The Lord is On His Way

No opposing arguments allowed

The Lord is On His Way

Postby Spreading Salt on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:27 am

From Charles Spurgeon today:

O Lord, come quickly! There is no life in this earthly existence if Thou be gone. We sigh for the return of Thy sweet smile. When wilt Thou come unto us? We are sure Thou wilt appear; but be Thou like a roe, or a young hart. Make no tarrying, O our God!
:a3:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Re: The Lord is On His Way

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 am

Maximum time is till December 2018. But Im thinking spring of this or next year.. Yes VERY CLOSE!
mrgravyard49

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Sharing in that blessed hope, that very soon we will meet our Lord and Savior face to face. Come Lord Jesus come.

Hebrews 10:35-39
35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37 For yet in a very little while,
He who is coming will come, and will not delay.

38 But My righteous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:18 am

mrgravyard49 wrote:Maximum time is till December 2018. But Im thinking spring of this or next year.. Yes VERY CLOSE!

Matthew 25:1-13 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Parable of Ten Virgins

1) “Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2) Five of them were foolish, and five were prudent. 3) For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4) but the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. 5) Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. 6) But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7) Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8) The foolish said to the prudent, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9) But the prudent answered, ‘No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10) And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11) Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12) But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’
13) Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

This is SPECIFICALLY speaking of the RETURN of Christ.
Mr Baldy

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:<snip>

Matthew 25:1-13 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Parable of Ten Virgins

1) “Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2) Five of them were foolish, and five were prudent. 3) For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4) but the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. 5) Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. 6) But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7) Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8) The foolish said to the prudent, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9) But the prudent answered, ‘No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10) And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11) Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12) But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’
13) Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

This is SPECIFICALLY speaking of the RETURN of Christ.

This parable is speaking of a specific return of Christ at the beginning of the Millennium Age when the Bride, Israel renews the made new again covenant with God to be His people, a Holy Priesthood. He goes inside the hall and the doors are locked. The hall is where? The Bible is silent as to the Halls location, which means that we are speculating as to the location of where the wedding feast takes place.

Also Matthew 24:3 askes the following question: - It has been translated as if there is only one visitation/return of the Lord because that was the view at the time of the establishment of the tradition by the translators when it was first penned into English. Matthew 24 makes more sense if we consider verse 3 as follows:-

Matthew 24:3: - And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the signs of Your comings, and of the end of the ages?"

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Jay Ross wrote:Also Matthew 24:3 askes the following question: - It has been translated as if there is only one visitation/return of the Lord because that was the view at the time of the establishment of the tradition by the translators when it was first penned into English. Matthew 24 makes more sense if we consider verse 3 as follows:-

Jay Ross wrote: Matthew 24:3: - And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the signs of Your comings, and of the end of the ages?"

Jay Ross,

The aforementioned is ONE of the very reasons why most don't like to respond to your posts. You TWIST, and TURN, and very FALSELY interpret and/or add words to Scripture to fit your own ideology.
This is WRONG. This certainly appears to be blatant DECEPTION. I pray that it is not on your part.

This is what Matthew 24:3 actually states:

Matthew 24:3 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

The aforementioned passage of Scripture indicates ONE COMING of Christ period!

You should further consider about those who have their own "PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS" of Scripture:

2 Peter 1:20 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation
Mr Baldy

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Please stop. Just stop.

The original post is a hopeful prayer to a LOVING GOD.

The hope of His coming is the subject.

If you have issue with a post, perhaps you can take that issue to a new thread?

Greatly appreciated brothers,

SS :a2: :angel: :blessyou:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 am

Spreading Salt wrote:Please stop. Just stop.

:a3:

:backtotopic:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Please stop. Just stop.

I wish I had STOPPED too....at the OP.....because it brought a smile and good thought to me......

Bless you, SS, for sharing the joyful news with us......Bless you, sister.

:hugs:

I am evermore anxious for His return.....right now works for me, actually...... :mrgreen:

(but no matter how long it is, I will be evermore anxious for His Return, any hour any day.)
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Sharing in that blessed hope, that very soon we will meet our Lord and Savior face to face. Come Lord Jesus come.

Hebrews 10:35-39
35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37 For yet in a very little while,
He who is coming will come, and will not delay.

38 But My righteous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

RT

:a3: Yes we must accept this by faith and believe in His promise of coming to the earth again.
Jay Ross

Return to Pre-trib view only