
But at this point I don't know what the Lords plan is for me and my family during the tribulation. So I am being wise like the ant, yet hoping the Lord will provide for me like he does for the birds and the lilies.

It is always smart to keep an emergency supply of food on hand anyways, trib or no trib.
In the past before everyone had a grocery store down the street from them,
they stored up most of the food they needed over the winter during the summer. And then there was always the possibility their crop would fail so if they had extra stored up they were safe.
This has been common sense around the world until recently when we have lost much of our common sense and gotten used to convenience.
coconut_meadows

Postby brandiepair on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:41 pm

I know the people in my church who are taking the signs seriously already plan on living at the church. I guess we are blessed to live in Tornado Alley and the town's storm shelters are in our church parking lot. My pastor's wife was shown by the Lord in the spring that we will be hiding out in the basement/shelter and praying when the rapture happens. Of course, you never know if that was Satan trying to tell her things since she was hearing alot from God at the time.....

Also, one of you were talking about the safety of your kids. This may sound terrible, but I've already come to the realization that I may have to watch my babies be murdered because I won't renounce the name of Christ. Something you may want to pray about.

We are all preparing here with water mainly because we think there will be a nuclear attack on America and the water will be unfit to drink. Protein is another thing that is going to be hard to come by, so I've stocked up on canned meat and beans.

This is just my opinions on this. Glad to see that my town isn't the only one who is "hearing/feeling" the same things from the Lord.
Waiting for Him,

Brandie
brandiepair

Postby Allthingsnew on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey HeavenlyCreation,

I checked on a few awhile back. I couldn't imagine a 1500 sf underground shelter. But heres a link to a cheaper way.

I just did a search on "underground shelter" and it came up with this and a few more.

Hope this helps.

http://waltonfeed.com/old/cellar3.html
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make ALL THINGS NEW.
Allthingsnew

