Prophecy in the Psalms

No opposing arguments allowed

Prophecy in the Psalms

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu May 28, 2015 9:10 pm

So there has been ideas about the Chapter Numbers in the Psalms correlating to specific years concerning the endtimes...

I don't think it was started by JR Church but I first heard about it from Prophecy in the News many years ago and expounded by JR where he believed certain Psalms corresponded with the years 2008 to 2015 or something like that... obviously he got that wrong... and then I read from other sources that 2015 corresponds to Psalms 115 where the AOD happens... that looks like it is going to be wrong too...

And so I did a little investigation and checked "Temple" in the Psalms... it seems that there are only 10 mentions... but only one said this...

O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; ... - Psalms 79:1

That caught my attention... it sure sounds quite a bit like the AOD...

The thing about why I ignored JR findings and other similar theories is because most of them uses the modern calendar to calculate e.g. 2015, 2008 etc...

I am thinking if God wants to use a calendar, he would use the Hebrew Calendar...

And so I went checking... This year is 5775... Rosh Hashanah comes September and it will be 5776...

So let's list it out and see if it fits..

5777 Psalms 77 2016-2017 Year 1 In verses 2-4, there are 3 verses with as many "troubles"... "In the day of my trouble", "I remembered the Lord, and was troubled" "I am so troubled I cannot speak"... Start of Jacob's Trouble?
5778 Psalms 78 2017-2018 Year 2
5779 Psalms 79 2018-2019 Year 3
5780 Psalms 80 2019-2020 Year 4 Thine Holy Temple have they defiled - AOD?
5781 Psalms 81 2020-2021 Year 5
5782 Psalms 82 2021-2022 Year 6
5783 Psalms 83 2022-2023 Year 7 Israel is encircled and the enemies says "Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more remembrance."

I don't want to read into the passages... so I will leave it as that... but I tell you why this finding is exciting to ponder...

Psalm 75 corresponding to 5775 2014/2015 talks about "When I shall receive the congregation..." does that sound like the rapture or what?
Then Psalms 84 corresponding to the 8th year... is the famous restoration of Israel Psalm... "How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!" verse 1

So within bookmarks of Psalm 75 to Psalm 84... a span of 10 Chapters... we have a seemingly possible rapture scene 7 years that seems to fit the AOD and Armaggedon and the Restoration of Israel the year later...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Re: Prophecy in the Psalms

Postby mrgravyard49 on Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 pm

NICE fine KA.... :grin:
mrgravyard49

Postby Keeping Alert on Fri May 29, 2015 7:14 am

Psalm 75 corresponding to 5775 2014/2015 talks about "When I shall receive the congregation..." does that sound like the rapture or what?
Then Psalms 84 corresponding to the 8th year... is the famous restoration of Israel Psalm... "How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!" verse 1

My Mistake here... Psalm 84 is the famous Pearl of the Psalms "How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!"

God indeed descending to earth and tabernacling with us for a thousand years... A day in thy courts is better than a thousand (days spent elsewhere)

Psalm 85 is the famous Restoration of Israel Psalm which is prophetic and not historic

"Lord, thou hast been favorable uno thy land: thou hast brought back the captivity of Israel.... Mercy and truth are met together, righteousness and peace have kissed each other."
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Keeping Alert on Fri May 29, 2015 3:32 pm

A few more "interesting" things to add

1. The Rapture doesn't necessarily start the Tribulation or Jacobs Trouble... in fact there may be reasons to believe there could be as much as 10.5 years between the Rapture and the Return of Christ. So if Rapture happens in 5775 and Jacobs Trouble starts in 5777 as postulated above, then there may be a year or two break in between.

2. Of course, the year 5775 caught my eye... what a symmetrical and nice number... 5 the number of Grace and 7 the number associated with God.

3. The Restoration of Israel Psalm85 corresponding to 5785 is also interesting. 8 being the number for New Beginning... 8 in the Ark and 8th day of the week! 5 Grace returns!

Keeping Alert

Postby Keeping Alert on Sat May 30, 2015 3:17 pm

More interesting things to add...

1. The Book of Psalms is written by 3 main authors... David, Asaph and the sons of Korah. A small handful is written by Solomon, Ethan, and Moses. There are 49 "orphaned" psalms which bares no super-inscription and therefore, no one is sure who wrote them

2. The interesting thing about all these authors, is that only Asaph is called a seer or prophet in the bible ( besides Moses who only wrote Psalms 90)

2 Chronicles 29:30
Moreover Hezekiah the king and the princes commanded the Levites to sing praise unto the LORD with the words of David, and of Asaph the seer. And they sang praises with gladness, and they bowed their heads and worshipped.

3. Asaph wrote Psalms 50, 73-83... A total of 12 Psalms... And guess what? Psalm 77 to 83 which I listed as possible Prophecy in the Psalms above for the 7 Tribulation Years are there!

Of course, there are other prophecies in the Psalms... Messianic and above End-Times and other things, but what I am postulating here is that if there is indeed a 7 year period that corresponds to Chapters as put forth by people like JR Church, then it is most likely these...

Lastly, Psalms 84,85 has the inscription "A Psalm for the sons of Korah" but most theologians believe it is written by David himself. Psalm 84 is called the Pearl of Psalms and Spurgeon says it exhales of "a Davidic perfume" Psalm 85 is a prophetic Psalm about the final restoration of Israel. How apt then for David who was king to write these 2 Psalms after Psalm 83 which might refer to the final war at the end of the 7 years tribulation...

Keeping Alert

Return to Pre-trib view only