Closer?

No opposing arguments allowed

Closer?

Postby mrgravyard49 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Since I see many Mid-trib and post-trib people talking about getting ready for the trib, I just wonder what those who are Pre-trib think? 1 month away from rapture or 3 months or 6 months or 1 year OR Longer?
Im not sure But seeing as how I believe America wont be around by 2016 I gotta think VERY VERY!! close! :banana:
mrgravyard49

Re: Closer?

Postby Jericho on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Closer for sure, how close? Who knows. Were going into uncharted territory here. As a pre-trib I know we are not immune from persecution or tribulation from the world. And there's no telling what we will go through between new and the final seven years begin.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:34 am

The answer given is dependent on whether or not the tribulation period is associated with the end of this age or the end of the Millennium Age.

I tend to favour that the great tribulation will occur towards the end of the Millennium Age and as such, it is still probably around 1, 046 years away before it even starts. (plus or minus 5 years each way.)

But then many guesses have proven to be wrong.
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:47 am

mrgravyard49 wrote:Since I see many Mid-trib and post-trib people talking about getting ready for the trib, I just wonder what those who are Pre-trib think? 1 month away from rapture or 3 months or 6 months or 1 year OR Longer?

1 Pet 4:7 The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers.

While it is easy to be impatient, we need to never forget that 100% of all the people who have set a timeframe for the Rapture have been wrong. Our job is to continue to herald forth his coming and to diligently watch the signs so that we will not be surprised.

1Th 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died.
1Th 4:15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet Him ahead of those who have died.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.
1Th 4:17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
1Th 4:18 So encourage each other with these words.

While we think that it just has to be soon, God in His mercy and grace has allowed for the salvation of millions who would not have been in the kingdom had he come a couple of years ago. Join a team. Gideons International has the goal of passing out 120,000,000 scriptures/year by the year 2020. That is a pretty daunting goal by human standards since they passed out about 90 million in 2014.

We have been a blessed nation, but as we stray farther away from our Christian roots, it feels like the Lord must come to get us out of this mess. But other Christians are living in nations where Satan has a stronghold and they are standing for the Lord. We will too, but we are not used to the challenges of the evil one in a national arena.

:grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am

It certainly does seem that it could be very soon indeed. Though none of us knows for certain how soon. I mean Jesus Himself said that He was coming "soon" and that was almost 2000 years ago. "Soon" therefore is a relative term.

However I think every true believer has/should live in the expectation of His imminent return. It keeps our focus where it needs to be, it puts our daily lives in perspective. We live for His glory, to accomplish His work in this life so that one day we can rejoice around His glorious heavenly throne having attained eternal glory through Christ.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Return to Pre-trib view only