Perhaps this will help,

Postby notlongnow on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:17 am

In the coming wilderness tribulation those who fear the Lord will have places of refuge. (Pr.14:26) In the fear of Jehovah is strong confidence; And his children shall have a place of refuge. The most important place of refuge is to "abide in the secret place of the Most High" where the psalmist says "He is my refuge" (Ps.91:1,2). This of course is to abide in Christ, the only true refuge. From among these people will be those who inhabit cities of refuge. I wouldn't call these "cities" in modern day terms, for most, if not all of them, will be very primitive. Any more than this in the seven years of famine would invite the beast people to come and join or come and plunder. Some are building their plush homes and prosperous hideaways in their plans to wait out the wilderness. However, I suspect this does not fulfill the type of Israel in the sparse wilderness seeing their needs met by God. Steve and Doris Spanios shared on our broadcast how that an angel took her to a plush refuge where there were homes and everything was green and pretty. She was warned not to go there for it was a place of antichrist. She was then taken to one of the real camps where she saw her shanty of tin and wood thrown together. She was there cooking, washing clothes and taking care of the women and children. She said there were always vegetables in the garden -- enough for them to pick and eat every day since they were replenished constantly. There was a well with a hand pump and it always had water. She was told never to leave the camp and the forest around the camp. However, two men left and returned, probably to preach the gospel and bring others drawn to the refuge. These represent the corporate two witnesses. She said they studied the Bible every day and the leaders were these two men, who gave others responsibilities for teaching, praying and healing. Jesus sent out a corporate body of two witnesses who ordained elders to train the Church. In another vision, a man who appeared to be dressed like Jesus was present, and she and Steve thought He must be representative of the man-child.
At the time of this interview in December of 2006, Doris was amazingly 28 months pregnant with a child whom they had called Elijah. The doctors wanted to take the baby and threatened to do it by court order but they decided to have nothing more to do with doctors. Doris looked about seven months pregnant at this time but she and Steve thought the baby could be born in another year or so. This is a supernatural sign like John the Baptist's birth. According to Jesus he was Elijah in spirit, who was born six months before Jesus just as this child may be born six months before the man-child. This tells us that we are very close to the beginning of the tribulation. I believe that before the middle of the tribulation when the mark is imposed many will have escaped to places of refuge like this. Some will be there before to prepare and some will find their way there afterwards. Do not be afraid if God does not call you to one of these cities but abide in Christ, the great city of refuge.
A brother I have known for several years and is a part of our larger broadcast fellowship, had been negotiating for some property during this time. Later he told me that he had seen a vision of campers, motor homes, and RVs in the area. Recently he got satellite photos of this property and what he saw shocked him and then us. He saw a man-child with a crown upon his head being birthed out of a mountain. Then he saw a lamb's head. Then I saw a dragon which had the lambs head in its mouth, which makes sense since he devoured Jesus almost 2000 years ago. Others saw a lion, Jesus, a pyramid, which is the timeline of the end-times. Then I went to sleep one night and the Lord spoke to me that the woman who brought forth the man-child was there too and when I got up I saw her. Her picture was in the mountain and she was birthing the man-child. None of this is hard to see once one sees it. I wrote this brother, "The whole story of the end-time is there in the satellite picture which can be seen best when the sun is in an exact position. It does not exist on the ground except as trees and rocks, which reflect the Sun (pun intended) to show "signs in the earth beneath" (Acts 2:19). The land is a city of refuge for the man-child to protect and educate the Woman church of Rev.12 in the wilderness. For the manslayer to take refuge from the avenger of the death. … The man-child is hidden from the dragon behind his head. … I believe that this revelation is not to be widely know except to the elect who will be told to go there by the angels before the complete devastation…"
Angels of God will lead the righteous to these secret cities while leaving apostates to suffer at the hands of the beast system in the hope that those who refuse the mark will repent through losing their old life. Many will need to go into captivity in the concentration camps and underground cities where the sheep will be separated from the goats. (Rev.13:10} If any man [is] for captivity, into captivity he goeth… Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. Without ten righteous in modern day Sodom, it is doomed with all of its sinners (Gen 18:32). Angels will once again take Lot's spiritual offspring by the hand and lead them out of the perversion and imminent judgment of end-time Sodom saying, "Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the Plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed" (Gen.19:17). To this modern Lots might plead, "[B]ehold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one. Oh let me escape thither (is it not a little one?), and my soul shall live. And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow the city of which thou hast spoken. Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar (20,21). Zoar means "little" for there will be comparatively few, even among so-called "Christians" who will "escape" the judgment on this wicked world. (Rom 2:3) And reckonest thou this, o man, who judges them that practice such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? (Heb 2:3) How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? We are exhorted to pray and overcome sin to escape. (Heb 2:3) But watch ye at every season, making supplication, that ye may prevail to escape all these things that shall come to pass.
Disciples of Christ who are living the crucified life will escape. One method God will use is to protect a few little cities from the destroyer as Goshen was protected when Egypt was destroyed. Also cities of refuge were provided throughout Israel to protect the manslayer who killed someone "unwittingly." Spiritually this means they did not kill him by their own knowledge or wisdom. (Num 35:11) then ye shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you, that the manslayer that killeth any person unwittingly may flee thither. (12) And the cities shall be unto you for refuge from the avenger, that the manslayer die not…. A disciple of Christ is one who by the wit of Christ and not his own is a manslayer by putting to death his old man. The avenger of blood, the wicked beast people, are relatives and friends of the old man. They are both beasts, born of flesh. The avengers of this world hate and seek to put to death those who have put to death self. Satan and his army are coming to avenge the blood of the old man like Pharaoh's army at the Red Sea. Spiritually speaking, if you are caught outside the city of refuge, whether of Christ or a physical city, the avenger of blood may put you to death. (26) But if the manslayer shall at any time go beyond the border of his city of refuge, whither he fleeth, (27) and the avenger of blood find him without the border of his city of refuge, and the avenger of blood slay the manslayer; he shall not be guilty of blood, (28) because he should have remained in his city of refuge until the death of the high priest: but after the death of the high priest the manslayer shall return into the land of his possession. Notice that after the death of the high priest, who is Christ, has been fully manifested in our life we may go where God wills and be safe for there is no curse upon us. (1Cor.2:2) For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (Phl.3:10) that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death.
The wicked are also manslayers for they have put to death their spiritual man and the people of God. They are guilty and they will die for they did it wittingly by following their own wisdom. They also are outside the city of refuge, Jesus Christ. In this case God himself is the avenger. (Rom.12:19) Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath [of God]: for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, saith the Lord. (Ex.11:4) And Moses said, Thus saith Jehovah, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: (5) and all the first-born in the land of Egypt shall die… The first-born is the flesh and the born-again man is the spiritual man.
If you would like to know more from the Word about how the righteous will walk in the wilderness and be encouraged by many exciting testimonies read our book Sovereign God, For Us and Through Us.

Source= www.Americaslastdays.com
notlongnow

Postby nonymouse on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:37 am

Welcome to FP, Notlongnow.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby Abbershay on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:21 am

If i were planning on being in the trib , i would want to be in the very best place . the best place wouold be somewhere close to where a nuke was going to land.

I am not joking. It would be instant and no pain.
Abbershay

Postby notlongnow on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:23 am

Dear all. please forgive me for not introducing myself before posting. I am so compelled to press that post button, lol. anyways I hope it helped some. GBU all here, looks like a good little community here. I look foward to posting somemore.
You can find more about me here http://www.myspace.com/cwesti
notlongnow

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:37 am

:wavewelcome: notlongnow!
AndCanItBe

Postby qb0987 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:48 am

heavenlycreation wrote:Ozell, I can appriciate what you are saying, but I'm thinking about the 10 virgins. 5 of them did not prepare, and the bible calls them foolish. It says that when they ran out of oil, they had to ask the others for some. The others only had enough for themselves. Maybe there will be a wonderful place in the wilderness over in Israel, but I'm not so sure about here in America.

I'm not saying you shouldn't prepare for the coming tribulation, but if you think about the parable, the preparation the wise virgins did was the preparation to meet the bridegroom (i.e., oil to light), it was not about the endurance till the bridegroom comes (they were all sleeping anyway).

So, the most important prep is the spiritual readiness... holding fast and standing firm till the end.

Actually, I think the most important (physical) skills will be survival skills... how to move around without being caught, how to survive on the land, etc. When that day comes, I think we will have to be fleeing a lot.
Last edited by qb0987 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qb0987

Postby OBXBob on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 pm

:wavewelcome: notlongnow!

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

staying on topic, sort of.

Postby notlongnow on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:19 pm

I just want to ask all of you here if you ever have or had daytime visions that come from God. Or maybe dreams visions where you are being shown something to do, a place to go ect..?
notlongnow

Postby notlongnow on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:23 am

ponderings, think about this.

For those who sincerely believe, trust in, and follow Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach in Hebrew) this short life on Earth will be the closest thing to Hell we will ever experience ... and for those who do not believe or trust in Him (to save them from their sins) this short life will be the closest thing to Heaven.

so wether you feel like its heaven on earth or hell on earth right now, believer or not its either going to get better or worse for you when the end comes.
Be sure you are on the right side.
notlongnow

Postby Waiting on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:06 pm

notlongnow Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:19 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to ask all of you here if you ever have or had daytime visions that come from God. Or maybe dreams visions where you are being shown something to do, a place to go ect..?

I feel he is telling me to prepare to go some where. I just can't pin point where to go and when to go.
Wating on Christ
Waiting

Postby perigrini on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Yes.

God bless,

perigrini
perigrini

Postby notlongnow on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:28 am

Just sharing here.

I have been getting day visions of a place I will need to go for about 9mnts now. In the vision I am showed what this place looks like and things I will be called on to do there, but likewise I havent reckognised it yet and I dont know when I am supposed to move. But you can be sure, that when the time comes, God will show you exactly where and when you are to go there, just as much as you are sure that he has given you a vision of the place.

At this time though patience is called for. Im knuckling down to spending more time in the word and prayer so I am ready when called.
notlongnow

Postby mommyjen on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:23 pm

I think the idea of protecting ourselves will be dumped pretty quickly when we realize how many unsaved people there and we will be needing to reach before the quick end. This thought just occured to me. I think the Holy Spirit will be greatly upon believers in those days and that will be the mission as it always has been. This is not meaning to offend anyone, it is just a new thought in light of the times. :a2:
mommyjen

Postby Loop on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 pm

John 9:4
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is DAY; The NIGHT cometh , when no man can work
Loop

Postby mommyjen on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:55 pm

Maybe so but when does the night start. I think it will be clear.
mommyjen

Postby Adamantine on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:42 pm

a
Last edited by Adamantine on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
No speaking disrespectfully, or with contempt, about the President, his Office, or the United States government. We are to respect the authority God places over us. It's OK to disagree. Just do it with respect.

Those who look to liberty to provide anything other than liberty itself are destined to live in slavery.

Men must obtain Truth from the Word of God
Adamantine

Postby mela on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 pm

:welcome: Adamantine! I agree with you. I also believe to not prepare is foolish. I see the people in Israel preparing for a war that that hope will not happen. Perhaps a good lead to follow.
mela
Supporting Member

Postby Adamantine on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:06 pm

a
Last edited by Adamantine on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
No speaking disrespectfully, or with contempt, about the President, his Office, or the United States government. We are to respect the authority God places over us. It's OK to disagree. Just do it with respect.

Those who look to liberty to provide anything other than liberty itself are destined to live in slavery.

Men must obtain Truth from the Word of God
Adamantine

Postby Ragnarok on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:46 pm

So, we're going to try to buy some land in the country somewhere.

Don't bother...You don't "own" anything, anymore.

If you don't have the mark, how will you pay your property taxes?

Also, If the government wants you out, they only have to use Emminent Domian and you will have no property to live on.
Ragnarok

Postby Lookfortruth on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:50 pm

If the government wants you out, they only have to use Emminent Domian and you will have no property to live on.

I just recently learned what that is. :eek:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Ragnarok on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:48 am

:wink:

Puts things into perspective, doesn't it.

God is making sure that we must rely on Him and not unto our own understanding...
Ragnarok

Postby Lookfortruth on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:34 am

Yep Rags, and a good reason that I am happy to be debt free and have no loans, mortgages, stocks/bonds, or anything else that makes me do otherwise. :mrgreen:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Next

Return to Post-trib view only